Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,200 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 (53621 Views)

Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles / Hoodlums Carrying Axes Attack A Bus In Mile 12, Lagos (Photos) / Tochi Nwawuba: 'SARS Arresting Me For Keeping Beard' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by 1x2x3: 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2022
chudez0147:
DamnNigga
Rubbish. Not when they out number you. And he even have a girl with him.

I don't even believe the story

A soldier will likely be with a gun, those are touts with basically scare tactics. Do you understand how ghettos work? If a tout steals from you in a particular area and problem arises, that tout knows he will be fished out but their main leader. They hate drawing that military attention that will implicate all of them.
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Uchesis: 3:19pm On Oct 07, 2022
Anonymoususher:

I expected a response like that but that is my wife to be, introduction has been done na marriage remain.

So beyond nyash, na my wife nyash be that
Bros you don do introduction yet your woman no gree sleep for your house even for a night. Is she Deeperlife or Jehovah witness?
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by teedoxman89(m): 3:20pm On Oct 07, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Some Nigerians shaaa
You self see say the guy comment no tally with the write up abi…
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by AndroidAI(m): 3:24pm On Oct 07, 2022
phemmyfour:
Just count yourself lucky..no be by clean shave.
Just one bullet, n you are down. Going forward, no dey follow dem drag again

Best advice!
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by philipobiz: 3:26pm On Oct 07, 2022
Freestainworld:
Those thieves are on nairaland now reading your antics, you are doing well.
Yes. But next time they will not back down thinking that the person is not a soldier, before they know it they get shot.

Man you need balls to pull such a stunt.
Mine was different. I followed the Dano truck carrying my family's property to Benin. The truck broke down close to a deserted flowermill company after Auchi. I was wearing a black fitting t-shirt
and a dack trouser. Clean-shaven and smart looking.
We came down and the driver was checking what was wrong. Suddenly about four guys started working toward us. They could not talk to me as they were passing by me to meet the driver. They asked the driver what he was carrying, he pointed at me that I was the owner of the load. One started comming back to me, I sensed danger. I immediately brought out my phone as if I was placing a call to my so called army collegues that we are stuck around the flowermill, how close are they behind us. He started saying something, working back to the driver and told his guys that they should go and threatening the driver that they know him o. He will pass this road again.
The driver got the truck fixed and we drove off.
Man, within me I was scared but didn't show it.
I never knew how notorious that spot was until I got to Benin and narrated our experience.
Some of you guys that are familiar with that area will know.

1 Like

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 07, 2022
Anonymoususher:
My people I greet una

I almost got robbed at mile 2 bridge on Sunday.

My fiancee came to spend the weekend with me so on Sunday we decided to go out and have some fun. Our plan na say from the eatry she go from there dey go house but she forgot her office key at my place so instead of going home we decided to go back to my place first to pick the keys because she needed it the next day at work.

Na so we take go back house ooo before we know 8pm Don clock. Babe didn't want to sleep over, I couldnt drive because mile 2 is always blocked cos of traffic. Most uber drivers don't even like going there so we had to enter danfo.

Bus dropped us at mile 2 Festac side and we needed to walk up a little so she could get a bus or bike heading towards Wilmer.

It was already 9pm and some guys started approaching us. I saw them and quickly changed my steps, my babe didn't know what was happening, I just asked her to give me her phones. She gave them to me, I placed the big one inside my pocket.

The guys approached n surrounded us and were like bring your phone, my babe was scared but I refused to stop walking.

One raised hands and wanted to hit me while another one wanted to drag my girl's bag.

I just said, if them born una well make una hand touch me, be like una want make this Mile 2 and lagos hot for una. Una wan touch soldier, una die well.

Immediately I pretended like I was making call "I said Nasiru, stand at alert, mile 2 on top bridge second lane"

After pretending to make the calls, I stretched the phone towards them and said if they have mind they should take the phone from me... All these while I was walking and talking.

The guys just said awuuaahhh, no vex abeg just find us something. I said una dey mad, instead of to beg for money una wan use force or threaten, I no dey give una again. One by one they just left the scene.

