Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? (33535 Views)

How i was able to stop dating women below my standard / Why Do I Keep Dating Women Below My Standard / Should I Take The Risk And Invest In My Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by felixawe(m): 9:43pm On Oct 08, 2022
You may some days eat up your standard... cry who knows tomorrow?

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Tobi3k4(m): 9:44pm On Oct 08, 2022
grin (
GOFRONT:
U never even tell us if una Genotype match or Not!!!!

All the standard you mentioned above, without a Matched Up Genotype, its a waste of standard.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by BABANGBALI: 9:44pm On Oct 08, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

It's posthumous bros
both of them are correct. One is British English, while the other one is American English, I chose to use the American English.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Benwems(m): 9:46pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ebenman:
She is a virgin, I confirmed.

how did you confirm it?
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Starz825(m): 9:46pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ebenman:
We are both AA
You yourself like the girl to the extent say you know her genotype....

You better marry her if you like her ...na your wife be that ...

You are looking for your standard...that one that will never give you one single respect let alone loyalty.....
Her siblings are just two .... no much burden..

Having standard is so common among ladies... that's why they miss out on their Future husbands....

You better grab her...that's your woman

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by AlphaStorm: 9:48pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ehmmah588:
From your write up,you said she's from a poor family Abi??...Oga high standard did it occur to you that she too would have wanted to enter the university but opted for third choice cos of funds??..You said yourself that she's hardworking..Have you asked her how she was able to finish her NCE degree of 4 yrs?? I'm sure if you do you'll discover she alone footed the bills with her teaching job by going for part time studies.....Guy forget that shit of "she's from a poor family" talk. You're an adult so if you're scared of her family demanding from you,clear her now that your cash is yours alone and you can give or choose not to give....

She even be virgin..guy no let me swear for you ooo....marry that girl or you'll share my kinda story of how I lost a good girl

Baba share us d story abeg !!!!

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Bright800(m): 9:51pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ballzproblem2:
he should help the girl , cause na woman ,start from your fellow man before you open your dirty mouth
u wise
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by louken(m): 9:52pm On Oct 08, 2022
JASONjnr:
If she's a good girl and not dependent on your money...Have a secured job and speaks good English.....Have the zeal to learn and wants to upgrade her status...You can work things out...

But if she's adamant and feels entitled and wants to drag you down to her level of childishness..Take a stroll...
Good advice

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by folake4u(f): 9:54pm On Oct 08, 2022
okoroemeka:
I will bet my fresh pot of egusi soup that the lady is not a virgin,believe that you can believe anything,after secondary school 70% of girls are no longer virgins,after higher institution the figure is 95.5%,infact any girl that still remains a virgin after 5-6 years in Nigeria university has factory fault in her pussy.

Lmao. This is an interesting take.
I find it really amusing.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Asour: 9:55pm On Oct 08, 2022
Wealthyonos:
Even your English shows you're not educated. My advice is, 'go back to school'.���

Barring a few spellings his grammar isn't that bad.

Although I wouldn't use some words he used. Just a choice thing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by emmeyen: 9:57pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ebenman:
I meant a lady 3 months ago. After we talked, she began to show interest in me, but she wasn't my standard, so I wasn't feeling the same way.

My standards are:
1. At least she must be a graduate
2. She should be self-sufficient (earning something reasonable)
3. At most 5-6 age difference between us
4. Looking calm and understandable
5. She must be an average-height lady

This lady, in particular, is an NCE holder, working as a teacher, earning little because of her level of education. She is just in her early 20s, and I am almost 8 yrs older than her. She is from a poor background and has 2 other younger siblings. She is also not tall and looks like an average girl.

She is very decent (a virgin) and loyal to me. I have told her severally that she is not my standard and I wasn't interested in her, but she refused to listen and began to feel very insecure. Maybe because I earn well and she knows I will soon get married.

She now comes to my house almost every weekend because I am very accommodating. Recently she has been telling me to delete the pictures of other females friends, in which I asked her on what grounds I should do that.

Note: I don't want to invest in a lady that is not my wife, and I am afraid her family will see me as a rich guy from which her other siblings can benefit if I proceed with her.

Should I block every contact with her, or should I forget about standards and risk and look at the good side?

Please advice

Talking about standards, a man who will open his mouth and talk down a fellow human in the name of "we are not of the same standard" has no standard. Read that again! Na the mumu girl I blame. E be like say you get one small car, na why her brain no dey work well. You have told her off and yet she is still sticking around. You are looking for how to take that her virginity, get her pregnant and then dump her in the name of standards.

