Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,794 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

Can One Make Love By Mistake? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can One Make Love By Mistake? (7387 Views)

I Slept With My Boss Recently By Mistake But Now I Am.... / ''I Slept With My Brother-in-law By Mistake'' / I Hammered My Fiancee's Sister By Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Make Love By Mistake? by wormedup(m): 8:24am On Mar 08, 2006
People, it is possible for a man to go to bed with a woman by mistake and vice versa ??
asides from being drunk, i guess we can exclude that.
i got into this argument with my colleague and he's saying it's possible.

what do y'all think ??
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by mamaput(f): 9:37am On Mar 08, 2006
No i don't think its Possible.
Its only possible to regret going to bed with the wrong person.
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by flower(f): 2:13pm On Mar 08, 2006
Yes.

You can go to bed with someone for vairous reasons besides being drunk and it be a mistake.

Examples:

You could be hurting and lonely due to a recent break-up. You go to a friend and that friend seems so accomodating and kind. BAM! You sleep with the friend. Oops.

You could be angry and wanting revenge. You could say, "I'm going to sleep with this person just because [whomever] slept with that one." Oops.

There are plenty of ways we can get caught up, especially when dealing with emotions.
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by 2cantango(f): 3:07pm On Mar 08, 2006
I personally think NO, it's not possible.
Yes what flower has said does happen to some people, but I don't believe you're ever so 'out of it' emotionally that you don't know what you're doing. I believe that deep down there would be a concious awareness of what is happening and where your actions will take you.
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by uche1(m): 3:54pm On Mar 08, 2006
Not possible, mistake no no no.
I thin feeling alone is largely created by your own perception of not being connected to by people around you. So you must have it in mind and you can call that a mistake
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by flower(f): 3:56pm On Mar 08, 2006
I agree with you 2cantango. It's just sometimes we neglect those deep down feelings or we write them off only to feel guilty or ashamed later. There are plenty of times we know something is wrong but that doesn't stop us from doing it.
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by whitelexi(m): 4:14pm On Mar 08, 2006
grin grin grin ;DHehehe Wonders shall never end, did she trip, stumble, fall over and land on his thing
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by flower(f): 4:22pm On Mar 08, 2006
Not as simple as that cheesy
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by wormedup(m): 5:23pm On Mar 08, 2006
flower:

Yes.

You can go to bed with someone for vairous reasons besides being drunk and it be a mistake.

Examples:

You could be hurting and lonely due to a recent break-up. You go to a friend and that friend seems so accomodating and kind. BAM! You sleep with the friend. Oops.

You could be angry and wanting revenge. You could say, "I'm going to sleep with this person just because [whomever] slept with that one." Oops.

There are plenty of ways we can get caught up, especially when dealing with emotions.

and where would u say the mistake started in those kinda scenarios ??
would u say either of them was uncounscious of the fact that she was hurting ? or perhaps, they weren't conscious of the clothes going off, things gettin naked, bodies touching ?
lemme understand you.
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by flower(f): 5:26pm On Mar 08, 2006
I think we're thinking of two different kinds of "mistakes" so let me first try to understand you.

When you say mistake, are you refering to one being on drugs to a point where they are not concious of their actions OR are you refering to and action being done, either concious or unconcious that is a moral/ethical mistake OR are you refering to both?
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by wormedup(m): 5:33pm On Mar 08, 2006
the scenario is, there nothing wrong with the nervous / sensory system, it could be under stimulation like anger, emotional but there nothing mentally wrong with the person(s) involved.
i mean the person cannot be recommended for a pschiatric hospital.
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by Rhodalyn(f): 5:35pm On Mar 08, 2006
yeh people do get carried away and then it's kiss kiss kiss kiss all the way
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by Thagodfada(m): 5:36pm On Mar 08, 2006
trying to define mistake is like Clinton trying to define sexual intercourse. Mistake na mistake. Doing something you didn't have the intention to do.

When drug or alcohol is involved that is a whole diffrent ball game. That is operating under the influence. So if your sense of reasoning is clouded by a substance, that is not a mistake.
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by wormedup(m): 5:42pm On Mar 08, 2006
I still find it difficult to believe that one person can be on ONE mistake ( and making it ) for 2 hours or more !!!!

common guyz  shocked
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by 2cantango(f): 5:45pm On Mar 08, 2006
wormedup:

I still find it difficult to believe that one person can be on ONE mistake ( and making it ) for 2 hours or more !!!!

common guyz shocked

Exactly!! smiley
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by Rhodalyn(f): 5:48pm On Mar 08, 2006
shocks me cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by flower(f): 6:06pm On Mar 08, 2006
Thagodfada:

Mistake na mistake. Doing something you didn't have the intention to do.

When drug or alcohol is involved that is a whole diffrent ball game. That is operating under the influence. So if your sense of reasoning is clouded by a substance, that is not a mistake.

