Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) (13791 Views)

The Origin of Na.kedness / "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" / The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by kandiikane(m): 12:08am On Aug 25, 2011
sexkillz:

WHO? or WHAT? & Does that explain why animals dont REASON LOGICALLY?undecided

Did you know the reason why other species(whom the modern homo sapiens evolved) became extinct or all died out? Because of natural selection, Survival of the fittest, because we evolved with better survival skills than our ancestors and if in the future there is any chance for us to mutate and evolve this modern humans will become extinct unless some evolve into a different specie with a great chance in surviving.

See insects  if you spray them with pesticides majority will die but those that survive offsprings will mutate a strain that will make them become immune to the pesticides.
Evil Brain:

I'm not trying to put you down but the fact is that disputing and debunking faulty theories is a major part of the scientific method. After all, even Newtons revered theory of gravitation was busted wide open by Einstein and co. That's the way scientific progress is made.

You shouldn't cant expect your religious beliefs to be treated differently. If they are true, then they should be able to stand up criticism. If they are false, then they deserve to be exposed for the good of mankind. I'm sorry you're offended but, whatever.

I am not offended, I am not here to argue religion but teach sexkills what evolution says. .
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by kandiikane(m): 12:09am On Aug 25, 2011
sexkillz:

TEACHER! So how come, EVOLUTION STOPPED AT HUMANS!?

Past my bed time! . . . . . .  Wont miss you sha!

Noone said it stopped. .

Did you know the reason why other species(whom the modern homo sapiens evolved) became extinct or all died out? Because of natural selection, Survival of the fittest, because we evolved with better survival skills than our ancestors and if in the future there is any chance for use to mutate and evolve this modern humans will become extinct unless some evolve into a different specie with a greater chance in surviving.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 12:26am On Aug 25, 2011
kandiikane:

No one said it stopped. .

Oh Really? So what are we EVOLVING INTO NEXT?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by BABE3: 12:31am On Aug 25, 2011
kandiikane:

BABE, we do really need a science section. . undecided undecided

LOL---Na today? Admin ignored my/our request, or rather, he/they is still thinking about it.

[size=14pt]Sidenote[/size]: Again, I don't see any reason why a theist (christians especially) should take their precious time to argue with a LEARNED athiest. Athiests always win! Why bother?

Their arguments are always tangible and based on science (or something related to that). They always provide physical facts (or something close to that).

As christians (or whatever religion), we don't have the "luxury" of providing people with logical facts. The Bible itself is already full of various contradictions. Our belief in God/christ is a thing of the heart and spirit! Our faith is far beyond logic! We can't expect an atheist to accept such reasoning.

Instead of Theists to be adding to their biblical knowledge and feeding their spiritual minds with good things (lol), they go around arguing with atheists--how smart! In the cause of "trying to prove a point", they begin to insults athiests-- **In my head, I'm like "See your life"** grin

Even if you must argue, argue with a fellow theist (My speciality  grin)

Only the power of God and prayers can change the heart of an atheist.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by kandiikane(m): 12:34am On Aug 25, 2011
BABE, some people need to learn serious, serious things. . grin

Even if you are going to argue be "learned" in that particular area na? undecided
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 25, 2011
kandiikane:

Did you know the reason why other species(whom the modern homo sapiens evolved) became extinct or all died out? Because of natural selection, Survival of the fittest, because we evolved with better survival skills than our ancestors and if in the future there is any chance for us to mutate and evolve this modern humans will become extinct unless some evolve into a different specie with a great chance in surviving.

Why then did the dinosaurs die out? surely they would have been the FITTEST of the lot right?

kandiikane:

See insects  if you spray them with pesticides majority will die but those that survive offsprings will mutate a strain that will make them become immune to the pesticides.

But billions of insects have yet to develop immunity to insecticides and we've been spraying them for so long right?

kandiikane:

I am not offended, I am not here to argue religion but teach sexkills what evolution says. .

you dont understand it either. Better not to even go there.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 12:42am On Aug 25, 2011
this has to be the most uninformed comment of the day.

