Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? (33531 Views)

How i was able to stop dating women below my standard / Why Do I Keep Dating Women Below My Standard / Should I Take The Risk And Invest In My Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by alloy123: 1:51am On Oct 09, 2022
NO: 1,,2 and 4 are very important...its would help you to live above the rim.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Bordey: 1:53am On Oct 09, 2022
okoroemeka:
I will bet my fresh pot of egusi soup that the lady is not a virgin,believe that you can believe anything,after secondary school 70% of girls are no longer virgins,after higher institution the figure is 95.5%,infact any girl that still remains a virgin after 5-6 years in Nigeria university has factory fault in her pussy.
Smh
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Nobody: 2:08am On Oct 09, 2022
okoroemeka:
I will bet my fresh pot of egusi soup that the lady is not a virgin,believe that you can believe anything,after secondary school 70% of girls are no longer virgins,after higher institution the figure is 95.5%,infact any girl that still remains a virgin after 5-6 years in Nigeria university has factory fault in her pussy.

Where did you get your statistics.?

Your black ass i guess?
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Funflipper: 2:19am On Oct 09, 2022
Wealthyonos:
Even your English shows you're not educated. My advice is, 'go back to school'.���

ómó dis your response na brutality of the highest order o. Ruthless!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by toprealman: 2:30am On Oct 09, 2022
Ebenman:
Firstly, I typed with a tiny phone.
Secondly, I typed the content very late.
Thirdly, I never claimed to be a native speaker, so English is not my first language.

I don't mind if you can sponsor me to Oxford University, where you learn English as a native language.
You must not read to ever comment. You your head very well, nothing as horrible as settling down with the wrong lady.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Burgerlomo: 2:33am On Oct 09, 2022
Wealthyonos:
Even your English shows you're not educated. My advice is, 'go back to school'.���

You're very wicked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by silverkings: 2:50am On Oct 09, 2022
Ebenman:
I meant a lady 3 months ago. After we talked, she began to show interest in me, but she wasn't my standard, so I wasn't feeling the same way.

My standards are:
1. At least she must be a graduate
2. She should be self-sufficient (earning something reasonable)
3. At most 5-6 age difference between us
4. Looking calm and understandable
5. She must be an average-height lady

This lady, in particular, is an NCE holder, working as a teacher, earning little because of her level of education. She is just in her early 20s, and I am almost 8 yrs older than her. She is from a poor background and has 2 other younger siblings. She is also not tall and looks like an average girl.

She is very decent (a virgin) and loyal to me. I have told her severally that she is not my standard and I wasn't interested in her, but she refused to listen and began to feel very insecure. Maybe because I earn well and she knows I will soon get married.

She now comes to my house almost every weekend because I am very accommodating. Recently she has been telling me to delete the pictures of other females friends, in which I asked her on what grounds I should do that.

Note: I don't want to invest in a lady that is not my wife, and I am afraid her family will see me as a rich guy from which her other siblings can benefit if I proceed with her.

Should I block every contact with her, or should I forget about standards and risk and look at the good side?

Please advice

You are a goat... Bleat... Mmeeeeh!! You are a goat
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by peedeeasobie(m): 2:53am On Oct 09, 2022
Ebenman:
I meant a lady 3 months ago. After we talked, she began to show interest in me, but she wasn't my standard, so I wasn't feeling the same way.

My standards are:

This lady, in particular, is an NCE holder, working as a teacher, earning little because of her level of education. She is just in her early 20s, and I am almost 8 yrs older than her. She is from a poor background and has 2 other younger siblings. She is also not tall and looks like an average girl.

She is very decent (a virgin) and loyal to me. I have told her severally that she is not my standard and I wasn't interested in her, but she refused to listen and began to feel very insecure. Maybe because I earn well and she knows I will soon get married.

She now comes to my house almost every weekend because I am very accommodating. Recently she has been telling me to delete the pictures of other females friends, in which I asked her on what grounds I should do that.

