Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,336 members, 7,954,375 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:49 PM

Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN (19838 Views)

Who Is The Sexiest In Nollywood? / Cnn Just Ranked Nigerian Accent Fifth Sexiest In The World . / Sexiest In Nollywood Award On Vanguard Newspaper. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Solozzo(m): 12:18am On Aug 19, 2011
Could be true. When I first arrived Australia, I used to get a lot of attention when I speak, and some actually made positive commrpents  about my accent. I first thought they were being snobbish because they could not imagine someone from Africa being able  to speak correct English language. Even till now

Now I know they were being thrilled by the sexiness of the accent leading to the excessive attention. You may keep the Nigerian accent when abroaad but try to be clear and slow down the pace. Help yourself with a good digital pronunciation dictionary to pronounce words clearly.

Most of the sexiness may be due to the deep voice common in Nigeria, which is so attractive especially to the womenfolk.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Princek12(m): 12:24am On Aug 19, 2011
no wonder all these yahoo yahoo boyz are using their Naija accent to swindle all these foreigners wire them money
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by londoner: 12:24am On Aug 19, 2011
I cant lie, I really like hearing Nigerians speak in pidgin. It may not be so much about the accent, but the sheer swagger and inventiveness of it I find quite attractive/alluring.

I don't mean the "I go die" type conk pidgin though, lol.

Even when some male singers use Pidgin, like Bracket, P Square or Flavour N'abania, it just gives an edge for me.

Let me just tell the truth, it IS SEXY imo,

There, I said it.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 12:28am On Aug 19, 2011
Toaskarity:

yes, you have to! atleast for communication reasons, do you think they understand our accent that easily

@toaskarity,  Every nationality has an accent, and you will always be heard and understood if you speak clearly, irrespective of your accent. I do disagree with the fact that they don't understand us. When we speak clearly, they perfectly do. I don't think an accent inhibits the ability to speak a lingua-franca. If it does, most companies won't have their customer service branches in India.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 12:29am On Aug 19, 2011
BABE!:

LOL--- @ when spoken softly.

I don't mean to be redundant, but please what's sexy in saying "Oyel" instead of "Oil"--- Rhetorical question.  grin

i was a victim of that word and words like londom instead of london, which makes me ashamed whenever ones correct me, nowadays i take care b4 pronouncing words of such  grin
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 19, 2011
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 19, 2011
Which tribe invented the 'O' intonation? COME HERE O,, LETS GO O, A Kenyan girl asked me why we always put O, but I couldn't find an answer. She also asked why Nigerians always say ' How far',
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by BABE3: 12:40am On Aug 19, 2011
Toaskarity:

i was a victim of that word and words like londom instead of london, which makes me ashamed whenever ones correct me,  nowadays i take care b4 pronouncing words of such  grin

Good for you darl. Keep it up!  wink

LOL @ that video. MURDER!  grin
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by BABE3: 12:43am On Aug 19, 2011
obo_man:

Which tribe invented the 'O' intonation? COME HERE O,, LETS GO O, A Kenyan girl asked me why we always put O, but I couldn't find an answer. She also asked why Nigerians always say ' How far', 

The intonation: It's Yoruba. (not sure).

The 'how far': Good question.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by pleep(m): 12:44am On Aug 19, 2011
no! Annang. O' is actually part of our language. . .
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 19, 2011
obo_man:

@toaskarity,  Every nationality has an accent, and you will always be heard and understood if you speak clearly, irrespective of your accent. I do disagree with the fact that they don't understand us. When we speak clearly, they perfectly do. I don't think an accent inhibits the ability to speak a lingua-franca. If it does, most companies won't have their customer service branches in India.

see, my point isnt that we arent understood if speaks clearly, ok now i heard them pronounce /ˈwɔːə(r)/ (water) instead of /ˈwɔːtə(r)/(water) so now when we try communicating, after calling it with 't' they seem not get you then ppl will go for the first which sounds to their tone
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by pleep(m): 12:51am On Aug 19, 2011
omg that video was the funniest thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 12:51am On Aug 19, 2011
BABE!:

The intonation: I think it's Yoruba. (not sure)

The 'how far': Good question.

no i dont think so, think of it you guys call 'omo' obasajo the o seems like it goes down unlike the 'o' we put in our english.

i will go for igbo(pls nt trying been tribal, i stand to be corrected) now pronounce oge,olisa etc and see,
i dont know of other tribe so may be im wrong
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by emmatok(m): 12:59am On Aug 19, 2011
Toaskarity:

no i dont think so, think of it you guys call 'omo' obasajo the o seems like it goes down unlike the 'o' we put in our english.

i will go for igbo(pls nt trying been tribal, i stand to be corrected) now pronounce oge,olisa etc and see,

The "O" intonation is from the Yoruba.