BABE!:

Again, I don't see any reason why a theist (christians especially) should take their precious time to argue with a LEARNED athiest. Athiests always win! Why bother?

you mean atheists always shout loudest and most christians think science is something best left to carnal minds?

kandiikane:

Their arguments are always tangible and based on science (or something related to that). They always provide physical facts (or something close to that).

huh? You must not be very knowledgeable yourself.

kandiikane:

As christians (or whatever religion), we don't have the "luxury" of providing people with logical facts. The Bible itself is already full of various contradictions. Our belief in God/christ is a thing of the heart and spirit! Our faith is far beyond logic! We can't expect an atheist to accept such reasoning.

and this is why "atheists always win" . . . because we have "christians" like you who have not taken the time to educate themselves. What did you want the science section for?

kandiikane:

Only the power of God and prayers can change the heart of an atheist.[/color]

that's true, it doesnt however mean we go about with blank minds.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 12:43am On Aug 25, 2011
:d :d
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by kandiikane(m): 12:47am On Aug 25, 2011
davidylan:

Why then did the dinosaurs die out? surely they would have been the FITTEST of the lot right?

But billions of insects have yet to develop immunity to insecticides and we've been spraying them for so long right?

you dont understand it either. Better not to even go there.
How can they be fittest if they died?  

Yes, but do you see them dying out? It is because many become immune to these pesticides that it why they never completely die out and one reasons to why different varieties of pesticides are made to combat the mutated insects since the old pesticides cannot kill them anymore

I might not be an expert in evolution but I know much more than you. . You should have known this by now. .They teach this in high school. .
Even viruses evolve. .
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by BABE3: 12:49am On Aug 25, 2011
davidylan:

you mean atheists always shout loudest and most christians think science is something best left to carnal minds?

Of course not. You are only quoting a portion of what I said. I explained my comment further.

I'm a Pre-Medical student and a Christian, so I would be the last person to claim that science is for "carnal minds".
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 12:52am On Aug 25, 2011
kandiikane:

Yes, but do you see them dying out? It is because many become immune to these pesticides that it why they never completely die out and one reasons to why different varieties of pesticides are made to combat the mutated insects since the old pesticides cannot kill them anymore

I might not be an expert in evolution but I know much more than you. . You should have known this by now. .They teach this in high school. .
Even viruses evolve. .

So who/what was the fittest then?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by kandiikane(m): 12:53am On Aug 25, 2011
Maybe if you happen to do your damn research you would be here asking stupid questions?

Why then did the dinosaurs die out? surely they would have been the FITTEST of The lot right?

A damn stu[i]p[/i]id question . .Surely they were the fittest? WTH. .Go do your research. What because they were big or enormous with sharp teethes and they go "rawwr" that made them the fittest?  
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 25, 2011
kandiikane:

And why did the smaller animals not die out? Would that make any sense to you or do you not understand the meaning of the term "fittest"?

kandiikane:

That's bull. Are cockroaches becoming immune to insecticides? They survive because they procreate very fast and have so many offspring. You have varieties of insecticides because you have so many companies producing such and each is trying to outdo the other to push their own product.

kandiikane:

I will ignore the part about "i know much more than you" . . . just reading the few posts here from you convinces me i'd be wasting my time schooling you on your vague "google-assisted" ideas on evolution.

Learning evolution in high school doesnt make it right either. You should know that by now.

LEt me ask you a very simple question . . . how did the first living organism appear?

kandiikane:

Even viruses evolve. .

Stup[i]i[/i]d. Macro evolution is not the same as micro evolution. If you could prove that a virus "evolves" into a more complex and intelligent organism now then i might be willing to listen to you. That a virus mutates is not the same as saying it evolves . . . why havent viruses developed legs by now?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 12:57am On Aug 25, 2011
BABE!:

Of course not. You are only quoting a portion of what I said. I explained my comment further.

