Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? (33529 Views)

How i was able to stop dating women below my standard / Why Do I Keep Dating Women Below My Standard / Should I Take The Risk And Invest In My Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by DollarBuddy: 9:14pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ehmmah588:
From your write up,you said she's from a poor family Abi??...Oga high standard did it occur to you that she too would have wanted to enter the university but opted for third choice cos of funds??..You said yourself that she's hardworking..Have you asked her how she was able to finish her NCE degree of 4 yrs?? I'm sure if you do you'll discover she alone footed the bills with her teaching job by going for part time studies.....Guy forget that shit of "she's from a poor family" talk. You're an adult so if you're scared of her family demanding from you,clear her now that your cash is yours alone and you can give or choose not to give....

She even be virgin..guy no let me swear for you ooo....marry that girl or you'll share my kinda story of how I lost a good girl

Don't mind this OP. Mr High standard grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by 07kjb: 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2022
Give me her number I have been looking for virgin

I can't a girl that's not a virgin
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by seanwilliam(m): 9:17pm On Oct 08, 2022
@ ebenman , Honestly , I will advice you not to settle for less. Marriage is not something you do out of pity. If she’s not your type , you will lose attraction soon.

Don’t settle for less or bend your rules for women. Trust me if the table is turned she will never risk it with you . It’s not you being wicked that’s the reality .

Her being a virgin might be as a result of the fact that she’s an average ( ugly girls have lesser guys chasing them and she knows she’ll lose in two ways if she loses her virginity and still kon wor wor Join ).

Although I respect women with virginity especially 20 plus. For this naija.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by seanwilliam(m): 9:18pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ehmmah588:
From your write up,you said she's from a poor family Abi??...Oga high standard did it occur to you that she too would have wanted to enter the university but opted for third choice cos of funds??..You said yourself that she's hardworking..Have you asked her how she was able to finish her NCE degree of 4 yrs?? I'm sure if you do you'll discover she alone footed the bills with her teaching job by going for part time studies.....Guy forget that shit of "she's from a poor family" talk. You're an adult so if you're scared of her family demanding from you,clear her now that your cash is yours alone and you can give or choose not to give....

She even be virgin..guy no let me swear for you ooo....marry that girl or you'll share my kinda story of how I lost a good girl
can a woman bend the rule for a man in this situation? If yes Have you personally experienced it before .

3 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by seanwilliam(m): 9:19pm On Oct 08, 2022
Chris2863:
Selfish, self-centered, unkind, evil, assuming, confused. These are some of the words synonymous with this op
Simp

5 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by tollyboy5(m): 9:21pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ebenman:
Thank you! As time goes on you will understand that being a kind and benevolent person in Nigeria doesn't really pay. You will be treated like a fool and totally ignored.

If you know how many ladies had mistreated me in the past due to standards, before I upgraded myself, you couldn't have mentioned this.
You see I don't know how to advice you, it seems you've experienced all what real niggars experience from ladies in the street.

Me as a person, when I'm rich enough, I won't find love but qualities. I'll get married to someone who can add to my life and respect me, not someone who want to tie me with love.

Let's provide and respect each other so that if we have issues the children will still benefit from both parents richness.

I dont like "love" I prefer "respect"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by TeeFriz: 9:21pm On Oct 08, 2022
Op I dey reply again, RUN!!?? SHE WOULDN'T BEND THE RULE OR HER STANDARD FOR YOU IF THE TABLE WERE TURNED. BABA BETTER GIRLS STILL DEY FRONT. DON'T SETTLE BELOW YOUR STANDARD. SECURE YOUR UNBORN CHILDREN FUTURE ABEG!

11 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by surrogatesng: 9:22pm On Oct 08, 2022
You are correct
Wealthyonos:
Even your English shows you're not educated. My advice is, 'go back to school'.���

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by pocohantas(f): 9:22pm On Oct 08, 2022
You don’t have to lower your standard, at least not to this extent. You can make compromises because no one is perfect and it could be pretty hard finding all in one. In this case, you don’t seem to even have 50% of your desires met in this lady. So she is bound to be insecure. You would learn to appreciate her, but that might be about it.

Make your stance clear to her.
Create boundaries and keep her away.

