Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,741 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) (38167 Views)

Tinubu Responds To Obasanjo's PH Refinery Comments: "You Are Not An Engineer" / Peter Obi: ‘Obidients’ Are Angry Because They Want Change (Video) / Reuben Abati Supports Tinubu's Statement On Climate Change On Arise TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by ufuosman(m): 8:14am On Oct 18, 2022
Corridon:
grin grin. Tinubu didn't understand what he was asked about. The man was busy speaking out of point. What an embarrassment.
D signs of his government. More will come during the campaign

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by ufuosman(m): 8:18am On Oct 18, 2022
udele1:
Just like Buhari, always looking to the west for money. He will borrow more than buhari for consumption.

This is why Nigeria needs Peter Obi now.

So if the West does not give you money, you will not know that deforestation is not healthy?

And I have noticed that tinubu always uses church to make jokes.

He said if buhari chose the pope as running mate he wont win.

Said speaking in tongues was inherited from Bible.

Now church rat and holy communion.

Can't he use Muslim Koran for illustration and jokes.

If they don't give us money, we will cut all our trees and use it for firewood. What a daft response.

No wonder he advised this government to print more money and they did. Today, inflation is 17years high.

What did u say this man did in lagos again?
E channel 80% to income to his pocket grin
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by TheOgaBoss: 8:19am On Oct 18, 2022
LegendHero:
He gave the best response to the question.

"How do you prevent a church rat from eating a poisoned holy communion?

We are a poor nation, they say firewood should not be used, they said we need to plant more trees and they are not giving us money. We need to open our eyes and tell the West, if you don't guarantee our finances and work with us to stop this, we are not going to comply with your climate change."
and that to u is an intelligent question? Nawao. Does climate change only affect the west? When the effect of climate change starts taking toll in the environment like we have seen in recent floods is it the west that will come and take care of ur country for u. U all keep demonstrating why other races look down on the black race as subhumans who can barely take care of their own affairs.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by ufuosman(m): 8:19am On Oct 18, 2022
StrongandMighty:
Lwkm grin...just imagine who wants to be president of Nigeria and some foolish set of people popular known as urchins or church rats as their master called them are supporting him
many of those supporting will still leave him. More talking out of sense is coming
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by ufuosman(m): 8:26am On Oct 18, 2022
Na wa
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by perrychemical: 8:35am On Oct 18, 2022
angelEmade:

No sir, his reply is too foolish and petty. What does he mean by 'your climate change'? Climate change is so serious that everyone should start working on means to reduce it's effects internally and not totally rely on foreign aid. It seem as though this man does not have a good understanding of the impending doom. You have Any idea how many properties and businesses were destroyed by flood this year alone? Do you even know what dangers are coming for generations unborn because Africans have decided to play poor on this climate change issue?
It is really very foolish for anyone to see positive agendas on climate change as a western business. It should be our collective business because we are all in it together. If he does not have good plans for internal resolutions on climate change then he is just clueless.

Please you do not know much.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by perrychemical: 8:41am On Oct 18, 2022
Ken4Christ:

True Christianity is not a religion. It is a living relationship with a living God. It is a higher life. It is a better life. It is having the God kind of life in you which is far superior to the ordinary human life. It's just that, so many professing believers don't know who they are.

The earlier you free yourselves from this religious jingoism the better. You do not need to connect a widely known figurative expression with religion. It shows you are too myopic in your thinking. In fact, you really did not need to always connect your reasoning with religion.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by omojeesu(m): 8:50am On Oct 18, 2022
The Climate Change narrative is a scam!

The goal - Depopulation because "human activities result in high CO2 which increases global warming which causes climate change. Reduce human population, human activities reduce...then problem is solved." - BilydGates & co-globalists travellers in transhumanism & all it's evils..

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by perrychemical: 8:52am On Oct 18, 2022
TheOgaBoss:
and that to u is an intelligent question? Nawao. Does climate change only affect the west? When the effect of climate change starts taking toll in the environment like we have seen in recent floods is it the west that will come and take care of ur country for u. U all keep demonstrating why other races look down on the black race as subhumans who can barely take care of their own affairs.