I'm a Pre-Medical student and Christian, so I would be the last person to claim that science is for "carnal minds".

Ok fair enough.

kandiikane:

Maybe if you happen to do your damn research you would be here asking silly questions?
A damn stu[i]p[/i]id question . .Surely they were the fittest? WTH. .Go do your research. What because they were big or enormous with sharp teethes and they go "rawwr" that made them the fittest?  

What the ignorant bleat when they dont want their ignorance to be challenged. No serious scientist argues that the dinosaurs disappeared due to evolution. the ice age, asteroids or deccan traps have been suggested as possible reasons for their extinction.

All these primary school id[b]i[/b]ots sef.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by kandiikane(m): 1:00am On Aug 25, 2011
sexkillz:

So who/what was the fittest then?
What you see on earth today surviving without any signs of extinction. . .And humans are the most advanced. .
davidylan:

And why did the smaller animals not die out? Would that make any sense to you or do you not understand the meaning of the term "fittest"?

That's bull. Are cockroaches becoming immune to insecticides? They survive because they procreate very fast and have so many offspring. You have varieties of insecticides because you have so many companies producing such and each is trying to outdo the other to push their own product.

I will ignore the part about "i know much more than you" . . . just reading the few posts here from you convinces me i'd be wasting my time schooling you on your vague "google-assisted" ideas on evolution.

Learning evolution in high school doesnt make it right either. You should know that by now.

LEt me ask you a very simple question . . . how did the first living organism appear?

Stup[i]i[/i]d. Macro evolution is not the same as micro evolution. If you could prove that a virus "evolves" into a more complex and intelligent organism now then i might be willing to listen to you. That a virus mutates is not the same as saying it evolves . . . why havent viruses developed legs by now?

I again I will quote
kandiikane:

Maybe if you happen to do your damn research you would be here asking silly questions?
Insects evolve resistants to pesticides maybe if you do your damn research you did know instead of bringing up bulls[i]h[/i]it. I have seen your posts before and it  all reeks with bullsh[i]i[/i]t. . Idi[i]o[/i]t, evolutionist will still tell you that evolution still happens at a smaller scale not one where a virus develops legs. .Id[i]io[/i]t
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:00am On Aug 25, 2011
Jeez Bro! Stop making things too complicated for her! SHE DOES NOT KNOW!!!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:02am On Aug 25, 2011
kandiikane:

What you see on earth today surviving without any signs of extinction. . .And humans are the most advanced. .

PLS NO INSULTS! angry
And i ask AGAIN, What are we EVOLVING TO NEXT? ZOOMAN? undecided
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 25, 2011
While you would be far better off asking scientist who specialize in the fields of evolutionary biology, biochemistry, and even bioengineering here are some good starters.

WHERE DID LIFE COME FROM?
WHAT IS THE ORIGIN OF LIFE?
[flash=480,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8nYTJf62sE[/flash]

WHAT IS THE ORIGIN OF EVOLUTION?
[flash=480,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q76jw0ZB9hA&feature=channel_video_title[/flash]

WHY ARE HUMANS ON EARTH?
[flash=480,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCayG4IIOEQ&feature=relmfu[/flash]
[flash=480,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDknzZ9b6rg&feature=relmfu[/flash]

More on the Human Brain
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129027124

WHERE ARE WE GOING?
Space maybe? It is a big Universe after all.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:05am On Aug 25, 2011
kandiikane:

extinction and evolution are not the same. Please get a biology textbook. The wooly mammoth is extinct . . . what did it "evolve" to?

kandiikane:

I again I will quoteInsects evolve resistants to pesticides maybe if you do your damn research you did know instead of bringing up bulls[i]h[/i]it. I have seen your posts before and it  all reeks with bullsh[i]i[/i]t. . Idi[i]o[/i]t, evolutionist will still tell you that evolution still happens at a smaller scale not one where a virus develops legs. .Id[i]io[/i]t

First of all . . . learn to spell and write proper english.
Secondly, when evolutionists tell you that "evolution happens at a smaller scale" i.e. micro evolution - what they mean is they have NO proof macro evolution occurs but they need something to blind the eyes of the ignorant like you.

thirdly . . . insects developing immunity to pesticides is not the same as "evolution". Some Caucasians develop immunity to HIV by failing to express CCR5, so what have they "evolved" to and when are the rest of us going extinct?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 25, 2011
The problem with the questions posed by the OP is that they reveal a lot of human bias; as if 'origin of life' is necessarily tantamount to 'origin of Man'.

