Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,305 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) (13789 Views)

The Origin of Na.kedness / "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" / The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by IbroSaunks(m): 11:01am On Aug 25, 2011
evil brain,

well maybe i was a little too harsh on the bloke, but i still believe some of the things he said are wrong!!!

if u believe everything scientist say, without looking at other factors, it restricts your vision!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by IbroSaunks(m): 11:09am On Aug 25, 2011
@harakiri

i get u man, i know u don't have any beliefs. i know you don't have any answers. I'm not trying to convert u or anything, but my point is, stop relegating peeps that do believe in stuff, and have their own answers, when u don't even know the answer! Also, i see some atheists have answers, so that probably means there r different types of atheists, so ur views cannot be generalized.

lastly, i remember u said something about excuses in reply to one of my first comments, but honestly, simply observing the world around us and its magnificence, and seeing that there really has to be some reason to it all, is not an excuse, its seriously true. i know i would feel so empty, and feel life is worthless, if i believe it all just happened by coincidence. call it instincts, but even instincts pay off many times. thats just how i feel, and im sure a lot of people feel the same way.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 11:10am On Aug 25, 2011
IbroSaunks:

evil brain,

well maybe i was a little too harsh on the bloke, but i still believe some of the things he said are wrong!!!

if u believe everything scientist say, without looking at other factors, it restricts your vision!

State the facts that a "restricting" my vision. If you're the kid in that picture on your profile, then i can understand why your comments sound so naive. I was once there.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by IbroSaunks(m): 11:11am On Aug 25, 2011
nope i am not the kid!!!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by IbroSaunks(m): 11:14am On Aug 25, 2011
that picture is sooo old, didnt find any other nearby,
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by badlaw(f): 11:17am On Aug 25, 2011
as for me there is god, but there is no life after here (earth) if there is then tell me where is heaven ? up down or side way ?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by EvilBrain1(m): 11:24am On Aug 25, 2011
IbroSaunks:

evil brain,

Nobody is asking you to believe everything scientists say. Scepticism is one of the most important tools a scientist has. After all, if Darwin had believed everything the scientists in his time had said, there would be no theory of evolution. If Einstein had accepted what he was told there would be no quantum theory or relativity.

What I'm saying is don't argue blindly. Examine the best available evidence before making up your mind. Don't be afraid to accept you're wrong when new evidence appears. Never reject the truth even if it contradicts your religious beliefs or is inconvenient in some way. This is how creationists are the same as global warming deniers. But an inconvenient truth is still the truth.

An what is science if not the search for truth?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 11:29am On Aug 25, 2011
IbroSaunks:

@harakiri

i get u man, i know u don't have any beliefs. i know you don't have any answers. I'm not trying to convert u or anything, but my point is, stop  relegating peeps that do believe in stuff, and have their own answers, when u don't even know the answer! Also, i see some atheists have answers, so that probably means there r different types of atheists, so your views cannot be generalized.

lastly, i remember u said something about excuses in reply to one of my first comments, but honestly, simply observing the world around us and its magnificence, and seeing that there really has to be some reason to it all, is not an excuse, its seriously true. i know i would feel so empty, and feel life is worthless, if  i believe it all just happened by coincidence. call it instincts, but even instincts pay off many times. thats just how i feel, and im sure a lot of people feel the same way.

You see the problem with people like you is that you have issues with READING AND UNDERSTANDING! I'll explain :

First of all, i never came here to "relegate" any religious people. READ THE THREAD TITLE my friend! It's specifically directed at Atheists by a poster whose presumably biased by religion. If your insecurities are threatened by my blatant statements on here, then that's your problem not mine but everything i have said here is the COLD TRUTH and i dare anyone to challenge anything I've said so far.

Second, i want you to understand that as much as people distribute "politically correct statements" such as "do not generalize", any rational thinking human beings knows everyone generalizes either consciously or subconsciously. I won't bother going into detail on that as it does not relate to this thread and neither have i "generalized" anything that isn't the obvious truth. If your brain isn't matured enough to put the puzzle together, that again. . .is your problem not mine.

Third, you and other religious folks keep using the EXCUSE of the "world around us" to validate your beliefs. Does this mean that you believe in the myth of Sango,Orunmilla, Obatala and Amadioha? If you are ACTUALLY READ what i wrote previously, i stated that every religious sect has it's own myths to explain mysteries of the world and they are all different from each other. Would you say the other sect is lying? Hmm?

