Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN (19691 Views)

Who Is The Sexiest In Nollywood? / Cnn Just Ranked Nigerian Accent Fifth Sexiest In The World . / Sexiest In Nollywood Award On Vanguard Newspaper. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by egbesegbe: 8:39am On Aug 19, 2011
Because of the sexy nature of our accent, one of our pastors in south Africa is recording a high number of audience.
Niaja nor dey carry lastooo. we will be dominating Africa and we will extend it to UK. Go to churches pastor by a Nigerian in UK and see the turn out.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by londoner: 8:49am On Aug 19, 2011
Who "owns" O ?

Please it is a GENERALLY used among tribes in Nigeria and around Africa.

People are trying to claim ownership just because they want to take the the "glory" for Nigeria being fifth, on the list, lol.

Must absolutely everything result in tribal rivalry?
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Yeske2(m): 8:58am On Aug 19, 2011
CNN said Nigerian accent dudes and stop this tribal war. Nigerian accent because it's a blend of all ethnic accents. Yoruba or Igbo accents would be different if left on its own. Proudly Nigerian, Naija 4 life
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by tunene: 9:25am On Aug 19, 2011
CNN comment;

Some Nigerians are actually worth giving your bank account information to
Famous tongues;King suny Ade Omotola jalade ekehinde,
Dignified, with just a hint of willful naiveté, the deep, rich[b] “oh’s” and “eh’s”[/b] of Naija bend the English language without breaking it, arousing tremors in places other languages can’t reach. Kinda makes the occasional phone scam worth the swindle.
Sounds like: The THX intro with teeth

From the above poster's quote of CNN and the bolded, it is obvious, Yoruba language is referred. I wonder if that is CNN's idea of Nigeria. These people hardly know us yet they issue plenty reports about us. That was how one was asking if Nigeria was in Africa the other day, saying she had thought, all her life, that Nigeria was in the carribeans.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 19, 2011
tunene:

CNN  comment;

Dignified, with just a hint of willful naiveté, the deep, rich[b] “oh’s” and “eh’s”[/b] of Naija bend the English language without breaking it, arousing tremors in places other languages can’t reach. Kinda makes the occasional phone scam worth the swindle.

From the above poster's quote of CNN and the bolded, it is obvious, Yoruba language is referred. I wonder if that is CNN's idea of Nigeria. These people hardly know us yet they issue plenty reports about us. That was how one was asking if Nigeria was in Africa the other day, saying she had thought, all her life, that Nigeria was in the carribeans.

Most ppl  think Yorubaland = Nigeria.

Even a song by Ghanaians "I am glad i'm not a Nigerians" had everything from Yoruba attire to Yoruba language in it.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 19, 2011
tunene:

That was how one was asking if Nigeria was in Africa the other day, saying she had thought, all her life, that Nigeria was in the carribeans.

I dont even know what to say about this one
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by pinkrex(m): 10:45am On Aug 19, 2011
ON the Title i can see 6st sexiest but on here i see 5 undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by zains: 11:04am On Aug 19, 2011
America is currently swimming in economic murky waters, any third world economy that they can milk or suck dry would really, definitely sound sexy!
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Solozzo(m): 11:15am On Aug 19, 2011
9jacrip:

This is good to know but which of the Nigerian accents sounds sexy? Because I don't think the Hausa/Fulani sounds good to the ears, I can stand the Igbos and my beloved Yorubas being ranked as people with sexy accents but the Hausa/Fulani, naw!

The sexy accent may not be obvious when we speak at home. It is when you speak good English that the beauty comes out in every naija no matter the tribe. It is more obvious when they speak with foreign colleagues abroad. Honestly my wife and I have many times mistaken Uk prime ministers and parliamentarians as nigerians when we hear their voices on TV when we not looking. Now we know why.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by salix9ice(m): 11:31am On Aug 19, 2011
What about the Russian accent, it kind of sexy too

check this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dABo_DCIdpM&feature=feedu
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 19, 2011
Toaskarity:

^ na lie, i think it hausa english that sounds sexy grin the tribe u mentioned tries to imitate english,

Hausa keh? U wanna wound them? They should adopt Arabic as their lingua franca, then they might probably be ranked as being sexy with it.

