Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 (53635 Views)

Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles / Hoodlums Carrying Axes Attack A Bus In Mile 12, Lagos (Photos) / Tochi Nwawuba: 'SARS Arresting Me For Keeping Beard' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Angelfrost(m): 2:20pm On Oct 07, 2022
Op is not serious. What kinda useless clickbait is this fa?!!

Was it the absence of beards that saved you or the fake phone call?! Mtchewwww!

Anyway, those ones didn't come to actually rob.
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by ahnie: 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2022
Dem full for nairaland here,most are even reading this post.
Thieves with dirty nasty dreadlocks.
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by ahnie: 2:22pm On Oct 07, 2022
Dem full for nairaland here,most are evening reading this post.
Thieves with dirty nasty dreadlocks.
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 07, 2022
U were just lucky... that same clean shave done make them almost kill person because dem mistake am for force personnel as him no suppose dey The location.
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by lucky4west: 2:25pm On Oct 07, 2022
good one bro, nice instinct....me self na clean shave(gorimapa) but i like beards and i de body build....but am happy you scaled thru because robbers self de fear
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Josephkabila12: 2:26pm On Oct 07, 2022
Waynesteave:
Go nd listen to style by 2baba, dj jimmy jatt and the rest
and elDee de don
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Chrisnrld: 2:26pm On Oct 07, 2022
Anonymoususher:

I expected a response like that but that is my wife to be, introduction has been done na marriage remain.

So beyond nyash, na my wife nyash be that
love ur response nothing like having a good woman
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by BABANGBALI: 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2022
This is super story
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Shedrill(m): 2:34pm On Oct 07, 2022
Dude met amateurs

Even soldiers know their limits

1 Like

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by EmmyDJourno: 2:35pm On Oct 07, 2022
You are a correct Gee cool
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Jacketaltrade: 2:36pm On Oct 07, 2022
What's your woman doing at wilmer when she's that cold, omo if you no fit wise for lagos 'a.j to be precise' forget o.
Anonymoususher:

Learners OR not, good thing is that I escaped that situation and learnt not to follow that part of mile 2 again at night
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Gbemini(m): 2:40pm On Oct 07, 2022
And Obi supporters dey here and listening to you now, next one they will not fall for this again
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Pells: 2:40pm On Oct 07, 2022
XshegzzyeeiX:
Be careful of what you say on the internet.

You just called yourself a thief.
To what end?

shocked
Life ain't that deep tongue lipsrsealed undecided
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Phyde: 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2022
I have met those guys several time on that same bridge. If they notice your height and boldness without fear when approaching you, they will start begging "agba tallest find us something na make we use chop" if I am in a good mood, I will just drop 500 or 200 make them carry their problem go, if I don't feel like dropping anything, I would walk away very fast from that spot and tell them "everywhere dry, maybe next time"
One aboki, a bikeman even told me to be very careful, that those guys move with guns when he saw me with them from afar. That bridge is dangerous at night.

2 Likes

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by alabo1: 2:43pm On Oct 07, 2022
Zonefree:

Na only you dey bang the nyash now

What kind of comment is this? Please have some respect and courtsey. Have we degenerated to Animals on this forum? Haba
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by kay29000(m): 2:44pm On Oct 07, 2022
TheMaharajah:
You meet learners or you dey exaggerate. Humans get a sixth sence of telling when things no fit wel If to say na serious robbers them for don slap the soldier comot for ya mouth.

He is either exaggerating or lying. Street robbers move fast... It's funny to me that after he said they attempted to attack him, they still gave him time to make call and they were listening to what he had to say. The story just seems off.
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by kay29000(m): 2:45pm On Oct 07, 2022
Slynation:
Attention please...Do not try this prank in any South Eastern state, I repeat do not engage!!

Exactly. Na Kala dey go use end the person... Within seconds.
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by uvie66: 2:48pm On Oct 07, 2022
Anonymoususher:
My people I greet una

I almost got robbed at mile 2 bridge on Sunday.

My fiancee came to spend the weekend with me so on Sunday we decided to go out and have some fun. Our plan na say from the eatry she go from there dey go house but she forgot her office key at my place so instead of going home we decided to go back to my place first to pick the keys because she needed it the next day at work.

Na so we take go back house ooo before we know 8pm Don clock. Babe didn't want to sleep over, I couldnt drive because mile 2 is always blocked cos of traffic. Most uber drivers don't even like going there so we had to enter danfo.

Bus dropped us at mile 2 Festac side and we needed to walk up a little so she could get a bus or bike heading towards Wilmer.

It was already 9pm and some guys started approaching us. I saw them and quickly changed my steps, my babe didn't know what was happening, I just asked her to give me her phones. She gave them to me, I placed the big one inside my pocket.

The guys approached n surrounded us and were like bring your phone, my babe was scared but I refused to stop walking.

One raised hands and wanted to hit me while another one wanted to drag my girl's bag.

I just said, if them born una well make una hand touch me, be like una want make this Mile 2 and lagos hot for una. Una wan touch soldier, una die well.

Immediately I pretended like I was making call "I said Nasiru, stand at alert, mile 2 on top bridge second lane"

After pretending to make the calls, I stretched the phone towards them and said if they have mind they should take the phone from me... All these while I was walking and talking.