My babe was already cold, we quietly crossed to the other busy lane, entered a bus and started laughing.

What happened was surprising. I didn't know the guts that came to me.

Normal, I don't keep beards (clean shave) and the way I walk most people mistake me for a military guy cos of my height and mode of walking. Coincidentally I was putting on a black top with a black face cap. So seeing a young guy with clean shave they just felt I was a military guy and decided to avoid me.

Thank God for protection sha
Thank God for your life. The guts like that of my fiancé.
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Ten06(m): 3:30pm On Oct 07, 2022
And This the lagos they are using to hype Tinubu
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Slmgirldippussy: 3:30pm On Oct 07, 2022
broadman20:

That's Nnamdi Kanu wey go destroy your family put?

Only God knows how e dey pushy you for sleep that evrytime na to dey call Nnamdi Kanu! Nnamdi Kanu!!

My family are doing fine. Dad is late
Mum lives in the UK with my elder sister.
I run family biz
. My brother work in a cargo company

Now ur own...you know it urself
Look around you. Look at your father. What can you say ? Monumental failure.
Look at your mom. Retired ashawo.
You know it sisters are not working yet they are using Iphon13. Them do olosho.(hookup) yet your mom borrow money from them .
Its well
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by viodemus: 3:35pm On Oct 07, 2022
Nice 1. You still fit claim dss and even sambisa returnee with beards. Not a good habit, but in this kyn your scenario e for fly.

I remember some couple of years ago for off campus where I been dey stay, for my year 3, my spot na one of d spot wey people dey like gada. One of my big dawg wey dun graduate been cun spend some days there, and dat my big dawg been dey do some construction drywall project, so funny enough he been dey educate us about some electronics and drywall projects wey him been dey do for ozubulu, Anambra. Na im I ask am weda the drywall remain, he say yes, I cun arrange say make my cousin wey I been talk to some days before, my cousin been dun word me say him dey go Anambra from ph where him base, him been dey go drop pickup truck for feggie -Onitsha, I cun convince my cousin make he help me go package those drywall from my big dawg place - after my big dawg approval.

Long story short, he package the thing come Benin where I been dey school, but at the time we been no really know how to work with drywall, my big dawg promise to teach us better but him gatz go Sweden for business. So as time dey pass, i just lay that drywall for wall side with some drop cloth and other things wey I been get, you know like out of the way.

One night, my guys dun come make noise for my side like normal, after babe wey I been dey see dun clear, dat babe get this big teddy bear wey she leave for my house, I dun dey tell am say make she come carry the thing comot for my crib before I go throw am away but she go always say next time and dat kyn yarn. But this night, she leave am for my bed, dress bed, some of my guys start to show more and more, so she decide to clear, we plan meet up later. Anyways, my guys been dey yarn say make we go somewhere, e get as body do me that day, so I decide say I go dey crib, some of my crews been wan stay behind but I kinda hint dem say I just wan dey by myself, make dem go say I dey fine.

like 3hrs or so after dem leave, you know, area dun quiet small, na him I turn my gen off, enter room, I cun dey hear small small foot steps from different sides of the crib, I use style peep outside, I see enough people wey be like say dem dey circle my crib, my heart just dey pound fast, I just dey wonder say na so I use clear be dis, but I gat think fast, I throw phone ontop bed, go hide behind d drywall, e just be like say I time am, because I never even hide finish wey I still dey check weda i expose myself for my hiding spot, na im dem burst in, begin dey flash light, begin dey use axe ontop my bed, e be like say dem burst my red wine bottle and other things wey dey floor, in the process sef, d dry wall fall ontop me, dem no even reach like 2 mins, after the axing, machete, and blasting, dem just dey shout aiye, dem clear. I still maintain there dey thank God but still dey wonder maybe dem still dey around.

Na when I hear this older woman wey dey live near by, been dey cry for near my door side, and small small people dun dey come around the crib, but dem dey fear enter eventhough say d door dun break down, people just dey peep dey shout, say him dey there, see blood, etc. I just gada momentum comot from back, for their mind I comot from wall. see race, by this time, people dun call my guys, the whole street dun get people outside, see race. Him comot from wall, this and that.