Note: I don't want to invest in a lady that is not my wife, and I am afraid her family will see me as a rich guy from which her other siblings can benefit if I proceed with her.

Should I block every contact with her, or should I forget about standards and risk and look at the good side?

Please advice

Your standards are also too high for nairaland... I think you should seek advice from Dangote or Bill Gates.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Tzar(m): 2:56am On Oct 09, 2022
Apart from saying she is a virgin (have you medically confirmed it?), You have not mentioned any GOOD SIDE she has, yet you want us to advise you?! What is wrong with Nigerians for Pete’s sake?!
You painted the poor girl as an unattractive, gold digging, poverty stricken, under-educated, obsessed stalker, yet you want us to tell you whether she is the best candidate for you?
Abeg go and sit down! You don’t know what you want!

Ebenman:

My standards are:

Please advice

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by chigoizie7(m): 3:21am On Oct 09, 2022
Ebenman:

My standards are:

Please advice

I think it’s okay to also have standards as a man, know what you want and stick by it. No one is perfect but at the same time, no one knows it all. Just do whatever you are comfortable with. To avoid regretting tomorrow and then start to blame yourself.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Okwuapkunaonu(m): 3:22am On Oct 09, 2022
Ebenman:
Thirdly, I never claimed to be a native speaker, so English is not my first language.

I don't mind if you can sponsor me to Oxford University, where you learn English as a native language.

My brother don't mind the blockhead
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by BABANGBALI: 3:29am On Oct 09, 2022
Kenmatt:

American English is not a standardized English grammar in usage.
I preferred it, I was burned and broughted up there
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by iHateFraudsters: 3:41am On Oct 09, 2022
Ebenman:

Useless excuse.

If English is not your first language, why didn't you speak your first language?

Why choose 2nd over 1st?

Who does that?
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Microwhy: 3:49am On Oct 09, 2022
Chris2863:
Selfish, self-centered, unkind, evil, assuming, confused. These are some of the words synonymous with this op
No.. you're not there yet that why you think he's selfish.
There're too many things to consider when you want to go into such family and marry.
NCE graduate,
Not earning much,
Poor background,
First child,
Having siblings.
Her physique are not his taste.
You will not understand. Dont blame the guy for wanting to use his head. Sometimes, those odds will not make one to have easy headway in life.
No doubt God gives wealth and happiness.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Microwhy: 3:54am On Oct 09, 2022
Tzar:
Apart from saying she is a virgin ( I doubt if uou have the credentials to affirm that if you have not medically confirmed it), You have not mentioned any GOOD SIDE she has, yet you want us to advise you?! What is wrong with Nigerians for Pete’s sake?!
You painted the poor girl as an unattractive, gold digging, poverty stricken, under-educated, obsessed stalker, yet you want us to tell you whether she is the best candidate for you?
Abeg go and sit down! You don’t know what you want!

I read your comment after I wrote mine but I think your comment is very reasonable.
He doesn't know what he want and there are some traces of pride in his talk.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by mrblessed(m): 4:19am On Oct 09, 2022
Anyone accusing you of being selfish is patently deluded and does not understand how gender interpersonal relationship works. Just stick to what you know is best for you. However, the inability to cut off completely from this lady, portrays a whiff of indecisiveness in you. Since she isn't to up your standard, why let her visit you at will?

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Fujiyama: 4:23am On Oct 09, 2022
Ok12345:
All women are the same after several years in marriage, educated or not.
We go still show you winchi winchi, no woman is totally calm or submissive once the kids starts rolling in.

Choose your poison wisely

^^^

grin
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by franchasofficia: 4:39am On Oct 09, 2022
Jeon:
Men are quick to lower their standards because of loneliness and fear of being alone.
Not true.

Men lower their standards for women mostly out of pity and empathy because most men are empathetic to women's economic condition.