You are not even talking about intelligence here or values, I doubt if those things matter to you. What if she gets a job in a good school tomorrow or better still God blesses her and she starts a school of hers? Mr standard, block the girl and rest. Cased closed!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by VoltageDivida(m): 9:57pm On Oct 08, 2022
Sammy101111:
At this ere once a man comment she is a virgin you are big simp for God sake ( can’t you Mumu men wake up ) if you like meet your babe virgin that one no mean say she no go cheat or beep another nigga . Just pray for a good woman

Virgin as nothing to do in Nigeria constitution anymore

Just to give more life to your point.
I once dated this babe who was a virgin and she stayed that way through out our relationship, despite my cajoling her to yield.

Today she's happily married (I hope) but the way we talk on the phone eh, I'm sure she's missing and desiring that thing she refused from me then.
Only God know what will happen when next we meet.

In summary, virginity is overrated!
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Shormiey(m): 9:57pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ehmmah588:
From your write up,you said she's from a poor family Abi??...Oga high standard did it occur to you that she too would have wanted to enter the university but opted for third choice cos of funds??..You said yourself that she's hardworking..Have you asked her how she was able to finish her NCE degree of 4 yrs?? I'm sure if you do you'll discover she alone footed the bills with her teaching job by going for part time studies.....Guy forget that shit of "she's from a poor family" talk. You're an adult so if you're scared of her family demanding from you,clear her now that your cash is yours alone and you can give or choose not to give....

She even be virgin..guy no let me swear for you ooo....marry that girl or you'll share my kinda story of how I lost a good girl
Op this is a legit advise .......

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Asour: 9:57pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ehmmah588:

Definitely NOT as easy as you'll have it seem.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by akwunomy(m): 9:58pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ebenman:
Firstly, I typed with a tiny phone.
Secondly, I typed the content very late.
Thirdly, I never claimed to be a native speaker, so English is not my first language.

I don't mind if you can sponsor me to Oxford University, where you learn English as a native language.

Is unfortunate that people measure intelligent by how accurate your English is…I really like your response…however, relationship is difference by that commitment called marriage…

It is very hard to understand what a lady or a guy will turn out to be when you marry them…but if you can understudy her view on things you care much about…and you can give her a pass mark…then proceed bro…there is more to looking for a mate who meet some criteria…than mere beauty and other primordial fantasies…

3 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Mekanus(m): 9:59pm On Oct 08, 2022
BABANGBALI:
both of them are correct. One is British English, while the other one is American English, I chose to use the American English.
Better learn from your mistake and stop this your ITK.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by viexcey(f): 10:00pm On Oct 08, 2022
Never marry out of pity, it will end in tears and regret.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Asour: 10:01pm On Oct 08, 2022
Sammy101111:
At this ere once a man comment she is a virgin you are big simp for God sake ( can’t you Mumu men wake up ) if you like meet your babe virgin that one no mean say she no go cheat or beep another nigga . Just pray for a good woman

Virgin as nothing to do in Nigeria constitution anymore

While you're right that it doesn't matter much,
IT is a good proxy to assess behaviour though.
ALL proxies have exceptions BUT some are useful.

See it this way:
It is easier for someone who smokes cigarettes to become a social/chain smoker THAN for someone who has never smoked.
N.B. easier doesn't mean impossible just degree.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by frozen70(f): 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ebenman:
I meant a lady 3 months ago. After we talked, she began to show interest in me, but she wasn't my standard, so I wasn't feeling the same way.

My standards are:

This lady, in particular, is an NCE holder, working as a teacher, earning little because of her level of education. She is just in her early 20s, and I am almost 8 yrs older than her. She is from a poor background and has 2 other younger siblings. She is also not tall and looks like an average girl.

She is very decent (a virgin) and loyal to me. I have told her severally that she is not my standard and I wasn't interested in her, but she refused to listen and began to feel very insecure. Maybe because I earn well and she knows I will soon get married.

She now comes to my house almost every weekend because I am very accommodating. Recently she has been telling me to delete the pictures of other females friends, in which I asked her on what grounds I should do that.

Note: I don't want to invest in a lady that is not my wife, and I am afraid her family will see me as a rich guy from which her other siblings can benefit if I proceed with her.

Should I block every contact with her, or should I forget about standards and risk and look at the good side?

Please advice

I think you are too proud and I don't know what you have got that is given you that confidence

You are already sensing that her siblings will start being on you if you marry her

Since you feel you are capable, you shouldn't be afraid of what ways you can help your future in law

You met her as a virgin and an sure you broke her virginity,
Do you know how many temptations she went through before falling into your hands

Anyway, you are about loosing a treasure if you keep looking at standard or no standard

Pick her if you want and if you don't want leave her to go early

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by osazsky(m): 10:03pm On Oct 08, 2022
kelspinall:
boss,call her and tell her now that she has not invest much feelings and let her know that you don't accept, relationship no be force, that's what my ex told me and I had to accept the fact and move on.life is choice and I believe you made your own choice
them don finish all ur sisters sha
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by placeofallure(f): 10:07pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ebenman:
Exactly my thoughts

I pity you if that's exactly your thoughts. You'll let some trolls who had no control over their own life mislead you in life.