The next two days, I go near where I know say aiyes dem dey hang out, the people wey never comot area, see me just dey run. no be small thing. Na so all men, friends and foes dey think say na jazz. When I go esut after my uniben expulsion, the news reach there, when I go uniport after I comot esut, few people wey know just dey loud the mata. Before I comot uniben, all the aiyes just dey fear me like mad. I just dey form mr disappear and appear. I fit go anywhere by myself. if I run into like 6 aiyes or other people then, na so dem go dey give me my way. Aiyes dem dey pay for me for mama put wey I no even ask them. Crazy times.

op, Sorry for the long convo, e just remind of perception. One of my many experiences, I spend 7 years for campuses. or should I say I wasted 7 years. Those times sha get good moments. Am happy for your safety @ op. take care.
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Ayodeoba: 3:38pm On Oct 07, 2022
Anonymoususher:
My people I greet una

My fiancee came to spend the weekend with me so on Sunday we decided to go out and have some fun. Our plan na say from the eatry she go from there dey go house but she forgot her office key at my place so instead of going home we decided to go back to my place first to pick the keys because she needed it the next day at work.

Na so we take go back house ooo before we know 8pm Don clock. Babe didn't want to sleep over, I couldnt drive because mile 2 is always blocked cos of traffic. Most uber drivers don't even like going there so we had to enter danfo.

Bus dropped us at mile 2 Festac side and we needed to walk up a little so she could get a bus or bike heading towards Wilmer.

It was already 9pm and some guys started approaching us. I saw them and quickly changed my steps, my babe didn't know what was happening, I just asked her to give me her phones. She gave them to me, I placed the big one inside my pocket.

The guys approached n surrounded us and were like bring your phone, my babe was scared but I refused to stop walking.

One raised hands and wanted to hit me while another one wanted to drag my girl's bag.

I just said, if them born una well make una hand touch me, be like una want make this Mile 2 and lagos hot for una. Una wan touch soldier, una die well.

Immediately I pretended like I was making call "I said Nasiru, stand at alert, mile 2 on top bridge second lane"

After pretending to make the calls, I stretched the phone towards them and said if they have mind they should take the phone from me... All these while I was walking and talking.

The guys just said awuuaahhh, no vex abeg just find us something. I said una dey mad, instead of to beg for money una wan use force or threaten, I no dey give una again. One by one they just left the scene.

My babe was already cold, we quietly crossed to the other busy lane, entered a bus and started laughing.

Normal, I don't keep beards (clean shave) and the way I walk most people mistake me for a military guy cos of my height and mode of walking. Coincidentally I was putting on a black top with a black face cap. So seeing a young guy with clean shave they just felt I was a military guy and decided to avoid me.

next time op,if you walking lonely at night most especially lagos,on your phone torchlight,put your finger on the touch,it will look like cigarettes or india hemps,walk like a tout looking for where to rest your head,I swear they will just be eyeing you from far. None of them will dare you
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by 8stargeneral: 3:43pm On Oct 07, 2022
U just get luck man...don't try this next time to avoid d story that touch
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by JOemmy(m): 3:47pm On Oct 07, 2022
You are really lucky you didn't meet harden criminals a lot of people here in warri have lost their lives because of ordinary phones.
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Emmariks(m): 3:47pm On Oct 07, 2022
Vyzz:
cheesy

She Don dey laugh because u Don chase robbers away na...

Stay for house night Don reach she no go gree hear. Women it's like Una ears are meant for fancy.

Anyways, I will still keep my beards. Dem no go see me..

