Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,480 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? (33525 Views)

How i was able to stop dating women below my standard / Why Do I Keep Dating Women Below My Standard / Should I Take The Risk And Invest In My Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by RomanGreen: 6:16am On Oct 09, 2022
Ebenman:
I meant a lady 3 months ago. After we talked, she began to show interest in me, but she wasn't my standard, so I wasn't feeling the same way.

My standards are:
1. At least she must be a graduate
2. She should be self-sufficient (earning something reasonable)
3. At most 5-6 age difference between us
4. Looking calm and understandable
5. She must be an average-height lady

This lady, in particular, is an NCE holder, working as a teacher, earning little because of her level of education. She is just in her early 20s, and I am almost 8 yrs older than her. She is from a poor background and has 2 other younger siblings. She is also not tall and looks like an average girl.

She is very decent (a virgin) and loyal to me. I have told her severally that she is not my standard and I wasn't interested in her, but she refused to listen and began to feel very insecure. Maybe because I earn well and she knows I will soon get married.

She now comes to my house almost every weekend because I am very accommodating. Recently she has been telling me to delete the pictures of other females friends, in which I asked her on what grounds I should do that.

Note: I don't want to invest in a lady that is not my wife, and I am afraid her family will see me as a rich guy from which her other siblings can benefit if I proceed with her.

Should I block every contact with her, or should I forget about standards and risk and look at the good side?

Please advice

How does all these disqualify her from making a good wife to you?

Dude, find your level then and leave the innocent girl. Until that your level show you shege, your eye no go clear. Good luck in your search
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Berankis: 6:25am On Oct 09, 2022
Simply follow your standards. Marriage is tough and should not be contracted out of pity but with someone you can die for.
Your relationship with her is still very new, take your time to know her more... then you can take a better decision.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Ybaby: 6:27am On Oct 09, 2022
Ebenman:
I meant a lady 3 months ago. After we talked, she began to show interest in me, but she wasn't my standard, so I wasn't feeling the same way.

My standards are:

This lady, in particular, is an NCE holder, working as a teacher, earning little because of her level of education. She is just in her early 20s, and I am almost 8 yrs older than her. She is from a poor background and has 2 other younger siblings. She is also not tall and looks like an average girl.

She is very decent (a virgin) and loyal to me. I have told her severally that she is not my standard and I wasn't interested in her, but she refused to listen and began to feel very insecure. Maybe because I earn well and she knows I will soon get married.

She now comes to my house almost every weekend because I am very accommodating. Recently she has been telling me to delete the pictures of other females friends, in which I asked her on what grounds I should do that.

Note: I don't want to invest in a lady that is not my wife, and I am afraid her family will see me as a rich guy from which her other siblings can benefit if I proceed with her.

Should I block every contact with her, or should I forget about standards and risk and look at the good side?

Please advice

You that is using small phone have standard when it comes to women?

How many of your standard girls have agreed to date you ?

Give this girl a few more years and she learns to take care of herself .... Na you no go be her standard.

You will look after her younger ones and parents, she is after you because she thinks you have..

You and I know you no get shishi so avoid that girl, encourage her to further her studies and you can also go and make money
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Munzy14(m): 6:37am On Oct 09, 2022
Ebenman:

My standards are:

Please advice

The problem we face when we achieve a bit comfort of at least good food and a roof over our head.

You set the standard too high..The risk of ending with who isn't yours are also high.

The lady you described is an average decent prayer point of some brothers.

Emphasis on A decent, loyal and at least educated lady for marriage.
As long as she is not entitled, have a mind of her own, open to learning and upgrading, you have yourself one of the few good ones out here..

She can be a professor tomorrow if you are willing to...

Like flavour will say, If you have a good woman, hold am tight..If you lose am, everything go nyamanyama. cheesy

The standard you are looking for may attract the real problems in disguise.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Starships4u(m): 6:39am On Oct 09, 2022
Ebenman:

My standards are:

Please advice

So yhu don't want to help yhur in-laws
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by xevove2061: 6:54am On Oct 09, 2022
Wealthyonos:
Even your English shows you're not educated. My advice is, 'go back to school'.���

exactly, that is why he is looking for a graduate. But you see, Don't downgrade him, English is not a test of intelligence and or enlightenment. Women have their standards and no-one castigates them for that, but a man cannot say he has certain standards when it comes to the sexual marketplace and everything will be fine. no, they are being vilified for doing so. leave him let him be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Mekanus(m): 6:55am On Oct 09, 2022
andy244:
To be frank, your first paragraph shows you are not qualified to be a graduate if at all you are one. forget about the excuse you gave about the phone, not been a native speaker, and going to Oxford to learn English. That girl with NCE must be more educated than you. Also you sound very very as some one from a very poor home. I know your type. Go back to school, my candid advice

Look who's telling someone to go back to school. What's the meaning of that gibberish in bold, professor?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by ghettochild(m): 6:57am On Oct 09, 2022
Well if u r after education...
It's a very wrong Criteria ooo
The rest I understand.
Anyways just tell u don't love n cannot marry her...
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Caseless: 6:58am On Oct 09, 2022
Ebenman:

My standards are:

Please advice

Drop your standards and face reality. Stop judging her by her background. You Lowkey like her too. Just upgrade her to the woman you'd want to see her become.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by rykelandyn: 6:58am On Oct 09, 2022
ll
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Ebenman: 7:01am On Oct 09, 2022
Munzy14:

The problem we face when we achieve a bit comfort of at least good food and a roof over our head.

