Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,331 members, 7,811,968 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

“I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up (50430 Views)

Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties / Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle / Kate Middleton, Duchess Of Cambridge Gives Birth To A Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Titogbanski: 6:47am On Oct 26, 2022
Why are you calling her Duchess. They have renounced their membership of royalty
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Bigchristo: 6:47am On Oct 26, 2022
BloomingDale:

Na lie. Na Blacky like white toto.
White Toto nor fit sweet like black own, my guys in diaspora can confirm this grin grin
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by diplomat058(m): 6:50am On Oct 26, 2022
Corridon:
Read and comprehend first before spewing trash. I said I've stayed in the north before doesn't mean I'm from there. I'm from Ilesha Osun state.

LooL look at this shameless fooool fahdiga from muddy waters of Aba cheesy

After bursting your IpoB heritage many times, you still have the effontery to claim Yorùbá identity? Don't be a dimwit, boy

1 Like

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by modsfucker: 6:51am On Oct 26, 2022
FaceTanke:

That markle fit be Makun or Maku or Makanjuola

And e fit be Makanaki grin
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by coast2sahara: 6:58am On Oct 26, 2022
How accurate are the genealogy test?
The results of ancestral DNA tests are 99.9% accurate.
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Makowonda: 7:01am On Oct 26, 2022
I for really happy if to say this revelation go fit help me buy that moi-moi of N200 wey di get egg inside.

1 Like

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by MrBONE2(m): 7:11am On Oct 26, 2022
NwaNimo1:
“I’m 43% Nigerian”: Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up on Exciting Next Line of Action

The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, has dropped a new revelation about her genealogy, and it is exciting news for Nigerians Markle, in a statement, revealed she is 43 per cent Nigerian while announcing her next plan of action

The announcement has stirred reactions in the Nigerian social media space, with many expressing their willingness to receive the Duchess with open arms

The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, is making headlines after she revealed that she is 43% Nigerian, an announcement that has been met with jubilation and applause from many Nigerians.

Meghan made this revelation public during the latest episode of her podcast, Archetypes, via the Mirror UK during a conversation with Senegalese-American actress and comedian Issa Rae, Nigerian-American comedian and writer Ziwe Fumudoh, and Professor Emily Bernards.

Meghan Markle says she will be digging deeper into her genealogy. According to the Duchess, she took a genealogy test and discovered she is 43% Nigerian. "I just had my genealogy done a couple years ago. I'm 43% Nigerian" Meghan announced proudly. grin

Ziwe, a Nigerian-American, who was shocked by the revelation, asked: "Are you serious? This is huge. Igbo, Yoruba, do we know?" Duchess of Sussex reveals her next line of actions Meghan revealed she would take further steps into discovering more about her genealogy. She told her listeners:

"I'm going to start to dig deeper into all of this because anyone that I've told, especially Nigerian women, are just like, what?"

https://www.legit.ng/entertainment/celebrities/1499947-im-43-nigerian-duchess-sussex-meghan-markle-stirs-reactions-opens-exciting-line-action/

It's time to make her MONARCHY HEAD OF WEST WAKANDA LAND grin
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by theforemost: 7:13am On Oct 26, 2022

DONT BE SURPRISED. THEIR FORE-PARENTS WERE EMPLOYED TO BREASTFEED THEIR CHILDREN. THE FEMALE SLAVES WHERE EITHER BEGGED TO OR FORCED TO. SO THE DNA WOULD STILL BE THERE
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Corridon: 7:14am On Oct 26, 2022
diplomat058:

LooL look at this shameless fooool fahdiga from muddy waters of Aba cheesy

After bursting your IpoB heritage many times, you still have the effontery to claim Yorùbá identity? Don't be a dimwit, boy
I don't know what you're talking about to be honest.
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Oxfordgrade: 7:16am On Oct 26, 2022
blackmantis:
No wonder she resemble Calabar girl.
of a truth, the Lady resemble Calabar _ particularly, Efik ancestry.
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by MyExpression(m): 7:16am On Oct 26, 2022
Òmoooo...on how this babe cum be my family member, we don blow be dat o
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by everythinggirly(f): 7:19am On Oct 26, 2022
Wow! Meanwhile Nigerians are rejecting every means to be Nigerians and this lady just claimed to be a Nigerian. What a life!
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by waice6571: 7:23am On Oct 26, 2022
Being a Nigerian descent is a great thing, especially when you are of royal lineage in a strange land. That you are 43% Nigerian based on one scientific fact which may not be true doesn't make you a full blooded Nigerian.

Why can't you enjoy the beautiful soft life that nature has bestowed you? Do your possible best to help the struggling black race. Never put yourself in the middle racial conflict and make yourself a target of white supremacists.
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Mirasteel: 7:53am On Oct 26, 2022
Michelle70:
Nigeria is a big country and a big name.

