Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons - Jobs/Vacancies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons (56897 Views)

Name The Good/best Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / Worst Companies To Work In Nigeria With Reasons / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by babtoundey(m): 5:50pm On Oct 11, 2022
Private schools; primary and secondary. Working there is synonymous to advance modern slavery.

Make God help me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Parachoko: 5:52pm On Oct 11, 2022
Simplyfun:
After I finished secondary school, I worked with a Chinese company that produces baby jelly cream at ikeja. This chinese people have no respect for human being in that company. Pay is every two weeks but trust me it is peanut. You will end up using the money to treat yourself in the hospital because of the huge workload they would use you to do. I was young and I need to hustle as a secondary school fresh graduate.

There was a day I have worked so hard and I was tired. I sat down close to the factory to have some rest. While there one of the chinese people came and started shouting at me to get back to work immediately. I told him that he should allow me to rest for a little time that I am tired. Hearing this the chinese man told me that I am fired (Sacked) I was surprised.

I tried to beg him but he said that I should go. When I realized that I can't change his mind. I told him to pay me for the days I have worked. He asked me to wait and went inside. Later he came outside and asked me to follow him to his office. While in his office this Chinese man started accusing me that I stole his phone and before I could a say a word he started slapping me and demanding for his phone. I was shocked, confused, just stood in his office crying.

Few minutes later, the Chinese man called mopol to arrest me. The mopol came and drag me to the factory security post. While the mopols were dragging me i saw the name of one of them and immediately I know he is a Yoruba man. So I communicated to him in Yoruba language. I told him everything that happened; how I told him I was tired and how he sacked me, how I requested for my pay for the days I worked. When I finished talking the mopol just laughed and said that is their trick here oh. The mopol told me that it is because the Chinese man doesn't want to pay me the money that's why he lied that I stole his phone.

While I was in the security post my friends in my area who also work in the factory have gotten hint of was going on outside. May your soul rest in peace my guy (Ikenna) dude and people that know me in my area have already began protesting in the compound. They said they are not working again as well and they must pay me my money or else nobody would be allowed to work.

When the Chinese people saw the craziness that was playing out from my friends. They called me again into their office and pay me my money. My friends also collected their money and that's how we all left this slavery Chinese factory at Ikeja.

This incident happened more than 15years ago. Whenever I look back I just imagine what would have happened to me if I didn't have those friends to fight for me. That's how I would have been sent to prison by a foreigner in my fatherland oh. Honestly, our government need to be going round all establishment and be talking to staff on how their employeer are treating them. There are so many slavery work in this country and people can't come out to talk about them because of fear of losing the job.

I don't know why none of the candidates is talking about the Labour laws in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 11, 2022
Simplyfun:
Any India company be it restaurant, hotel, factory. Just Japa immediately. First your salary won't complete and they will make sure you sweat for every penny you earn. Crazy set of human being.

James Hadley Chase says in "The Dead Stay Dumb" that, if you're stuck with a CRAZY Indian you're stuck with something special!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Danlax(f): 5:59pm On Oct 11, 2022
Borntosmoke:
Factory company. THey will squeeze every usefulness out of Ur life out. Especially those Lebanese and Indian company. I will be going to work I will be crying like I'm going to prison.
boss na Lebanese wicked pass....!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Zaynkad: 6:00pm On Oct 11, 2022
Simplyfun:
Most companies that recruit every now and then are mostly yeye company. Once people work a little time they leave. Any company that treat their staff well, trust me nobody will think of leaving the company.

We recruit every now and then because we're expanding.

Is there current vacancy in ur company
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Katcall: 6:04pm On Oct 11, 2022
ckc:
Good products, yes. But staff welfare, take it from me, ZERO! Imagine what made me damn the consequences and take the risk to resign when I was yet to get another job then!
where did you work
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by SugarGirl44(f): 6:05pm On Oct 11, 2022
Mimi2006:
Banks in Nigeria are modern day slave trade they can finish someone's youth

Then you’ve not worked at an insurance company,
Those ones don’t pay salary, only commission.
So if you don’t have any business for the month, you’re not getting one naira.
No pension, medicals or any welfare package.