Even if dey see me, na dem go run
Soldiers sef de keep beards. I know them plenty. Normally if your ododo reach you fit chase any body whether you get beards or you shave am to resemble soldier.
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by DaddyGngeess(m): 3:49pm On Oct 07, 2022
Alot of times this method has helped me, my own na mopol I dey claim at all time because I dey gym well well so muscle full everywhere, nice one from you there
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Jungleluv5: 3:59pm On Oct 07, 2022
And you just sold yourself out next time you will not be lucky
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Yankee101: 4:02pm On Oct 07, 2022
Ahuah my guy
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Stanleyq: 4:08pm On Oct 07, 2022
Pells:

I was one of the thieves yesterday at mile 2 My mind tell me say you no be soldier but my guys loose guard Damn u get lucky yesterday tongue undecided lipsrsealed
Send me Ur contact info
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by WantsandMore: 4:08pm On Oct 07, 2022
Anonymoususher:
My people I greet una

Alpha make protect their babes @ all cost, kudos , make your woman no dare leave you oh…cos you are a protector, I know some niggiz run leave their babe. Lmao ..but you take risk oh…imagine dem hold gun no come send you. As in dare your prank…lol…
Very mature but risky….
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Doren3: 4:31pm On Oct 07, 2022
Na to go comot my beards abi
Anonymoususher:
My people I greet una

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by faste: 4:35pm On Oct 07, 2022
Pells:

I was one of the thieves yesterday at mile 2 My mind tell me say you no be soldier but my guys loose guard Damn u get lucky yesterday tongue undecided lipsrsealed
Better delete this post.
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Mtschewwww: 4:43pm On Oct 07, 2022
Anonymoususher:
My people I greet una

Just thank God for his protection over your life. Those touts/criminals aren't armed with guns or any dangerous weapon. Secondly, they are still novice in the game of robbery. It might be their first or second operation in robbery.
If they have been successful in robbery operations like bag and phone snatching before now, and you challenge them, they would kill you and your wife to be.
Only a mad man challenges a man with a gun. Never you dare or challenge robbers when attacked except you are armed with a gun.
Those I know who tried similar thing you did to armed robbers never lived to see the next day. Just thank God for saving your life.
Criminals are enemies to soldiers especially when they are in operation. They shoot them straight on sighting them during robbery attacks
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by chrixtoimoh: 4:43pm On Oct 07, 2022
".......Na so we take go back house ooo before we know 8pm Don clock. Babe didn't want to sleep over"

See as 8 just knack like that for nothing

Babe no want sleep after first collection, 2nd collection and you still want collect over night haba you want kill someone's daughter
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by benqo01(m): 4:44pm On Oct 07, 2022
No be for Agege Lagos u go try that wan,one unknown slap go reset your brain
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by sheanzy(m): 4:45pm On Oct 07, 2022
viodemus:
Nice 1. You still fit claim dss and even sambisa returnee with beards. Not a good habit, but in this kyn your scenario e for fly.

I remember some couple of years ago for off campus where I been dey stay, for my year 3, my spot na one of d spot wey people dey like gada. One of my big dawg wey dun graduate been cun spend some days there, and dat my big dawg been dey do some construction drywall project, so funny enough he been dey educate us about some electronics and drywall projects wey him been dey do for ozubulu, Anambra. Na im I ask am weda the drywall remain, he say yes, I cun arrange say make my cousin wey I been talk to some days before, my cousin been dun word me say him dey go Anambra from ph where him base, him been dey go drop pickup truck for feggie -Onitsha, I cun convince my cousin make he help me go package those drywall from my big dawg place - after my big dawg approval.

Long story short, he package the thing come Benin where I been dey school, but at the time we been no really know how to work with drywall, my big dawg promise to teach us better but him gatz go Sweden for business. So as time dey pass, i just lay that drywall for wall side with some drop cloth and other things wey I been get, you know like out of the way.

One night, my guys dun come make noise for my side like normal, after babe wey I been dey see dun clear, dat babe get this big teddy bear wey she leave for my house, I dun dey tell am say make she come carry the thing comot for my crib before I go throw am away but she go always say next time and dat kyn yarn. But this night, she leave am for my bed, dress bed, some of my guys start to show more and more, so she decide to clear, we plan meet up later. Anyways, my guys been dey yarn say make we go somewhere, e get as body do me that day, so I decide say I go dey crib, some of my crews been wan stay behind but I kinda hint dem say I just wan dey by myself, make dem go say I dey fine.

