Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,410 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? (11453 Views)

The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria / Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. / Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? by Bishoptjakes: 2:13pm On Oct 13, 2022
SALES CANVASSERS URGENTLY NEEDED IN LAGOS

Are you Interested in working as a Sales CANVASSER?
Are you sales oriented? If yes, this opportunity is for you.

Responsibilities
• Prospect individual to open & activate showmax account
• Meet and exceed individual weekly and monthly sales target.
• Maintain records of all sales prospects.

Requirements
• 18– 35 years old.
• SSCE minimum qualification.
• 0-2 years experience in sales.

Skills:
• Outstanding sales skills with proven ability to convert prospects into active clients;
• Strong communication;
• Negotiation and interpersonal skills;
• Must possess ability to talk and convince prospects.

Salary - Base pay + commission.

See Interview details below:

Date: Friday 14th October 2022
Time:9am
Venue: 151, Acme Road, opposite APC secretariat, Ogba-Ikeja, Lagos

Re: Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? by bigpicture001: 3:43pm On Oct 13, 2022
VladimirPutiin:
How will much will 40k monthly salary do for you in this Nigerian economy today ?

Infact before the month runs out you would have spent close to that 40k on Transportation and feeding, not to talk of other expenses.

it can do a lot for teenager and person in early twenties...u guyz shld stop talking monry down like its easy and everything cant b bouggt with it

1 Like

Re: Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? by sofeo(m): 3:44pm On Oct 13, 2022
It's the new development.

1 Like

Re: Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? by ednut1(m): 3:46pm On Oct 13, 2022
The jobs are not existent plus they owe salaries for long
Re: Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? by klonboi: 3:47pm On Oct 13, 2022
If everyone becomes a CEO then it's even better as there would be lots of value added to the few ones who are willing to work for them

1 Like

Re: Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? by Mike008(m): 3:49pm On Oct 13, 2022
Somebody wants to work for himself how is that lack of interest in working?
Most jobs especially in the private sector are modern day slavery.

6 Likes

Re: Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? by viodemus: 3:50pm On Oct 13, 2022
For America that year, dem say na too many chiefs, not enough Indians. Indians as in the American indians wey oyibos been meet when dem go america. Every Indian that time dey claim chiefs. One of the reasons they were easily defeated.

The young people are learning from their elders. They see nothing but lucky people with money, not hard workers with money.

The hardest workers that they see with some discipline and great results are the soccer players, musicians, and even actors/actresses. The rest na small effort, big luck (national position, japa success, fraud, robbery, olosho, etc) or rich family connect tins. light work.

Am in my over half of 30s and even those ones just now dey get the reality of life.

We have work to do.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? by Konjiboii: 4:06pm On Oct 13, 2022
Nothing when you talk make 10kobo sense.

1 Like

Re: Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? by Allisgud: 4:15pm On Oct 13, 2022
Vinnie2000:
I Visited a town close to Ughelli in Delta state.

Within 5 mins of walking, I Had passed by 3 Hair Dressing and Make up Outfits with Young teenage Apprentice Girls wearing Customized Uniforms..

Each of dem had 8 or 9 Girls each!... shocked sad

It now dawned on me that Most Young Nigerians (Both Male and Female) from 16-25 years of age NO LONGER WANT SALARY JOBS. sad

During my Time in 2005/2006, All of us were Rushing to Find jobs as Salesboy, SalesGirl, Newspaper Vendor, Pure Water Factory worker, etc..

But now, Young Boys and Girls wants to be OGA AND MADAM..
You often hear even 20yr olds saying 'I Cant do N40000 Jobs, I want to have my own Business, I Cant kill myself for Chicken change, Work na Suffer head'.. undecided

SO IF THIS TREND CONTINUES IN THE FUTURE, WHERE MOST YOUNGLINGS NOW WANTS TO BE A BOSS/ ENTREPRENUER, WHO WILL WORK FOR WHO?

WILL THE EXISTING COMPANIES SEE WORKERS TO EMPLOY

WHY ARE MOST YOUNG PEOPLE NO LONGER INTERESTED IN WORKING?
Please I Need Reasons.

eh with this,there will be need to pay better salary to those who wants to work,I remember those years u mention, anytime am on holiday jss3 till senior waec we always go to factories to queue to be selected to do casual job
Re: Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? by Starz825(m): 4:17pm On Oct 13, 2022
Passionnn:
These young one working as apprentice are keying into the government new vision where it says it can no longer guarantee anyone government jobs at graduation. Even in Delta state,the government has a farcical job creation office. The office periodically sends a few hundred applicants from the million applications to various centres to acquire skills. At the end of training, they are given starter packs just to make a political Statement.
In the first instance, there are no good salaried jobs public or private. Any good salaried job like bank and oil company work is hardly advertised. Even if advertised, it's just for publicity. If you have no referral, forget it. Even the GM has graduate adult children still depending on his income for sustenance and you expect him to consider you? Forget it.
Then, the few jobs like sales boy/girls and pos operators, forget it. You hardly find anyone who can even pay 20k monthly. Only a person still living with their parents can do with that at this current time.
An able-bodied man ought not depend on salary jobs no matter how huge. One day, that job might end. Savings depleted or none at all.
We have been told constantly that the world revolves around entrepreneurship.
Education is important but don't hope it will land you a job. At least not in Nigeria.
A very good write up..very very

1 Like

Re: Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? by Reallife17: 4:17pm On Oct 13, 2022
You don employ the graduates finish?
Things change and we must change with it
Re: Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? by CocoaOla: 4:21pm On Oct 13, 2022
salary job with the inflations in Nigeria

the country should work on double digit inflations

the salary lost its value and still losing its values

1 Like

Re: Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 13, 2022
Vinnie2000:

Within 5 mins of walking, I Had passed by 3 Hair Dressing and Make up Outfits with Young teenage Apprentice Girls wearing Customized Uniforms..

