Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,561 members, 7,955,081 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:28 PM

Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN (19840 Views)

Who Is The Sexiest In Nollywood? / Cnn Just Ranked Nigerian Accent Fifth Sexiest In The World . / Sexiest In Nollywood Award On Vanguard Newspaper. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by babyboy3(m): 10:31pm On Aug 18, 2011
Even in in America and Uk that we have American accent and British accent, you still get different accents from each country when you go into details.

Your right but (for example in England) you wont call someone with a Geordie (Newcastle) or Scouse (Liverpool) accent an English accent! unless you are up for some beating

the way Nigerian girls based in Britain speak makes me want to puke

South London accent among black girls sounds disgusting and local
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Natasha2(f): 10:33pm On Aug 18, 2011
pleep:

^nooooo Nigerian girls speak too loud  tongue and the way they say stomach is cringe inducing.  grin
lolz not me anyways cheesy
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Kunbee: 10:33pm On Aug 18, 2011
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 18, 2011
is this for reaL  angry
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Sike(m): 10:36pm On Aug 18, 2011
Dat Mins I can speak my tongue anyhow anywhere 2 cause comotion. U know worai min? Chai!!
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 18, 2011
I find Spanish and Italian accent too patronising. Cameroonian accent is also nice, even though I'm not from Cameroon. French is the best, when French girls speak, you just wanna grab them and kiss them, Czech too, hmmmmmm.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by pleep(m): 10:47pm On Aug 18, 2011
french accent on girls is just incredible. . .
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by LoveKing(m): 11:11pm On Aug 18, 2011
so in essence they are saying nigeria's sexy accent is as a result of yahoo yahoo industry.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by amblors(m): 11:12pm On Aug 18, 2011
@OP
hilarious but Nigeria has got no single accent, all tribes have their own accents.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by BABE3: 11:16pm On Aug 18, 2011
I wouldn't describe Nigerian accent(s) as sexy. I don't even think those CNN people know what sexy means. But then again, the word 'sexy' is subjective.

Most of us celebrating the victory of seeing our country's name on the list, are even confused sef. grin We should ask ourselves, WHY NIGERIA? Is it because we are the most populous? When AFRICANS talk to "foreigners", don't we all sound alike? undecided What's the elaborate difference? Africans sound like Africans.

That was how "they" inserted President Goodluck Jonathan's Picture (as number 34) on the list of Hottest presidents. What a joke! grin
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by pleep(m): 11:19pm On Aug 18, 2011
angry ? Nigerians have nice accents, or atleast white girls think so. So why the argument?
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by BABE3: 11:22pm On Aug 18, 2011
pleep:

angry ? Nigerians have nice accents, or atleast white girls think so. So why the argument?

If you were referring to my post:

Who's arguing? Yes, we have nice accent(s), but which one is sexy again?
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by dabrake(m): 11:23pm On Aug 18, 2011
Wia is d american wannabe country(ghana)? Btw, wad can FOKN BOIS say about this?
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by pleep(m): 11:25pm On Aug 18, 2011
BABE!:

If you were referring to my post:

Who's arguing? Yes, we have nice accent(s), but which one is sexy again?

haha well [i]they [/i]think it is. And they think the world revolves around them, so who are we to argue? tongue
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 18, 2011
@ Babe, why you so negative?
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by BABE3: 11:32pm On Aug 18, 2011
obo_man:

@ Babe, why you so negative?

HA! Egbami! Negative on this thread or on NL generally?

pleep:

haha well [i]they [/i]think it is. And they think the world revolves around them, so who are we to argue? tongue

Who's arguing se? I'm not arguing with no one. I just don't agree with the Okrika list. Kapish.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 18, 2011
This article says something quite positive about Nigeria, that our accent is good, which I think we should be glad about. I hate it when we travel abroad and try to forcefully sound like white people, which to me is a form of inferiority complex'.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by pleep(m): 11:36pm On Aug 18, 2011
^ Exactly! they always sound awefull. I think this is great news.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Anvaller: 11:45pm On Aug 18, 2011
Its difficult to conclude.

I have seen these white folks saying naija accent sounds cute so many times. I know some guys who speaks a kind of village naija accent and all these white chicks like the way they speak. It was surprising but now  I am used to it.

I just want ppl to realize that what is cute or beautiful or sexy in white dude's perspective is almost opposite of what a typical African (Nigerian) considers cute/beautiful/sexy. What is exotic to us is garbage to them and what is garbage to them is exotic to us.

They wanna stay in the sun and darken their skin as much as possible, it is considered as a sign of good living when u have enough time to holiday and relax till u get ur skin tanned. But in Naija, the reverse is considered as sign of good living. This is just a typical example out of many.

Bare that in mind.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by BABE3: 11:47pm On Aug 18, 2011
obo_man:

This article says something quite positive about Nigeria, that our accent is good, which I think we should be glad about. I hate it when we travel abroad and try to forcefully sound like white people, which to me is a form of inferiority complex'.  

I should be glad? **smh** They never said our accent was good btw. They said it is Sexy. Big diff.

Who are the "we" that travel abroad and fake accents? Well, I don't see anything wrong in "faking" accents sef. As much as I dislike American accent(s), I still fake it sometimes (Don't worry, I sound good grin).  Kini big deal. Inferiority complex ko, Superiority duplex ni.