Look, all this attempts of mine to try and reason with you people is obviously not going anywhere. You can not prove the existence of your god and at the same time, you don't understand why i can't be block headed and mentally dull like yourselves to believe in crap! Even moslems and christians have teamed up because they believe "EVERYONE MUST BELONG TO SOMETHING". No wonder Africa remains unprogressive with the reetards that make up the mass majority of it's populace.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by IbroSaunks(m): 11:32am On Aug 25, 2011
@evil brain

i am not arguing blindly, heck im not even arguing, im saying i BELIEVE charles darwin is wrong about the theory of evolution and i believe God created the earth and us, human beings. I am not going to prove that to you, as i know that even if i try, you will not understand me and would call me things like gullible and sentimental.

The earth did not come to being by an explosion of chemicals, or by coincidence. i continue to take all the things around me in and the more i do that, the more im convinced about the falsity of that. Someone is behind everything, someone has to be, u may call it whatever u want, sentiment, etc, but to me, its as rational as it gets!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 11:36am On Aug 25, 2011
IbroSaunks:

@evil brain

i am not arguing blindly, heck im not even arguing, im saying i BELIEVE charles darwin is wrong about the theory of evolution and i believe God created the earth and us, human beings. I am not going to prove that to you, as i know that even if i try, you will not understand me and would call me things like gullible and sentimental.

The earth did not come to being by an explosion of chemicals, or by coincidence. i continue to take all the things around me in and the more i do that, the more im convinced about the falsity of that. Someone is behind everything, someone has to be, u may call it whatever u want, sentiment, etc, but to me, its as rational as it gets!

You talk as if you were there when this presumed god created the earth and human beings and yet you are too chicken to defend it. That smacks of "intelligence". I'm not an evolutionist (although their theories are WAY WAY WAY more logical than that of people who think they were created from SAND! ! !)
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 25, 2011
harakiri:

Look, all this attempts of mine to try and reason with you people is obviously not going anywhere. You can't not prove the existence of your god and at the same time, you don't understand why i can't be block headed and mentally dull like yourselves to believe in crap! Even moslems and christians have teamed up because they believe "EVERYONE MUST BELONG TO SOMETHING". No wonder Africa remains unprogressive with the reetards that make up the mass majority of it's populace.

I learned that from the legendary Olaadegbu!! lmao Africa won't remain in that state for long, Jesus is coming soon!! Anytime now>>>>>>.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Kay17: 11:39am On Aug 25, 2011
@ibrosaunks the earth is a rich mixture of chemical compounds, why cant it be a byproduct of dead stars? Of what use does Pluto's ice have for mankind? What use is humanity and earth to the entire universe? If we are a creation of a creator, what is how purpose and relevance to him in relation to the entirety of creation?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 11:46am On Aug 25, 2011
Delafruita:

@harakiri

it would tke a really long time to go through the entire thread so please forgive my overisghts if i repeat something that had been posted earlier.

Firstly i must state tht i am a christian.tht however doesnt mean that i havent sometimes asked a lot of questions about "God".

I know i would never have had contact with christianity if the missionaries hadnt come to africa so it gets me wondering if i would have gone to  plce of fiery torment called "hell" if they hadnt come to africa nd i had never heard of the name "Jesus" by which "we shall be saved".

I ask myself why "God" would create the world and then select to himself "his own people" clled isreal out of all the people he created.then he would incite them to wage wars against other people who were also created by God.

I ask myself if God really wnted the isrealites to own a certain land,why didnt he just create them there?

I also ask myself why God who is all-knowing didnt forsee that adam and eve would disobey him.

There are too many questions on the christin "God" that a whole day wont be enough to type them out

as for the holy book called "Bible",thats the only place(with the exception of the Qu'ran and the Torah) where there is evidence of "God" and many of the other stuff.

Christian will lways quote the bible to support his existence of God.that same christian is however oblivious of the fact that thet bible was put together by emperor constantine with his tools been the biased bishops at the second nicene council in 371AD nd therefore had imprints of a man who decided what to include.its probable that some of the accounts were distorted or totally removed.

The only evidence of Jesus dying and resurecting is in the same bible.

