Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,908 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Can One Make Love By Mistake? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can One Make Love By Mistake? (7392 Views)

I Slept With My Boss Recently By Mistake But Now I Am.... / ''I Slept With My Brother-in-law By Mistake'' / I Hammered My Fiancee's Sister By Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by flower(f): 2:23pm On Mar 09, 2006
excusable or inexcusable it's still a mistake undecided
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by wormedup(m): 2:26pm On Mar 09, 2006
@ flower.
can you make such a mistake ?? i mean, is this kinda mistake applicable to you ?
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by flower(f): 2:32pm On Mar 09, 2006
There are horrible mistakes being made all the time. One of the former Miss Amerca's made a turn into which put her in direct eye contact with the sun. She closed her eyes for a second to put on her sunglasses and she struck a pedestrian and killed them. That was a mistake.

Also, I have made mistakes, terrible mistakes in the past, present, and most likely in the future as well. I can't pretend that I'm perfect because I'm not, no one is. Some of these things I knew were wrong but was so wrapped up in the moment I discared those feelings. Now that I'm older I can honestly look back and say, "Yes, that was a mistake or those were mistakes."
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by Fluffy(f): 3:15pm On Mar 09, 2006
grin cheesy grin smiley grin grin This is the funniest thing I've ever heard, making love by mistake grin

U drop something by mistake
or trip and fall by mistake
or maybe hit someone by mistake,
but MAKE LOVE BY MISTAKE,
totaly impossible, no matter how u look at it, that's a mistake that con not happen.

cheesy cheesy grin wink smiley
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by Fluffy(f): 3:18pm On Mar 09, 2006
okay unless it was dark and u thought u were making love to someone else grin
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by Seun(m): 4:18pm On Mar 09, 2006
Inexcusable mistakes and excusable mistakes are not the same. The case of the woman who was driving and hit a child because something entered her eyes is an excusable one. The case of someone who drinks and drives knowing the risks of drinking and driving is not an excusable mistake. If you are a woman, and you know that you can easily fall into temptation and have sex when you are drunk, then why should you get drunk in the first place? That is not excusable.

Everything we do in this world that hurts us can be termed a "mistake". Every serial criminal in prison made "mistakes". Saddam Hussein, Hitler, Osama Bin Laden, Idi AMin Dada and Sanni Abacha all made terrible "mistakes". Will you now say because of that that they should not be punished? No. Because all mistakes are not the same. Saying something is a "mistake" just because the consequences have come back to bite you is bullshit. All mistakes are not the same.
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by flower(f): 4:21pm On Mar 09, 2006
All mistakes may not be the same but they are all deemed to be mistakes, whether it comes back or no, whether it's punishable or no, whether it's excusable or no.
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by 2cantango(f): 4:26pm On Mar 09, 2006
@Seun, I totally agree with you!

I think some people may give certain experiences in their lives the label of 'mistake' just to act as a salve to their conscience
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by mobola(f): 4:29pm On Mar 09, 2006
it very possible but so sad
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by flower(f): 4:33pm On Mar 09, 2006
Now I think this has gotten confusing.  Are you asking to differentiate between excusable and non excusable mistakes?

A mistake is a mistake is a mistake whether conscious driven, experience driven, or plain 'ole enlightenment.

Can someone make a mistake? Yes.
Can someone have sex and deem it a mistake? Yes.  Who are we to say otherwise?
Has this turned into an 'excusable non excusable thread I think so.  tongue
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by wormedup(m): 5:39pm On Mar 09, 2006
@ flower.

maybe u didn't get my question though it was a direct one. lemme ask again.

can YOU make love to someone by mistake ??
the emphasis is on "YOU".

then again, u popped something up.
How do u consciously make a mistake ? u mean the person knew it was wrong and just went ahead to do it ? i'd say there was an intention behind it and it wasn't looking like a mistake to the person.
it's like "Stealing" by mistake, how possible is that ?
the englishmen grew wise and called it kleptomania which not really an excuse because, a kleptomaniac knows it's wrong but cannot resist doing it.
so whassup sis ?
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by flower(f): 6:32pm On Mar 09, 2006
Can I? Who knows, anything is possible. It could be the the scenairo Seun posted, finding this man in my bed thinking it to be my husband and oops, it's not. I would like to say no, never could I ever, but your original question was could a man or woman. I can speak for myself, but I cannot for others so I'm leaving the opportunity open to say that with the hundreds of millions of people on this earth, I'm sure it's been done and it may very well have been a mistake.