If a British man travels to Nigeria, and try to forcefully sound like Nigerians, you'll still call it Inferiority complex?  If you hear an American babe in Nigeria blowing 9ja accent, won't you be fascinated? Abeg cut the BS jo.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 11:52pm On Aug 18, 2011
@babe, I said you negative because you said it's because we the most populous( we all over the world). Indians, Chinese, Caribbeans also travel a lot but weren't in the list. And @' Africans  sound alike' , would you say Jonathan's accent is the same as Jacob Zuma's accent? I  agree with you to some extent that we share regional accent with our West African Neighbours like Sierra-Leone, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Benin and even Cameroon.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by mithel(m): 11:54pm On Aug 18, 2011
BABE!:

I wouldn't describe Nigerian accent(s) as sexy. I don't even think those CNN people know what sexy means. But then again, the word 'sexy' is subjective.

Most of us celebrating the victory of seeing our country's name on the list, are even confused sef. grin We should ask ourselves, WHY NIGERIA? Is it because we are the most populous? When AFRICANS talk to "foreigners", don't we all sound alike? undecided What's the elaborate difference? Africans sound like Africans.

That was how "they" inserted President Goodluck Jonathan's Picture (as number 34) on the list of Hottest presidents. What a joke! grin

i think thats a big lie,there is a difference between when a kenyan,rwandan,kenyan,zimbabwean,n the rest talks compared to when a nigerian talks.t a joke! grin[/color]
[quote][/quote]

i think thats a big lie,there is a difference between when a kenyan,rwandan,kenyan,zimbabwean,n the rest talks compared to when a nigerian talks.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 18, 2011
obo_man:

yes, you have to! atleast for communication reasons, do you think they understand our accent that easily
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by emmatok(m): 11:56pm On Aug 18, 2011
BABE!:

I should be glad? **smh** They never said our accent was good btw. They said it is Sexy. Big diff.

Who are the "we" that travel abroad and fake accents? Well, I don't see anything wrong in "faking" accents sef. As much as I dislike American accent(s), I still fake it sometimes (Don't worry, I sound good grin).  Kini big deal. Inferiority complex ko, Superiority duplex ni.

If a British man travels to Nigeria, and try to forcefully sound like Nigerians, you'll still call it Inferiority complex?  If you hear an American in Nigeria blowing 9ja accent, won't you be fascinated? Abeg cut the BS jo.

Actually Nigerian accent is sexy and cool when spoken  softly.

Listen to how Lagos boys(Igbo, Yoruba and others) yarns,

They have a way of mixing, English, pidgin, Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa in one sentence.

e.g Omo Apia i dey go home joor. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by BABE3: 11:58pm On Aug 18, 2011
obo_man:

@babe, I said you negative because you said it's because we the most populous( we all over the world). Indians, Chinese, Caribbeans also travel a lot but weren't in the list. And @' Africans  sound alike' , would you say Jonathan's accent is the same as Jacob Zuma's accent? I  agree with you to some extent that we share regional accent with our West African Neighbours like Sierra-Leone, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Benin and even Cameroon.

Opps! It's all mis-communication's fault hun.  smiley I meant populous, asin most populous in AFRICA; not all over the word.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Xionez(m): 11:58pm On Aug 18, 2011
@topic
Nigerian Accent 5th sexiest, YEAAHH RIGHT!!!!
cheesy cheesy
How are they sure that Omotola and Sunny Ade arent forming accent in the first place. Granted, Funmi Oke accent is really seskeysmiley, but someone like OBJ and all those regulars for Foreign Embassy?, abeg joor. The best thing would have been to ask the Interviewers in those Embassy if they find their accents sexy, that way you will catch their manner of speaking while its still raw and untainted with efiko!

P.S. Drop one plate of poundo with one special native soup of their choice and then tell me if their accents wouldnt change.
Enough said.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 19, 2011
@babe, so what happened, i tout you said u fancied me? embarassed
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 19, 2011
For those saying nothing like Nigerian accent because of the different ethnicity present in the country. Is this not how normal Nigerians talk. . .If you talk any different than this, in your next life tell your parents to send you to a better school and stop razzing yourself about. grin grin grin

[flash=425,355]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usiWjyRWlkk?version=3[/flash]
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by BABE3: 12:04am On Aug 19, 2011
mithel:

i think thats a big lie,there is a difference between when a kenyan,rwandan,kenyan,zimbabwean,n the rest talks compared to when a nigerian talks.t a joke!   grin

You can't deny the fact that there's this "AFRICANess" in all our accents. Me, I still don't know what makes my country's accent(s) so special and sexy.

emmatok:

Actually Nigerian accent is sexy and cool when spoken  softly.

Listen to how Lagos boys(Igbo, Yoruba and others) yarns,

They have a way of mixing, English, pidgin, Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa in one sentence.

e.g Omo Apia i dey go home joor. grin grin grin

LOL--- @ when spoken softly.

I don't mean to be redundant, but please what's sexy in saying "Oyel" instead of "Oil"--- Rhetorical question.  grin

Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by BABE3: 12:05am On Aug 19, 2011
obo_man:

@babe, so what happened, i tout you said u fancied me? embarassed

lol--- I was just goofing around.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by tpia5: 12:06am On Aug 19, 2011
I know some guys who speaks a kind of village naija accent and all these white chicks like the way they speak. It was surprising but now I am used to it.

I just want ppl to realize that what is cute or beautiful or sexy in white dude's perspective is almost opposite of what a typical African (Nigerian) considers cute/beautiful/sexy. What is exotic to us is garbage to them and what is garbage to them is exotic to us.

true that.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by tpia5: 12:12am On Aug 19, 2011
i havent actually read the write up though.

might be an opinion piece.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh’s Erratic Behavior Almost Got Her Jailed In 2015 – Ghana Police / Girl Tattoos Back To Look-like Tonto Dikeh / Nigeria Comedian AY Buys Acura-zdx As Xmas Gift For Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.