You could as well ask: why do bed bugs and cockroaches exist? Where do they go when they die? Why are chickens, cows, goats, fish(es), etc 'destined' for our stomachs? Where do they go when they die? Why are there thousands of species of different animals and creatures? Do they have souls/spirits?

Life is complicated and no one can claim to have answers. It's pointless to try to find answers in the Bible alone (or to use it as the basis for one's supposed certainty), given that it is only a matter of faith and belief, not empirical science.

The truth of the matter is that we're all absolutely and pathetically inconsequential in the larger scheme of things. Triilions of humans and other animals have inhabited the world before us; trillions more would after us. No matter what we do or do not do, what we are or aren't, what we achieve or do not achieve, it would all ultimately be inconsequential and would not make any difference in the infinitum and continuum of time over the centuries, millennia and aeons ahead. Where we came from, we do not know, and where we would go to, we do not know. It's sad, but also funny: a tragi-comedy if you ask me.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:08am On Aug 25, 2011
Idehn:

While you would be far better off asking scientist who specialize in the fields of evolutionary biology, biochemistry, and even bioengineering here are some good starters.

oh dear, the ignorant and their over-reliance on youtube, wikipedia and google. How would they defend their nonsense if they didnt have this is a mystery.

Before watching dozens of youtube videos . . . understand one fact first - if evolution was a FACT (the same way gravity is), it wont be a controversy today.

2. How did DNA suddenly appear from nowhere? Can we use this knowledge to generate DNA in the lab now?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by kandiikane(m): 1:09am On Aug 25, 2011

It is believed that the first living organisms might have evolved from Protobionts but there are different theories to this
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:11am On Aug 25, 2011
pro01:

The problem with the questions posed by the OP is that they reveal a lot of human bias; as if 'origin of life' is necessarily tantamount to 'origin of Man'.

that's absolutely untrue and is more a reflection of your own bias.

1. The question on the origin of life is a valid one because man himself is a product of whatever this origin was . . . if evolution is true.

2. If indeed there is proof that life can be generated spontaneously, can we recreate this event at the bench?

3. How did this primordial soup create an environment conducive to generate the first L-handed proteins and RNA - basic building blocks of any life?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:12am On Aug 25, 2011
kandiikane:

It is believed that the first living organisms might have evolved from Protobionts but there are different theories to this

and these protobionts formed RNA from?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by BABE3: 1:13am On Aug 25, 2011
Sorry my replies 'came' late. It appeared that you quoted kandikane instead of me.

davidylan:

huh? You must not be very knowledgeable yourself.

I don't really get your point.

davidylan:

and this is why "atheists always win" . . . because we have "christians" like you who have not taken the time to educate themselves. What did you want the science section for?

I do educate myself. I do question my beliefs. But at some point in time Science and Religion (our faith) always clash! Joggling the two together can be very tricky and "delicate".

Science section? For science related topics.

davidylan:

that's true, it doesnt however mean we go about with blank minds.

Blank minds? I've had lengthy, never-ending arguments with thiests on NL on biblical matters that were science-like. Choosing not to argue with an atheist doesn't mean I don't know my stuff.

