Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

“I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up (50474 Views)

Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties / Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle / Kate Middleton, Duchess Of Cambridge Gives Birth To A Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Christian36: 11:18am On Oct 26, 2022
Dreal1247:
Them go soon pursue you comot for royal family. If you know, you know.
You say it all. The lady big mouth want to put her in trouble. Thesame Nigeria were people are looking for means to JAPA, is what this one is claiming to be.
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Kelvin3476: 11:51am On Oct 26, 2022
Michelle70:
Nigeria is a big country and a big name.

Na inferiority complex deh worry ona for this side, Every rich and powerful people across the world who are Nigerians has found joy identifying with the country.
AND CONTINUED LIVING ABROAD
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by dochenaj: 12:40pm On Oct 26, 2022
SmartPolician:
While some of us are trying to japa from this contraption and deny our links to Nigeria, this rich, popular and comfortable princess is trying to identify with the shithole. This is the real irony of life.
She has the luxury of identifying with Nigeria cos it actually is not her reality.

1 Like

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Tonnyray: 12:43pm On Oct 26, 2022
Of what use is this news now?
Of what use is she to us?
I for wish say na better person sef.
Nansense angry
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Omini247: 1:29pm On Oct 26, 2022
I knew it....e dey body
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Honchoslim16(m): 2:50pm On Oct 26, 2022
smile4kenn:

If shes not Igbo, then what else is she? As if all Ebony people aren't Ebos.

All Nigerians living in Nigeria need to have DNA tests so we know who to deport out of the country.
Shut the fu©k up niggar....ain't no sense in what you typed!
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by daygee12: 2:52pm On Oct 26, 2022
Urheadmaster:
She should be grateful she escaped from the zoo tongue undecided
This is one of the stupid Obidients that wants their oga to Preside over the Zoo by force
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 26, 2022
NwaNimo1:
“I’m 43% Nigerian”: Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up on Exciting Next Line of Action

The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, has dropped a new revelation about her genealogy, and it is exciting news for Nigerians Markle, in a statement, revealed she is 43 per cent Nigerian while announcing her next plan of action

The announcement has stirred reactions in the Nigerian social media space, with many expressing their willingness to receive the Duchess with open arms

The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, is making headlines after she revealed that she is 43% Nigerian, an announcement that has been met with jubilation and applause from many Nigerians.

Meghan made this revelation public during the latest episode of her podcast, Archetypes, via the Mirror UK during a conversation with Senegalese-American actress and comedian Issa Rae, Nigerian-American comedian and writer Ziwe Fumudoh, and Professor Emily Bernards.

Meghan Markle says she will be digging deeper into her genealogy. According to the Duchess, she took a genealogy test and discovered she is 43% Nigerian. "I just had my genealogy done a couple years ago. I'm 43% Nigerian" Meghan announced proudly. grin

Ziwe, a Nigerian-American, who was shocked by the revelation, asked: "Are you serious? This is huge. Igbo, Yoruba, do we know?" Duchess of Sussex reveals her next line of actions Meghan revealed she would take further steps into discovering more about her genealogy. She told her listeners:

"I'm going to start to dig deeper into all of this because anyone that I've told, especially Nigerian women, are just like, what?"

https://www.legit.ng/entertainment/celebrities/1499947-im-43-nigerian-duchess-sussex-meghan-markle-stirs-reactions-opens-exciting-line-action/

angry
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 26, 2022
NwaNimo1:
“I’m 43% Nigerian”: Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up on Exciting Next Line of Action

The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, has dropped a new revelation about her genealogy, and it is exciting news for Nigerians Markle, in a statement, revealed she is 43 per cent Nigerian while announcing her next plan of action

The announcement has stirred reactions in the Nigerian social media space, with many expressing their willingness to receive the Duchess with open arms

The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, is making headlines after she revealed that she is 43% Nigerian, an announcement that has been met with jubilation and applause from many Nigerians.

Meghan made this revelation public during the latest episode of her podcast, Archetypes, via the Mirror UK during a conversation with Senegalese-American actress and comedian Issa Rae, Nigerian-American comedian and writer Ziwe Fumudoh, and Professor Emily Bernards.

