Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 (53641 Views)

Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles / Hoodlums Carrying Axes Attack A Bus In Mile 12, Lagos (Photos) / Tochi Nwawuba: 'SARS Arresting Me For Keeping Beard' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by dalass(f): 1:05pm On Oct 07, 2022
grin

Awon Team bearded Geng... Pity yourself and shave am o cheesy grin
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by CEOKmotors: 1:05pm On Oct 07, 2022
angry

Baba, just thank God you're still alive, some of those guys dey hold gun. Mile 2 mad for night o, get luck say no be d devilish ones u meet, dem for lite u eh.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by elmagnifico411(m): 1:08pm On Oct 07, 2022
This is the best post I've read in days. Smart one there, OP. Thank God for u.

2 Likes

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Eberex(m): 1:08pm On Oct 07, 2022
Same thing happened to me but not with any babe sha. This happened few years ago.

I crossed the express at oshodi isale instead of using the pedestrian bridge. I was having a bag pack on.

Na so one guy approached me and said "officer please use the bridge next time". I replied him saying "noted".

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by bigdammyj: 1:09pm On Oct 07, 2022
Noted.
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Konjiboii: 1:09pm On Oct 07, 2022
So people dey fvck on Sunday?
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by dalass(f): 1:11pm On Oct 07, 2022
FaceTanke:
Thank God say them no be Biafrans o

U for hear am

shocked

Abi o, na roast and chop Dem for do OP like Asun grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by AKWATGOLD1(m): 1:12pm On Oct 07, 2022
Nice one. Impersonation has left you out of traffic urchins.
Anonymoususher:
My people I greet una

I almost got robbed at mile 2 bridge on Sunday.

My fiancee came to spend the weekend with me so on Sunday we decided to go out and have some fun. Our plan na say from the eatry she go from there dey go house but she forgot her office key at my place so instead of going home we decided to go back to my place first to pick the keys because she needed it the next day at work.

Na so we take go back house ooo before we know 8pm Don clock. Babe didn't want to sleep over, I couldnt drive because mile 2 is always blocked cos of traffic. Most uber drivers don't even like going there so we had to enter danfo.

Bus dropped us at mile 2 Festac side and we needed to walk up a little so she could get a bus or bike heading towards Wilmer.

It was already 9pm and some guys started approaching us. I saw them and quickly changed my steps, my babe didn't know what was happening, I just asked her to give me her phones. She gave them to me, I placed the big one inside my pocket.

The guys approached n surrounded us and were like bring your phone, my babe was scared but I refused to stop walking.

One raised hands and wanted to hit me while another one wanted to drag my girl's bag.

I just said, if them born una well make una hand touch me, be like una want make this Mile 2 and lagos hot for una. Una wan touch soldier, una die well.

Immediately I pretended like I was making call "I said Nasiru, stand at alert, mile 2 on top bridge second lane"

After pretending to make the calls, I stretched the phone towards them and said if they have mind they should take the phone from me... All these while I was walking and talking.

The guys just said awuuaahhh, no vex abeg just find us something. I said una dey mad, instead of to beg for money una wan use force or threaten, I no dey give una again. One by one they just left the scene.

My babe was already cold, we quietly crossed to the other busy lane, entered a bus and started laughing.

What happened was surprising. I didn't know the guts that came to me.

Normal, I don't keep beards (clean shave) and the way I walk most people mistake me for a military guy cos of my height and mode of walking. Coincidentally I was putting on a black top with a black face cap. So seeing a young guy with clean shave they just felt I was a military guy and decided to avoid me.

Thank God for protection sha
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Ikem11(m): 1:12pm On Oct 07, 2022
Your picture with clean shave or I don't believe
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Benblaq(m): 1:13pm On Oct 07, 2022
Freestainworld:
Those thieves are on nairaland now reading your antics, you are doing well.
Na you be the one wey dey drag the fiancee bag
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by broadman20: 1:15pm On Oct 07, 2022
Slmgirldippussy:

Omo I had similar experience though I keep.beards.
They wanted to rob me. I mean the awa WA boys. I scream at them U won rob unknown soja. I pretend I was calling Nnamdi Kalu. They hurriedly left me.

That's Nnamdi Kanu wey go destroy your family put?

Only God knows how e dey pushy you for sleep that evrytime na to dey call Nnamdi Kanu! Nnamdi Kanu!!

1 Like

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by baretalk: 1:17pm On Oct 07, 2022
I like that.
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Card7: 1:17pm On Oct 07, 2022
Anonymoususher:

Learners OR not, good thing is that I escaped that situation and learnt not to follow that part of mile 2 again at night

Nice one
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by CaptainAyub: 1:17pm On Oct 07, 2022
TheMaharajah:
You meet learners or you dey exaggerate. Humans get a sixth sence of telling when things no fit wel If to say na serious robbers them for don slap the soldier comot for ya mouth.
For some,na that soldier wey he mention go worsen matter for am

6 Likes

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by ZUKKYY(m): 1:17pm On Oct 07, 2022
TtEee3E
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by nams77: 1:18pm On Oct 07, 2022
Anonymoususher:

I expected a response like that but that is my wife to be, introduction has been done na marriage remain.

