Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. (30255 Views)

ASUU Strike: Why Nigerian Students Can’t Protest Against Buhari Govt – Adeyanju / Ultramodern Schools Built By Governor Zulum In Borno (Photos) / Man Embarrassed As Ibadan School Refused Letting Daughter In Because Of Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by lilfresh96(m): 6:54pm On Oct 08, 2022
It's common here in the North

And even those that know how to speak English don't want to because they are shy or Alfred of being judged by their colleagues. It's so discouraging.

In the North Hausa language is considered as the lingua Franca. And it is degrading educational system undecided

But you will find them to be very intelligent if you speak their language and reason with them

1 Like

Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by klonboi: 6:55pm On Oct 08, 2022
Mirasteel:
I have also seen graduates that can't write properly, some can't even spell some simple words.

I keep saying that English is not a measure of intelligence.

Please take note
Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by ekanx27(m): 6:55pm On Oct 08, 2022
Why will he be embarrassed. Are they not the ones applauding catchment areas for their students when it comes to gaining admission? You want them to learn how to read and write yet you want their cut off marks to be 5% when others are battling for 70 to 80%. I served in the north and there is nothing new about has not being able to read. Somebody them in sss can barely write out their names on a sheets of paper.
Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 08, 2022
No too reason am, i saw many of them, even by the time i was in ss1 out of 50 students only 24 student can't learn how to spell na play them sabi
Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by Hushbingo: 6:56pm On Oct 08, 2022
Hmmm

Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by alpharoyalty: 6:58pm On Oct 08, 2022
Tomorrow they will occupy important and decisive positions in Nigeria. Thanks to nepotism and quota system.
E.g buhari
See how messed up the country is.

1 Like

Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:00pm On Oct 08, 2022
kolarov93:

Na for benue dem dy dump mumu graduate grin
Speaking from experience too
grin grin grin
Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by Awoleesu(m): 7:01pm On Oct 08, 2022
eazyduzit:
I'm a teacher with one of the Government Secondary School schools here in Kaduna s State and I can testify,the case is similar here.
From JSS (now UPPER BASIC School) to SSS ( Senior Secondary School) more most especially (in) the rural areas,(wink you'll hardly see students that can read.
Dem plenty for my school.
Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by klonboi: 7:01pm On Oct 08, 2022
Omihanifa:
It’s a normal thing in the north. Majority of the students can’t read and write. They are only good in Arabic.

It’s an open secret that the north is seriously dragging Nigeria behind in everything. If you have lived in the north before you will understand why am talking about.

You might not be correct, for me I think they are more patriotic to their indigenous languages.

You see on TV where Ukrainians can even speak little English, or is the problem perculiar to Africans alone?

Some European countries won't give you job without speaking their language.
Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by VTJN(m): 7:02pm On Oct 08, 2022
Omihanifa:

The problem is their leaders. ( political and religious). Their leaders don’t tell them the truth. And they keep feeding them with wrong information so that they can continue to ride over them. I’m my area dominated by Hausa, they see it as a sin if a girl that’s not your wife come to visit you. They will just believe it’s sex that’s joining you guys together.
They are right in that aspect of being chase

Their women hardly indulge in prostitution unlike ours down south
Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by BuddhaPalm(m): 7:02pm On Oct 08, 2022
Omihanifa:
It’s a normal thing in the north. Majority of the students can’t read and write. They are only good in Arabic.

It’s an open secret that the north is seriously dragging Nigeria behind in everything. If you have lived in the north before you will understand why am talking about.

And our skull-mining and pharmaceutical brethren are not?
Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by Kog45(m): 7:03pm On Oct 08, 2022
Hmmm,Nigeria education is already messed up and i keep wondering at ASSU demands.Imagine a university student and prospective teacher that cannot speak simple English,cannot write without cancelled her lines.I asked how on earth this lady got NCE and even SSCE.This is a student of one of the second generation universities in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by boldtruthalways: 7:03pm On Oct 08, 2022
And this is the same Zulum they have been hailing to be a wonderful VP if Osibanjo was selected. These people should stop deceiving themselves. Look at the appointments of Buhari, it's still the same North that are occupying critical positions. Its time we get a President that will fix the educational issues in the North. Its actually dragging the nation back. When greater number of our populace are educated, people can't be deceived. Lack of education even basic one is what the terrible politicians are using to enslave the people.
Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by ppogba: 7:03pm On Oct 08, 2022
Reminds me of one NYSC state director who told some of the corps members that they should go and get primary 4 BRIGHTER GRAMMER because of their pathetic situation.

Reminds me of Nasir EL-Rufai"s outcome of the examination conducted for primary school teachers in Kaduna.

Reminds me of Oshiomole"s outcome of examination conducted for primary school teachers in Edo

Reminds me of a JAMB candidate who could only be interviewed in Hausa after writing his exam in Borno state LIVE ON NTA.

Zulum is just being melo-dramatic.

1 Like

Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by lawrenzooo: 7:04pm On Oct 08, 2022
bibianna:
They're students but can't speak English in this country! shocked
Are you surprised? Some of their teachers cannot speak English that's how bad the situation is.
Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by alibiz: 7:05pm On Oct 08, 2022
The Governor knows about it, he is only trying to get sympathy to cash out from FG and international communities.

2 Likes

Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by klonboi: 7:06pm On Oct 08, 2022
Angelfrost:

Okay.... So, what should be the common language of communication across the nation?!! Arabic?!!

If a Chinese, Belgian, and French can commit to learning basic English to ease communication at their foreign jobs, why should that be difficult for a person schooling in his birth nation where that language is the main Lingua franca?!

My dear English was imposed on us because Africans were taken as slaves.

