Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day (46554 Views)

I Am Scared! My Wedding Is This Month & I Haven't Told My Fiancé About My 3 Kids / Police Officer Dies Few Weeks To His Wedding (Photos) / Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Corto: 10:30pm On Oct 06, 2022
Gabless:
I am 28 years old, a graduate of one of the university in South West. I work as a contract staff in a bank.

I met this guy about a year ago through my best female friend, and the journey started. I took him to my parents and he also took me to his parents too, and the wedding preparation started.

We were suppose to do family introduction but my parents says there is no need considering some logistic reasons. Although my mum has her reservation concerning him. But since my father has no objection I think am good to go.

He has sent money for some preparation since he is not residing in Lagos. The problem started after I went to idumota with my aunt to buy our engagement clothes. It was my aunt that drove me to the market. When we returned, my fiance called me, we talked for some times, but he couldn't appreciate my aunt for her kind gesture. Although my aunt didn't say anything that day but she wasn't happy. My dad also complained that he has been rude to him. The same goes with my mum.

The last straw that broke the Carmels back was when he was arguing with my aunt over the phone. He did not know I was in my aunt's house that particular day. I wasn't happy at all, thinking that if he would not regard my parents how would he treat me after marriage.

So I confronted him the second day over the phone, telling him that I'm not happy about the way my parents where complaining about him, and that attitude of him is creating fear in me. Instead for him to be a little remoseful and even call those people and apologize, he was arguing with me, still in my aunt's house.

So I told him, maybe we should put the preparation on hold thinking he would at least try and apologize to them. He just said, is that what you want and ended the call.

Everyone was surprised. He didn't call back it was his mum that called my mum, she didn't even persuade them to stop me from taking such step, and the guy too didn't call me for like too weeks until when I called him and he said he wasn't interested in the marriage again.

Actually, I wasn't happy and I have been downcasted since then, but on the other hand, May l ask this question does this guy really loves me?. Is he really mature enough for marriage. Is it all my fault? Please don't insult or abuse me. I just want to know if it's all my fault.

What the hell is wrong with you

Dude kicked your desperate ass to the curb and you rush here to ask us whether he really loves you

Girl, get a fucking grip

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by AfroKnight: 10:30pm On Oct 06, 2022
So it never even crossed your mind that maybe your family people were rude to the guy? After spending money and planning for weeks, do you think it’s easy for a man to walk away. You broke up with him by asking for things to be placed on hold and you refused to make amends for 2 whole weeks! You didn’t even try to reason with him as regards the argument he had with your people. And your people didn’t even ask you to reach out to the person you offended?

It’s good that he has moved on. You too should move on. Stop being an entitled woman. Learn to apologise when you say things out of anger.

It is frustrating to have a wife who never apologises for her outbursts.

Na wa for you. You stopped the preparation and you expected him to call you? Call you for what? To beg you? Lol. You better beg him.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Unitedabby(m): 10:32pm On Oct 06, 2022
portplus:

I agree with you!
I disagree! She dodged a canonball! grin grin
Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Omj4419(m): 10:32pm On Oct 06, 2022
I wish the guy can explain to us his own side of the story, like my mum will always say "oku na adi nma iwu na iwu"(talk dey sweet face to face with ur other partner)

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Tradepunter2: 10:33pm On Oct 06, 2022
Abeg girl forget the relationship.... Move on with your life oolkk....
Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Raj10(m): 10:33pm On Oct 06, 2022
Gabless:
I am 28 years old, a graduate of one of the university in South West. I work as a contract staff in a bank.

I met this guy about a year ago through my best female friend, and the journey started. I took him to my parents and he also took me to his parents too, and the wedding preparation started.

We were suppose to do family introduction but my parents says there is no need considering some logistic reasons. Although my mum has her reservation concerning him. But since my father has no objection I think am good to go.

He has sent money for some preparation since he is not residing in Lagos. The problem started after I went to idumota with my aunt to buy our engagement clothes. It was my aunt that drove me to the market. When we returned, my fiance called me, we talked for some times, but he couldn't appreciate my aunt for her kind gesture. Although my aunt didn't say anything that day but she wasn't happy. My dad also complained that he has been rude to him. The same goes with my mum.

The last straw that broke the Carmels back was when he was arguing with my aunt over the phone. He did not know I was in my aunt's house that particular day. I wasn't happy at all, thinking that if he would not regard my parents how would he treat me after marriage.

So I confronted him the second day over the phone, telling him that I'm not happy about the way my parents where complaining about him, and that attitude of him is creating fear in me. Instead for him to be a little remoseful and even call those people and apologize, he was arguing with me, still in my aunt's house.