Please, when people that knows about science and developmental policies talk, we should listen clearly and digest whatever they say. The meaning is that we are not responsible for climate change. If I may ask you, what do you think is your daily emission per capital? The fact is that, we are already poor in Africa with low access to energy resources, and manufacturing. The developed countries must help Africa to develop clean technology, if they must abide by their protocols and carbon reduction policies. There are a lot of politics involved in this. If carbon trading can be intensified, maybe some industries might relocate to Africa from the west. They know the kind of policies direction that will favour the less polluters, but they refused to implement it.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by perrychemical: 9:01am On Oct 18, 2022
ufuosman:
many of those supporting will still leave him. More talking out of sense is coming

I am not supporting any candidate whatsoever, and I hardly comment on this forum. I just want to give you a good advice that would be very relevant in making decision in life. Please, try and improve your understanding. Get wisdom by filtering premises sunrounding any assertion. If you can do that always, you will not make wrong decision through your emotions.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by sircatherine45(m): 9:20am On Oct 18, 2022
KGD10:

Your Unintelligible self don't know "as poor as the church rat" idioms? Elementary pupil know this.

Bunch of dumbbbbb miscreantsss.

Y'all don't understand Tinubu's idiom, even after he made short explanation? I swear Tinubu is far ahead of you Dumbbbbb guys.

Let me explain it explicitly for you Dumbos

Church rats means the poor people while poisoned holy communion means the air pollution that causes climate change. Hence Tinubu simply said you can't ask the church rats (poor people) to totally avoid causes of climate change hence the developed countries should also help out. He even gave a short explanation yet unintelligible people still couldn't understand Tinubu's 'rema'

When I said Tinubu is in his own League of high knowledge, y'all thought I was joking.

Calling someone dumbo doesn't justify your long ranting here.

Why waiting for funds from the West, when we can start something here? Every time west this, west that!

Ah ah!!!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by profmallor: 9:20am On Oct 18, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/7388692/tinubus-church-rat-reference-climate
read through this.

CheapHomes1:

What exactly is the intelligence here? Can you explain what church rat and communion have got to do with climate change?
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by 7arrows: 9:21am On Oct 18, 2022
politicoNG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pext-oSL3rk

Arewa Interactive Session: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change

Bola Tinubu on climate change:

"How do you prevent a church rat from eating a poisoned holy communion"?

I watched his speech it was totally pointless and baseless. No sense in it. Na old age dey worry this man o. Dementia rolling in.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by dulphines: 9:42am On Oct 18, 2022
Who will poison a communion?
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 18, 2022
LegendHero:

Lol, how do we finance stopping people in the villages from burning firewood and planting new trees with the magnitude of loan and expenditure on our neck?

How many carbon are we burning in Nigeria and where are the industries releasing all those chemicals into the atmosphere?

You expect Tinubu to just give commitment to pander to the West, even when Peter Obi was asked that same question he clearly said he dosenr understand what climate change is.

Even the West themselves know Africa need help with funding if we are to embark on reforms that will bring about climate change. See below Reuters report.

How do you tell everyone turning on generators in the night that they must not turn on generators because of the excess carbon released without providing electricity? Don’t be daft and understand the dire situation we are in.

How do you tell us to reduce burning hydrocarbon when almost 90% of our revenue comes from the same. You are just as dumb as your Obi Pandora GCE candidate.

I'm only putting this down here to correct your myopic perception that everyone who counters Tinubu's obvious ineptitude is pandering to Peter Obi's political interests. I am not. To be honest even, I'm yet to decide on who to vote for because the arrowheads as regards this presidential seat, are yet to convincingly tell the electorates how they intend to fix Nigeria's problems. I do not give my loyalty based on emotions or any form of sentiments.

Howbeit, I still put it to you that in the course of this dicourse, you have blatantly shown your inability to reason. Whatever explanations you put up do not justify your principal's response. Resorting to subtle threats as a reaction to an issue of international concern, is a stark display of crudeness, systematic illiteracy and an unbridled "toutish" disposition.

