Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons (56563 Views)

Name The Good/best Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / Worst Companies To Work In Nigeria With Reasons / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by QuinModah(f): 4:57pm On Oct 11, 2022
Deltafirstson:
Not all India companies are bad
The indians running such companies didn't grow up in Indian. Indians that grow up in their country are the ones that are heartless and those that grow in the western world are superb and would tell you they hate those indians doing sharp practices.

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 11, 2022
Simplyfun:
After I finished secondary school, I worked with a Chinese company that produces baby jelly cream at ikeja. This chinese people have no respect for human being in that company. Pay is every two weeks but trust me it is peanut. You will end up using the money to treat yourself in the hospital because of the huge workload they would use you to do. I was young and I need to hustle as a secondary school fresh graduate.

There was a day I have worked so hard and I was tired. I sat down close to the factory to have some rest. While there one of the chinese people came and started shouting at me to get back to work immediately. I told him that he should allow me to rest for a little time that I am tired. Hearing this the chinese man told me that I am fired (Sacked) I was surprised.

I tried to beg him but he said that I should go. When I realized that I can't change his mind. I told him to pay me for the days I have worked. He asked me to wait and went inside. Later he came outside and asked me to follow him to his office. While in his office this Chinese man started accusing me that I stole his phone and before I could a say a word he started slapping me and demanding for his phone. I was shocked, confused, just stood in his office crying.

Few minutes later, the Chinese man called mopol to arrest me. The mopol came and drag me to the factory security post. While the mopols were dragging me i saw the name of one of them and immediately I know he is a Yoruba man. So I communicated to him in Yoruba language. I told him everything that happened; how I told him I was tired and how he sacked me, how I requested for my pay for the days I worked. When I finished talking the mopol just laughed and said that is their trick here oh. The mopol told me that it is because the Chinese man doesn't want to pay me the money that's why he lied that I stole his phone.

While I was in the security post my friends in my area who also work in the factory have gotten hint of was going on outside. May your soul rest in peace my guy (Ikenna) dude and people that know me in my area have already began protesting in the compound. They said they are not working again as well and they must pay me my money or else nobody would be allowed to work.

When the Chinese people saw the craziness that was playing out from my friends. They called me again into their office and pay me my money. My friends also collected their money and that's how we all left this slavery Chinese factory at Ikeja.

This incident happened more than 15years ago. Whenever I look back I just imagine what would have happened to me if I didn't have those friends to fight for me. That's how I would have been sent to prison by a foreigner in my fatherland oh. Honestly, our government need to be going round all establishment and be talking to staff on how their employeer are treating them. There are so many slavery work in this country and people can't come out to talk about them because of fear of losing the job.

nawao, wetin come kill ikenna nah?
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Fuckjesusandgod: 4:59pm On Oct 11, 2022
Nothing works here in this country. So shameful.

cletz991:
Its just too bad ,if only the labour laws in this countryis working. All jobs should have a contract signed by the two parties.Agreement is Agreement

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by mabea: 4:59pm On Oct 11, 2022
Foodconceptsplc:

We recruit every now and then because we're expanding.
Is that the summary of all the points he raised?
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by ckc(m): 5:02pm On Oct 11, 2022
mkoabiola:

Really
I used to think they av staff welfarism
Good products, yes. But staff welfare, take it from me, ZERO! Imagine what made me damn the consequences and take the risk to resign when I was yet to get another job then!

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by ThePundit14(m): 5:03pm On Oct 11, 2022
Oga. The poster asked you to improve on welfare of your staff and this is all you could come up with it. Sad.

Foodconceptsplc:

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 11, 2022
Mimi2006:
my twin sister worked in a bank and let me tell you it is punishment. She was asked to get a target of 2.6billion naira (yearly). After working for them for 14 years they told her her service is no longer required I remembered she came home crying her eyes out that day.After she has laboured she was only promoted twice.bank work is not for the faint hearted because they can kill someone with work and will be setting unrealistic targets. The manager's will be treating someone anyhow and the management is very tribalistic let me just stop there because if I want to say everything I will not finish typing today
nawao, but was she meeting the 2.6bn target?
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by STILESGANG: 5:08pm On Oct 11, 2022
DryMouth:

No vacancy at all.