Women are cold towards men's economic conditions so they don't care about a man's economic sufferings if a woman is financially buoyant, all poor men can suffer and die, its their business. But a financially buoyant man always feel this natural desire to help less financially buoyant ladies he knows out of pity and empathy.

No financially buoyant man is afraid of loneliness cos he can never be lonely unless he chose to be.

If we are to consider how women become so unruly, prideful and snobby towards financially struggling guys when choosing a partner, then no man will ever marry because most times in Nigeria, men marry ladies far below their financial/economic standard

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Invest4growth: 4:40am On Oct 09, 2022
So you expect Nairalanders to tell how to live your life!? So if a girl needs to be brushed up educationally and you have feelings for her. Then silently pray to your God and He will answer you speedily. If the signs are good then marry her and brush her up by sending her to school. I do not think it is a bad idea to send your wife to school for additional degrees. It is for the benefit of the family. The way you treat your wife is the way she will respond to pressures unless the lady is
Naturally bad. Yes, we have them around. Nothing satisfies them.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by franchasofficia: 4:52am On Oct 09, 2022
Ebenman:

My standards are:

Please advice

If truly you are doing well financially for yourself and have put plans in place to secure your financial future in case of Nigeria's eventualities that do happen, then you can go ahead and marry her because she would be more loyal to you than those your presumed standard.

And sometimes, God blesses you to be a blessing to others who are suffering, so always remember that whatever financial blessing you have today was not meant for you alone, God gave it to you so that you can be a destiny helper to some people suffering at the moment, so that through you they will be lifted out of poverty and life misery.

You said her family is poor, sighs, do you know that if you marry her, her poor family's prayer points will be focused on you knowing that you are their lifeline and God answers such prayers fast if the family is an upright family that fears God. Don't neglect intercessory prayers of the upright poor, they can catapult a man's destiny beyond imagination.

In summary, do not harden your heart towards helping others so that the God or natural forces that made life easier for you will not turn against you.

Remember what I said earlier, if you are financially buoyant enough to shudder her responsibilities without regrets and if you have put things in place in case of future financial eventualities, then give her a chance, but you must pray earnestly about it and seek for God's guidance through fleece or something. Try fleece after preparing yourself spiritually through fasting and prayer, God will reveal to you if she is your wife or not.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Nobody: 4:56am On Oct 09, 2022
Ebenman:

My standards are:

Please advice

From your write if you aren't feeding us fiction, you said there's 8 years gap and she's in her early 20s. Meaning you are also in your late 20s, 30 or early 30s. That's a matured for a man. You don't need our advise.
But you know that the egg turns to a cockerel. The lady is the definition of young shall grow. Your concern is her poor background. No background is too poor. You sef your earning and all your family worth may be like gateman's own when you meet a very rich lady. So Wetin be your success wey big pass others own?
Go and observe the girl, train her to be your kind of model at least assist her to be successful & see if she won't catch up with you or overtake sef as she upgrades her education, trade or business. And pls never use her as sex object if you know you won't end up marrying her. No sex sef before marriage, obey that and get blessed.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Ok12345(f): 5:02am On Oct 09, 2022
Fujiyama:

^^^

grin

Lol na true ooo
He should just his own witch wisely and starts pouring anointing oil on her head every now and then

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Powersurge: 5:06am On Oct 09, 2022
Ebenman:

My standards are:

Please advice

Leave that girl alone. Too many baggage.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Cutehector(m): 5:07am On Oct 09, 2022
GOFRONT:
U never even tell us if una Genotype match or Not!!!!