And what I even find more disappointing is your rapt willingness to defend even things that reek of total absurdity simply because you're trying to show loyalty to a course. For a man, you're shamelessly acting like a bull being led by the nose to the slaughter.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by rickleye: 10:54am On Oct 18, 2022
Softmirror:

HE UNDERSTOOD AND UNDERSTANDS MORE THAN ANYONE IN THE HALL. GO AND ASK THE LATE VENEZUELA'S PRESIDENT WHAT THE UNITED STATES DID TO HIM BECAUSE OF HIS STANDS ON CLIMATE CHANGE. TINUBU IS TOO WISE TO KEEP WHATEVER HE INTENDS DOING TO HIMSELF AND NOT TO THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY.

Why shouting in caps ?
Plus how can he go and ask a dead person ( why not post the link here �‍♀️)
It’s only in Nigeria, that you have the answer to a problem yet he keeps it to himself. It’s because he doesn’t have the answer.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by SenatorInNigeria(m): 11:15am On Oct 18, 2022
Abeg respect Christianity, you are a Muslim and I don't see any correlation between anything you are spitting..

Thrash
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by TheSameGuy(m): 11:21am On Oct 18, 2022
Dey use your head think, not anus angry
Corridon:
grin grin. Tinubu didn't understand what he was asked about. The man was busy speaking out of point. What an embarrassment.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by TheSameGuy(m): 11:21am On Oct 18, 2022
His wife is a Christian and a Pastor
SenatorInNigeria:
Abeg respect Christianity, you are a Muslim and I don't see any correlation between anything you are spitting..

Thrash
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by TheSameGuy(m): 11:23am On Oct 18, 2022
To your last question, he made your brethren run to Lagos in multitude in search of Greener pasture
udele1:
Just like Buhari, always looking to the west for money. He will borrow more than buhari for consumption.

This is why Nigeria needs Peter Obi now.

So if the West does not give you money, you will not know that deforestation is not healthy?

And I have noticed that tinubu always uses church to make jokes.

He said if buhari chose the pope as running mate he wont win.

Said speaking in tongues was inherited from Bible.

Now church rat and holy communion.

Can't he use Muslim Koran for illustration and jokes.

If they don't give us money, we will cut all our trees and use it for firewood. What a daft response.

No wonder he advised this government to print more money and they did. Today, inflation is 17years high.

What did u say this man did in lagos again?
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Image123(m): 11:35am On Oct 18, 2022
Simplythebest:
Didn't u see or hear him say if the west want them to complie with climate change they should give them money or else they should keep their climate change. Pls what do u have to say about it before i continue

He is very correct. For someone who can barely spell "comply", you should not be so quick to discard or disregard others.
Do you understand the demands of the West on climate change? The West wants everyone to stop burning fuel and use up less carbon, not increase greenhouse gases. This is not even totally practicable in the West, not to talk of poor countries that depend on burning fuel 100%. So if the rich West wants to save the world, they need to care about the people in it too.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by blueghost(m): 12:20pm On Oct 18, 2022
Very Dark Metaphor
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by LegendHero(m): 12:49pm On Oct 18, 2022
Buddha3:

I'm only putting this down here to correct your myopic perception that everyone who counters Tinubu's obvious ineptitude is pandering to Peter Obi's political interests. I am not. To be honest even, I'm yet to decide on who to vote for because the arrowheads as regards this presidential seat, are yet to convincingly tell the electorates how they intend to fix Nigeria's problems. I do not give my loyalty based on emotions or any form of sentiments.

Howbeit, I still put it to you that in the course of this dicourse, you have blatantly shown your inability to reason. Whatever explanations you put up do not justify your principal's response. Resorting to subtle threats as a reaction to an issue of international concern, is a stark display of crudeness, systematic illiteracy and an unbridled "toutish" disposition.

And what I even find more disappointing is your rapt willingness to defend even things that reek of total absurdity simply because you're trying to show loyalty to a course. For a man, you're shamelessly acting like a bull being led by the nose to the slaughter.

Go and read Farooq Kperogi analysis of the statement by Tinubu. I just saw it on front page of Nairaland today and you will see that it is exactly the same as what I explained.

Mind you, Farooq Kperogi is a known critic of Tinubu.

Most of you Nigerians just follow bandwagon and never think about new approach to things. It’s just dummy mentality.

India president mentioned that exact same reason Tinubu gave when he was speaking to the West about climate change. He told the West that their country is poor and they do not have those mega industries that contribute to climate problem. So how do you expect them to follow the rules of climate change laid down by the west?

