Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,007 members, 7,810,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) (38152 Views)

Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer" / Peter Obi: ‘Obidients’ Are Angry Because They Want Change (Video) / Reuben Abati Supports Tinubu's Statement On Climate Change On Arise TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by BluntCrazeMan: 4:24am On Oct 18, 2022
KGD10:
Tinubu is in his own different league of knowledge. Very high!

I love how Tinubu has been exposing the low intelligence of his haters without lifting a finger.. lol

Tinubu is in different class! The Asiwaju! No one come close!

My first explanation in the previous thread

Tinubu’s Supporters..

You guys still have Three-and-half more months to continue to defend your master.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by BluntCrazeMan: 4:27am On Oct 18, 2022
LegendHero:
He gave the best response to the question.

"How do you prevent a church rat from eating a poisoned holy communion?

We are a poor nation, they say firewood should not be used, they said we need to plant more trees and they are not giving us money. We need to open our eyes and tell the West, if you don't guarantee our finances and work with us to stop this, we are not going to comply with your climate change."

Had there ever been an issue of poisoned holy-communion in all the history of Christianity??

(At-least,, I want to be sure that the “Poisoned” holy communion doesn't exist only inside Tinubu’s leaking brain.)

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by BluntCrazeMan: 4:32am On Oct 18, 2022
He just finished explaining “Rotten to Bad” at Kaduna,, and BOOMMMM...
He dropped another one there-and-then.
He will come out later to start explaining this one again.

Mista-man Tilumpoo..
Stop speaking in parables.
Or else, you will explain taaaya

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:57am On Oct 18, 2022
Softmirror:

HE UNDERSTOOD AND UNDERSTANDS MORE THAN ANYONE IN THE HALL. GO AND ASK THE LATE VENEZUELA'S PRESIDENT WHAT THE UNITED STATES DID TO HIM BECAUSE OF HIS STANDS ON CLIMATE CHANGE. TINUBU IS TOO WISE TO KEEP WHATEVER HE INTENDS DOING TO HIMSELF AND NOT TO THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY.

What a stupid justification of a rubbish talk.
When you engage in activities to protect the climate, you're not doing it for anyone. You're simply doing it to help yourself
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Gozac: 5:06am On Oct 18, 2022
udele1:
Just like Buhari, always looking to the west for money. He will borrow more than buhari for consumption.

This is why Nigeria needs Peter Obi now.

So if the West does not give you money, you will not know that deforestation is not healthy?

And I have noticed that tinubu always uses church to make jokes.

He said if buhari chose the pope as running mate he wont win.

Said speaking in tongues was inherited from Bible.

Now church rat and holy communion.

Can't he use Muslim Koran for illustration and jokes.

If they don't give us money, we will cut all our trees and use it for firewood. What a daft response.

No wonder he advised this government to print more money and they did. Today, inflation is 17years high.

What did u say this man did in lagos again?
He did not do anything in Lagos at all, Fashola worked in Lagos, more over Lagos grew organically. Tinubu doesn't have any thing to offer Nigerians at this time. It's just that Yorubas just want their own to be there so that what OBJ couldn't do for them, BAT can do it for them. BAT's project is nothing but a tribal ideology

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Doyou2019: 5:22am On Oct 18, 2022
SmartPolician:
That analogy didn't make any sense at all!

Who poisoned the Holy Communion?
grin It's am utterly bad use of metaphors.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Doyou2019: 5:25am On Oct 18, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
Tinubu’s Supporters..

You guys still have Three-and-half more months to continue to defend your master.

grin
Awon oniyeye alatenuje. Thiefnu.bu food, will in a matter of months ,be removed from their mouths and they will have no choice but to find legit work to do.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by d1tto(m): 5:27am On Oct 18, 2022
HomoSapiien:
Tinubu is very right on this and here’s why:

According to the United Nations Environment Programme, the entire continent of Africa contributes 2 to 3% of global green house emissions. By contrast, China and America collectively contribute over 40% of the global green house emissions. Nigeria, the largest country in Africa by population contributes less than 1% of global green house emissions. Working on decreasing our carbon emissions is important but even if we decrease it completely, it would have very little to no impact on climate change because we account for less than 1% of emissions.

