Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,323 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons - Jobs/Vacancies (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons (56681 Views)

Name The Good/best Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / Worst Companies To Work In Nigeria With Reasons / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by TrueNigerian300: 1:03am On Oct 12, 2022
Simplyfun:
After I finished secondary school, I worked with a Chinese company that produces baby jelly cream at ikeja. This chinese people have no respect for human being in that company. Pay is every two weeks but trust me it is peanut. You will end up using the money to treat yourself in the hospital because of the huge workload they would use you to do. I was young and I need to hustle as a secondary school fresh graduate.

There was a day I have worked so hard and I was tired. I sat down close to the factory to have some rest. While there one of the chinese people came and started shouting at me to get back to work immediately. I told him that he should allow me to rest for a little time that I am tired. Hearing this the chinese man told me that I am fired (Sacked) I was surprised.

I tried to beg him but he said that I should go. When I realized that I can't change his mind. I told him to pay me for the days I have worked. He asked me to wait and went inside. Later he came outside and asked me to follow him to his office. While in his office this Chinese man started accusing me that I stole his phone and before I could a say a word he started slapping me and demanding for his phone. I was shocked, confused, just stood in his office crying.

Few minutes later, the Chinese man called mopol to arrest me. The mopol came and drag me to the factory security post. While the mopols were dragging me i saw the name of one of them and immediately I know he is a Yoruba man. So I communicated to him in Yoruba language. I told him everything that happened; how I told him I was tired and how he sacked me, how I requested for my pay for the days I worked. When I finished talking the mopol just laughed and said that is their trick here oh. The mopol told me that it is because the Chinese man doesn't want to pay me the money that's why he lied that I stole his phone.

While I was in the security post my friends in my area who also work in the factory have gotten hint of was going on outside. May your soul rest in peace my guy (Ikenna) dude and people that know me in my area have already began protesting in the compound. They said they are not working again as well and they must pay me my money or else nobody would be allowed to work.

When the Chinese people saw the craziness that was playing out from my friends. They called me again into their office and pay me my money. My friends also collected their money and that's how we all left this slavery Chinese factory at Ikeja.

This incident happened more than 15years ago. Whenever I look back I just imagine what would have happened to me if I didn't have those friends to fight for me. That's how I would have been sent to prison by a foreigner in my fatherland oh. Honestly, our government need to be going round all establishment and be talking to staff on how their employeer are treating them. There are so many slavery work in this country and people can't come out to talk about them because of fear of losing the job.

I feel like crying for your story...all our leaders who have contributed to the avoidable pains Nigerians go through will not die in peace.
Imagine what a foreigner is doing to us in our own country.It is a shame.
We currently have no country!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Purpleroxxy: 3:16am On Oct 12, 2022
I have information on one of the director of chicken republic. Inbox me if u need this information. I must find you worthy before I give you this information. This is a very sure information...

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by adetola77(m): 3:58am On Oct 12, 2022
cletz991:
Its just too bad ,if only the labour laws in this countryis working. All jobs should have a contract signed by the two parties.Agreement is Agreement

You have spoken well.. The Nigeria govt had failed her citizen even those multinational companies didn't pay they way they pay staff working in developed countries, the fault is from out govt and Nigeria labour law that have been existing in the past 1980's had never been review.

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Segunowolabi: 4:21am On Oct 12, 2022
List of companies day paid their workers badly are mostly @ Ikeja , Oregun Orile and Agbara, companies like;
Drury
Ekosupreme
Big Cola
Wahum
Nicapaco
Aluminy companies in Ikeja and Sango
Staford chemical (then)
Flour miles
Wire and cable company Agbara.
Jaaro shagamu etc
They re all big comp but don't take care of their workers, 75% workforce are casual or contract staff,no entitlement, no medical facility, no canteen for most of d above mentioned. Using our fellow brethren like slaves, humiliate and frustrated some to leave. Alldis re happening due 2 bad governance.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by 2Ways(m): 7:03am On Oct 12, 2022
Davicjoe:

Bro, ur issue trended in all Kaduna branch. Lukman also tormented us in Kaduna. Hope ur bro is now free?

Ooh so you know Lukman.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Sammy07: 7:16am On Oct 12, 2022
Segunowolabi:
List of companies day paid their workers badly are mostly @ Ikeja , Oregun Orile and Agbara, companies like;
Drury
Ekosupreme
Big Cola
Wahum
Nicapaco
Aluminy companies in Ikeja and Sango
Staford chemical (then)
Flour miles
Wire and cable company Agbara.
Jaaro shagamu etc
They re all big comp but don't take care of their workers, 75% workforce are casual or contract staff,no entitlement, no medical facility, no canteen for most of d above mentioned. Using our fellow brethren like slaves, humiliate and frustrated some to leave. Alldis re happening due 2 bad governance.

Gbam
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by plantainbender(m): 7:38am On Oct 12, 2022
Coming from a former top director at Food Concepts, you know shit is real. smiley

IkennaOkongwu:
Chicken Republic
Pie Express
Chop Box
In fact, all Food Concepts PLC companies.