How can you say Nigeria should reduce hydrocarbon burning? How do we survive if we do that when all our revenue depend on that? How do you tell extremely poor people in the rural areas to not burn wood to cook? How do you tell people to stop putting on generator because it Emit some carbon mixed with Oxygen?

I cannot defend everything Tinubu says because he’s human and can be prone to mistake, but on this he is extremely right!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by LegendHero(m): 12:52pm On Oct 18, 2022
TheOgaBoss:

Have you read the rules laid down by the West on how countries need to comply to climate change? Go and read it and come back here to tell me where Nigeria will get the finances to implement that.

Except if we are going to chart our own enforceable rule here as a government which can at least conform to the general rule only for what is possible within our finances.

How many people can even afford electric cars in Nigeria for instance? So what do you do to emission from cars?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Everlastingson: 1:28pm On Oct 18, 2022
KGD10:

Your Unintelligible self don't know "as poor as the church rat" idioms? Elementary pupil know this.

Bunch of dumbbbbb miscreantsss.

Y'all don't understand Tinubu's idiom, even after he made short explanation? I swear Tinubu is far ahead of you Dumbbbbb guys.

Let me explain it explicitly for you Dumbos

Church rats means the poor people while poisoned holy communion means the air pollution that causes climate change. Hence Tinubu simply said you can't ask the church rats (poor people) to totally avoid causes of climate change hence the developed countries should also help out. He even gave a short explanation yet unintelligible people still couldn't understand Tinubu's 'rema'

When I said Tinubu is in his own League of high knowledge, y'all thought I was joking.

Are there no rats in mosques? Blind Islamic head slammer. Hypocrite!
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by SweetDipBenny(m): 1:42pm On Oct 18, 2022
owobokiri:
There is a foundamental disconnect between Tinupoos Brain and his mouth..
It's like his mind and d words comin out his fvckin mouth r havin misunderstanding

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Fujiyama: 1:57pm On Oct 18, 2022
tyinfinity:
All these aspirants are too old .peter obi is over sixty which is official retirement age in Nigeria.Atiku and Tinubu also.But I think Asiwaju is beter

^^
cheesy

You have nothing to say about the question and his response?
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Fujiyama: 2:01pm On Oct 18, 2022
lovinagbad:
You referring to an Accountant as something does not know what climate change is. Do you realise he graduated with high honors. I pity u

^^^
cheesy

Nonsense!
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Fujiyama: 2:02pm On Oct 18, 2022
OGHENAOGIE:
tinubu is sound

^^^
No he isn't.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by anyilalaz: 2:37pm On Oct 18, 2022
Image123:

What is sacred about a church rat and poisoned bread?

It may mean nothing for you but for some, it does!!!
Do you remember the brouhaha that was witness when some LP supporters printed the face and name of Peter Obi and Labour Party on the praying mat of Muslim?

Common sense demands respecting others religous values!!!
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Image123(m): 2:42pm On Oct 18, 2022
anyilalaz:

It may mean nothing for you but for some, it does!!!
Do you remember the brouhaha that was witness when some LP supporters printed the face and name of Peter Obi and Labour Party on the praying mat of Muslim?

Common sense demands respecting others religous values!!!

If church rat and poisoned bread means so much to you, that's unfortunate. It doesn't mean anything to the body of Christ or to Christ Jesus. Church rat is of no religious value.
Re: Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video) by Fujiyama: 3:13pm On Oct 18, 2022
If the man is going to mangle idioms in a foreign language he should at the very least get them right to begin with.

The idiom says "as poor as a church mouse". Rats not included. We are ten pages on this topic and BAT's goons have conveniently ignored this.

Regrettably, we have yet again another word salad from Mr Bola Ahmed Tinubu to entertain and mortify - in equal measure.

The man is manufacturing his own idioms now. Instead of telling the electorate his plans (or lack thereof) for Nigeria the man is wasting voters time with pointless explanations of the mumbo jumbo he now pours out with alarming frequency.

We don't have time for this. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Amotekun: Malami Denies Outlawing Security Outfit, Claims Misinterpretation / Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault / FFK To Ooni: Forgive Sunday Igboho. He Is Sorry For Saying You Are Fulani Slave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.