The China, US, Japan, Brazil, Russia, Canada and Germany account for most of the green house emissions in the world. They need to implement policies to curb their emissions before we can see significant change globally and even then, it'd take years for the changes to become apparent. I do not like Tinubu either but on this point I agree with his sentiment. The burden of change is on the West and not Africa, talk less of Nigeria. Our president should be focused on the issues that affect the everyday life of an average Nigerian.

Building infrastructures, developing strong economic policies, strengthening our financial institutions, tackling insecurity etc. Those should carry far more priority than climate change.

See rubbish a grown educated person is writing.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by HomoSapiien: 5:33am On Oct 18, 2022
d1tto:

See rubbish a grown educated person is writing.

How about you counter the so called rubbish, ungrown youth?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by d1tto(m): 5:35am On Oct 18, 2022
OsunOriginal:

Uncommon intelligence is strange to zombidients. Tinubu is a thinker... he is in his own world. Always speaking in parables.
All zombidients want to hear is someone enumerating problems without proffering any solution. Obi is not different from his followers - dullards

Aren't you ashamed of yourself? Sentiments apart, you no dey feel shame??
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by B2B23: 6:11am On Oct 18, 2022
grin grin grin grin

Tilunbu. Is competing with Ali baba.

What a clown.

So dense can't even respond to simple questions without sounding an uncultured slowpoke.

Those supporting tilunbu should be ashamed of themselves.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Offpoint1: 6:45am On Oct 18, 2022
LegendHero:

We are a poor nation, they say firewood should not be used, they said we need to plant more trees and they are not giving us money. We need to open our eyes and tell the West, if you don't guarantee our finances and work with us to stop this, we are not going to comply with your climate change."
I hate insulting people on/offline, but this stuff you type here is pushing me to the wall of restraints.

West should guarantee you what? When you Fail to comply because the west refuse to ”GIVE” you money, when the disaster come knocking... Who will it affect?

I know we all have a different political candidates to support and defend, but let's not do that at the detriment of our sanity.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:46am On Oct 18, 2022
LegendHero:

It's not a smart move
Osinbajo went to US recently and said the same thing.
He was ignored
If you think you're going to armtwist the West using climate change as a bargaining chip, then it seems you don't know how those guys operate
All they need to do is lay embargo on trading with any country that refuses to commit to climate change and gbam! You get whipped in line
Why do you think even China is committing to climate change
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by angelEmade: 6:50am On Oct 18, 2022
LegendHero:

No sir, his reply is too foolish and petty. What does he mean by 'your climate change'? Climate change is so serious that everyone should start working on means to reduce it's effects internally and not totally rely on foreign aid. It seem as though this man does not have a good understanding of the impending doom. You have Any idea how many properties and businesses were destroyed by flood this year alone? Do you even know what dangers are coming for generations unborn because Africans have decided to play poor on this climate change issue?
It is really very foolish for anyone to see positive agendas on climate change as a western business. It should be our collective business because we are all in it together. If he does not have good plans for internal resolutions on climate change then he is just clueless.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by OsunOriginal: 6:53am On Oct 18, 2022
toneroforever:

Tinubu is seriously embarrassing his supporters. I've read like 4 different,unrelated explanations from 4 different urchins in defense of this blunder.
Bros,u might be enlightened in real life,but trust me Tinubu is making u look stupid in nairaland.

Followers of Obi are gullible and driven by primordial sentiments rather than logic.

Below is what Farooq Kperogi has to say about Tinubu's response.

By Farooq Kperogi

I frankly don’t get what people are mocking in Bola Tinubu’s characterization of climate-change policies for poor countries as “a question of how do you prevent a church rat from eating poisoned Holy Communion.”

Tinubu mere deployed familiar ecclesiastical metaphors to capture the dilemma that developing countries face over the dire existential adjustments that climate change policies require of them.

He used “church rat” to symbolize poor nations (Nigerian English speakers often say “as poor as a church rat” where native English speakers say “as poor as a poor church mouse” to indicate extreme poverty) and “Holy Communion” to acknowledge the desirability of climate-change policies.
But he qualified the “Holy Communion” as “poisoned” to suggest that it’s a bitter pill to swallow.
In other words, climate-change policies are good (i.e., they’re Holy Communion), but they’re injurious (thus, “poisoned”) to “church rats” (i.e., poor nations like Nigeria) in the short term because they require the kinds of self-denying sacrifices (such as stopping the use of firewood to cook, cutting down on manufacturing, etc.) that will hurt to poor nations.