You set the standard too high..The risk of ending with who isn't yours are also high.

The lady you described is an average decent prayer point of some brothers.

Emphasis on A decent, loyal and at least educated lady for marriage.
As long as she is not entitled, have a mind of her own, open to learning and upgrading, you have yourself one of the few good ones out here..

She can be a professor tomorrow if you are willing to...

Like flavour will say, If you have a good woman, hold am tight..If you lose am, everything go nyamanyama. cheesy

The standard you are looking for may attract the real problems in disguise.
I have received a lot of bashing.

I guess I didn't really explain the situation well, so a lot of people didn't really get my points.

This lady in particular mum is late. Her dad is battling with stroke.

I stay in a 3-bedroom flat as a bachelor in a high-income area while she, her dad, and 3 other siblings stay in a room and parlor in a low-income area. I fear that one day her family will tell her sis and bro to come and start staying with us if we end up together since they will feel we live in a 3-bedroom flat.

More so, her yearly income is always not up to my monthly income.

She is not the First Lady to show interest in me. I asked her why is she interested in me, and she said that I don't drink, smoke, gamble, or womanize. I am always focused.

In essence, I am also a standard.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by soloehis(m): 7:09am On Oct 09, 2022
grin grin grin grin
Wealthyonos:
Even your English shows you're not educated. My advice is, 'go back to school'.���
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by mprtuary: 7:09am On Oct 09, 2022
Ebenman:

My standards are:

Please advice

Mr Standard don't you think the lady has more standard Bryan you with this your English?
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Ebenman: 7:11am On Oct 09, 2022
ghettochild:
Well if u r after education...
It's a very wrong Criteria ooo
The rest I understand.
Anyways just tell u don't love n cannot marry her...
Why I added the education aspect is because it matters too.

I want someone I can seek advice from and share my view with.

In our conversations, she has failed to answer all the intelligent questions I asked her.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Sirchiboy: 7:13am On Oct 09, 2022
Ebenman:

My standards are:

Please advice

If you like her go ahead and marry her.
You can help her to further her education

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by adetayoonas(m): 7:20am On Oct 09, 2022
adetayoonas:
Don’t spoil her virginity
A better person might marry her if you don’t like developing others.
If you do, pls marry her. There’s nothing wrong in marrying from a poor family. It will give you more respect from your wife and your in-laws. A lady at that age still virgin is golden and a good virtue despite her family’s poverty level
You just found a good mother for your kids
I have a lot of people who did this
People marry ladies in 200L and lower
So u expect a female banker or doctor to respect you
Marrying a rich lady comes with its own demerits too
Your in-laws will see u as one of them in terms of respect; why should they ?
They will monitor your marriage
NCE graduate is not half baked at all
An nce graduate will do well doing a B.Sc Ed degree under 3 years part time
We were taught the same thing both Bsc education and nce
Just a year difference
God have many ways of blessing those who help others

Marry that lady. She will respect you till old age and manage your resources well
She will take care of u when u are old and sometimes Ill. Your kids will also know u as the provider and real head of the house and respect u more
Don’t let her feel insecure
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Ebenman: 7:21am On Oct 09, 2022
Microwhy:

No.. you're not there yet that why you think he's selfish.
There're too many things to consider when you want to go into such family and marry.
NCE graduate,
Not earning much,
Poor background,
First child,
Having siblings.
Her physique are not his taste.
You will not understand. Dont blame the guy for wanting to use his head. Sometimes, those odds will not mak.e one to have easy headway in life.
No doubt God gives wealth and happiness.
I guess I didn't really explain the situation well, so a lot of people didn't really get my points.

This lady in particular mum is late. Her dad is battling with stroke.

I stay in a 3-bedroom flat as a bachelor in a high-income area while she, her dad, and 3 other siblings stay in a room and parlor in a low-income area. I fear that one day her family will tell her sis and bro to come and start staying with us if we end up together since they will feel we live in a 3-bedroom flat.

More so, her yearly income is always not up to my monthly income.

She is not the First Lady to show interest in me. I asked her why is she interested in me, and she said that I don't drink, smoke, gamble, or womanize. I am always focused.

In essence, I am also a standard.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Juliearth(f): 7:26am On Oct 09, 2022
Ebenman:

My standards are:

Please advice

There is no point leading a lady on when deep down you know she doesn't fit in. Are you sure she acts this way towards you because she genuinely cares for you or because she sees you as a means to an end
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Youngzedd(m): 7:42am On Oct 09, 2022
Ebenman:

My standards are:

Please advice

It's almost (99%) impossible to find a self sufficient virgin graduate.