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:06pm On Oct 11, 2022
TobbieBeecroft:
Tek Experts
* You work your ass off and get paid peanuts compared to the work you do.
* Other companies offering the same job pays about 3x your salary
* They come up with new policies everyweek that makes their staff go insane and get high blood pressure
* There is no salary increase
* There is no public holiday
* It is a new school factory work

B
* They claim that its not their fault but the fault of the government as they are payinh above the minimum wage. (Thats inhuman)
* There is no salary structure, your junior at work may be getting more salary the the senior or even more than the tech lead or manager.
* The country manager is a Nigerian. Na we de do ourself.

But i remember back then because some of my friend in outcess went to teck exp because they pay well there
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Katcall: 6:07pm On Oct 11, 2022
Mimi2006:
in this Nigeria where will someone see 2.6bn from but she was able to raise 1.2bn thanks to all these rich northerners. I remember when one of my friend who is also a banker was asked to get 2bn she was having sleepless nights but luckily for her the GMD of nnpc comes from her mother's village so she was able to beg him
did she sleep with anyone

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Katcall: 6:09pm On Oct 11, 2022
opineflu:
Tasty time worst of the worst places to find your daily bread to say it a nightmare is an understatement.
share your experience
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Itzurboi(m): 6:10pm On Oct 11, 2022
krucifix:

Satan treats humans better than how Indians treat humans especially here in Nigeria, Indians are the worst humans to work under. I served with an Indian company at ota ogun state and I was retained after service but I left just 3 months later voluntarily, I resigned on my own. I think the federal government should send ppl there to investigate the treatment meted on Nigerians by Indians, ppl are really going through hell there. Indians are not humans to work with, they are worst than demons
Lol, maybe the treatment inspired your moniker.... Just 3 months of them applying their cruxification skill on you, you japaed...
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by folake4u(f): 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
cletz991:
the fact is that most Lebanese companies are no good.
Imagine i was passing through a popular road in Benin and i saw a new restaurant opp market Square and the employee of the restaurant were sellimg bread with a table and a chair no umbrella, what of it rains?or too sunny? . Isnt that terrible?Why couldn't the employer build a kiosk for them to properly display the bread and the employee will sell comfortably?

See en, alot of things needs to change o . angry

Hmm.. wetin be the name of the restaurant abeg.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by cletz991(m): 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2022
Reign
folake4u:

Hmm.. wetin be the name of the restaurant abeg.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by folake4u(f): 6:16pm On Oct 11, 2022
cletz991:
Reign

Wow
That new place!!!!! shocked
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by cletz991(m): 6:18pm On Oct 11, 2022
Yep....u live in Benin
folake4u:

Wow
That new place!!!!! shocked
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by saucekid50: 6:25pm On Oct 11, 2022
Vintage100:
I want to get work at Mikano someone wants to assist me to get work their, though for just some six months. How about them? How does Mikano treat their workers? If anyone has clue should enlighten me.

My brother run for your life..that is a prison..they’ll use you and retrench you asap..no caret growth.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Abiliboi: 6:26pm On Oct 11, 2022
Carlcare, NBL it was a bad working experience
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by blueAgent(m): 6:29pm On Oct 11, 2022
QuinModah:
There a thread about sharing experience working with foreign companies in Nigeria

Noted.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by blueAgent(m): 6:29pm On Oct 11, 2022
TheDemola:

Really?

Yes
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by SAMTOBIJU(m): 6:45pm On Oct 11, 2022
emmy512:
PHED
and all nepa branches

All Discos especially if you are a contract staff, na death sentence be that
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by SAMTOBIJU(m): 6:47pm On Oct 11, 2022
ebbo:

But FCT SUBEB is not among them sha.