It now dawned on me that Most Young Nigerians (Both Male and Female) from 16-25 years of age NO LONGER WANT SALARY JOBS. sad

During my Time in 2005/2006, All of us were Rushing to Find jobs as Salesboy, SalesGirl, Newspaper Vendor, Pure Water Factory worker, etc..

You often hear even 20yr olds saying 'I Cant do N40000 Jobs, I want to have my own Business, I Cant kill myself for Chicken change, Work na Suffer head'.. undecided

SO IF THIS TREND CONTINUES IN THE FUTURE, WHERE MOST YOUNGLINGS NOW WANTS TO BE A BOSS/ ENTREPRENUER, WHO WILL WORK FOR WHO?

Please I Need Reasons.
Blame it on the unprofessional motivational speakers we have across Nigeria.
Of the 200million citizens, Nigeria has got 120million motivational artist.
Almost Every Nigerian Family has got 3 pastors, & 3 motivational speakers!

4 Likes

Re: Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? by shawante(m): 4:46pm On Oct 13, 2022
Vinnie2000:

Please I Need Reasons.

Boss me i dey interested.. Shey u fit link me up?
Re: Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? by Honchoslim16(m): 4:49pm On Oct 13, 2022
MNDY:

He is good. I'm not quite feeling him tho. Except his joint U-DIGG which I really really love. I can't get enough of that sick jam. And one or two other tracks from THE VOICE AND THE HERO album with Durk.
U-Digg is fye.

Those guys got mad Lyrics....... Crazy bars!

Those guys are good!
Re: Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? by Fuckyoumod: 4:50pm On Oct 13, 2022
Vinnie2000:

Please I Need Reasons.

This is trash..... There are no jobs!
Re: Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? by jojothaiv(m): 4:52pm On Oct 13, 2022
Epositive:
If you have a salary job, post it here and you will be amazed by the number of DMs you'd receive. It's an hoax that people don't want salary jobs. The diversion from salary jobs is due to low availability, not lack of interest. angry
Apt.

1 Like

Re: Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? by pacespot(m): 4:57pm On Oct 13, 2022
If this is true, this is particularly a good trend that others should emulate.
Re: Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? by Karleb(m): 4:59pm On Oct 13, 2022
How old people cry when you reject their 30k slavery job.

@OP Fucck you! angry

Your children will do it.

2 Likes

Re: Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? by Karleb(m): 5:01pm On Oct 13, 2022
bigpicture001:

it can do a lot for teenager and person in early twenties...u guyz shld stop talking monry down like its easy and everything cant b bouggt with it

How many teenagers get paid 40k? Some people don't earn up to that even with M. Sc.

I'm very sure Agbado was in your mouth when you typed this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? by phemmyfour: 5:06pm On Oct 13, 2022
Vinnie2000:

Please I Need Reasons.

So many unemployed youth are out there with no coy to absorb them. We don't even have enough entrepreneur spread across the country. We need more of them to set up businesses and employ these jobless youth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? by Badadvisor: 5:11pm On Oct 13, 2022
RepoMan007:
As long as labour market is saturated with available hands, let bosses keep emerging. What I don't believe in about those small business is that they don't see any need to desaturate a choked up field of business.
How many hair are they making per day? How much can the workers earn each. It serves the madams at best and most times the businesses are front to something deeper.
Ahh agba you know as e dey go.
Smart guy you'll go far cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? by Dididrumz(m): 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2022
aylive02:
[b] That is the level of laziness. Many think it is easier to be an oga but do no[/b]t want to realize that oga also started as a salesboy.

That's a big lie.

Nigerian Youths are ready to work, na work no dey. Everyday I see people looking for jobs, but where are the jobs?

Start a company today and make an announcement of the vacancies in your company and see the 100s of people that will apply.

You guys should stop making it look like Nigerian Youths are lazy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? by Plm11: 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2022
Yes
Re: Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? by CivilzedTyger(m): 5:27pm On Oct 13, 2022
MNDY:

He is good. I'm not quite feeling him tho. Except his joint U-DIGG which I really really love. I can't get enough of that sick jam. And one or two other tracks from THE VOICE AND THE HERO album with Durk.
Bro forget Lil baby good. He has his own style, and he's got his game locked down. Listen to Emotionally scarred, drip too hard, please etc

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AppICS Outsourcing Limited Latest Job Recruitment (11 Positions) / What To Expect At A Driving Job Interview / Post Your Cv's To Diamond Bank.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.