In a nutshell, I would prefer to argue with a "Scientific theist". That makes more sense to me.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:16am On Aug 25, 2011
Idehn:

While you would be far better off asking scientist who specialize in the fields of evolutionary biology, biochemistry, and
Those dont answer the questions! Do they?

davidylan:

extinction and evolution are not the same. Please get a biology textbook. [size=15pt]The wooly mammoth is extinct . . . what did it "evolve" to?
[/size]
First of all . . . learn to spell and write proper english.
Secondly, when evolutionists tell you that "evolution happens at a smaller scale" i.e. micro evolution - what they mean is they have NO proof macro evolution occurs but they need something to blind the eyes of the ignorant like you.

thirdly . . . insects developing immunity to pesticides is not the same as "evolution". Some Caucasians develop immunity to HIV by failing to express CCR5, so[size=15pt] what have they "evolved" to and when are the rest of us going extinct?[/size]

[size=14pt]THEY CANT ANSWER!!! Why making them sound ignorant?  COME DOWN TO HER LEVEL ABEG![/size]
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:16am On Aug 25, 2011
BABE!:

I don't really get your point.

I do educate myself. I do question my beliefs. But at some point in time Science and Religion (our faith) always clash! Joggling the two together can be very tricky and "delicate".

Science section? For science related topics.

Blank minds? I've had lengthy, never-ending arguments with thiests on NL on biblical matters that were science-like. Choosing not to argue with an atheist doesn't mean I don't know my stuff.

In a nutshell, I would prefer to argue with a "Scientific theist". That makes more sense to me.

I agree with you. Fair enough.

I dont think science and religion clash as in a lot of what passes for science today is simply man's desire to defy God Himself. I'm a scientist myself . . . its amazing how little science really knows about evolution when you finally get behind the bench yourself. If indeed RNA could be generated spontaneously, we would long have figured out how to cure genetic diseases today.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:17am On Aug 25, 2011
davidylan:

oh dear, the ignorant and their over-reliance on youtube, wikipedia and google. How would they defend their nonsense if they didnt have this is a mystery.

The OP did not even bother to use them. They probably have little understanding of evolution(much like yourself it seems),  so a bare bones approach is called for. Otherwise I would have just pointed them to scientific journals/works.

davidylan:

Before watching dozens of youtube videos . . . understand one fact first - if evolution was a FACT (the same way gravity is), it wont be a controversy today.

You call others ignorant and in the same breath say something like this? Please do not project yourself on others.

davidylan:

2. How did DNA suddenly appear from nowhere? Can we use this knowledge to generate DNA in the lab now?

It did not appear from nowhere. Looks like you especially would benefit from watching the videos.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:19am On Aug 25, 2011
Idehn:

The OP did not even bother to use them. They probably have little understanding of evolution(much like yourself it seems),  so a bare bones approach is called for.
You call others ignorant and in the same breath say something like this? Please do not project yourself on others.

It did not appear from nowhere. Looks like you especially would benefit from watching the videos.

PATHETIC EVASION OF THE ISSUE AT HAND!!! undecided
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:20am On Aug 25, 2011
sexkillz:

PATHETIC EVASION OF THE ISSUE AT HAND!!! undecided

Evasion of what?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:23am On Aug 25, 2011
Idehn:

The OP did not even bother to use them. They probably have little understanding of evolution(much like yourself it seems),  so a bare bones approach is called for. Otherwise I would have just pointed them to scientific journals/works.

I've been arguing this topic here for the last 2-3 yrs and i get the same ignorant escapist response from you connoisseurs of science.

i.e Go do your research, i wont spoonfeed you, a barebones approach is called for e.t.c. anything but making the slightest attempt to provide empirical proof for their baseless claims.

If indeed evolution is true, where are the intermediate life forms? How come complex organisms that look exactly like their modern day counterparts appear suddenly in the fossil record? I guess i dont know anything anyway so why bother.

Idehn:

Dumb. That's a valid question . . . why is evolution a controversy today if it was widely accepted fact with empirical proof? No one spends all day arguing about the validity of gravity no?

Idehn:

you could have easily provided empirical proof of where it came from instead of directing us to another mishmash of someone's baseless speculations.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:31am On Aug 25, 2011
^^^^AND YOUR POINT IS?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? / The Haunted House / Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.