Agreed completely.

wormedup:

common guyz shocked

At the moment that could be the last thing from your mind. Also, people can not understand the ramifications of their actions until after it's done thereby making it easier to see it was a mistake after the fact.
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by 2cantango(f): 6:08pm On Mar 08, 2006
I understand what you're saying flower, but I still think there is enough awareness there to alert you to exactly what you're doing.
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by flower(f): 6:13pm On Mar 08, 2006
no doubt, 2cantango (love that handle, by the way) but knowing and giving into the fact of knowing are two different things. Sort of like you know it's wrong to lie [interchangeable] but at times you do it anyway. You could also know it's wrong whilst doing it but you follow through with it anyway.
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by wormedup(m): 6:18pm On Mar 08, 2006
@flower

now u r coming close to me.

flower:

Sort of like you know it's wrong to lie [interchangeable] but at times you do it anyway. You could also know it's wrong whilst doing it but you follow through with it anyway.

at least u agree that some1 knows but just went ahead to do it.
the person might probably be saying " not to worry, there a lot of time to regret later". how nice huh ?
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by wormedup(m): 6:19pm On Mar 08, 2006
@flower

now u r coming close.

flower:

Sort of like you know it's wrong to lie [interchangeable] but at times you do it anyway. You could also know it's wrong whilst doing it but you follow through with it anyway.

at least u agree that some1 knows but just went ahead to do it.
the person might probably be saying " not to worry, there a lot of time to regret later". how nice huh ?
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by flower(f): 6:23pm On Mar 08, 2006
Or they could be saying, "I'm hurting and this seems to be the only option." Later to find out it was a mistake because it changed things for the worse.
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by mamaput(f): 6:29pm On Mar 08, 2006
If i was so drunk or on drugs that i don't know what am doing , then i will call it rape , if the gay involved was sober.
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by SweetnSour(f): 8:28pm On Mar 08, 2006
Ain't no such thing as mistake when it comes to making love. U do it intentionally, for a reason.

1 Like

Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by flower(f): 8:31pm On Mar 08, 2006
Just because it was intentional does not void it from being a mistake although it would void it from being accidental.
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by kasaliyaro(m): 6:50am On Mar 09, 2006
A mistake by defination is an unintentional wrong action or fault resulting from defective judgment, deficient knowledge, or carelessness.

The question is: Can One Make Love By Mistake?

To conclude if sex happened by mistake or not, we need to objectively examine how it started. The original intention of the parties, their emotonal and pshcological state of mind; and not how long it lasted or how they felt after the act. I quite agree with @flower; seeking solace from wrong people do lead to such things. E.g. a girl so broken hearted innocently sought solace in a friend who has been wooing her for years and he ended up taking advantage of her. She was there just because she needed soneone to share her burden with not because she was seeking comfort in another man's arms. Whether it lasted a minute or 2 hours, the act was not intentional it ... was a mistake.
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by kasaliyaro(m): 6:55am On Mar 09, 2006
flower:

Just because it was intentional does not void it from being a mistake although it would void it from being accidental.

Here I dissagree, as long as was intentional, that one no be mistake at all at all, e.g. doing it for revenge.
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by kimba(m): 7:21am On Mar 09, 2006
this is one of the reasons I like Nigeria, we like to call grey what should be labelled as black or white.

Regardless of ones emotional state, except been drunk or raped, when it comes to sleeping with someone, there are no mistakes about it,

, or maybe we would want to rationalize those guys that steal all our money, ok, heres the scene, the politician didnt want to embezzle money, but he he was in some financial hardship, due to some pressing family needs, so a bank manager took advantage of this politician and made him to embezzle 200million Naira,

i believe that makes a whole lot more sense, shocked

1 Like

Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by Seun(m): 7:31am On Mar 09, 2006
People don't make love by mistake. They do what they want to do and then later when they start facing the consequences they say it was a mistake. That is technically correct, but it's not what we usually mean when we say "mistake".

Let's say, for instance, that I stumble into my bedroom one night and a woman is there and I think she's my wife, and I have sex with her only to discover after the act that she's someone else. That's one kind of mistake. An excusable one.

However,let's I knew she was not my wife but went ahead to sleep with her because I thought my wife will never find out. And then my wife finds out. Or maybe she gets pregnant. Or I get infected with HIV. It's still a "mistake", because I wouldn't have done it if I knew for sure that one of those three things would happen, but this kind of "mistake" is not excusable! When people are arguing about whether one can make love by mistake, I think what they are more concerned about is whether the act can be excused on the basis of being a"mistake". My answer is "most of the time, no".

Some ladies like to get drunk so they can have wild sex and then blame it on alcohol when they wake up. That's not a mistake that can be excused. Another common "mistake" women make is to sleep with someone thinking "this sex is going to be enjoyable" and then when the sex is not enjoyable, they call it a mistake - especially when they lose their virginity in the process. Others cheat on their spouses and later call it a "mistake" when they are caught. Technically, these cases are all "mistakes" but they are not mistakes that can be excused. They are inexcusable mistakes.

1 Like

Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by tcarz(m): 1:13pm On Mar 09, 2006
Hello All,

Lets not get carried away,

We are all human and its human nature to mate.
Be it with the aid of booze,drugs or being sober once our sexual senses kick in
its a natural response. When u have 2 people and they are both sending these
impulses be it through sweating or kissing its inevitable.

As we all know [quote][/quote]"look b4 u leap"
But sometimes we go in blindly its then afterwards regret might kick in
SO my opinion is that yes you could "Mate or Make love" by mistake wink
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by 2cantango(f): 1:18pm On Mar 09, 2006
@tcarz, ever heard of will power? wink
Re: Can One Make Love By Mistake? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 09, 2006

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Bought An Expensive Wife @mbaise-imo State / Hilarious: 7 Photos That Show How Terribly Bad Nigerians Are At Kissing / NEVER make this mistake with a woman. EVER.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.