So I told him, maybe we should put the preparation on hold thinking he would at least try and apologize to them. He just said, is that what you want and ended the call.

Everyone was surprised. He didn't call back it was his mum that called my mum, she didn't even persuade them to stop me from taking such step, and the guy too didn't call me for like too weeks until when I called him and he said he wasn't interested in the marriage again.

Actually, I wasn't happy and I have been downcasted since then, but on the other hand, May l ask this question does this guy really loves me?. Is he really mature enough for marriage. Is it all my fault? Please don't insult or abuse me. I just want to know if it's all my fault.
A fail relationship is beter dan a fail marriage that is y u need to pray n fast b4 u even introduce him to ur parent.
Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Unitedabby(m): 10:34pm On Oct 06, 2022
DukeNija:

Utter gibberish! I kept seeing my aunt, my mom, my dad, my neighbor Jesus Christ! Are they all in this relationship with you?
He made the right decision to walk away because it’s obvious he’ll have to deal with more than an indecisive and emotionally dependent wife. Aunt wants him to thank her for taking you, her own niece to the market to buy wedding items? Really? You should thank your aunt not him!
I congratulate the young man for saving himself from an entitled and overly intrusive family.
What a perspective man!! lmao

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by ipobarethieves: 10:35pm On Oct 06, 2022
sad With all the telltale signs, u still dey ask if he LOVES U sad sad? Wait there till he use hammer comot ur teeth.RUN angry
Gabless:

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Blakjewelry(m): 10:36pm On Oct 06, 2022
Gabless:

LOL you are damn lucky, thank your stars. Someone better will eventually come around.
Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by DWJOBScom(m): 10:36pm On Oct 06, 2022
mariahAngel:
You dodged a bullet dear.
Be thankful.

A big bullet o
Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by SILVERLINES: 10:37pm On Oct 06, 2022
Gabless:

though some guys are so proud of themselves, boastful, but then we love to read the guy own side of the story.
Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by sanya4good(m): 10:37pm On Oct 06, 2022
If guy can not respect his fiancée/spouse's family members while dating he will not respect their daughter when they are married.
Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by GboyegaD(m): 10:37pm On Oct 06, 2022
noble2faith:

You are a fool! I believe you have a sister. Pray that your sister should end up with a man that will not regard your family. You this alpha fool (alpha male) and redfooler (redpiller) have used what ought have been your commonsense to hate the female gender.

You don't know me and you came spitting everywhere and described what you are. I am not the source of your frustration and by the way, you have been noticed.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:37pm On Oct 06, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

You rang him back after two weeks undecided for two weeks... good two weeks he didn't call. His mum didn't call.. His siblings didn't call undecided

You had to ring him.. so if he had agreed on pushing through with the wedding you would have said yes undecided

Iswear dawadawa expensive pass you (pissed)

You should be jubilating... get heaven dust, four cans of budweiser, a pack of dunhil and if you can afford captain Morgan... make yourself happy.. heaven just saved/liberated you from a curse

trash

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by grandstar(m): 10:37pm On Oct 06, 2022
Gabless
My grandfather who was a local cocoa beans farmer would say "You dodged a bullet there!".

That kind of man would lord it over you and you'll be extremely miserable. You'll be forever be walking on eggshells. That kind of man is never wrong and he will have no friends as anyone who disagrees with him becomes an enemy- he distances himself from such a person.

He will completely pocket you. Aside that, your relations, from your 1 day old nephew to your papa must keep their distance. The man no send anybody!

"Don't throw pearls before swine*, Jesus said. He who thinks he is something when he is nothing is deceiving only himself.
Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by noble2faith(m): 10:38pm On Oct 06, 2022
GboyegaD:

You don't know me and you came spitting everywhere and described what you are. I am not the source of your frustration and by the way, you have been noticed.

Pray that your sister should end up with a man that will not regard you and your family, period!
Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by EagleNest(m): 10:39pm On Oct 06, 2022
GboyegaD:
You are the one I should ask if you are ready for marriage. I wonder how you allowed people get into your head. You said he argued with your aunt, and you were pained. Should he keep quiet if he's not okay with whatever the cause of the argument was because he wants a marriage?

I don't even understand how your aunt was pissed that he didn't call to thank her for taking you to the market to buy the engagement clothes. Was he the one who suggested you approach your aunt to help you? If he is not, then he doesn't owe her that obligation. If he chooses to say thank you, so be it and if he doesn't, no big deal.

Lastly, your parent's (mom in particular) reservation indirectly beclouded your thought and you suggesting you put the wedding on hold gave him the opportunity to think through the entire thing. Perhaps, you guys were going on a fast lane and that statement made him think and also, have conversation with his folks who might have felt with this much troubles from external influences before the wedding, he should just save his head.