Na inferiority complex deh worry ona for this side, Every rich and powerful people across the world who are Nigerians has found joy identifying with the country.
Nigeria isn't a country but a big prison, those foreigners identifying with Nigerian don't know what's up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by sylve11: 8:03am On Oct 26, 2022
Michelle70:
she is the duchess of sussex, she cant trade places with a POS agent like u na

Hahaha grin cool
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by 2rez: 8:04am On Oct 26, 2022
The confused & delusional schrepp who goes by the name Meghan claimed to be a South African but was voetsek, dragged her like a tiger gen for some days, now she 43% Nigerian just like that. grin grin grin
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by olasquare: 8:18am On Oct 26, 2022
No wonder she has this never say never stubborn attitude.
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by EKOSuperior(m): 8:20am On Oct 26, 2022
Dreal1247:
Them go soon pursue you comot for royal family. If you know, you know.
grin grin grin
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by AfonjaConehead: 8:37am On Oct 26, 2022
nyamuri:
she cannot be from yoruba lai lai.
Their girls are very ugly and black and very dirty gaskia walai
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by AfonjaConehead: 8:39am On Oct 26, 2022
Michelle70:
she is the duchess of sussex, she cant trade places with a POS agent like u na

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by RighteousI: 8:49am On Oct 26, 2022
We don't care whether your are Nigerian or not. We are not doing GAY in Nigeria.
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Slade47(m): 8:55am On Oct 26, 2022
Okkaay
You been lost since
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Kavod: 9:08am On Oct 26, 2022
Blankstare:

Most things I have done and achieved were through pains... You are right. Sometimes I ask myself if there will ever be end in sight?
ITS JUST TOO PAINFUL, IT WAS A PARTY LESS THAN 6 MONTHS OLD IN KENYA WHO WON THE GENERAL ELECTION. SOMEONE WHO LAUNDERED IMMENSE AMOUNT OF WEALTH AS A SITTING GOVERNOR, THROUGH HIS FDELITY BANK AND LAUNDERED BILLIONS THROUGH IT. THE PEOPLE BEHIND HIM ARE THE SAME PEOPLE WHO SOLD NEPA TO THEMSELVES AND GAVE 70% OF POWER GENERATED TO NEIGHBOURING COUNTRIES. THE SAME CLOWN DE GO EGYPT TO CHECK THEIR POWER SECTOR. COUNTRY WHEN DON DEVELOP EVEN BEFORE JESUS WAS BORN. THE SAME MILITARY LEADERS WHO BROUGHT US PAINS ARE HOW HIS BACK BONE. AND ANOTHER THING OBI IS A SERIAL LIAR. HE CANT STOP LIEING, WHY THE YOUTHS NOR FIT JUST SAY ENOUGH. REGISTER PARTY AND SAY BYE BYE ANCESTORS, BUT IF NA TO SPEND BILLIONS ON BBN NA THERE YOU GO SEE THEM, TO BUY BENZ DE DRIVE AIMLESSLY AND RECKLESS NA THIER WORK. PANDORA LEAKS, HOPE NAIJA YOUTHS SEE THE CALIBRE OF PEOPLE INCLUDING NATIONS THAT WERE WITH THE SAME OBI? BROS MAKE E WIN.... IF NIGERIA YOUTHS NOR GET SENSE THEN PAIN GO TEACH THEM. YOU KNOW WHY THEM IMPEACH AM AS GOVERNOR? HE FEEL SAY E TOO SMART, E GO LOOT BILLIONS BUT E STINGY AND NOR WAN SHARE THE BILLIONS... IF THEM ASK AM NA THERE YOU GO SEE AM GO BUY LAPTOP DE SNAP WITH STUDENTS OR E GO PAINT AND RENOVATE ONE SCHOOL. OLODO WHEN FINISH WITH 2.2 FOR PHYLOSOPHY. OBI NA DICTATOR AND HAS NO RESPECT FOR THE RULE OF LAW...

1 Like

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Allisgud: 9:09am On Oct 26, 2022
My sister come abeg,my dad told me something about his child somewhere with a White
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Brushstrokes20: 9:26am On Oct 26, 2022
Wow!... Lil wonder she looks omoluabi cool
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by TemmyT002(m): 9:29am On Oct 26, 2022
It can never be Hausa or Fulani sha
She looks more like a Yoruba
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by bukatyne(f): 9:33am On Oct 26, 2022
1Sharon:
Why is she revealing this? To pander to black people?

Mixed ppl are not your friends!

cheesy grin

She did the genealogy a couple of years ago and she is just announcing now in excitement.

Did she just open the result? cheesy

Well well.

1 Like

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 26, 2022
My sister, just try to manage issues with harry for now. We're grateful for discovering your nigerian ancestral linkage but nigeria today can't offer you anything meaningful
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by sofiscatedmoron: 9:51am On Oct 26, 2022
SmartPolician:
While some of us are trying to japa from this contraption and deny our links to Nigeria, this rich, popular and comfortable princess is trying to identify with the shithole. This is the real irony of life.
Because they don't know how we dey suffer for here,
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by juman(m): 10:05am On Oct 26, 2022
anonimi:

Why do we want something that we have not worked for? Something that we have contributed nothing to

Don't kill yourself on nothing.
Even Obama became president of America, neither africa or Kenya benefitted anything from it.
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Scarletjr(m): 10:29am On Oct 26, 2022
SmartPolician:
While some of us are trying to japa from this contraption and deny our links to Nigeria, this rich, popular and comfortable princess is trying to identify with the shithole. This is the real irony of life.
No cap her
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by KennethEnyi(m): 10:49am On Oct 26, 2022
Something you’re supposed to be ashamed of
Stupid girl!
Anyway it doesn’t matter because you can never live here…

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Joe Biden's Dog, Commander, Removed From White House After Biting secret Agents / Putin Tells West 'go To Hell' In The Wake Of Nuclear Weapons Transfer To Belarus / Anna Tereshkova Strips Off In Snow To Encourage Toughness, She Gets Criticized

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.