9 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Emdebby2: 9:23pm On Oct 08, 2022
This your standards with all the grammatical errors, and you termed her 'risk'. Why not go and marry the rich and leave the poor girl alone.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Seankhalifa: 9:23pm On Oct 08, 2022
Delight2014:
I love your standard @Op, but according to the girl's standard; though she comes from a poor background, observe if she's hardworking or the type that relies on men for support. These are the things you should look for before taking her.
You can still support her and brought her up to your standard if she worth it
Queen Elizabeth see watin u cause.. English don suffer for we hand grin

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by kaymart: 9:23pm On Oct 08, 2022
Chris2863:
Selfish, self-centered, unkind, evil, assuming, confused. These are some of the words synonymous with this op
Op is right....
He knows what he wants...
Let him proceed....
Though, sometimes, it comes with regret.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by RepoMan007: 9:24pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ebenman:
I meant a lady 3 months ago. After we talked, she began to show interest in me, but she wasn't my standard, so I wasn't feeling the same way.

My standards are:
1. At least she must be a graduate
2. She should be self-sufficient (earning something reasonable)
3. At most 5-6 age difference between us
4. Looking calm and understandable
5. She must be an average-height lady

This lady, in particular, is an NCE holder, working as a teacher, earning little because of her level of education. She is just in her early 20s, and I am almost 8 yrs older than her. She is from a poor background and has 2 other younger siblings. She is also not tall and looks like an average girl.

She is very decent (a virgin) and loyal to me. I have told her severally that she is not my standard and I wasn't interested in her, but she refused to listen and began to feel very insecure. Maybe because I earn well and she knows I will soon get married.

She now comes to my house almost every weekend because I am very accommodating. Recently she has been telling me to delete the pictures of other females friends, in which I asked her on what grounds I should do that.

Note: I don't want to invest in a lady that is not my wife, and I am afraid her family will see me as a rich guy from which her other siblings can benefit if I proceed with her.

Should I block every contact with her, or should I forget about standards and risk and look at the good side?

Please advice

There are many rotten graduates. You should consider them instead of a clean NCE holder.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by CaptainFM1: 9:24pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ebenman:
Firstly, I typed with a tiny phone.
Secondly, I typed the content very late.
Thirdly, I never claimed to be a native speaker, so English is not my first language.

I don't mind if you can sponsor me to Oxford University, where you learn English as a native language.

Don't mind him. Nigerians like to correct one another in English that's not their Language.
Bro, I don't even mind if you write it in any Nigerian languages.

You don't owe him any apologies. I schooled in the UK and I found out that we even speak and write better English than the average Briton.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by doneback04: 9:24pm On Oct 08, 2022
nairaland is a confused place for advice, too much numerous reply that would even make the person asking the question confused grin

3 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by BABANGBALI: 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2022
Don't do that o, it is suitcidal

Happy post rumours birthday to my childhood friend Jonathan. Continue to rest in peace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by OMYKROIN: 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2022
BePrepared:
OP

Your pride is higher than highe tension

Tufia

Op, I just found the lady's sister here...

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Kobicove(m): 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ebenman:
Firstly, I typed with a tiny phone.
Secondly, I typed the content very late.
Thirdly, I never claimed to be a native speaker, so English is not my first language.

I don't mind if you can sponsor me to Oxford University, where you learn English as a native language.

Abort mission!

Don't go below your standard and marry the lady out of pity

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 08, 2022
You're very funny you're not interested in someone what else do you want us to tell you ?

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by charlierunkle(m): 9:28pm On Oct 08, 2022
Don’t just suppose a girl is super into you just because she’s showing mad interest. She may just be looking for the come up. Girls know how to be all the right things when they’re looking to get in. And if you drop standards and she turns out to be the devil herself, you’ll be kicking yourself for the rest of your lives together. However since this girl has enough discipline to have kept her virginity, I’ll assume she’s not running game. If also she’s humble at heart, which is something most females lack nowadays even the one her papa no get shishi, and like you said she’s industrious, then do it, all the other stuff can later. But make sure that standards aside you’re bodily attracted to her, else e go impact una chemistry. You don’t want to have a desireless marriage

3 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by udomma1005(m): 9:28pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ehmmah588:

This dude is not a rich fella, just a wannabe. Any person who's actually rich doesn't rub it on people's faces just like that. What's your definition of riches and what level have you attained that makes you so confident to throw tantrums of being rich. Most commentators on Nairaland ferry privates or business class on a daily or two but none sews agbada with the inscription "Richie" to make a point here. The topic you brought up wasn't to seek advice but to advertise your "Richie" brand. If ur fable isn't a fable, the poor girl will suffer with a dictator like you've portrayed yourself.
No hard feelings, just my two kobo undecided

3 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by dancheeler: 9:31pm On Oct 08, 2022
You all are bunch of idiots. The person that raised the concerns and you all responding.
NONSENSE 101!!!!!
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Kemadealadire(f): 9:31pm On Oct 08, 2022
Do what works for you.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by imagrg(m): 9:32pm On Oct 08, 2022
I'm very sorry for you. That you are about to miss out on a jewel and eventually marry a runz girl is obvious.

