Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing (36338 Views)

25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad / My Dad Still Treats Me Like A Kid Despite My Age / Family Members Took Pictures With Standing Dead Man (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Dericinn: 1:37pm On Oct 07, 2022
Waynesteave:
Like you read up there, I don't actually know my age, but I can remember some event way back,
I lost my mum and dad so early and I grew up with grandma.

I remember my uncle coming to take me back to lag, in year 2000 precisely and I remember very well when that bomb blast at Ikeja cantoment happened for days in Lagos.

Now key important things to know is, when my uncle came to take me back to lag it was during third term holidays and I was on my way to primary 2 then but when I got to lag he enrroll me to private school and I was taken back to nursery 3 because baba (me) no Sabi even speak English as at then, and I still remember that very moment very well.

So like how many years of age do you guys think I might be then cuz all the memories are still fresh in my brain so for me to still remember everything then, I am thinking maybe i was 7 or 9 then. I'm so confuse.

Bro you are either 28 or 29. 29 I think ....
If you were to be enrolled into primary 2 in the year 2000 then you should be either 6 or 7 ... do the remaining maths

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Templee333(m): 1:37pm On Oct 07, 2022
Reasonwithme2:
If the primary school you attended before your uncle took you out is still functioning. Go there.. they should check your results and probably your registration... You will find the answers u seek
his headmaster & all his teachers must have died years ago.
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Kentucky404: 1:37pm On Oct 07, 2022
MITCHELL96:

It's not only about paragraphs, leave huge spaces, see example below:

Hskshskensjsbshsbsnsbsbsnsbsbshsnsnsnsnssbsj
Bsjsjsbsnsbsjsbsheyejehejehenshenehenehhsj
Bsjsbskehskshskshkewjwjsksjwbensbsnsnshs

Hjshsjshsjsjsksbwkwhwkjwjsjwhehssnss
Bsnsjsnsnsmsjwnsjejejemejekebeksbej
Hsjshsjenayeoeuenej
Bnhjsjs

Bskshsjejsjsjsbkwjwjw
Bbsjshwkehusosbbskejdn

Bskshwkejkenwieheiejehebs

Jwsjejenenemejekebsjsns
Bsmsmsmsjejsnwjsnsuejheiejekeiejehshsnsjsksne
Bsjshsjehsjshehehehenenene

Hejehekejemeiejehiejshsnsbsn
Nsnsnsnsjsnshwkheiwjehsjsbsmzb
Bsnsbsnsnsns

Do you understand what I mean now?

Understand what?

Yo Man! you are just creating an excuse for your stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Sirchiboy: 1:37pm On Oct 07, 2022
Waynesteave:
Like you read up there, I don't actually know my age, but I can remember some event way back,

I remember my uncle coming to take me back to lag, in year 2000 precisely and I remember very well when that bomb blast at Ikeja cantoment happened for days in Lagos.

Now key important things to know is, when my uncle came to take me back to lag it was during third term holidays and I was on my way to primary 2 then but when I got to lag he enrroll me to private school and I was taken back to nursery 3 because baba (me) no Sabi even speak English as at then, and I still remember that very moment very well.

So like how many years of age do you guys think I might be then cuz all the memories are still fresh in my brain so for me to still remember everything then, I am thinking maybe i was 7 or 9 then. I'm so confuse.
At what age did you finish your primary school
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Stanislause94: 1:38pm On Oct 07, 2022
Medianna:

Around 2004, many people in primary 5 should be 11, 12 of age. And don't forget he was taken back to nur 3 instead of pri 2 or 3
so what are you insinuating?
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Eriokanmi: 1:38pm On Oct 07, 2022
MITCHELL96:
This is weird, it's a shame for a parent not to know their child's birthday, I hear most people saying this particular thing.

Your parent are responsible for this, ask them. undecided
Did you read the post at all?

OP jare, you could be 6 or 7 years old in pry2. Usually in most villages, you'd not be enrolled into any public primary school unless you're 6 years old. But if you're much more mature in stature, you could be enrolled at age 5. As you left the village in pry 2, I'm thinking you'd either be 6 or 7 years old that time. Do your calculation and pick any preferred year,month or date as your birthday.

That said, no be everyone qey dey village sabi their real age , talkless of noting down their birthdays. The OP said he couldn't speak English so he was demoted to nursery 2. This suggests to me that his parents weren't also educated hence, the birth date wahala.

Nothing do you jare Waynesteave. Just pick a date like baba iyabo did as your birthday. Cheers
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by frozen70(f): 1:38pm On Oct 07, 2022
Waynesteave:

Have you done WAEC, if yes take that age in your WAEC as your age to avoid nonsense in your future data

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Nigerfine3: 1:38pm On Oct 07, 2022
Op, we all do not choose what fate grants us, we do not know what the world gave us. I was born in the village, my dad and later mum both died, my senior brother took me to town, I was registered in pry school by my bro . He registered me with different month and year of birth , I assumed that age all my life till I visited village after secondary school.
When I got to village, it was a treasure looking at my Mum’s box, it still had my birth certificate. I discovered my real date of birth and year of birth. Till date my school mates think I’m the age I had , while outside school mates, my wife and kids celebrate my real age.
I was two years older than the average class mate age, you know I started school in village then. My size never show I was older, I got to really program my thought not to think age, but happy at discovery of my real date of birth.
Try and go to your primary school or secondary and use whatever they have for you. If your mum has anything left with older family member you might find more joy in searching through her things. Above all be happy, do not think you can’t go far, I am a father to so many I didn’t born, I am far above most of my class mates in many positive indices of growth. You can go places! Good luck