Solozzo:

The sexy accent may not be obvious when we speak at home. It is when you speak good English that the beauty comes out in every naija no matter the tribe. It is more obvious when they speak with foreign colleagues abroad. Honestly my wife and I have many times mistaken Uk prime ministers and parliamentarians as nigerians when we hear their voices on TV when we not looking. Now we know why.

I'm not buying that, no matter how fluently you speak English, your accent would always be reflected. Maybe the UK parliamentarians/ministers are not Bristish? Besides don't the British have their accents too? So its not about how fluent, it is about your accent/intonation.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Ben13: 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2011
~ Rubbish! There is no such thing is a Nigerian Accent. We have different accents from different tribes. CNN has something in mind. And Nigerians are happy even when there footnote reads ", the deep, rich “oh’s” and “eh’s” of Naija bend the English language without breaking it, Kinda makes the occasional phone scam worth the swindle".
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 19, 2011
[url=http://www.cnngo.com/explorations/life/worlds-sexiest-accents-130333?page=0,1]World's sexiest accents[/url]

The above link is the CNN link.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by DamiKhojie(m): 7:04pm On Aug 19, 2011
Honestly it depends on who's speaking it I've heard all these accents (French is my favorite), and some girls with them sounded normal or even annoying others really do sound sexy so it all depends
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by kemmeye: 7:40pm On Aug 19, 2011
hahahahahahhaha. fifth sexiest th rite not in this life time
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by londoner: 8:53pm On Aug 19, 2011
tunene:

CNN  comment;

No, It gave two examples of famous tongues not an exhaustive list.

Do you really think Nigerian accent made number five just because of these two individuals?
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nayah(f): 9:13pm On Aug 19, 2011
lol French is rated here!! smiley
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by vislabraye(m): 9:26pm On Aug 19, 2011
Wow, this is one of the best news I've heard about Nigeria and I'm proud about it.

But i dont understand why some Nigerians like to speak like British and Ameriacns. So disgusting.

If u ask me, Europeans are the sexiest in everything, way way ahead of America.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by bimbo16: 10:19pm On Aug 19, 2011
i don't kwow for nigerians speaking english but when a lagossian try to speak french is dawmn sexy wink grin
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 19, 2011
i am sure they don't mean the yanmiri accent

how makate?
comot for load make i pass
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by igboboy1(m): 4:09am On Aug 20, 2011
, and ndi ofe mmanus are happy as if general abdusalami is sharing money again undecided
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 5:12am On Aug 20, 2011
Shi-nedu!

nna  wey u na?
how makate?
na wa for this nigeria sef.

what of Shi di beere

and Shi di maa

i hope they fine?

if so allah be praised

don't worry una time to share money go come make aboki and ofe manu belleful first. chere
then ijaw then yan miri.
una people say sun go touch who stand before e touch who sit.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by 4peace(m): 7:13am On Aug 20, 2011
guys naija don dey carry last for the poll CnnGo dey conducted for facebook fan about sexy accent.

www.facebook.com/questions/10150343024785166/?qa_ref=qd
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 20, 2011
The thing is to we, Nigerians, we do not have accent. Some might argue that there is the Igbo, Yoruba Hause etc accents but to outsiders (foreigners), there is the general Nigerian accent. Its all about speaking clearly, correctly and concisely while not trying to form the common British or American accent. I have a couple of foreign friends who tell me I speak impeccable English sexily. One couldn't even believe that English is Nigeria's official language. I can now understand why some of us are worth giving bank account information to.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by alosiby92(f): 9:59am On Aug 20, 2011
Nigerian accent? Sexy
wonders shall never cease!! Not hating or anything, but really? I'm discombobulated,
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by DaLover(m): 10:42am On Aug 20, 2011
This tread has acually brought out the fact inferiority complex is big issue with a good number of nigerian, it tend to drive the way we approach issues when dealing with the outside world, and internally within nigeria.