So beyond nyash, na my wife nyash be that
You sef get time to dey answer grin
Well thank God sha
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Yoighaman(m): 1:19pm On Oct 07, 2022
Anonymoususher:
My people I greet una

My fiancee came to spend the weekend with me so on Sunday we decided to go out and have some fun. Our plan na say from the eatry she go from there dey go house but she forgot her office key at my place so instead of going home we decided to go back to my place first to pick the keys because she needed it the next day at work.

Na so we take go back house ooo before we know 8pm Don clock. Babe didn't want to sleep over, I couldnt drive because mile 2 is always blocked cos of traffic. Most uber drivers don't even like going there so we had to enter danfo.

Bus dropped us at mile 2 Festac side and we needed to walk up a little so she could get a bus or bike heading towards Wilmer.

It was already 9pm and some guys started approaching us. I saw them and quickly changed my steps, my babe didn't know what was happening, I just asked her to give me her phones. She gave them to me, I placed the big one inside my pocket.

The guys approached n surrounded us and were like bring your phone, my babe was scared but I refused to stop walking.

One raised hands and wanted to hit me while another one wanted to drag my girl's bag.

I just said, if them born una well make una hand touch me, be like una want make this Mile 2 and lagos hot for una. Una wan touch soldier, una die well.

Immediately I pretended like I was making call "I said Nasiru, stand at alert, mile 2 on top bridge second lane"

After pretending to make the calls, I stretched the phone towards them and said if they have mind they should take the phone from me... All these while I was walking and talking.

The guys just said awuuaahhh, no vex abeg just find us something. I said una dey mad, instead of to beg for money una wan use force or threaten, I no dey give una again. One by one they just left the scene.

My babe was already cold, we quietly crossed to the other busy lane, entered a bus and started laughing.

Normal, I don't keep beards (clean shave) and the way I walk most people mistake me for a military guy cos of my height and mode of walking. Coincidentally I was putting on a black top with a black face cap. So seeing a young guy with clean shave they just felt I was a military guy and decided to avoid me.

Nice one jare my brother, for this Lagos, you must get bold-face and liver, else, those Emilokan urchins go just dey ride you anyhow, werey them.

Next time, once it's getting dark, avoid that Mile 2 axis, go through Ago Palace Way instead.

Cheers bro.

8 Likes

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Ifakiland(m): 1:21pm On Oct 07, 2022
Anonymoususher:
My people I greet una

ODE.

1 Like

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Farid24224(m): 1:21pm On Oct 07, 2022
Almost got stabbed here in Kano...Na only God save my life that day.

1 Like

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Traplord09: 1:22pm On Oct 07, 2022
Y chioma too da fear
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by annayawchee: 1:22pm On Oct 07, 2022
Anonymoususher:
My people I greet una

You don cast the update..

2 Likes

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by aylive02(m): 1:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
Anonymoususher:
My people I greet una

. Guy God bless you. I love this
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by boom99(m): 1:24pm On Oct 07, 2022
Just last week for Oshodi, them waylaid me. Collect my phone withdrew all my money. I am still trying to recover. This happened around 6pm

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by DeTruthh: 1:26pm On Oct 07, 2022
Anonymoususher:
My people I greet una

This is the Lagos tinubu built. URCHINS everywhere. I just know areas I go to and areas I avoid especially once it's night.

5 Likes

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by teslimali: 1:26pm On Oct 07, 2022
Nixe one
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by xeratek: 1:28pm On Oct 07, 2022
Anonymoususher:
My people I greet una

Another fake story from patlex AKA Patrick Enyum and group
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by babyfaceafrica: 1:29pm On Oct 07, 2022
You are lucky, don't try this at mushin or fadeyi o... Even if you wear soldier cloth, you will collect wotowoto
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by crownprince23: 1:30pm On Oct 07, 2022
I can't stop laughing here. I had a similar experience at Oshodi under unused pedestrian bridge at Bolade around 9:00. Omo na so I disguised like a lunatic that day o. Dem they try stop me...I just dey laugh and dey waive at them while walking like a real mad person that I wasn't.

16 Likes

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by happney65: 1:32pm On Oct 07, 2022
I pity you. You are fortunate those ones are not armed. People have been killed for far lesser stuffs than that na you dey claim kingkong. Lagos traffic robbers that are dare devil's.

You better don't do this again.

1 Like

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by berryPee(m): 1:33pm On Oct 07, 2022
Just say nobody go beat you cheesy cheesy
Freestainworld:
Those thieves are on nairaland now reading your antics, you are doing well.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cultists Who Beheaded ABSU Students Arrested - Photo / The Delivery Man Who Steals Side Mirrors Of Cars Arrested In Lagos (Pictures) / Zimbabwean Prostitute Throws Man Down From Third Floor Over Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.