A rare Jem many people are looking out for to marry is what you are handling with levity because she fell cheaply for you.

I pity you!

Leave her phone number on this platform and watch her get married to a man more responsible and richer than you are.

Please marry her if you love decency and don't be arrogant and selfish.
Ebenman:
I meant a lady 3 months ago. After we talked, she began to show interest in me, but she wasn't my standard, so I wasn't feeling the same way.

My standards are:

This lady, in particular, is an NCE holder, working as a teacher, earning little because of her level of education. She is just in her early 20s, and I am almost 8 yrs older than her. She is from a poor background and has 2 other younger siblings. She is also not tall and looks like an average girl.

She is very decent (a virgin) and loyal to me. I have told her severally that she is not my standard and I wasn't interested in her, but she refused to listen and began to feel very insecure. Maybe because I earn well and she knows I will soon get married.

She now comes to my house almost every weekend because I am very accommodating. Recently she has been telling me to delete the pictures of other females friends, in which I asked her on what grounds I should do that.

Note: I don't want to invest in a lady that is not my wife, and I am afraid her family will see me as a rich guy from which her other siblings can benefit if I proceed with her.

Should I block every contact with her, or should I forget about standards and risk and look at the good side?

Please advice

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by backnbeta(f): 9:33pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ebenman:

My standards are:

Please advice

Leave that lady alone, don't force it. Apart from her supposed "decency" as attributed to her "virginity", you didn't highlight any other good point about her- not even beauty (according to you). She is too desperate IMO or why else will a lady force herself on a man who told her point-blank that she's not his "standard"? She probably is after your money! If you marry her, you will go after ladies that meet your set "standard"

4 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by excelchips(m): 9:34pm On Oct 08, 2022
All these your standard and the likes do not work when it comes to marriage. Forget you are rich and she is from a poor family. What matters most in a marriage is love and an undiluted one at that. Have you asked yourself why some well-read people end up marrying semi-illiterate or someone that does not up to their standard (let me borrow your word)? Think about our one-time Nigeria's first lady marrying a Ph.D. holder. You get to evaluate your future with someone that will be there for you in any situation you find yourself. Rich/wealth is very transient. She is educated, an NCE holder at that. The age difference is not bad, re-consider your priorities and come up with better yardsticks. What is the point of marrying a girl with all the qualities you listed and be in a marriage of hell? Relax and re-evaluate, please. Marriage isn't mathematic. Wish you the best.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by maziude: 9:34pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ebenman:

My standards are:

Please advice

Maybe go back to sleep and ask God to create your own specific lady from your ribs.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by sansid(m): 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ebenman:

My standards are:

Please advice

I use to think like you. But I am glad I didn't follow thru with the so called ' standards' of a thing. My advice to you is this: if this lady has a good character, my brother don't hesitate for a second.

In marriage, character is one of the most important thing. A lady with a good character is like gold in it's raw state. Refine it and you will have one of the most precious gift mother earth has got to offer.

Seek you first good character and every other thing shall be added unto you.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by JJuanMiguel: 9:38pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ebenman:

My standards are:

Please advice

If she's supportive in her own little way and she doesn't have an entitlement mentality, then you can give her a chance.
But above all, don't date her out of pity.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by dnawah(m): 9:41pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ebenman:

My standards are:

Please advice

are u cripple? If no,go on ur kneels and ask God.rare flower blossom in the winter.(Mullen the cartoon)
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Hushbingo: 9:42pm On Oct 08, 2022
Hmmm

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by JJuanMiguel: 9:42pm On Oct 08, 2022
BABANGBALI:
Don't do that o, it is suitcidal

Happy [/b]post rumours[b] birthday to my childhood friend Jonathan. Continue to rest in peace
It's posthumous bros

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Slay Queen In High Heels Shows Her Zanku Skills On The Road / Sex Romp: Is It Magun Or A Case Of Heart Attack? / Man Drowns While Attempting To Propose To Girlfriend Underwater In Tanzania

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.