All the standard you mentioned above, without a Matched Up Genotype, its a waste of standard.
no mind the guy.. I just dey laugh when i been dey read his post. Foolishness at its peak.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Cutehector(m): 5:08am On Oct 09, 2022
mrblessed:
Anyone accusing you of being selfish is patently deluded and does not understand how gender interpersonal relationship works. Just stick to what you know is best for you. However, the inability to cut off completely from this lady, portrays a whiff of indecisiveness in you. Since she isn't to up your standard, why let her visit you at will?
konji bro.. And need for a woman to be cooking for him and warming his bed with kisses and pre-intimacy.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Ssddff: 5:13am On Oct 09, 2022
Ebenman:

My standards are:

Please advice

Do not lower your standard for anyone. And when you eventually find a girl that fits your standards, observe her keenly because it might be a facade/pretense.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Amayabor1: 5:20am On Oct 09, 2022
I understand how you feel. The truth is that the era has passed where a woman brings little or no financial contribution to the family.

One thing about most girls from humble background is that when they see a guy who is well to do, their love for the guy becomes activated. So, as the guy, you wouldn't really know if the love she has for you is genuine or not. Also, these type of girls tend to see marriage/relationship as an opportunity to help their family members or their family members see it as "God sending someone to come lift them from poverty". I once dated one like that. Few weeks into the relationship, she began to tell me about the financial needs of her mother and married sister. I knew she liked him because she knew i was financially stable. I ended the relationship. Also, you can't even tell her true character now because she will always want to act good so as not to lose you. However, this is not always true for all girls from humble background. Some are actually decent, nice people who are wife material.

Op, you have 2 options;

1. Study her. Observe how she treats people that are of lower economic/ educational standards compared to her's; waiters, gatemen, cleaners. It may give you a clue as to her kind of person.

OR

2. Go for your class.

But please, if you don't want to date her, don't have sex with her.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Maxxim: 5:49am On Oct 09, 2022
Sammy101111:
At this era once a man comment she is a virgin you are big simp for God sake ( can’t you Mumu men wake up ) if you like meet your babe virgin that one no mean say she no go cheat or beep another nigga . Just pray for a good woman

Virgin as nothing to do in Nigeria constitution anymore
Haba
What's this one saying, y'all here shouting y'all gonna marry a virgin, he saw one who meets one of his standards and you're here still complaining, with the list of her personality if I was the one I would marry her asap as long as I'm ready to settle down.
The best advice you should have given is for em to have his frame and stick to his principle so the lady won't start misbehaving.
Make you guys stop acting like those confused bittered feminist
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by adetayoonas(m): 5:49am On Oct 09, 2022
Don’t spoil her virginity
A better person might marry her if you don’t like developing others.
If you do, pls marry her. There’s nothing wrong in marrying from a poor family. It will give you more respect from your wife and your in-laws. A lady at that age still virgin is golden and a good virtue despite her family’s poverty level
You just found a good mother for your kids
I have a lot of people who did this
People marry ladies in 200L
So u expect a female banker or doctor to respect you
Marrying a rich lady comes with its own demerits too
Your in-laws will see u as one of them in terms of respect; why should they ?
They will monitor your marriage
NCE graduate is not half baked at all
An nce graduate will do well doing a B.Sc Ed degree under 3 years part time
We were taught the same thing both Bsc education and nce
Just a year difference
God have many ways of blessing those who help others

Marry that lady. She will respect you till old age and manage your resources well
She will take care of u when u are old and sometimes Ill. Your kids will also know u as the provider and real head of the house and respect u more
Don’t let her feel insecure

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Ifakiland(m): 5:55am On Oct 09, 2022
Ebenman:

My standards are:

Please advice

Never marry from a poor home or a girl that doesn't seem to have a well outlined future...that's how generational poverty starts. Never marry below your standard. It never ends well
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Obidient4life2: 6:05am On Oct 09, 2022
Ebenman:

My standards are:

Please advice

You are a child , you are not matured enough for marriage!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Slay Queen In High Heels Shows Her Zanku Skills On The Road / Sex Romp: Is It Magun Or A Case Of Heart Attack? / Man Drowns While Attempting To Propose To Girlfriend Underwater In Tanzania

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.