Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,328 members, 7,850,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:40 PM

My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. (41368 Views)

This Is What We Have Left In The Dating World,genz Baddies / Would you date an atheist? / My Experience As A Bar Man In A Lagos Brothel . ( Life lesson) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by cooooooks(m): 6:55am On Oct 25, 2022
Sorry ma!
uche40:

grin grin grin

I'm not a guy sha.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by AlphaTaikun: 7:03am On Oct 25, 2022
phemmyfour:
They are here on NL...go for them. Leave the religious girls alone
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by AlphaTaikun: 7:10am On Oct 25, 2022
Peterrio:
Some might not be very religious, but their thought patterns are still warped in religion.

The very religious ones can even be a challenge to Christian guys

One thing that amazes me from time to time is that they can partake freely in fornication and adultery, while holding the religion very tight
The herd mentality or social thinking in religion and society.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by tete7000(m): 7:42am On Oct 25, 2022
NeckingNgulping:
I'm an atheist, and I found that I'm incapable of dating women who are particularly religious. I could go out on a date with a religious woman, and that's usually solely by merit of me pretending the whole time as though I'm truly in for it.

Since long term relationship with these women would have necessitated that i make pretence a hobby, logic sets in and we inevitably part ways.

In a highly religious country like ours, it's quite hard to find a woman who's an atheist as me, let alone a decent one.

You are an atheist and wants.a decent woman, what makes a woman decent from the viewpoint of an atheist? Upon what code do you define your morality?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by tete7000(m): 7:44am On Oct 25, 2022
Peterrio:
Some might not be very religious, but their thought patterns are still warped in religion.

The very religious ones can even be a challenge to Christian guys

One thing that amazes me from time to time is that they can partake freely in fornication and adultery, while holding the religion very tight

If you an atheist, the notion of fornication shouldn't bother you. The last term I checked, those are concept religion uses to hold people in check. Or do atheist also have codes that outlaw consensual sex between unmarried people?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by cayorday89(m): 8:35am On Oct 25, 2022
Namdio:

I would like to add that the mind always takes precedence over spirituality. It is you deciding to follow it and not it controlling you to obey.
We are saying the same thing but the reason why I used most is because some still take religion over their mind, it's the reason we have those who kill for religion.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by gadgethead: 8:59am On Oct 25, 2022
dhardline:
Will I say Nigerian atheist or atheist in general are a funny lot. How do you desire to have a 'decent' atheist as a girl friend?
Like who are you to require a standard for her when nothing rules her?
Or do you not know God gave man commandments on how to live life and be 'decent' and once God is removed man is free to make up his own rules as he lives and nothing becomes out of place for him. So just go ahead a marry any atheist you come across, she can decide to have 10 husband's and it's not out of place, she can decide to sleep with animals and it's still not out of place for her. She is ruled by nothing just as you claim you are too and hence free to do as she wills.

Al lot of people are guided by morality not necessarily religious doctrines. So yes you can get morality upright people who are not religious
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Freshgrace4life(f): 9:47am On Oct 25, 2022
E be like the OP no experience Jehovah witness people for him house ..
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by suicidesheep: 11:27am On Oct 25, 2022
Asour:

Jesus is NOT Moses though.

They are both bible characters
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by suicidesheep: 11:38am On Oct 25, 2022
tete7000:

If you an atheist, the notion of fornication shouldn't bother you. The last term I checked, those are concept religion uses to hold people in check. Or do atheist also have codes that outlaw consensual sex between unmarried people?

Fornication doesn’t bother we atheist, it’s you religious hypocrites that indulge in the act and yet still preach against

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by blingxx(m): 11:53am On Oct 25, 2022
tete7000:

Only societal code bruh laws of the land is enough
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by jasminer: 12:37pm On Oct 25, 2022
tollyboy5:

I'll find a decent lady and reveal my true color after two kids grin

I hope you know that according to the bible, a Christian is free to separate from an unbelieving spouse.

Although, if the unbelieving spouse and the believing spouse choose to stay together, the grace of God covers the family.

The question is if the believing spouse will want to remain in a marriage he/she was deceived into...
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by tollyboy5(m): 12:42pm On Oct 25, 2022
jasminer:

I hope you know that according to the bible, a Christian is free to separate from an unbelieving spouse.

Although, if the unbelieving spouse and the believing spouse choose to stay together, the grace of God covers the family.