like 3hrs or so after dem leave, you know, area dun quiet small, na him I turn my gen off, enter room, I cun dey hear small small foot steps from different sides of the crib, I use style peep outside, I see enough people wey be like say dem dey circle my crib, my heart just dey pound fast, I just dey wonder say na so I use clear be dis, but I gat think fast, I throw phone ontop bed, go hide behind d drywall, e just be like say I time am, because I never even hide finish wey I still dey check weda i expose myself for my hiding spot, na im dem burst in, begin dey flash light, begin dey use axe ontop my bed, e be like say dem burst my red wine bottle and other things wey dey floor, in the process sef, d dry wall fall ontop me, dem no even reach like 2 mins, after the axing, machete, and blasting, dem just dey shout aiye, dem clear. I still maintain there dey thank God but still dey wonder maybe dem still dey around.

Na when I hear this older woman wey dey live near by, been dey cry for near my door side, and small small people dun dey come around the crib, but dem dey fear enter eventhough say d door dun break down, people just dey peep dey shout, say him dey there, see blood, etc. I just gada momentum comot from back, for their mind I comot from wall. see race, by this time, people dun call my guys, the whole street dun get people outside, see race. Him comot from wall, this and that.

The next two days, I go near where I know say aiyes dem dey hang out, the people wey never comot area, see me just dey run. no be small thing. Na so all men, friends and foes dey think say na jazz. When I go esut after my uniben expulsion, the news reach there, when I go uniport after I comot esut, few people wey know just dey loud the mata. Before I comot uniben, all the aiyes just dey fear me like mad. I just dey form mr disappear and appear. I fit go anywhere by myself. if I run into like 6 aiyes or other people then, na so dem go dey give me my way. Aiyes dem dey pay for me for mama put wey I no even ask them. Crazy times.

op, Sorry for the long convo, e just remind of perception. One of my many experiences, I spend 7 years for campuses. or should I say I wasted 7 years. Those times sha get good moments. Am happy for your safety @ op. take care.
thunder fire ur mama for this long story
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by haslaw(m): 4:47pm On Oct 07, 2022
GODPUNISHALABI:
Go try am for anambra as u dey talk say u be soldeir .....dem go don decapitate ur head grin grin cheesy cheesy grin

That is why we would not vote Peter Obi
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by ObamaMessi: 4:48pm On Oct 07, 2022
Waynesteave:
Go nd listen to style by 2baba, dj jimmy jatt and the rest
Do u know u sound stupid?
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by yahmohy27: 4:49pm On Oct 07, 2022
Slynation:
Attention please...Do not try this prank in any South Eastern state, I repeat do not engage!!
Because them be real mad people
Werey gbaa!

1 Like

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by haslaw(m): 4:54pm On Oct 07, 2022
TruthIsBitter02:
Wow, so such things happens in Lagos... I thought they said somebody turned Lagos to London. Suffer no dey tire una??

Yet Una no fit enter Anambra to campaign.

Suffer no dey Yaya Una for Anambra?
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by holysaint1(m): 4:55pm On Oct 07, 2022
Anonymoususher:

Learners OR not, good thing is that I escaped that situation and learnt not to follow that part of mile 2 again at night

anything from 7:40 and above. its not advisable to walk lonely roads or path along that axis even if una be two or more persons.

Even car self dey collect when e red, let alone man weh dey leg the thing. Na God just save una.

1 Like

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Waynesteave: 5:02pm On Oct 07, 2022
cool
ObamaMessi:
Do u know u sound stupid?
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Emyben(m): 5:07pm On Oct 07, 2022
Same thing happened to me in same Mile 2!
That place is always dark until you trek up a bit where you can now board a vehicle.

As they don see fine yellow boy, They approached me and wanted to bully me. One was even easing his shirt to show me his belt or knife. I changed it for them ooo.
They left and one of them muttered ‘no be by that one o’

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ritual Killers Release Lady Five Days After Kidnap (photo) / Zimbabwean Baby Falls Into A Pit & Drowns While Mother Enjoys Sex With Boyfriend / Sambo Hammangabdo Attacked By Hired Assassins As He Kills One (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.