Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,605 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People (16329 Views)

Is Peter Obi’s BREWERY Still Working? / What Is The Difference Between what Tinubu Did With Econet and Obi’s Brewery? / Wike Employs Wife Of Joseph Blankson Who Died After Saving 13 People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by bishopkay: 9:44pm On Oct 16, 2022
gidgiddy:

I think its obvious that Peter Obi meant that 60% of the workers in the Brewery are from Anambra

No company on earth can employ 60% of Anambra's 11 million people.
Of course that's what he means but these useless agbado urchins can keep twisting his words

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by Throwback: 9:49pm On Oct 16, 2022
JAMO84:
You're right, but if it was Tinubu, you probably won't listen to any explanation. Obidients can't take half of what they dish to others.

You know them very well.

Pharisees!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by TriittNG: 6:43am On Oct 17, 2022
Nyamuri:
Omo!! If this guy drop u LAMBA one on one.. no amount of Panadol, Panadol extra and paracetamol can save u
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by TriittNG: 6:44am On Oct 17, 2022
Islandlady:

All hail the King of LAMBA! grin

Obi Pandora A.k.a Him tu lie!
grin

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by anonimi: 6:44am On Oct 17, 2022
darling2222:
Up peter obi

Peter Obi the liar needs to stay down and stop his useless lies upandan jare.

SATANICALLY:
In a 2018 interview, Peter Obi said he invested $20 million in International Breweries on behalf of Anambra state as a governor.

Obi’s claim was in response to questions on economic development, Anambra politics and his presidential ambition.

“… Anambra state is the single-highest shareholder in that facility. I invested in it, over $20 million,” Obi had said.

“It is worth almost $100 [million] today.
That’s what government should do.”

TheCable had previously fact-checked some of the claims.

Chukwuma Soludo, governor of Anambra, also debunked a recent statement ascribed to him regarding the investment.

International Breweries (IB) Plc is a subsidiary of the world’s largest brewer, Anheuser-Busch InBev (AB InBev) — a multinational drink and brewing giant based in Leuven, Belgium.

In its 2021 audited financial statement, the company said it holds 43 percent economic interest in International Breweries Plc, a publicly listed company in Nigeria.

According to a report by The Nation, AB InBev merged its Nigerian operations under a single corporate entity in 2017. It had three indirect Nigerian subsidiaries — International Breweries Plc, Intafact Beverages Limited and Pabod Breweries Limited. SABMiller Nigeria Holdings BV — another subsidiary of AB InBev — was also a major stakeholder in Intafact and Pabod.

ANAMBRA’S INVESTMENT

In a statement made available to TheCable on Tuesday, Ifeatu Onejeme, Anambra’s commissioner of finance, confirmed that Peter Obi’s administration invested the sum of N1,955,535,247.00 (an equivalent of approximately $12,616,356.43 at the then average CBN exchange rate of N155.00/$1) in Intafact Beverages Limited, a green-field brewery set up in Onitsha by SABMiller Breweries of South Africa in 2012.

Onejeme added that the state government still holds 407,321,264 ordinary shares of International Breweries Plc in exchange for the Intafact Beverages Limited investment.

“Based on the NGX closing price of N5.50 as of 20/6/22, these shares were valued at N2,240,266,952 on that date,” the statement reads in part.

“Based on the Central Bank of Nigeria I&E exchange rate of N415.75/US$1.00 on same June 20, 2022, this investment was valued at an equivalent of approximately US$5,388,495.37 (and at N604/$1.00 parallel market rate, only US$3,709,051.24).”

https://www.thecable.ng/revealed-peter-obi-administrations-12-24m-investment-in-international-breweries-now-worth-5-38m/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by DMerciful(m): 6:45am On Oct 17, 2022
60% of the people employed in that facility are Anambrarians. What's so difficult to understand?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by 1x2x3: 6:45am On Oct 17, 2022
Are we this dull in Nigeria? No wonder things are so bad. An indigenous company should employ about 60% of locals then the remaining 40% can be people from other states.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by Myer(m): 6:46am On Oct 17, 2022
Nyamuri:
Omo!! If this guy drop u LAMBA one on one.. no amount of Panadol, Panadol extra and paracetamol can save u

Lool this is actually a disgrace to Anambra people.