By the time they're done with you, it's already late.

1. They Pay graduates peanuts.(Workload isn't commensurate with Salary.... They're ripping off graduates)
2. Harsh working Conditions.
3. You work 6days in a week with no public holidays.
4. You're not permitted to eat the Restaurant's food( be it wastes or any sort as youd be dismissed instantly)
5. You must develop high blood pressure as you need to explain daily and monthly the decline in sales.
6.14working days leave.
7. High service within the Managers (Area/Regional)

Any of the Managements seeing this, you know i ain't lying.

Shitty Organisation you have there.

Work on your Employees renumeration... Your LTO is bad.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by BanyXchi: 7:45am On Oct 12, 2022
This is not true Sha, Nigerian girls don't sleep with Chinese or Indians lol
Freshgrace4life:
Na money things na , you think say dem go come out side con blow trumpet sey dem dey sleep with Chinese , except we wan dey decieve our selves , even Nigeria managers dem go chop their own too .

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by jericco1(m): 7:45am On Oct 12, 2022
mfm04622:

are you not supposed to sweat for every penny they pay you?

Workers are supposed to exchange their sweat for money!

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Tboymessiah(m): 7:45am On Oct 12, 2022
anochuko01:

Well, look at it from this angle.

You're fresh graduate with zero work experience, yet Tek employes you, trains you for a month, and pays you about 100k monthly.

Tek remains the best place to kick start your tech journey. Just that the unwise ones spend too long there thinking they've found a lifetime job. I spent less than 6 months in Tek because I already planned my exit even before I entered at all.

How the Tek tey dey work I got a young bro as a fresh graduate of 23yrs
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by jericco1(m): 7:46am On Oct 12, 2022
DimIsaac10:

Lolz.
Abeg how much Chicken Republic dey pay dir graduates..

Graduate trainee 45k
Shift manager 55k
Assistant restaurant manager 85-90k
Restaurant manager 120k or so

All depends on the store and sales

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Tboymessiah(m): 7:49am On Oct 12, 2022
spinna:
You're all here shouting bad companies but won't mention how if the company should lose guard you will run it down with laziness, theft and misappropriation

Tomi, na lie u dey lie bcus sey dem make u manager wey no get level

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Tboymessiah(m): 7:58am On Oct 12, 2022
Kingjite:
not all Indian Company,i have been working with one for the past two year and i have alway get my salary on time and the funny thing is instead of paying late the pay before hand and some people are there for five and above years also the worker union there is functional

Na Spa be dat
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by plantainbender(m): 7:58am On Oct 12, 2022
On this thread, IkennaOkongwu is listed as one of the directors of Food Concepts. smiley

Thurmieee:

Very true they are still maliciously persecutingbmy brother since 2021. I posted here on nairaland no help.......

https://www.nairaland.com/6746136/food-concepts-chicken-republic-wants

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Karnice600: 8:02am On Oct 12, 2022
blueAgent:

Hmm!!! Yet some fools want us to believe that Chinese trade and loans to Africa is for our best intrest.

Is it not ironic that most of this bad companies are owned by Chinese,indians, Lebanese and our fellow black Nigerians but the are the worst kind of ppl to work with.

I have not seen anyone complain working for an European or American company.

We are our own worst enemies.
If you Work for indigenous oil servicing firm , you would understand why it hurts to see this multinational foreign oil servicing companies leave.

You see those Western companies, dem dey try at least to align with labour laws from their own countries. They hardly drop their standards, no matter the location they find themselves because a fellow countryman can easily sue them for exploitation.
But a Chinese company will thrive where labour laws are weak. In fact they love it the most. Most illegal miners caught in some Northern states so far are Chinese. That speak volumes.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Josephkabila12: 8:09am On Oct 12, 2022
Genesis Kilimanjaro and some other restaurants

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by VULCAN(m): 8:10am On Oct 12, 2022
Isn't that the company that sells one special vacuum cleaner?

I met the owner over 20yrs ago when he had just set up his office in Surulere.

harqinhola:
PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM KIRBY NIGERIA LIMITED................I BEG YOU IN THE NAME OF CHRIST .
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Shhhh01(f): 8:27am On Oct 12, 2022
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.......This is savage abeg. lol . cheesy
Mimi2006:
Banks in Nigeria are modern day slave trade they can finish someone's youth
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Freshgrace4life(f): 8:30am On Oct 12, 2022
BanyXchi:
This is not true Sha, Nigerian girls don't sleep with Chinese or Indians lol
grin I no follow you argue ..

3 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by BanyXchi: 8:55am On Oct 12, 2022
Have you seen any?
Freshgrace4life:
grin I no follow you argue ..
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Thurmieee: 9:11am On Oct 12, 2022
Davicjoe:

Bro, ur issue trended in all Kaduna branch. Lukman also tormented us in Kaduna. Hope ur bro is now free?
We're still on the matter oh......it's been hard for our family
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by DimIsaac10(m): 9:16am On Oct 12, 2022
jericco1:

Graduate trainee 45k Shift manager 55k Assistant restaurant manager 85-90k Restaurant manager 120k or so
All depends on the store and sales
Nawaoo.