And as bad as I felt about it at the time, I did steal something accidentally. I had my hands full and placed one item in my pocket. By the time I got to the counter I paid for everything forgetting that one item. I got home, took off my coat, emptied my pokets of keys and change and there sat the item, stolen, by acciedent. lipsrsealed
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by desiree(f): 7:12pm On Mar 09, 2006
Making love by mistake is when you trip on your shoe laces and fall straight on a waiting girl who has no clothes on. Okay, that never really happens because making love/having sex is a conscious thing, you need your total engaded mind to do it. Making love and later regretting it is a totally different thing
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by tmontana(m): 7:33pm On Mar 09, 2006
My candid opinion on this matter is that it is truly possible to make love by mistake. Like Flower said earlier, one who is undergoing some emotional troubles is more vulnerable to this. However, let me be quick to add that emotional stress is a relative state for different people. Some people tend to be weak when they are down emotionally while others are stronger and a bit uptight. So yes it is very possible.
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by Thagodfada(m): 1:23pm On Mar 10, 2006
"Regardless of ones emotional state, except been drunk or raped, when it comes to sleeping with someone, there are no mistakes about it" by KIMBA

This is similar to what i said earlier and i think you are absolutely right. People go try to turn this thing upside down and inside out.
A mistake is NOT dependent on willpower! Just because you can't say no does not mean it is a mistake. It just means you don't have the power to control your emotions regardless of what emotional state you are in.

If a gun goes off accidentally, that is a mistake. But if you pull the trigger in anger that is something else but not a mistake.
We are human beings not animals.
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by segedoo(m): 3:47pm On Mar 10, 2006
let's not be ridiculuous here folks.

you make love because you want to and not by mistake!

love-making is a process guys - remember?
how can you go thru' every step of a process that ends in orgasm atleast for a party and then claim it was a mistake?

abegii - self-deception is the beginning of self-destruction
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by wormedup(m): 6:06pm On Mar 10, 2006
@FLOWER.

U r still not saying that u can make love to some1 by mistake. i mean, if U don't know if u can, who on earth's gonna know ?
nobody here's admitting that they have made love or can make love by mistake so, where precisely can i find one of them ?
i'm interested in knowing a female of that nature.

flower:

And as bad as I felt about it at the time, I did steal something accidentally. I had my hands full and placed one item in my pocket. By the time I got to the counter I paid for everything forgetting that one item. I got home, took off my coat, emptied my pokets of keys and change and there sat the item, stolen, by acciedent. lipsrsealed

u seriously think the police will buy that if they had caught up with you ?
ok, let assume it was a mistake, how come u remember picking it up and putting it in your pocket ? no offence sis, i'm just being hypothetical.

i believe, saying sumthing is possible, u have to be able to prove that it actually is possible and not just base on assumptions.

tmontana:

My candid opinion on this matter is that it is truly possible to make love by mistake. Like Flower said earlier, one who is undergoing some emotional troubles is more vulnerable to this. However, let me be quick to add that emotional stress is a relative state for different people. Some people tend to be weak when they are down emotionally while others are stronger and a bit uptight. So yes it is very possible.

tell me this has happened to you and let see how we can move forward ok .
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by flower(f): 6:16pm On Mar 10, 2006
wormedup, I did answer the question, read it again.

About the item, things like that happen. Whether the police believe me or you believe me, it was a mistake, an accident. After pulling it from my pocket I remember that I'd put it there when holding other groceries. It's as simple as that.

wormedup:

i believe, saying something is possible, u have to be able to prove that it actually is possible and not just base on assumptions.

Isn't this whole thread an assumption that sex cannot mistakenly happen?
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by wormedup(m): 6:55pm On Mar 10, 2006
flower:

Can I? Who knows, anything is possible. It could be the the scenairo Seun posted, finding this man in my bed thinking it to be my husband and oops, it's not. I would like to say no, never could I ever, but your original question was could a man or woman. I can speak for myself, but I cannot for others so I'm leaving the opportunity open to say that with the hundreds of millions of people on this earth, I'm sure it's been done and it may very well have been a mistake.

that was what u said, i see no straight answer.

even if we were assuming, why would u want to convince people when u can't prove what u believe ?
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by flower(f): 7:04pm On Mar 10, 2006
flower:

Who knows, anything is possible.

Words to key in on. cheesy

Also, I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I'm simply stating that we cannot know everyone's situation or circumstances to say whether it's a mistake or not. I'm saying: Don't rule out the possibility.
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by wormedup(m): 7:17pm On Mar 10, 2006
@ flower.
that's not an answer. all you have to say is either a "yes" or "no" and not expect me to deduce an answer from it. Be bold and straight smiley .

and what make's it a possibility ?
if u think it's a possibility then it must have happened to u or someone u know. u can't just go around believing that John is a girl because it's possible for a guy named John to be a girl. ask question and get answers.

u r just not there yet sis.
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by Seun(m): 7:35pm On Mar 10, 2006
And as bad as I felt about it at the time, I did steal something accidentally. I had my hands full and placed one item in my pocket. By the time I got to the counter I paid for everything forgetting that one item. I got home, took off my coat, emptied my pokets of keys and change and there sat the item, stolen, by acciedent.