10 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by Okoyeebo: 6:47am On Oct 17, 2022
DMerciful:
60% of the people employed in that facility are Anambrarians. What's so difficult to understand?

As someone asked, how does that promote someone who wants to be President of Nigeria?
Obi is a clannish, lying Arrow and his supporters are dumb punks.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by greatiyk4u(m): 6:47am On Oct 17, 2022
60% of Anambra people

60% of Anambran indigenous population

Are they the same?

In an attempt to ridicule Obi, most of you end up making mockery of yourselves

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by DMerciful(m): 6:47am On Oct 17, 2022
He is not the employer but he is telling you the benefit of that company to Anambra prople.
scholes0:

So if 60% of the company workforce come from just one state (Anambra) out of 36… How exactly does making that public advance his course as someone who wants to become the president of a federation like Nigeria?
Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by Throwback: 6:47am On Oct 17, 2022
DMerciful:

Accept he made a gaffe and move on.

No need to dey shalaye if he was comprehensible.

18 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by Cantonese: 6:48am On Oct 17, 2022
Think9ja:
What's with this man and giving falsified figures?

I watched some video clips of Atiku's interactive session with the Northern Elders Forum (NEF) yesterday and I didn't hear him call any useless figures.

He was direct in all what he said.

Obi should not be anything more than the chairman of the National Bureau of Statistics.

Because Atiku has no statistics to give. You can confidently ask him for statistics of 1999 - 2003, because after those years he was out of government business.

Obi gave insight on the stealing of crude by agents of the FG. Have you not seen the results clearly? Are his statistics wrong? Without facts and figures, how can youmake corrections?

Baba emi lo kan does not have figures. All he has are promises of failure, misery and hardship.
Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by DMerciful(m): 6:48am On Oct 17, 2022
Use your head, he did not determine the 60%, its based on the population currently working there. Did you apply there?
Okoyeebo:

As someone asked, how does that promote someone who wants to be President of Nigeria?
Obi is a clannish, lying Arrow and his supporters are dumb punks.
Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by jamace(m): 6:48am On Oct 17, 2022
60% of the employees in the brewery are Anambrarians. APC/PDP Urchins take note.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by Eniitankorede: 6:48am On Oct 17, 2022
This man must be arrested for scamming people. What are Anambranians doing in Lagos if they have employment in a brewery back home. This man is the greatest liar of the century. Peter Obi is a one chance candidate. You elect him at your own peril.

12 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by Bromax: 6:48am On Oct 17, 2022
Reno, try get sense now. Don't just talk because you have been paid to attack a man. The brewery was dead like what we had in PH before but today the brewery is working perfectly. So come back home and verify.

Secondly why I said you don't have sense is PO was refering to 60% of the unemployed and not the total population. Reno do u understand now? Reno leave PO alone now and pray for wisdom to manage ur concubines.
Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by Everfrank(m): 6:49am On Oct 17, 2022
Vixlot:
Brewery I brought to Anambra Employ 60% of Anambra people"- Peter Obi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1S2mkxV3fQ
What he means is that 60% of Anambra people are drunkards courtesy of his brewery.

12 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by Bromax: 6:50am On Oct 17, 2022
Eniitankorede:
This man must be arrested for scamming people. What are Anambranians doing in Lagos if they have employment in a brewery back home. This man is the greatest liar of the century. Peter Obi is a one chance candidate. You elect him at your own peril.

Sharap and get sense. Wetin ur brothers dey do outside ur state as meat sellers?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by ictplotter(m): 6:50am On Oct 17, 2022
Obi is a serial lier and an idiot who just open his mouth and speaks lies, propaganda and fake news.
Obi will be worse than Lie Muhammed if not tame now.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by Okoyeebo: 6:50am On Oct 17, 2022
DMerciful:
Use your head, he did not determine the 60%, its based on the population currently working there. Did you apply there?