Joor O, gba O, kilode O, fi mi sile O e.t.c
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by BABE3: 1:00am On Aug 19, 2011
Toaskarity:

I already modified my post. I don't think it's Yoruba anymore. grin

We use the 'O' (asin oge, olisa) as well.  It's the 16th alphabet the Yoruba lang. E.g.  Ole (thief).
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 1:00am On Aug 19, 2011
"I DONT KNOW WHO THEY CALL PROMISE"  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by firestar(f): 1:05am On Aug 19, 2011
undecided
Ehnnnn?
Could be if you listen to people like Asha, Darey, Idibia, Jeremiah Nyang, Djnie. . .
Some vocals can be smokey ethnic or high-pitched and maybe the speech quirks unique to our region like:
The "Ah-ahhhhhhhhh,Ehn, Enhen, En-en and Oh's.

But seriously, fifth[i] sexiest[/i]?
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 1:06am On Aug 19, 2011
emmatok:

The "O" intonation is from the Yoruba.

Joor O, gba O, kilode O, fi mi sile O e.t.c
pls try pronounce "come here OO and joor O" did they sound alike? anyway i wont go further b4 it turns to another thing. lets end it here,

BABE!:

I already modified my post. I don't think it's Yoruba anymore. grin

We use the 'O' (asin oge, olisa) as well.  It's the 16th alphabet the Yoruba lang. E.g.  Ole (thief).

and igbos also have that O(as in Obasanjo) in their alphabet with point under so me too isnt that sure who owns the lang. cool
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by emmatok(m): 1:21am On Aug 19, 2011
Toaskarity:

pls try pronounce "come here OO and joor O" did they sound alike? anyway i wont go further b4 it turns to another thing. lets end it here,

and igbos also have that O(as in Obasanjo) in their alphabet with point under so me too isnt that sure who owns the lang. cool

I don't understand you.

Are you saying Obasanjo is an Igbo name?

The Obasanjo is "O'" and not "O"

The Yoruba vowels are:

a,e,i,o,o',u

"O" in Yoruba is used when communicating with your age mate or someone at your level.

"E" is used when communicating with an adult or superior.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by honeric01(m): 1:45am On Aug 19, 2011
LOL, now i know why she keeps asking us to talk on phone rather than type, i get to wonder what's so funny when we talk, she keeps laughing, giggling and all blushing and wouldn't let me take a pause lol.

With a THICK BINI-YORUBA mixed with French accent, why shouldn't we be in the 5th position even though we have more than 400 accents in Nigeria? tongue
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 1:59am On Aug 19, 2011
This is good to know but which of the Nigerian accents sounds sexy? Because I don't think the Hausa/Fulani sounds good to the ears, I can stand the Igbos and my beloved Yorubas being ranked as people with sexy accents but the Hausa/Fulani, naw!
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 2:54am On Aug 19, 2011
^ na lie, i think it hausa english that sounds sexy grin the tribe u mentioned tries to imitate english,
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by ladygogo: 3:18am On Aug 19, 2011
I concur with the Italian accent being no 1. That accent is the bomb! Y'all need to get on The Sopranos, i can't get enough of the mafia, lol
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 3:47am On Aug 19, 2011
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 4:02am On Aug 19, 2011
honeric01:

LOL, now i know why she keeps asking us to talk on phone rather than type, i get to wonder what's so funny when we talk, she keeps laughing, giggling and all blushing and wouldn't let me take a pause lol.

With a THICK BINI-YORUBA mixed with French accent, why shouldn't we be in the 5th position even though we have more than 400 accents in Nigeria? tongue

Very sexy tongue
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 4:03am On Aug 19, 2011
me and my African peeps in school, esp Yorubas and Ghanaians use "eh" and "oh" very often tongue cheesy
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by perenren: 4:29am On Aug 19, 2011
This thread reminded me of a funny quote from the late Gen.Maman Vasta (may his soul rest in peace)
Hear him, " The krobulem wit agirikalture in this kountiri is too muchi girama, too muchi girama''
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by Nobody: 5:35am On Aug 19, 2011
perenren:

This thread reminded me of a funny quote from the late Gen.Maman Vasta (may his soul rest in peace)
Hear him, " The krobulem wit agirikalture in this kountiri is too muchi girama, too muchi girama''
ma plend,no kill me here. . . . .Hausa is not sexy but yoruba is very.Can't you hear me talking to you now ? Hope you are falling in love ? grin grin
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by gee2(m): 6:02am On Aug 19, 2011
grin

LWKMD
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by honeric01(m): 6:11am On Aug 19, 2011
emmatok:

I don't understand you.

Are you saying Obasanjo is an Igbo name?

The Obasanjo is "O'" and not "O"

The Yoruba vowels are:

a,e,i,o,o',u

"O" in Yoruba is used when communicating with your age mate or someone at your level.

"E" is used when communicating with an adult or superior.

Don't drag it far, O is common in almost all the southern dialects, Effik, Bini, Igbo, Yoruba e.t.c use O when communicating.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by TenKobo1: 6:23am On Aug 19, 2011
The celebration is uncalled for, it's not important at all.
Re: Nigerian Accent Ranked Fifth Sexiest In The World By CNN by babyboy3(m): 8:07am On Aug 19, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Munachi Abii Stuns In Head-Shot Photos / Tonto Dikeh’s Erratic Behavior Almost Got Her Jailed In 2015 – Ghana Police / Girl Tattoos Back To Look-like Tonto Dikeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.