People hardly ever leave BDC. You go see 60years old man here grin
what is the full meaning of bdc

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by betshopagent(m): 5:10pm On Oct 11, 2022
Lebanese, Indian and chineese companies especially those ones in festac or at Amuwo odofin industrial estate are death traps.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
OperationalVehi:
If we speak to all those in different companies and they are honest, they will tell you how toxic a work place can be.

But because family must feed and man must not be hungry, they will try and be patient and tolerate the toxicity.

May god bless every man trying to earn a living no matter how hard. May god open way for we that are currently struggling embarassed
amen

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by expatinmalay: 5:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
Unified Payments
Pay Attitude
Hope Bank
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by TheDemola: 5:12pm On Oct 11, 2022
blueAgent:

Worst, 2 wrong set of ppl.

Really?
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by FiverrTutor(m): 5:14pm On Oct 11, 2022
Foodconceptsplc:

Hahahaha see wereh

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Mimi2006(f): 5:15pm On Oct 11, 2022
bukky1994:
nawao, but was she meeting the 2.6bn target?
in this Nigeria where will someone see 2.6bn from but she was able to raise 1.2bn thanks to all these rich northerners. I remember when one of my friend who is also a banker was asked to get 2bn she was having sleepless nights but luckily for her the GMD of nnpc comes from her mother's village so she was able to beg him

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Nyamuri: 5:15pm On Oct 11, 2022
Omo! And as an officer that earns 114k, I'm thinking about resigning

I don borrow sense after going through this thread, indeed u won't know the value of something till u lose it

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 11, 2022
Mimi2006:
in this Nigeria where will someone see 2.6bn from but she was able to raise 1.2bn thanks to all these rich northerners. I remember when one of my friend who is also a banker was asked to get 2bn she was having sleepless nights but luckily for her the GMD of nnpc comes from her mother's village so she was able to beg him
nawao, but 14years no be beans, she try... Thank God I no later work there

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by QuinModah(f): 5:21pm On Oct 11, 2022
DerFuhrer:
Crusader Sterling Pensions. Bunch of people sitting on billions worth of people’s pensions but have no clue. Poor staff welfare, over 40 staff have resigned this year alone. Management encourages unhealthy competition among staff.

New MD is just a stooge of the former MD but without the charm. Very rudimentary man in matters of leadership and administration. Could take years before a staff is confirmed even though it should ideally be after 6 months.

An epitome of a toxic work environment. If you have your pension there I suggest you move to a better pfa as they have no clue what they are doing there.
And they keep running advert in TV and radio. Most valuable pensioner (MVP)

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Deltafirstson(m): 5:21pm On Oct 11, 2022
QuinModah:
The indians running such companies didn't grow up in Indian. Indians that grow up in their country are the ones that are heartless and those that grow in the western world are superb and would tell you they hate those indians doing sharp practices.
Exactly
For my company, some grow up in UK while some in Nigeria here.

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by QuinModah(f): 5:24pm On Oct 11, 2022
cletz991:
Please dont be a BIGOT
Hi probably talking about Precious Paint and his hotels and filling stations run as far as your leg can carry you. The police is in his payroll. The idiot Dayo his brother is an @$$. I no fit type just run far from the company

In addition HardRock hotel. I pity ALL staff working there.

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by SecretSpy666: 5:25pm On Oct 11, 2022
After reading a lot of comments here, I can only say thank you Jesus for helping me. God bless me with a teaching position at a university in California. I work from home in Nigeria and get my $1, 200 dollars at the end of the month with no stress. I work for 32 hours a week.

My advice for those who have a bachelor degree and above: register with Coursera for just 49 dollars and do some professional courses within a month. Create a profile with indeed.com, simplyhired.com or higheredu.com and apply through them for remote works in any part of the world. I work for another university in Europe as part time instructor for $700 dollars a month. I also have a YouTube channel where I upload some of my lecture videos and that one too is bringing something. I feel so bad for many people's experiences here

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by QuinModah(f): 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2022
blueAgent:

Hmm!!! Yet some fools want us to believe that Chinese trade and loans to Africa is for our best intrest.