If a church rat eats poisoned Holy Communion it will die, or be seriously sick, in spite of the holiness of the communion.
Tinubu was basically saying he acknowledged that climate-change policies are great but that implementing them will come at a great cost to Nigeria because Nigeria is poor and ill-prepared.

He was expressing a cruder, less direct, more literary version of the sentiments that Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed in November 2015 when he said rich Western nations “with luxury of choices should sharply reduce emissions” and not burden poor nations like India that didn’t create the problem.

“But [climate change] is not of our making,” Modi said. “It is the result of global warming that came from prosperity and progress of an industrial age powered by fossil fuel.”

Farooq Kperogi
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Corporate2020: 7:00am On Oct 18, 2022
StrongandMighty:
Lwkm grin...just imagine who wants to be president of Nigeria and some foolish set of people popular known as urchins or church rats as their master called them are supporting him

Why are you calling your parents names? This looks like a generational curse. When we humiliate you next year at the polls, if you like, take up arms again, the 1967 to 1970 Xmas party will be a child's play. Useless drug pushers and products of baby factory.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by anonimi: 7:21am On Oct 18, 2022
LegendHero:

Very beggarly response from an olodo who loots instead of developing Lagos and the other Yoruba states he controls through education, private sector investments for manufacturing etc.

itubaba001:
Lagos, the commercial hub of Nigeria, has been ranking as one of the worst places to live in the world for the nine straight years, a BusinessDay analysis shows.

Data from the 2019 Global Liveability Index published by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), the world’s leader in global business intelligence, shows the city has been within the range of 137th-139th position out of a total of 140 cities in the world from year 2011-2019.

Last year, Nigeria overtook India as the country with the largest number of people living in extreme poverty, thereby becoming the world capital of poverty, according to the Brookings Institute. This year, the number has risen to 91.6 million from 87 million in June 2018. Every minute, six Nigerians enter the group of extremely poor people, according to the World Poverty Clock.

https://businessday.ng/uncategorized/article/lagos-ranks-amongst-worst-cities-to-live-in-for-nine-straight-years/

MathsChic:
Some days ago, I was at a secondary school in Surulere (across the bridge from the Island) in Lagos for a friend's event where he is educating secondary students about the perils of peer pressure. I honestly wasn't expecting what I saw as the state of this secondary school.
It left me wondering if this was a school or a dump yard. Why in heaven's name are Nigerian leaders looking the other way while the young ones study in this sorry environment?

The attached pictures are what I saw. This is no secondary school. It's a hopeless shanty. I hope this gets to front page and attracts the necessary attention.

pluto04:
fashola-battles-to-justify-lasu-fee-hike

Okay. Not exactly what he said. But that is exactly what he implied. How much is the minimum wage of Lagos state civil servants? He seems to be out of touch and his statements are highly irresponsible!

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/fashola-battles-to-justify-lasu-fee-hike/

Governor Babatunde Fashola battled hard weekend, to justify the astronomical hike in tuition fees recently introduced in Lagos State University, LASU, by the state government. Recall that the state government had increased tuition fees paid in the university from N25,000 to N250,000 per session.

Fashola, who spoke at Government College, Ughelli’s, annual luncheon party in Lagos, said Nigerians were unconsciously making the country one where there would be separate schools for the rich and poor.

According to him, critics of the increment are indirectly calling for a Nigerian society which will be divided into poor university for the poor and rich university for rich people.

He said: “Countries that do not prioritise education are always at the mercy of those who place a high premium on education.

“Where in the world have we seen tuition fee of university of N25,000? You cannot find this anywhere. Even the nations that are developed and wealthy do not give education for N25,000.

“LASU started very well and over the years, the population grew and beyond the available facilities and the school began to deteriorate. We are determined to rescue LASU and we will not make it a school for the poor.

“We are unconsciously making Nigeria a society where there will be a school for the rich and one for the poor.
“Several people in this country pay so much for education abroad while the schools here continue to deteriorate. It is only in the university that the children of the rich and children of the poor can sit in the same classroom.”