First and foremost, women do lower their standards for men if they're in love. Get that belief off of your head that they don't.

Secondly, to ba ri se, ma pe paddy e l'ole. What standard are you talking about? You sound like some pompous, overbearing slave master. Do you know where she's coming from? It's either you like her enough to share or you don't. You already even anticipate her family will be leeches and needy. Some people are poor but they keep their dignity intact.

I won't tell you to marry her, Lord of Standards, if she doesn't merit your aggrandized benchmark or calibre. Just let her know on time so she doesn't invest her priceless emotions where it'll never yield returns.

Good luck to you.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by BABANGBALI: 10:08pm On Oct 08, 2022
Mekanus:
Better learn from your mistake and stop this your ITK.
go jo. You're not current with English sintax and use of grammar
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by cedricksly: 10:12pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ebenman:

My standards are:

Please advice

if I was a lady u will be the very last person I would date... Imagine the nonsense talk, I have also told her severally that she is not my standard blah blah blah... Nonsense talk... Na this ur rude nature and standard go make u finally get married to "regrets"

4 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Asour: 10:13pm On Oct 08, 2022
frozen70:

I think you are too proud and I don't know what you have got that is given you that confidence

You are already sensing that her siblings will start being on you if you marry her

Since you feel you are capable, you shouldn't be afraid of what ways you can help your future in law

You met her as a virgin and an sure you broke her virginity,
Do you know how many temptations she went through before falling into your hands

Anyway, you are about loosing a treasure if you keep looking at standard or no standard

Pick her if you want and if you don't want leave her to go early

That's not a good assessment.

Nigeria is quite a poor country.
Most people are just a sickness away from Poverty.
Expectations of shouldering responsibility by a family just starting out would really limit their quality of life.

I'm all for assistance, I have been helped plenty.
But often, as soon as it becomes an obligation, it's hard to stop.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Kenmatt(m): 10:15pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ebenman:
Firstly, I typed with a tiny phone.
Secondly, I typed the content very late.
Thirdly, I never claimed to be a native speaker, so English is not my first language.

I don't mind if you can sponsor me to Oxford University, where you learn English as a native language.

Shut your mouth! you were here bragging as if you're on top of the World. In your words; "she has NCE and not educated and also earn little" while you could not make just a common sentence, claiming English is not your native language.

Kettle calling Pot black.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Slynation(m): 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ebenman:

My standards are:

Please advice

The truth is that you alone knows what you want, and from all indications you both ain't compactible because you know what you want in a woman...

Do not allow anybody to guilt trip your emotions, because non of them will be there when you get married, and never you marry out of pity, marriage is for better for worst, Yes, the babe is good but if you ain't feeling her, then it's not your fault, the heart always want what it wants...!!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Kenmatt(m): 10:24pm On Oct 08, 2022
BABANGBALI:

American English is not a standardized English grammar in usage.
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by jayjayolajide(m): 10:26pm On Oct 08, 2022
slan87:
Been a virgin doesn't mean she's going to make a good wife, the most important is are you compatible?

Both physically n spiritually, no Nairalander will join you in marriage if you eventually marry each other.

Pls follow this advise.... don't marry on sympath...if she has marrital status...and u too u like her..marry and upgrade her....no perfect man/woman outside

1 Like

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by rickleye: 10:27pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ebenman:

My standards are:

Please advice

You're Stupid Bro!
Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Terror48: 10:27pm On Oct 08, 2022
Wealthyonos:
Even your English shows you're not educated. My advice is, 'go back to school'.���
Peace is never an option,I love vawulence

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by bonnyhope: 10:29pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ebenman:

My standards are:

Please advice

Advantages
I. She is a virgin
2.A teacher, teachers are humble and loyal in raising families
3. She is into you.

Disadvantage
1. From poor family and not earning well, you have to double up your hassle because alot will be on you.

My take: Go ahead and marry her, the merit outweighs the demerit

5 Likes

Re: Should I Forget About My Standard And Take The Risk? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 08, 2022
There is one quality, that a woman can have and
I will overlook most of her flaws.

That quality is...

INTELLIGENCE.

Simply put, intelligence is the ability to solve problems.

If i can find a woman that solves more problems than she creates, then i consider myself lucky.

If we would combine our mental capacities together, our relationship would be able to
Survive any crisis and even thrive.

We would become a Power Couple.

So the number 1 quality i demand from a woman is the ABILITY TO SOLVE PROBLEMS.

I won't compromise on that.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

He Deletes Me Everytime We Have Issues! / Slay Queen In High Heels Shows Her Zanku Skills On The Road / Sex Romp: Is It Magun Or A Case Of Heart Attack?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.