Is it not ironic that most of this bad companies are owned by Chinese,indians, Lebanese and our fellow black Nigerians but the are the worst kind of ppl to work with.

I have not seen anyone complain working for an European or American company.

We are our own worst enemies.
If you Work for indigenous oil servicing firm , you would understand why it hurts to see this multinational foreign oil servicing companies leave.
There a thread about sharing experience working with foreign companies in Nigeria

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by opineflu(m): 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2022
Tasty time worst of the worst places to find your daily bread to say it a nightmare is an understatement.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by Pickmycall: 5:28pm On Oct 11, 2022
silvermania:
you expanding doesn't mean you treating your staffs well.. most people are there because they have no choice.
The expansion is a franchise.A business person who want to open a fast food restaurant will approach foodconcept and make a deal to use it name.Food concept will be the one managing the business with profit both shared at some percentage.The business person will be the one to finance the business tho.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by QuinModah(f): 5:28pm On Oct 11, 2022
Kingjite:
it is a factory in Asaba the produce plastic
All this factories in Asaba run even government owned factories.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by CALCULUS16: 5:28pm On Oct 11, 2022
ClassicMan202:
Unemployment Ltd... That company employs majority of Nigerians and they don't even pay their workers salary cry
You mean Sapa Unemployment Nigeria Limited cheesy
They have branches Everywhere cheesy

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by cletz991(m): 5:30pm On Oct 11, 2022
quote author=QuinModah post=117474258]Hi probably talking about Precious Paint and his hotels and filling stations run as far as your leg can carry you. The police is in his payroll. The idiot Dayo his brother is an @$$. I no fit type just run far from the company

In addition HardRock hotel. I pity ALL staff working there.[/quote]
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by cletz991(m): 5:32pm On Oct 11, 2022
I understand bro but make e nor generalize .every tribe get wicked and good people
QuinModah:
Hi probably talking about Precious Paint and his hotels and filling stations run as far as your leg can carry you. The police is in his payroll. The idiot Dayo his brother is an @$$. I no fit type just run far from the company

In addition HardRock hotel. I pity ALL staff working there.
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by cletz991(m): 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2022
Abeg which courses drop your youtube handle
SecretSpy666:
After reading a lot of comments here, I can only say thank you Jesus for helping me. God bless me with a teaching position at a university in California. I work from home in Nigeria and get my $1, 200 dollars at the end of the month with no stress. I work for 32 hours a week.

My advice for those who have a bachelor degree and above: register with Coursera for just 49 dollars and do some professional courses within a month. Create a profile with indeed.com, simplyhired.com or higheredu.com and apply through them for remote works in any part of the world. I work for another university in Europe as part time instructor for $700 dollars a month. I also have a YouTube channel where I upload some of my lecture videos and that one too is bringing something. I feel so bad for many people's experiences here
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by judedwriter(m): 5:35pm On Oct 11, 2022
After reading through this post, all I can say is:

Nothing beats self employment!

Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by sniperr007(m): 5:36pm On Oct 11, 2022
Foodconceptsplc:

Or maybe cos people are leaving often
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by ThePundit14(m): 5:44pm On Oct 11, 2022
HMO

QuinModah:
Here's an advise to y'all start your business while working for someone/company. Any company WITHOUT ALL or a FEW of these stated below;
Pension
Leave allowance
13th month
Out station allowance
Overtime allowance
Kindly dust your slippers and run

Just use there to learn and move to the net big thing in your life
Re: Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons by QuinModah(f): 5:45pm On Oct 11, 2022
ckc:
Good products, yes. But staff welfare, take it from me, ZERO! Imagine what made me damn the consequences and take the risk to resign when I was yet to get another job then!
Fact!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

How To Write A Good CV For Fresh Graduate / Sahara Group 2015 Graduate Aptitude Test / New Scam In Town - Lagos & Ph

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51