The question is if the believing spouse will want to remain in a marriage he/she was deceived into...
LoL whatever her decision, I respect people's decisions alot.

I'll let her go. grin
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by jasminer: 12:42pm On Oct 25, 2022
kingxsamz:

Like he said, if you need religion to prevent you from sleeping with animals, you're sick.

Why? Atheists say we're all animals...
Humans cross breed species like the lion+tiger =Liger, goat + spider = spider goats who produce silk from their milk, the wolf dog breeds, zonkeys etc.
So if you truly believe we're all animals, what's wrong in crossbreeding?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by jasminer: 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2022
tollyboy5:

LoL whatever her decision, I respect people's decisions alot.

I'll let her go. grin

Good for her undecided
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Divoc19(f): 12:47pm On Oct 25, 2022
NeckingNgulping:

In a highly religious country like ours, it's quite hard to find a woman who's an atheist as me, let alone a decent one.

Am not religious. Let's get chatting cheesy
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by tete7000(m): 12:53pm On Oct 25, 2022
suicidesheep:

Fornication doesn’t bother we atheist, it’s you religious hypocrites that indulge in the act and yet still preach against
That is my point, you atheist should stop looking for moral uprightness then since you don't have any dictionary that contains such.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Asour: 1:55pm On Oct 25, 2022
suicidesheep:

They are both bible characters

Not really.

Pigs, Snakes, donkeys and Lions were also recorded in the Bible. Are they equivalent to humans too?

My point is that if Jesus (also God) —Not Paul, Not Moses, Not Phillip—says that No man is good. It isn't the same as any other 'character' saying it.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by tollyboy5(m): 2:04pm On Oct 25, 2022
jasminer:

Good for her undecided
Am me too, since I'm going to marry again grin
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by suicidesheep: 2:20pm On Oct 25, 2022
Asour:

Not really.

Pigs, Snakes, donkeys and Lions were also recorded in the Bible. Are they equivalent to humans too?

My point is that if Jesus (also God) —Not Paul, Not Moses, Not Phillip—says that No man is good. It isn't the same as any other 'character' saying it.

If you can write off what Moses say, then you can pretty much write off what anyone else says in d bible.
Or isn’t the Bible God’s perfect word?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by suicidesheep: 2:23pm On Oct 25, 2022
tete7000:

That is my point, you atheist should stop looking for moral uprightness then since you don't have any dictionary that contains such.

Well I still don’t get what you’re trying to prove, you theist that believe fornication is a sim, don’t you indulge in such. Every sin that’s morally bad, you theists do them and worst. So what’s the point in claiming your religion makes you morally upright.
I hope you’re not a bigot, because fornication has become so normal, only hypocrites think it’s a sin

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by tete7000(m): 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2022
suicidesheep:

Well I still don’t get what you’re trying to prove, you theist that believe fornication is a sim, don’t you indulge in such. Every sin that’s morally bad, you theists do them and worst. So what’s the point in claiming your religion makes you morally upright.
I hope you’re not a bigot, because fornication has become so normal, only hypocrites think it’s a sin

Many of you are so incapable of any logical reasoning. A sin is transgression against an established Christian moral code. An atheist shouldn't concern or worry himself with Christian inability to fulfil his moral obligation to his faith, it shouldn't be his business since he is not a Christian and he doesn't consider Christian moral code binding on him. The one who secretly commits sin as a Christian is aware in conscience that he has done wrong. As a Christian he is aware God sees him and if he die without repenting he will pay for his sin somewhere eternally. That suffices.

For atheists, nothing binds you, you get no common moral codes. In fact an atheist in his room somewhere has no connection with another in his room in another place. There is no confraternity, everyone exists independently of another. Yet your fellow atheist talked of girls not decent enough for him. Which decency? What does he use to measure the decency? Which law? which code? As long as I consider myself an atheist, I am free to do anything i feels is okay for me. I am not answerable to anyone, only to myself, my ego. I define my own moral standard and can't be responsible to anyone. So it is foolish, stupid, selfish and delusory for any of you to call yourself atheist and still be looking for someone who is atheist and decent by your standard.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by suicidesheep: 3:10pm On Oct 25, 2022
tete7000:

Many of you are so incapable of any logical reasoning. A sin is transgression against an established Christian moral code. An atheist shouldn't concern or worry himself with Christian inability to fulfil his moral obligation to his faith, it shouldn't be his business since he is not a Christian and he doesn't consider Christian moral code binding on him. The one who secretly commits sin as a Christian is aware in conscience that he has done wrong. As a Christian he is aware God sees him and if he die without repenting he will pay for his sin somewhere eternally. That suffices.