Oyo state SUBEB is not bad at all. Seyi Makinde is treating them well

1 Like

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Keepingitsimple: 6:49pm On Oct 11, 2022
Baltic Air and Maritime Cargo Services.

Re: Lets expose Companies that Owes Salaries, Discriminates Or Slanders Staff
by pearls336: 10:07am On Sep 14, 2017

Baltic air and maritime cargo services limited located at 7 jere street Abuja.
The man is a tyrant he hires and fires as he likes, 3admin staff in a space of 2 month. You can be sacked for flimsy excuses such as you could not find is tea spoon on time or you could not locate where is special pen is he as a very bad temper maybe because of is height he is very short and he derives joy when be causes is staff pain and suffering.
He onced sacked a staff because he requested for his annual leave which was due to him, he delays salary till the middle of the following month. And you don't close until he closes sometimes 9.30pm 9pm. You would be doing nothing but he just doesn't want you to go home. Saturdays that you are suppose to close 2pm. He would leave the office by 1pm leave is phones and briefcase in the office and not return till 7pm because he knows nobody can close until he is back. Wickedness runs in his blood he would so emotionally abuse you. He also reduces staff salary at will you can start with a salary of 100k after 3month he would cut it down to 60k and tell you if you can't stay you are free to leave.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by plantainbender(m): 6:49pm On Oct 11, 2022
Wait o, you guys are getting me confused. I know for a fact that Lebanese-owned companies top the list when it comes to zero staff welfare in Nigeria; why are the Indians topping the chart on this thread?

Chill. Did I just use 'staff' in the same sentence as Lebanese? *scratch that* They employ 'workers' and NOT 'staff'. *drops mic*

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by mastermaestro(m): 7:02pm On Oct 11, 2022
pocohantas:

I am shocked too. I would have thought they at least give them lunch. Nawa!

Ordinary roadside buka dey give staff food.

The food matter lazy me o. My mum ran a buka for many years and we always had an average of 5 to 6 workers at a time. My mum fed them twice a day with monthly salary o.

How person go dey inside river, you go say make water nor enter him mouth? It's sickening. angry

10 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Teibaba(m): 7:03pm On Oct 11, 2022
Katcall:
did she sleep with anyone

Comrade Vawulence

I sight u
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by eazyduzit: 7:04pm On Oct 11, 2022
solexy4u:
Are you from Kaduna state?? grin grin
Nope,I ain't from Kaduna state but I once work with Kaduna SUBEB and later resign voluntary when I got appointment with Kaduna State Teachers Service Boarding (KTSB).
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Dothans(m): 7:05pm On Oct 11, 2022
Foodconceptsplc:

We recruit every now and then because we're expanding.

See idiot confirming the accusations. Shitty firm pretending to be good. You shall soon go the way of Tantalizer

3 Likes

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by DKM123: 7:09pm On Oct 11, 2022
Globacom.

Very structureless company. A person can be working diligently and efficiently for 10years without salary increment yet someone who got into the company 2-3 years ago will have a salary increment of 100percent only because they are in certain departments.....
I have a senior friend going through this and she is depressed cos she feels she can't resign due to lack of jobs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Katcall: 7:12pm On Oct 11, 2022
folake4u:

Wow That new place!!!!! shocked
what do you do for a living?
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Katcall: 7:14pm On Oct 11, 2022
saucekid50:

My brother run for your life..that is a prison..they’ll use you and retrench you asap..no caret growth.
which branch of mikano have you been?
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Love800(m): 7:27pm On Oct 11, 2022
Cng
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Dothans(m): 7:32pm On Oct 11, 2022
DryMouth:

No vacancy at all.

People hardly ever leave BDC. You go see 60years old man here grin

Please what is BDC?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Free Workforce Past Question And Answer / My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week / 2018 Exxonmobil Recruitment For Engineers (Experienced And Graduate Trainees)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.