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by RZArecta(m): 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2022
MITCHELL96:
This is weird, it's a shame for a parent not to know their child's birthday, I hear most people saying this particular thing.

comprehension is a very serious problem in Nigeria nowadays. You read where he wrote about losing his parents at a very young age

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Nelsonadindu(m): 1:40pm On Oct 07, 2022
Seems like you are one of the originals
Waynesteave:
my uncle is dead, he died in 2004 on my arms.
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by alloy123: 1:40pm On Oct 07, 2022
Ask your uncle that brought you to lag or when you travel home. Mingle with you mate who are still in the village, through their age you can assumed your age or you ask elderly people in your village if you were born in the village. Some will still remember when you were born especially your mates parents or elder brothers or sisters. Sorry for the demise of your parents.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by olaarie(m): 1:41pm On Oct 07, 2022
He is a typical bia-fraud �

Your own na to comment without reading first.. [/quote]
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Damian10(m): 1:41pm On Oct 07, 2022
If you have any childhood friend... i think that solves it all
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Lvgirl: 1:41pm On Oct 07, 2022
Waynesteave:

If only I can see the pictures of Ur cum sac. I can guess Ur age correctly.
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Waynesteave: 1:41pm On Oct 07, 2022
wealthpreach:

Perform an ECG it will tell how many years your heart has functioned.
what is that, sorry to ask.
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Waynesteave: 1:43pm On Oct 07, 2022
Sirchiboy:
At what age did you finish your primary school
I don't know cry
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by claudiofaceoff: 1:43pm On Oct 07, 2022
MEGA4BILLION:
Guy forget about that age stuff,
just count you were 10 years old when you acquire your First School Leaving Certificate. You will thank me later.

This is a good way to go about it without unnecessary stress. God bless you bro.
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Ganjafama(m): 1:43pm On Oct 07, 2022
Gofwane:
This is not funny but I find it funny grin
It's funny bro. 80% of kids between the ages of 4 to 6 that I have asked their ages gave me an accurate response. They know that a Christmas celebration means another year being added to their age. How come he can't guess or estimate his age?
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by chinchum(m): 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2022
Waynesteave:

bomb blast happened Jan. 27 2002. That is basic and you can find it on the internet. That is 20 years ago.
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by wealthpreach(m): 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2022
Waynesteave:
what is that, sorry to ask.

Electrocardiography is the process of producing an electrocardiogram, a recording of the heart's electrical activity. It is an electrogram of the heart which is a graph of voltage versus time of the electrical activity of the heart using electrodes.

Very accurate. Cost around 6k

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Akuruoulo(m): 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2022
Waynesteave:

27 or 28
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by VIKTO83(m): 1:45pm On Oct 07, 2022
I have 2 solutions.
1. Go to your village. I'm sure there are other people in your compound. I'm sure they knew when u were born. I'm sure you have mates. U may not be able to get the exact date but I'm sure u will figure out d year and then u connect d dots.

2. Create year, month and day for urself. Get affidavits and u and most of our politicians becomes same. In fact u will be worse because u will have opportunity to change the affidavits at will whenever u want to alter ur employment and political records.

But in all I'm sure we go catch u when u start hobbling around d corridors of court clerk.
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by observanc1: 1:45pm On Oct 07, 2022
Waynesteave:

ikeja bomb blast was in 2002. If u were in primary 3 in the village then, u were probably 9 years then.
So were possibly born in 1993.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Solitechworld(m): 1:45pm On Oct 07, 2022
You mean you dont know tour age?
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Akuruoulo(m): 1:45pm On Oct 07, 2022
MITCHELL96:

Read her commenting
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by observanc1: 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2022
Waynesteave:
nahhh, that will be I'm 27 yrs nop I am way past 27
you should be 29 now.
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Shadysen: 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2022
Dunkjames5:
op what are you talking about?
I look 23 but am just 21.
i look 23 but i am 30yrs getting to 31.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Mamijoh(f): 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2022
MITCHELL96:

Didn't read what he wrote well?? He said that "he lost his both parents at the tender age. Read well before you comment

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by everythinggirly(f): 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2022
Some parents sha, I remember when i was 16, my dad will say, you are 29 years old, and I asked him how, he said he needs to fast forward my age so people will respect me in the society, I was like haba!

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by brunobaba(m): 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2022
MITCHELL96:

''I lost my mum and dad so early and I grew up with grandma.''
Did you read his write-up at all
Wuru wuru to the answer.
Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Babastrong(m): 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2022
[quote author=MITCHELL96 post=117341037]This is weird, it's a shame for a parent not to know their child's birthday, I hear most people saying this particular thing.

Your parent are responsible for this, ask them. undecided[ stop saying rubbish. I was born in village and in 1980's where and awhen it's difficult to record or keep our dates of birth. I saw my own in the middle of my brother's agric text book where he wrote my full name and the day i was born. If not my brother's record, I wouldn't know my own. In my own case, will you blame my parents. Mind you,]

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing by Zetty177x: 1:49pm On Oct 07, 2022
MITCHELL96:

First to comment without reading and comprehending. Your parents are responsible for not taking u to a good school. Tell them to collect ur fees from ur primary school

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have / Boy Goes Over To Neighbour's House To Pick His Female Friend For School Everyday / What Weird Experience Have You Had With A Pregnant Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.