The guys just said awuuaahhh, no vex abeg just find us something. I said una dey mad, instead of to beg for money una wan use force or threaten, I no dey give una again. One by one they just left the scene.

My babe was already cold, we quietly crossed to the other busy lane, entered a bus and started laughing.

What happened was surprising. I didn't know the guts that came to me.

Normal, I don't keep beards (clean shave) and the way I walk most people mistake me for a military guy cos of my height and mode of walking. Coincidentally I was putting on a black top with a black face cap. So seeing a young guy with clean shave they just felt I was a military guy and decided to avoid me.

Thank God for protection sha
oh boy you get nerves

1 Like

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by chudez0147(m): 2:55pm On Oct 07, 2022
DamnNigga
I dey tell you ... the guy just dey shalaye..
if na real rubbers you die well

TheMaharajah:
You meet learners or you dey exaggerate. Humans get a sixth sence of telling when things no fit wel If to say na serious robbers them for don slap the soldier comot for ya mouth.
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by chudez0147(m): 2:59pm On Oct 07, 2022
DamnNigga
Rubbish. Not when they out number you. And he even have a girl with him.

I don't even believe the story
1x2x3:

Adrenaline that's pumping at that stage can defy that sixth sense. Also remember whoever is robbing is also scared, they usually can't predict what they will face.
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by chudez0147(m): 3:02pm On Oct 07, 2022
DamnNigga
You might not be lucky next time
Pells:

I was one of the thieves yesterday at mile 2
My mind tell me say you no be soldier but my guys loose guard
Damn u get lucky yesterday tongue undecided lipsrsealed
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 07, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
This mumoo is thanking God after committing fornication. He could have died for being a male prostitute. A woman who is not your wife came all weekend to your house and you still kept moving like rats in Lagos at 9pm. It would have been your end. Your mates are out at night moving goods for trade and building brands for posterity. Your story is propelled by a woman.

No apologies, but you're a fool!

Your name runs contrary to your IQ.
So an adult cannot enjoy the singular liberty of his choices as to what to do with his weekend because your disjointed cranium reasons otherwise?

Other people are spending the weekends moving goods and rendering services for future prosperity, and then? Did he tell you he's broke and jobless? Are you feeding him? Na your papa dey pay him rent? Na your clan head toast the babe give am? Is he existing to please you and your shallow mind? Some of you just can't get around to understanding that life doesn't present the same existential manual to everyone, so there's the need to be minding your business.

You're lucky this is Nairaland...I for mend you like say the OP na my brother. I hate idiocy!

2 Likes

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by ScamHunter: 3:03pm On Oct 07, 2022
TheMaharajah:
You don't know what you're saying. I've been. Cornered by robbers but wasn't robbed because i simple shook their hands
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by 6ixT8: 3:03pm On Oct 07, 2022
See as your fiance for nearly put you for trouble! She intentional dropped her key just to have another round or should I say a round?

When the say fear women, una still no understand.

Anyway glad you're safe.
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by chudez0147(m): 3:04pm On Oct 07, 2022
XshegzzyeeiX:
Be careful of what you say on the internet.

You just called yourself a thief.
To what end?

shocked
DamnNigga
Don't mind the little child. These are the type people people voting in bad leaders.

1 Like

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Curious345: 3:04pm On Oct 07, 2022
Freestainworld:
Those thieves are on nairaland now reading your antics, you are doing well.
there are no thieves on nairaland , except APC members
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by BigYash: 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2022
Anonymoususher:

I expected a response like that but that is my wife to be, introduction has been done na marriage remain.

So beyond nyash, na my wife nyash be that
Introduction for make them no collect your phones? You were just lucky.. No dey follow woman mouth again. Na so them for shoot ur enemy,babe go marry another guy. Since it was late already, you tell her to stay back or go alone.. Na only you come life o,abi you don forget?

2 Likes

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Drbillionz: 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2022
Bro,u never meet correct guys. They would want to kill u simply because u are a force man. Don't try such again. It saved u today but might nt tomorrow

1 Like

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by XshegzzyeeiX: 3:08pm On Oct 07, 2022
chudez0147:

DamnNigga
Don't mind the little child. These are the type people people voting in bad leaders.
He was chasing clout wrongly.

Some will go any length to seek attention.
It's well.
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Jacketaltrade: 3:09pm On Oct 07, 2022
Same happened to me 2019 nov. 17th, can't forget in a rush. Was on my way to maza-maza, i decided to follow those drafted cracks at the side of the bridge when one approached me for money. I snubbed him and kept heading for those small roads to descend the bridge, immediatedly he called another of his fellow, i returned to the part where there's light and took a bike. I had to pay extra cause the cyclist saw my desperation, still as we left i'd noticed another victim been disturbed.
Phyde:
I have meet those guys several time on that same bridge. If they notice your height and boldness, they will start begging "agba tallest find us something".
One aboki, a bikeman even told me those guys move with guns. That bridge is dangerous at night.
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Dollarremix(m): 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2022
[quote author=Freestainworld post=117342709]Those thieves are on nairaland now reading your antics, you are doing well. Abi you be one of them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

300L ANSU Student Commits Suicide As Alleged (pictured) / Abia Girl Maltreated By Her Rich Aunt (Photos) / Kidnapper Evans Hires SAN, Sues IGP, 3 Others: "Release Me Or Charge Me"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.