You did not steal by mistake. You took that item home by mistake. Stealing is something you do consciously.
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by flower(f): 8:04pm On Mar 10, 2006
wormedup-

how can I possibly say yes or no to what happens in the future? That's being presumptuous.

Seun-

Stealing is to take without owners consent. I'm pretty sure I didn't have his consent so he'd consider the item stolen.
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by IAH(f): 8:46pm On Mar 10, 2006
It's very very possible. Let's say the two of you were just kissing/touching and you didn't know when the whole heat turned into sex. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by blablabla(m): 8:47pm On Mar 10, 2006
people!!!!!! tongue

sex without alcohol or drugs or force can not be a mistake, the romeo abi juliet must have been hoping to chop a forbidding fruit in the darkest corners of his/her mind only for the something to show on a platter of gold, spare me please.

but if there are sisters out there who do this thing by mistake, please, please and please let us brothers know where to, I did not say anything o!
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by blablabla(m): 8:53pm On Mar 10, 2006
IAH

It's very very possible. Let's say the two of you were just kissing/touching and you didn't know when the whole heat turned into sex.

Please tell me when you are touching and kissing someone in a confined and secure place what are you really thinking about then? making a mistake?
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by Seun(m): 6:32am On Mar 11, 2006
Stealing is to take without owners consent. I'm pretty sure I didn't have his consent so he'd consider the item stolen.

It is unhealthy to muddle up the difference between taking an item thinking it is yours and taking it knowing it belongs to someone else and then saying "I'm so sorry, it was a mistake" when caught. It's important that you understand this. You cannot steal something (or murder someone) unintentionally.

What your intention is when taking an action is a primary determinant of guilt. That's why even the law recognizes the difference between murder and manslaughter. Stealing is to murder what 'taking by mistake' is to manslaughter. Why are you appearing not to recognize the difference?
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by wormedup(m): 8:44am On Mar 13, 2006
flower:

how can I possibly say yes or no to what happens in the future? That's being presumptuous.

but back then when u where a kid in primary school u said u'd love to go to the universty and u probably did.
u get home and say "Tommorow morning i'll go to a provision store and get some beverages" and u do just that.
is that not the future we're talking about ?

why can't u just say "i'll make love to someone by mistake in 3 days" and do it ?
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by Seun(m): 9:13am On Mar 13, 2006
When a teenage girl sees her first period, she tells herself "I'm gonna get disvirgined by mistake very soon. yay!"
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by 2cantango(f): 11:17am On Mar 13, 2006
@Seun: you're a funny man grin
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by kasaliyaro(m): 5:57am On Mar 14, 2006
Diminished Capacity
A contention of diminished capacity means that although the accused was not insane, but due to emotional distress, physical condition or other factors he/she could not fully comprehend the nature of the criminal act he/she is accused of committing -thus removing the element of premeditation i.e. the act was not intentional.

Temporary Insanity -in a criminal prosecution
A defense by the accused that he/she was briefly insane at the time the crime was committed and therefore was incapable of knowing the nature of his/her alleged criminal act. Temporary insanity is claimed as a defense whether or not the accused is mentally stable at the time of trial. One difficulty with a temporary insanity defense is the problem of proof, since any examination by psychiatrists had to be after the fact, so the only evidence must be the conduct of the accused immediately before or after the crime. It is similar to the defenses of "diminished capacity" to understand one's own actions, the so-called "Twinkie defense," the "abuse excuse," "heat of passion" and other claims of mental disturbance which raise the issue of criminal intent based on modern psychiatry and/or sociology. However, mental derangement at the time of an abrupt crime, such as a sudden attack or crime of passion, can be a valid defense or at least show lack of premeditation.

Mistake
A mistake is an unintentional error or fault resulting from defective judgment, deficient knowledge, or carelessness.

What we are examining is the fact that "Can one make love by mistake or not?" This is a totally different issue from "is the act under any circumstance excusable or not?"

Ques: Can it happen by mistake?
Ans: Yes.

Ques: Is it excusable?
Ans: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by cheekee(f): 8:28am On Mar 14, 2006
it is very possible!!one can make love just by getting carried away and like rhodalyn said s/he gets carried all the way undecided
it's possible we all make mistakes once in a while

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Top Reasons To Find Love On Nairaland (For Guys) / How Long Should Good Sex Last(photos) / Why Muslin Nigerian Have Bigger Peniss Than Christian Nigerian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.