Like the Yorubas will say, "Oju to ma ba ni kale, kin ti a ti owuro se pin" implying, whatever would last long doesn't stress you from inception. You both are lucky in your ways and you both should see it as each party is right with his/her decision.

I just needed to add this, in your next relationship (whether he comes back or a new relationship), remember you both are the prize and treat each other that way. If he doesn't treat you like a prize or you can't treat him as one, please, be quick to move. Don't be carried away by the people of the world who have no place in your home. Imagine some telling you to do thanksgiving when you were the one who put the wedding on hold should tell you they are like dance instructors who teaches you to dance but will never borrow you their legs to do the dance.

If what the lady narrated is correct then the guy is very rude and immature to venture into marriage. He probably thought marriage is done in isolation of families, no, unless the family are messed up family.

You have to play the politics until you go home with your priced possession (your wife or husband) then after, both of you will establish your own family boundary. Quarrelling with families from onset is not good.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by EminentKing: 10:39pm On Oct 06, 2022
That's better than being caged in marriage after the ceremonies.
Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by babyfaceafrica: 10:40pm On Oct 06, 2022
One sided story!
Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Honourablebruno: 10:40pm On Oct 06, 2022
DaddyFreeze2020:
You should be thanking God that his character was exposed to you.

Na backhand slaps you for dey receive for your marriage.

DaddyFreeze2020:

DaddyFreeze2020:

grin
DaddyFreeze2020:

DaddyFreeze2020:

DaddyFreeze2020:

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 06, 2022
Gabless:

the guys is nairaland redpiller grin
Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Myablew: 10:41pm On Oct 06, 2022
Gabless:

.. Japa. His house doesn't belong to you. So u won't blaim urself later. You think you are not at fault?
Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by Exceed15: 10:41pm On Oct 06, 2022
mariahAngel:
You dodged a bullet dear.
Be thankful.

No the guy did. He sensed he would be controlled.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by GboyegaD(m): 10:42pm On Oct 06, 2022
EagleNest:

If what the lady narrated is correct then the guy is very rude and immature to venture into marriage. He probably thought marriage is done in isolation of families, no, unless the family are messed up family.

You have to play the politics until you go home with your priced possession (your wife or husband) then after, both of you will establish your own family boundary. Quarrelling with families from onset is not good.

I would rather say to each his own. There's no need pretending and if you read her post well, it is obvious hers is an intrusive family and they labeling him as rude is expected because he isn't giving in.

She should grow up to learn marriage relationships is about the duo getting married.

11 Likes

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by doneback04: 10:42pm On Oct 06, 2022
Nairaland is one of the place never to bring topic for advice, because you would get confused with the answers grin

Me self after reading other response am confused myself with the matter

3 Likes

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by DanielPat01: 10:43pm On Oct 06, 2022
Gabless:

Had it been you mistakenly married that guy, you for dey chop breakfast (Hot slap) on a steady. Dude has temperament issue. Aside that he lacks respect and obviously ignorant of whom to regard and hold in high esteem. The red flag is so glaring that you need to desist at all cost even if he returns.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by rinzylee(m): 10:43pm On Oct 06, 2022
Gabless:

I met this guy about

Babe run!!!!!!.....I am a guy but run away and fast. He will beat you one day and insult your parents.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by jeromestarks: 10:43pm On Oct 06, 2022
Gabless:

You didn't know this before you agreed to marry him?

Well, I think the guy is a real man who doesn't want a vag to boss him around. You're already 28 for crying out LOUD!

Do you know what I have learnt in life? NEVER JUDGE AN ISSUE based on ONE PERSON'S NARRATION!

I need to hear the guy's side before I can answer those questions.

But as for you, I think you should go and beg him. Kneel down and beg him because he's your best shot!
I don't think any man will treat you with respect and love at this your age.

Honey, your time is passed.

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by cooljude(m): 10:43pm On Oct 06, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Something out of the ordinary caused a person to behave rudely to his partner's relatives and have no intentions of apologizing for his behavior. undecided

So, every time a person misbehaves, it is village people to blame abi wetin? undecided

I will love to hear the guys perspective and I am certain that her family had a hand in his reaction. Her story no gel

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by forerunner022(m): 10:44pm On Oct 06, 2022
[quote author=Unitedabby post=117335819][/quote] I know Candidlady will have something nonsensical to say about this.
Re: My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day by ArcFresky(m): 10:44pm On Oct 06, 2022
Gabless:

Dearest OP
You dodged a bullet
Don’t ever go back.
You might be tempted, but dont ever go back:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Blessing Okoro: A Lot Of Married Women Are Sex Starved - Relationship Expert / When A Wife Returns After Separation / A Week After We Got Married.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.