CNN have announced what they feel their list is, an pple are argueing seriously against it, dont CNN have their rights to determine what ever their sexy language is? The fact that CNN released a lit does not make international standard, so it is very funny when pple ask how 9ja can take 5th position, CNN have simple list things the way they see it and inferiority complex have driven most 9ja peeps to c it defacto international standard, forgeting that NTA, BBC or AIT can always come up with their own list,

Another way inferiority complex has affected this discussion is the way we try to force our selves to speak like british or americans, wheneve we travel abroad or when we work with expert locally, y must we force ourselves to speak limes them to get them to undertand us?? I think it the subconcious inferior feeling that comes to play when ever we encounter white skinned people, e go bettger one day, some pple even when to the extent to show that we cannot be the 5th sexiest language because of our fualty pronounciations, forgeting that there is a clear difference between accents and pronounciations.
Someone like Babe believes speaking Good is when u can speak like an american or british,
others are argueing that there can be no nigerian accent becuase we have 200 different groups in nigeria, those pple should find out how many groups india has, and how we only know on one indian acccent, do u think nigeria is more diverse than india?

I think its also important to mention that CNN would probable have drawn their conclusions from interactions with several hundreds of pple from each of the listed countries, hence yoruba cannot be the language being refered to by mentioning sunny ade and omotolahe way they see it and inferiority complex have driven most 9ja peeps to c it defacto international standard, forgeting that NTA, BBC or AIT can always come up with their own list,

Another way inferiority complex has affected this discussion is the way we try to force our selves to speak like british or americans, wheneve we travel abroad or when we work with expert locally, y must we force ourselves to speak limes them to get them to undertand us?? I think it the subconcious inferior feeling that comes to play when ever we encounter white skinned people, e go bettger one day, some pple even when to the extent to show that we cannot be the 5th sexiest language because of our fualty pronounciations, forgeting that there is a clear difference between accents and pronounciations.
Someone like Babe believes speaking Good is when u can speak like an american or british,
others are argueing that there can be no nigerian accent becuase we have 200 different groups in nigeria, those pple should find out how many groups india has, and how we only know on one indian acccent, do u think nigeria is more diverse than india?

I think its also important to mention that CNN would probable have drawn their conclusions from interactions with several hundreds of pple from each of the listed countries, hence yoruba cannot be the language being refered to by mentioning sunny ade and omotola
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by harakiri(m): 11:07am On Aug 20, 2011
Did they have to link the word "scam" with the sexiness? To me, this is another version of sony's misadvertisement!
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 20, 2011
alosiby92:

Nigerian accent? Sexy
wonders shall never cease!! Not hating or anything, but really? I'm discombobulated,

My own Nigerian accent is sexy. The problem maybe lies with you.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by igboboy1(m): 7:31pm On Aug 20, 2011
KSA: AHH, omotorLA ow are you my doorta?
Omotola: AHH, Baba mi eye am veri fhine sir tank yu
KSA: AH, Ehen my doorta, you know say cnn say we get the mOst saxy aksent.
Omotola: AHH, Baba mi na so eye ear o
KSA: AHH, well Yoruba ronu o we are tuu musch o, lagosyoruba o ni baje o
Omotola: e ni ba je o
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by tpia5: 4:14am On Aug 21, 2011
cant say i personally find the accent sexy, but to each his own.

the british nigerian accent might be sexy though.

also, the wazobia praise artists, like i mentioned before.

am more familiar with omotola's face than her voice but will look it up.

sunny ade has a great tone, that's for sure.

but, we have to go by the milllions of women who have voted for nigerians indirectly, so their opinion is what goes i suppose.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Leilah(f): 5:30am On Aug 21, 2011
5th grin
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Leilah(f): 5:41am On Aug 21, 2011
Ehh no hope u dont mind me saying, NO way is that true. The carribean accent is really nice, the SA accent is soft, but no. I dont agree even tough my accent is a very thick Dublin accent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yvonne Jegede Looking So Flawless In New Photos / Munachi Abii Stuns In Head-Shot Photos / Toyin Abraham: Calling Out Mercy Aigbe Was A Publicity Stunt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.