Meghan Markle says she will be digging deeper into her genealogy. According to the Duchess, she took a genealogy test and discovered she is 43% Nigerian. "I just had my genealogy done a couple years ago. I'm 43% Nigerian" Meghan announced proudly. grin

Ziwe, a Nigerian-American, who was shocked by the revelation, asked: "Are you serious? This is huge. Igbo, Yoruba, do we know?" Duchess of Sussex reveals her next line of actions Meghan revealed she would take further steps into discovering more about her genealogy. She told her listeners:

"I'm going to start to dig deeper into all of this because anyone that I've told, especially Nigerian women, are just like, what?"

https://www.legit.ng/entertainment/celebrities/1499947-im-43-nigerian-duchess-sussex-meghan-markle-stirs-reactions-opens-exciting-line-action/

I used to yansh this babe way baccck when i use to call her linda.....this was way back in London Scotland, I swaaar angry
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Patriotic9ja(m): 3:37pm On Oct 26, 2022
Michelle70:
she is the duchess of sussex, she cant trade places with a POS agent like u na

Nice response
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2022
OloshoSiofra:

Add 1 sachet of pure water inside so that the beans can be ready to serve Nnamdi Kanu in DSS custody grin

Watery beans Amaka grin grin grin

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by mystery22: 4:09pm On Oct 26, 2022
SmartPolician:
While some of us are trying to japa from this contraption and deny our links to Nigeria, this rich, popular and comfortable princess is trying to identify with the shithole. This is the real irony of life.
that's why you had to make your moniker similar to smartpolitician. Fake
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by oloripeter(m): 4:12pm On Oct 26, 2022
Nigeria blood tek than water
NwaNimo1:

Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Wuppdex: 4:32pm On Oct 26, 2022
Yes o she's adding to their nightmare grin, after that Indian man became their PM, the majority of them are very pissed, i read this morning they are calling for fresh general election tongue
Ckonnet:
UK royal family don finally receive market dey order some centuries back via slave trade in the person of Meghan.

Aunty meghan please continue to press their neck and be serving them hot breakfast and I guess she revealed this information on purpose.
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by blueAgent(m): 6:23pm On Oct 26, 2022
Shebbs:
"An Announcement That Has Been Met With Jubilation By Many Nigerians," As Per What? How Does This News Affect The Life Of An Average Nigerian On The Street? Who Are The Nigerians Jubilating?? What A Rubbish News!
Lol.....inferiority complex and Low IQ.
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Ckonnet: 6:55pm On Oct 26, 2022
Wuppdex:
Yes o she's adding to their nightmare grin, after that Indian man became their PM, the majority of them are very pissed, i read this morning they are calling for fresh general election tongue

Yea what goes around comes around ooo, dey never see anything infact.
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Eriokanmi: 8:04pm On Oct 26, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Not bad. E no mean say d monarchy no go dey collect stray bullet 4rm Nigerians.
What amazes me about this revelation is, the majority of prominent people in the world had their genealogy traced to Nigeria.

Deontay Wilder, the America heavyweight boxing champion beaten by Tyson fury said he's from Edo state, that he'd visit the country soon

Megan is opening up too

Obasanjo said Karmala Harris, the US VP had Nigerian root

Pastor TD Jakes said he's from Igboland

Anthony Joshua too

Martin Luther King's sister said on fox news that the slain George Floyd had had Nigerian roots when his dna was taken. There must be something unique about Nigeria. Even in sports, Nigerians are there. Some of the French national team members are of Nigerian decent. Basket balll , Hakeem Olajuwon, Giannis Antetokpumpo and Co. Once we get leadership right, we're good to go
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by smile4kenn(m): 8:49pm On Oct 26, 2022
Honchoslim16:

Shut the fu©k up niggar....ain't no sense in what you typed!

Try get small sense. Er.udi.t€ sk.u.ller
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by AlphaTaikun: 2:33am On Oct 27, 2022
NwaNimo1:

43% from her maternal lineage is high. 23andMe and AncestryDNA use percentages, and she must have used one of these two testing companies.
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by BraniacX(m): 6:29am On Oct 27, 2022
BloomingDale:

Na lie. Na Blacky like white toto.
i hope you understand that the picture you posted is racist, for racists and appeals to racist sentiments
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 27, 2022
Michelle70:
she is the duchess of sussex, she cant trade places with a POS agent like u na
Lwkmd cheesy grin
Re: “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up by Honchoslim16(m): 6:14pm On Oct 27, 2022
smile4kenn:

Try get small sense. Er.udi.t€ sk.u.ller
Crunchy a$$ n!ggar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Putin Tells West 'go To Hell' In The Wake Of Nuclear Weapons Transfer To Belarus / Anna Tereshkova Strips Off In Snow To Encourage Toughness, She Gets Criticized / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.