For atheists, nothing binds you, you get no common moral codes. In fact an atheist in his room somewhere has no connection with another in his room in another place. There is no confraternity, everyone exists independently of another. Yet your fellow atheist talked of girls not decent enough for him. Which decency? What does he use to measure the decency? Which law? which code? As long as I consider myself an atheist, I am free to do anything i feels is okay for me. I am not answerable to anyone, only to myself, my ego. I define my own moral standard and can't be responsible to anyone. So it is foolish, stupid, selfish and delusory for any of you to call yourself atheist and still be looking for someone who is
atheist and decent by your standard.

This is you just being a bigot, your view on atheism is fascinating.
Like I said earlier to maybe someone else, if it’s cause of your religion you don’t commit certain atrocities then you should really check yourself as a person.
A question I have for you, Is it because of your religion you don’t kill, or sleep with animals?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Dremo12: 3:32pm On Oct 25, 2022
I see alot of people arguing on the existence of God and which religion is the right one. All I'm going to say is that people will always have beliefs. If you were raised in India, you will most likely worship Buddha.

As for the op, just become a man of value and watch the coochies flow grin
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Asour: 3:54pm On Oct 25, 2022
suicidesheep:

If you can write off what Moses say, then you can pretty much write off what anyone else says in d bible.
Or isn’t the Bible God’s perfect word?

It is.

But you don't have to think in extremes to understand. I'm not DISCOUNTING what Moses said.

I'm saying that what Moses said (says) wouldn't rank higher than what Jesus says. Think of it like a hierarchy.

For instance.
Paul says in Corinthians (1 Cor 7:1) saying that in his opinion people shouldn't get married.

However God had already commended marriage in
Proverbs 18:22 & Gen 2:24.

God's commendation for marriage should rank higher than Paul's opinion(without discounting his opinion). Don't you think?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 25, 2022
cooooooks:
Went through if, I don't think he blamed "god" for the lack of eligible atheist or atheist-open women in his life.

He's got to open his mind, eyes, and groups to fulfill his goal of being equally yoked.

Normal atheist starter pack
-Blame a being you believe doesn't exist for all the woes that befalls your life.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by jasminer: 4:18pm On Oct 25, 2022
tollyboy5:

Am me too, since I'm going to marry again grin

Marry another christian and repeat the whole charade again or marry an atheist?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by tete7000(m): 4:58pm On Oct 25, 2022
suicidesheep:

This is you just being a bigot, your view on atheism is fascinating.
Like I said earlier to maybe someone else, if it’s cause of your religion you don’t commit certain atrocities then you should really check yourself as a person.
A question I have for you, Is it because of your religion you don’t kill, or sleep with animals?

And what I am telling you is that you don't kill because there are moral codes that prohibit you from killing. Fortunately, religion provides you with some of the codes that prohibits you from committing crimes. Does atheism provide you with any one? Not at all. It gives you absolute freedom to be your own god and dictate to yourself what you consider good or bad. It makes you your own god. In the long run, it promotes chaos and disorderliness because where there are no law, there will be no sin. I am sure people like you will want to come and argue with me that you follow state's laws. Unfortunately many of those state's laws have their foundation in religion.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by kingxsamz(m): 5:26pm On Oct 25, 2022
jasminer:

Why? Atheists say we're all animals...
Humans cross breed species like the lion+tiger =Liger, goat + spider = spider goats who produce silk from their milk, the wolf dog breeds, zonkeys etc.
So if you truly believe we're all animals, what's wrong in crossbreeding?

Yeah because a goat and human being are not the same. It's not rocket science.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by Peterrio: 5:45pm On Oct 25, 2022
tete7000:

Na lack of understanding dey worry you
Re: My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. by cooooooks(m): 5:52pm On Oct 25, 2022
You're amazing at creating narratives all by yourself and running with them.

You should write a novel.

Lollittaa:

Normal atheist starter pack
-Blame a being you believe doesn't exist for all the woes that befalls your life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply)

9 Gone 'big Boy Swag' That Guys Used In Impressing Ladies / Secrets Of Women That Men Should Know / Four Years After Sliding Into Her DM, Man Got Engaged To His Love(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.