Numbers 31:17-18

Read about sexual imprint and let it sink https://www.nairaland.com/5322786/ubunjas-miseducation-sexual-imprint

"A woman’s capacity to bond monogamously is inversely proportionate to the number of sexual partners she’s experienced prior to monogamy. Even one prior lover (or even unrequited obsession of hers) can be Alpha enough to upset that bonded monogamous balance." - Book 3, Rational Male
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by kacglobal: 7:43am On Oct 09, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Do women marry men, or men marry women? And is a woman marrying a substandard man anything new? Even fruit selling women are catering to able bodied jobless men they look forward to marrying.

Baba stop this nonsense talk. Go n check well. Why did the fruit seller marry the man at first?
I'm sure she wasn't a fruit seller to begin with.
And am very certain that the jobless man wasn't jobless when they married.

N the only reason she doesn't leave is the kids.

N if u analyse deeply you would find out what the man has gone through in the hands of the woman for losing his source of living.

Then for him to now give up totally means the woman has over done something for him to just throw everything away n give up.

No respect anymore and more things. That follow suit after losing his source of lively hood.

So no lady ever in this world lower their standards for a man. Unless they are evening newspaper..

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by hardon1(m): 7:47am On Oct 09, 2022
Poster na still small pikin wey quick see moni grin angry grin grin

That aside sha, First of
You post reeks of pride and that is not good. you are not the one that have been feeding her , paying for her schooling or taking care of her family so don't think they will die if you don't marry her

Secondly don't conclude she is a VIRGIN except you don enter there. Women can be cunning. Even if you don enter, beer in mind that there is what is called "hymen strip" or artificial hymen that can be bought and inserted in the vaginal before sex, it comes in tiny membrane that gets broken by pressure from penis. So shine your eyes

That aside, if she know she genuinely loves you, lower your checklist and go for her. NCE holder can also get bsc tomorrow.

The prayer of every man is to settle with a woman that gives him Peace of mind. It is better to be with an average looking woman that gives you peace if mind that be with a stunning looking, highly educated and independent one that gives you bp
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by loschivatos(m): 7:47am On Oct 09, 2022
You young lads of today hardly know what marriage is, why you intend to marry and what it is to be married. There is nothing wrong with setting standards, but look inward and genuinely answer the questions above. Some of you set standards, kneel to beg a woman to marry you knowing perfectly well that she is not in love with you, then you eventually end up calling her EX to solve your family dispute each time because that is whom she love and respect. All in the name of standards and showing off while you are empty and miserable. Keep setting standards, man wey he get level.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Johnsown1(m): 7:48am On Oct 09, 2022
From your lines, it really shows that your not ready for marriage and your not a man yet because some of your so-called standards can not be seen in a lady and NCE qualification is a level 7 workers in which additional certificate will be an advantage. What you should be looking out in a woman is, love,trust, supporting, encouraging and peace not your rampant standards
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by obontami: 7:50am On Oct 09, 2022
Wealthyonos:

The fool types like a semi-literate oaf. Shioor!
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Panda7(m): 7:54am On Oct 09, 2022
so you cannot help her family by putting them into work or assisting their education even if you don't like the said girl atleast you should help upgrade her family status, no one knows tomorrow.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Nigeriadondie: 7:58am On Oct 09, 2022
Ebenman:

My standards are:

Please advice

Please give her to me
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Kenmatt(m): 7:58am On Oct 09, 2022
BABANGBALI:
I preferred it, I was burned and broughted up there
Yet you're typing trash
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by ThinkSmarter: 8:18am On Oct 09, 2022
Ebenman:

My standards are:

Please advice

Follow your instincts but that standard the society influenced do not guarantee happy marriage.
She can further her education through Open University.
You can go ahead and marry whoever that you presume to be your class.
But know it that highly educated women don't always play the wifey roles.
Northerners, especially the elites enjoy their marriage more than Southern elites.
Most Highly Educated women form woke and won't give you the king treatment.
Two highly educated couples are literally like two captains in a ship.
And if you try to force her to live up to your expectations.
She may threaten you with divorce, since she's self sufficient.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 8:19am On Oct 09, 2022
Would she marry you if reverse was the case? undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by maxiart2(m): 8:23am On Oct 09, 2022
doneback04:
nairaland is a confused place for advice, too much numerous reply that would even make the person asking the question confused grin

Ahswer grin grin
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Mekanus(m): 8:23am On Oct 09, 2022
BABANGBALI:
I preferred it, I was burned and broughted up there
Go back to school olodo.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by jiga3189: 8:31am On Oct 09, 2022
if you feel this way about her let her be, and clear her the koko. Please dont date any one out of pity. Just let her know you can date or be with her and go for your standard. you can help her once in awhile but never promise her marriage or relationship. I use to be in your shoe although she was in school i clear am say nothing for you till you done with school. she got pregnant for someone else and about to marry. i wished her luck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

95 Year Old Gay Manmarries His 65-year Old Gay Partner / Slay Queen In High Heels Shows Her Zanku Skills On The Road / Sex Romp: Is It Magun Or A Case Of Heart Attack?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.