Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,196 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 (53620 Views)

Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles / Hoodlums Carrying Axes Attack A Bus In Mile 12, Lagos (Photos) / Tochi Nwawuba: 'SARS Arresting Me For Keeping Beard' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Femi8586(m): 9:04am On Oct 08, 2022
Anonymoususher:
My people I greet una

I almost got robbed at mile 2 bridge on Sunday.

My fiancee came to spend the weekend with me so on Sunday we decided to go out and have some fun. Our plan na say from the eatry she go from there dey go house but she forgot her office key at my place so instead of going home we decided to go back to my place first to pick the keys because she needed it the next day at work.

Na so we take go back house ooo before we know 8pm Don clock. Babe didn't want to sleep over, I couldnt drive because mile 2 is always blocked cos of traffic. Most uber drivers don't even like going there so we had to enter danfo.

Bus dropped us at mile 2 Festac side and we needed to walk up a little so she could get a bus or bike heading towards Wilmer.

It was already 9pm and some guys started approaching us. I saw them and quickly changed my steps, my babe didn't know what was happening, I just asked her to give me her phones. She gave them to me, I placed the big one inside my pocket.

The guys approached n surrounded us and were like bring your phone, my babe was scared but I refused to stop walking.

One raised hands and wanted to hit me while another one wanted to drag my girl's bag.

I just said, if them born una well make una hand touch me, be like una want make this Mile 2 and lagos hot for una. Una wan touch soldier, una die well.

Immediately I pretended like I was making call "I said Nasiru, stand at alert, mile 2 on top bridge second lane"

After pretending to make the calls, I stretched the phone towards them and said if they have mind they should take the phone from me... All these while I was walking and talking.

The guys just said awuuaahhh, no vex abeg just find us something. I said una dey mad, instead of to beg for money una wan use force or threaten, I no dey give una again. One by one they just left the scene.

My babe was already cold, we quietly crossed to the other busy lane, entered a bus and started laughing.

What happened was surprising. I didn't know the guts that came to me.

Normal, I don't keep beards (clean shave) and the way I walk most people mistake me for a military guy cos of my height and mode of walking. Coincidentally I was putting on a black top with a black face cap. So seeing a young guy with clean shave they just felt I was a military guy and decided to avoid me.

Thank God for protection sha

If they had a gun, do you know they could shoot you and your babe dead and still collect the phones?

What you did was seriously risky and could cost u your life but thank God it worked for you.

Don't try it another time. My advice

1 Like

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Lusheyi(m): 9:52am On Oct 08, 2022
If you get beard, just tell them you be boko haram them go still free you na grin
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Bherie22(m): 1:50pm On Oct 08, 2022
op, i fear your guts. Normal me i no fit try am
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by SPAMBOX7: 2:51pm On Oct 08, 2022
Thank your stars say na afonjas cos cowardice ingrained in their DNA.
Don't try it in South East, just avoid night walks to prevent stories that are harsh to the ears.
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by eikeem(m): 8:48am On Oct 11, 2022
Sirchiboy:
Are you bearded?

To the glory of God smiley
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by eikeem(m): 8:50am On Oct 11, 2022
NohurryInLife:

Them dey feel say you mature with the beards on ahbi??

I no know o, but dem no dey reason my matter again grin
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by dododawa1: 12:34pm On Oct 11, 2022
Na OBIEDENT full mile 2,go and confirmed,from SOUTH EAST GUYS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ritual Killers Release Lady Five Days After Kidnap (photo) / Zimbabwean Baby Falls Into A Pit & Drowns While Mother Enjoys Sex With Boyfriend / Sambo Hammangabdo Attacked By Hired Assassins As He Kills One (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.