Haven't you noticed that the only countries who's leaders speaks English are those from USA Canada and British ?
Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by Awoleesu(m): 7:07pm On Oct 08, 2022
Zulum, who was, last Thursday, at Malam-Fatori, the headquarters of Abadam Local Government Area, located along the shores of Lake Chad in the northern part of the state, paid a surprise visit to the town’s Central Primary School and carried out an aptitude test on about 100 students at the Junior Secondary School section of the school.

But hold on o...

How did Junior Secondary students end up in a Primary school!?

Government sef sabi read finish... grin
Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by beejay85: 7:07pm On Oct 08, 2022
obyrich:
Peter Obi has a lot of work to do in the North if he wins. These are talents wasting away. God help us.
Pres Goodluck Jonathan burnt millons of $ in the name of almajiri schs....still nada!
The north is very very hard to please..
Immunise their children...u ll be told it ll make their male child sterile grin
Go to school..they ll tell u boko haram...arabic first.

1 Like

Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by ppogba: 7:07pm On Oct 08, 2022
klonboi:

You might not be correct, for me I think they are more patriotic to their indigenous languages.

You see on TV where Ukrainians can even speak little English, or is the problem perculiar to Africans alone?

Some European countries won't give you job without speaking their language.

Have you forgotten that English is the official language in Nigeria?
Perhaps, govt agencies and ministries should adopt arabic when interviewing candidates or maybe WAEC and JAMB should translate all subjects to local languages?

1 Like

Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by madukaanaya(m): 7:07pm On Oct 08, 2022
Forget northerners they are animalls.i can't count how many times we went for interviews when I was there and they rejected us because our names were not abubaka and jafaru.they even gave us offer one time but cancelled it because we christians.their people are not competent but they don't care.you need to live in the north to see their people who are teachers.

1 Like

Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by frog12: 7:09pm On Oct 08, 2022
and this is one of the best GOVERNORS. and a PRESIDENTIAL material? grin grin grin grin

shiorr
Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by ransomed: 7:09pm On Oct 08, 2022
This is what you get when you admit students into JSS 1 with 6 marks while other states admit with 84 marks into Government unity secondary schools in the South.
More embarrassment loading....
Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by klonboi: 7:09pm On Oct 08, 2022
lawrenzooo:

Are you surprised? Some of their teachers cannot speak English that's how bad the situation is.

My brother is not bad, I have chatted with a European professor who can't speak English
Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by frog12: 7:10pm On Oct 08, 2022
na so ooo. he never improve him state, he wan run NIGERIA

boldtruthalways:
And this is the same Zulum they have been hailing to be a wonderful VP if Osibanjo was selected. These people should stop deceiving themselves. Look at the appointments of Buhari, it's still the same North that are occupying critical positions. Its time we get a President that will fix the educational issues in the North. Its actually dragging the nation back. When greater number of our populace are educated, people can't be deceived. Lack of education even basic one is what the terrible politicians are using to enslave the people.
Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by Guyman01: 7:12pm On Oct 08, 2022
eazyduzit:
Like seriously,this Northern children are wizard and brilliant but the foundation is there problem or do I say (priority if getting knowledge).If only their parents give priority to both Western and Islamic education,I tell you this guys will do awesomely well.
Just imagine what a kid from the North who can recite a whole Holy Quaran (written in Arabic) will do if given the support to embrace Western education.....
Just imagine.

You have a valid point here, if they can memorise the Koran they can as well so well in science like Iranians

1 Like

Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by klonboi: 7:12pm On Oct 08, 2022
ppogba:

Have you forgotten that English is the official language in Nigeria?
Perhaps, govt agencies and ministries should adopt arabic when interviewing candidates or maybe WAEC and JAMB should translate all subjects to local languages?

What I'm saying is that it shouldn't be used as a yardstick for intelligence, most indigenous languages in Nigeria has been in existence for centuries before English was birthed.
Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by ppogba: 7:13pm On Oct 08, 2022
klonboi:

My dear English was imposed on us because Africans were taken as slaves.

Haven't you noticed that the only countries who's leaders speaks English are those from USA Canada and British ?

It is totally untrue that English was imposed on us because AFRICANS were taken as slaves.
Rather, the colonialists that colonised the various countries of African imposed their official languages on the various countries. Hence, you see Mali and Ivory coast speaking french, Angola speaking Portuguese etc.

1 Like

Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by Mrbenny001: 7:14pm On Oct 08, 2022
Northern politicians are so shameless...You see them boasting during election period of how much voting block they have...the level of illiteracy over there is overwhelming...go to kebbi, sokoto zamfara...you go see something.
Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by Christistruth00: 7:14pm On Oct 08, 2022
obyrich:
Peter Obi has a lot of work to do in the North if he wins. These are talents wasting away. God help us.

Have you seen or heard the absolutely horrendous Grammar of his IPOB followers?

It is not only the North that needs urgent attention
Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by klonboi: 7:14pm On Oct 08, 2022
ppogba:

It is totally untrue that English was imposed on us because AFRICANS were taken as slaves.
Rather, the colonialists that colonised the various countries of African imposed their official languages on the various countries. Hence, you see Mali and Ivory coast speaking french, Angola speaking Portuguese etc.

We are saying the same thing
Re: Zulum Embarrassed As JSS Students Can’t Write, Read. by Greenfaces: 7:15pm On Oct 08, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:
They prefer to play with bombs
Well... i served in ogun state. Ago-iwoye precisely and most of my students in ss2 and ss3 could not solve addition of fractions. I basically found my self teaching them all of that instead of preparing them for waec.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Admission In Atbu Bauchi / Popular Sayings That Do Not Sound Right / "Lost My Father In 2007, Lost My Mother In 2014, Now A Doctor In 2017". Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.