60% just from his own state and he wants other states to vote him. You are born stupid.

13 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by GerogeI(m): 6:50am On Oct 17, 2022
Is the problem Peter Obi or your comprehension of English?

The man simply said the brewery employees are 60% Anambrarians. Whats the issue with that?

When did intefact brewery declare a loss so they can't pay tax? Do you have their annual report where there is a loss? Not only are they paying tax, there is a plenthora of suppliers and service companies serving them who are also paying tax.

Incase you are referencing Agbodo economics of converting share price to usd then and now in order to find loss. Heh heh heh!!!, it does not work that way in real life among honest people. Share price has nothing to do with the bottom line profitability of a company.
Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by seguntijan(m): 6:52am On Oct 17, 2022
Can this man just shut up?
You used Anambra state money to invest in a firm you have shares in to boost your personal income and you're still bragging about it.
What's now the worth of the shares?

Igbo people are industrious and hardworking they don't need that job your personal firm gave them. All they need is infrastructures and market to boost their hustle. This PMB realized and he provided Aba in Abia and Alaba in Lagos IPP to assist. This is more useful than the worthless shares you bought for them with the money in a firm that employed most of them as ordinary labor.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by Cmeo(m): 6:52am On Oct 17, 2022
Now I am believing that Reno is a mischievous maker. That word is subjected to a context to which Obi was talking. It might mean 60% of the Anambra brewery staff and not the whole brewery under SAB Miller.

And of course, there are other taxes apart from Income Tax, which businesses pay whether they are making profit or not.

Reno should stop being a mischievous maker and stop misinforming people.
Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by Neddstark: 6:53am On Oct 17, 2022
I think APC should start up a website or social media page highlighting all of the Obi lies. This guy as president after 6 months will claim he has brought 200 million people out of poverty. grin

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by mrjojo: 6:53am On Oct 17, 2022
it such a shame that Reno sitting safely somewhere in uk/Us is always on the prowl , looking for means to propagate and poke holes into anything obi. I am sure Obi doesn't mean the brewery directly employs 60% of the population. The contractors, suppliers, the Peper soup seller. the delivery bus drivers, the waitresses and bar men, the food sellers all around in the brewery, the bus/taxi drivers etc are indirect employees. They all have jobs thanks to the brewery.
Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by Nijablast: 6:54am On Oct 17, 2022
XerXers:
60% of people employed in the brewery are from Anambra, that is what Obi saying but urchins will twist it
Haaa , are you drunk too my brother���

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by naptu2: 6:56am On Oct 17, 2022
Obviously what he meant was that 60% of the workers at the brewery were from Anambra.
Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by ictplotter(m): 6:57am On Oct 17, 2022
Bromax:
Reno, try get sense now. Don't just talk because you have been paid to attack a man. The brewery was dead like what we had in PH before but today the brewery is working perfectly. So come back home and verify.

Secondly why I said you don't have sense is PO was refering to 60% of the unemployed and not the total population. Reno do u understand now? Reno leave PO alone now and pray for wisdom to manage ur concubines.
One ipob terrorist is sighted, If obi brewery employed 60% of unemployed people in Anambra. I wonder what Emeka, Ebuka, Eze etc are all litter n homeless everywhere in lagos?

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by Dchampion65: 6:58am On Oct 17, 2022
By their fruits we shall know them.

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh
Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by Cutehector(m): 6:58am On Oct 17, 2022
1x2x3:
Are we this dull in Nigeria? No wonder things are so bad. An indigenous company should employ about 60% of locals then the remaining 40% can be people from other states.
u dey mind them..
Re: Peter Obi: Brewery I Brought To Anambra Employs 60% Of Anambra People by nedekid: 7:02am On Oct 17, 2022
Islandlady:

All hail the King of LAMBA! grin

Obi Pandora A.k.a Him tu lie!
I think he meant 60% of employed staff are Anambra people. A slip of tongue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

G-5: Tinubu’s Treacherous Political Past Hunting Him, Says Atiku / 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. / Timipre Sylva: Why FG Can’t Continue Fuel Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.