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by ckc(m): 9:21am On Oct 12, 2022
Primusinterpares:
Are you a staff or you are a contract worker?
Contract ke? Was a full time Area Sales Manager before I resigned. Mere talking about it brings back annoying old memories so please don't want to talk about it again. The signs were there....imagine during the induction with the existing staff of the sales team, one of them walked up to me and asked "Are u the guy that came from XYZ company"?
I was like, "Yes".
And he was like, "Why now?"
Before I could respond, he excused himself and went away. It was at that point I knew I had shot myself in the leg by leaving my former lovely company just to answer "manager"

6 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Freshgrace4life(f): 9:44am On Oct 12, 2022
BanyXchi:
Have you seen any?
I don see plenty , are you satisfied now , what gave you the impression that they can't do it here , when we have a lot of them doing it outside for the money, most times they engage in MouthAction , if you have ever been in a situation of job hunting as a lady , you will see & hear so many things , things are really happening even married women are not spared .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by JapaProf: 9:55am On Oct 12, 2022
BePrepared:

What exactly is copywriing
How can one learn it
Copywriting is basically writing/content designed to sell a product or service.

Send an email for private tutorial.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by anochuko01(m): 9:59am On Oct 12, 2022
Tboymessiah:

How the Tek tey dey work I got a young bro as a fresh graduate of 23yrs

Cook a good CV that matches the job that's too be applied for, and apply on their website. They recruit every time.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by BanyXchi: 10:07am On Oct 12, 2022
I'm not talking about oloshos bro,I'm talking about women,employed women,maybe some sleep with Nigerian MDs, but not Chinese and indians,if you hate Nigerian women it's fine but you don't have to lie, and what do you mean by mouth action abeg?
Freshgrace4life:
I don see plenty , are you satisfied now , what gave you the impression that they can't do it here , when we have a lot of them doing it outside for the money, most times they engage in MouthAction , if you have ever been in a situation of job hunting as a lady , you will see & hear so many things , things are really happening even married women are not spared .
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Freshgrace4life(f): 10:38am On Oct 12, 2022
BanyXchi:
I'm not talking about oloshos bro,I'm talking about women,employed women,maybe some sleep with Nigerian MDs, but not Chinese and indians,if you hate Nigerian women it's fine but you don't have to lie, and what do you mean by mouth action abeg?
I no be bro abeg , na wetin i don see na naim I dey talk , I no wan mention any Chinese company name for here , if you like believe , if you like no believe , people wey dey do am dey do am,no capping , which one be hate on Nigeria women ,me sey I be woman ,if you never see something , that wan no mean say the thing no dey happen , abi you join for supervisors wey dey arrange workers for dem ? Na question I ask o , I no follow you fight ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Fisiryorh(m): 10:56am On Oct 12, 2022
Transcorp hotels Calabar...N19,800 salary...8 hours plus (sometimes 10hrs)...6 days a week(sometimes 7 days sef)... ungrateful and uncaring management staff no matter how much effort you put into the job...

Very useless place to work...

2 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Threesha(f): 11:08am On Oct 12, 2022
Freshgrace4life:
Nigerian girls dey see shege, before, during and after unemployment. I think � you should create a thread so the ladies can share their unemployment experience.

3 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Threesha(f): 11:16am On Oct 12, 2022
BanyXchi:
grin You are new to the labor market. Pray you doi meet them.
Indians in
Cash and carry
Spar to name a few, if you like be married toJesus Christ those indians will sleep with you, by hook or crook

Chinese company (name withheld) an interview was scheduled by a very big recruiting firm in Ikeja, they all got there, imagine the Chinese guys telling them the interview will take place in their rooms. Some of the Chinese were gay other were straight.

Nigerians are worst they don't hide it, they state it in clear terms, "You look beautiful, I can give you the job but I will sleep with you".

I recall when I had a CO and I went to meet the lecturer, he wrote the hotel and room number to meet him, because of him I stayed extra years.

NB: Any company that requires you to send your full picture as long as it's not a model job, PICK RACE FAST!

4 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by BanyXchi: 11:23am On Oct 12, 2022
Me self I no follow you fight na, are you from warri ni lol... I'm just asking because I've never seen anything like it before so it's shocking to me, I mean Nigerian men yeah ik that, but Chinese and Indians? And wetin be mouthaction abeg?
Freshgrace4life:
I no be bro abeg , na wetin i don see na naim I dey talk , I no wan mention any Chinese company name for here , if you like believe , if you like no believe , people wey dey do am dey do am,no capping , which one be hate on Nigeria women ,me sey I be woman ,if you never see something , that wan no mean say the thing no dey happen , abi you join for supervisors wey dey arrange workers for dem ? Na question I ask o , I no follow you fight ...

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Sahara Group 2015 Graduate Aptitude Test / New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph / List Of Successful Candidates For Nigeria Police Recruitment 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.