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Atlantis585: 7:21am On Oct 18, 2022
Softmirror:

HE UNDERSTOOD AND UNDERSTANDS MORE THAN ANYONE IN THE HALL. GO AND ASK THE LATE VENEZUELA'S PRESIDENT WHAT THE UNITED STATES DID TO HIM BECAUSE OF HIS STANDS ON CLIMATE CHANGE. TINUBU IS TOO WISE TO KEEP WHATEVER HE INTENDS DOING TO HIMSELF AND NOT TO THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY.

You are such an embarrassment to humanity that you make Buhari and Tinubu Einsteins
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Ken4Christ: 7:22am On Oct 18, 2022
perrychemical:

My brother do not allow religion to becloud your natural thinking. Religion is overated in your head, it is not necessary to bring religion to any issue under discussion. Invariably, do not be holy than Jesus Christ.

True Christianity is not a religion. It is a living relationship with a living God. It is a higher life. It is a better life. It is having the God kind of life in you which is far superior to the ordinary human life. It's just that, so many professing believers don't know who they are.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Atlantis585: 7:23am On Oct 18, 2022
politicoNG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pext-oSL3rk

Arewa Interactive Session: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change

Bola Tinubu on climate change:

"How do you prevent a church rat from eating a poisoned holy communion"?

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Atlantis585: 7:24am On Oct 18, 2022
SMH at Amoda Yekini Ogunlere.

What a dumb preeek!

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Bizibi(m): 7:26am On Oct 18, 2022
KGD10:
Tinubu is in his own different league of knowledge. Very high!

I love how Tinubu has been exposing the low intelligence of his haters without lifting a finger.. lol

Tinubu is in different class! The Asiwaju! No one come close!

My first explanation in the previous thread

lolzzz smh....
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Spidermon: 7:29am On Oct 18, 2022
Corridon:
grin grin. Tinubu didn't understand what he was asked about. The man was busy speaking out of point. What an embarrassment.

Actually, I think his analogy makes complete sense in the context of Nigeria's situation on climate change. My opinion.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by anyilalaz: 7:30am On Oct 18, 2022
Tinubu use of term sacred to the christain in his analogy or whats ever is not ok by me. If the reverse is the case and another christain uses same seen as sacred by the muslim, It will definitely generate wide uproar!!!

The election 2023 campaign should be issue based devoid of any ethno-religous sentiments or tantrum!!!
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Successkay12(m): 7:48am On Oct 18, 2022
LegendHero:

Those mumu zombie will not calm to understand but they're ready and happy to believe Obi lamba created international brewery that employs 60% of Anambra people
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by kadreeG7(m): 7:52am On Oct 18, 2022
Aswear, i no like Tinubu but this answer show Tinubu is fully loaded... E be like say i go port go Jababan fah

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Image123(m): 7:53am On Oct 18, 2022
Brilliant answer.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Simplythebest: 7:53am On Oct 18, 2022
What a country of over 200 million people. God abeg may Tinubu never happen to ur innocent children. Amen. Honestly i am really disappointed after listening to this video and i wonder how people still go ahead to support this man, what is their motive or gain to see more than 200 million people suffer. God abeg
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Image123(m): 7:55am On Oct 18, 2022
anyilalaz:
Tinubu use of term sacred to the christain in his analogy or whats ever is not ok by me. If the reverse is the case and another christain uses same seen as sacred by the muslim, It will definitely generate wide uproar!!!

The election 2023 campaign should be issue based devoid of any ethno-religous sentiments or tantrum!!!

What is sacred about a church rat and poisoned bread?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Image123(m): 7:56am On Oct 18, 2022
Simplythebest:
What a country of over 200 million people. God abeg may Tinubu never happen to ur innocent children. Amen. Honestly i am really disappointed after listening to this video and i wonder how people still go ahead to support this man, what is their motive or gain to see more than 200 million people suffer. God abeg

Kindly explain your disappointment and tell us your preferred answer.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 18, 2022
GeneralPula:
A wise response from a wise man..

Whenever you say something sensible, Pandora piggzzz always have a problem comprehending..
could you honestly explain how that answers the question.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Simplythebest: 8:02am On Oct 18, 2022
Didn't u see or hear him say if the west want them to complie with climate change they should give them money or else they should keep their climate change. Pls what do u have to say about it before i continue
Image123:

Kindly explain your disappointment and tell us your preferred answer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Fayose Speaks On Adeyeye’s Defection To APC / Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ / Arise News Dissociates Itself From Election Results Being Circulated Online.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.