I think i'd layoff the discrepancies at this point.i don't castigate people for not believing in God just as i dont lay claim to been on the "right path".i believe in the God of the bible and that takes a lot of faith based on what my research has shown and the evidences my walk with him has chalked up.

But that doesnt mean i am still not baffled by a lot of things that surround christianity.

As for the age of the world,its definitely not 6000years old.even the bible doesnt say that.a lot of "christians" miscontrue the accounts of genesis 1:1-2.

A good understanding of those verses reveals that there was a timeline between verses 1 and 2 the lenght of which is unknown

Great write up but i have just one question for you :

WHAT PROOF CAN YOU BRING TO THE TABLE TO VERIFY THE CLAIM OF THIS god AS BEING THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by IbroSaunks(m): 11:58am On Aug 25, 2011
harakiri,

you don't have to verbally say it before u mean it,  i know the thread was directed at you, but from the language u used from the very beginning, its obvious what ur opinion about religious peeps is. All u have to do is imply.

No one is going to prove to you that God exists, ull keep questioning, theres a particular story i heard one day on radio. sadly i have forgotten it. when i remember ill post it. but in the end, it is only you that can find the answers, and if u feel cool being "answerless", then fine, stay that way! I guess thats the way "the force" wants it!

may the force be with u! wink
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by IbroSaunks(m): 12:07pm On Aug 25, 2011
@harakiri, i am defending it, i just won't argue, maybe after fasting when i don't have to conserve my strength i would come back!

@martian, so it all just exploded, and kept growing, and growing and growing, so who told the chemicals to combine in the first place, they knew they just had to so they could create life.

bro, i know itll seem off bringing instincts again, but iv thought about it, and seriously, it soo doesn't feel right! Don't ask me how, it just can't be. It doesn't "deserve" to be, i could just shoot myself and that would be the end, and in the end life is pointless??nope, i refuse to accept that, i refuse!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 12:16pm On Aug 25, 2011
IbroSaunks:

harakiri,

you don't have to verbally say it before u mean it,  i know the thread was directed at you, but from the language u used from the very beginning, its obvious what your opinion about religious peeps is. All u have to do is imply.

No one is going to prove to you that God exists, ull keep questioning, theres a particular story i heard one day on radio. sadly i have forgotten it. when i remember ill post it. but in the end, it is only you that can find the answers, and if u feel cool being "answerless", then fine, stay that way! I guess thats the way "the force" wants it!

may the force be with u! wink

***[s]I'm beginning to wonder how stars wars got into the mix (the force?)[/s]***
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by IbroSaunks(m): 12:24pm On Aug 25, 2011
im exhausted man, its okay, u can believe religious peeps don't know what they are doing and all, its ok, i pray God guides you though.

Also man, one thing, u said u have thought about things alot, spent 17 years, wow, thats a lot, but u haven't given us insight about ur thought process, or the things that actually went through ur mind.

Could u like, try to do that, maybe a summary!! wink
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 25, 2011
@ sexkillz
since you say everything starts somewhere , where does your god start or begin , what is his origin and if you can't explain that then we can deduce his non existence
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by martlol: 12:48pm On Aug 25, 2011
wt a nys questn, bt bad conclusion,mayb u nid 2 ask urslf more questns, lyk,aw waz d water we use,drink brot into excistence, ds sun dat brightens our day,wat is d beginnin,n more tins lyk dat,dat we can only guess,its answers,d fact is dres little we human know n even til d end of d world,new things wil alwaz come up dat wil alwz beat our imaginatn, becus we dnt no d beginin of somtin dosnt prove it dosnt xcist
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by IbroSaunks(m): 12:52pm On Aug 25, 2011
, my friend says u guys are confused!! grin
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 25, 2011
I have come to know ATHEISTS dont BELIEVE ANYTHING like they say! Well then, bear that in mind and ANSWER HONESTLY:

DO YOU BELIEVE IN YOUR OWN LIFE?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 25, 2011
@ martol
essentially what you are saying is since science can't come up with a definite explanation it doesn't mean it is wrong
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 25, 2011
apocalypse:

@ sexkillz
since you say everything starts somewhere , where does your god start or begin , what is his origin and if you can't explain that then we can deduce his non existence

Hmm! Another FOILED ATTEMPT to derail this THREAD! Sorry my Man! The BEAM is on ATHEISTS! Dont you Get? In as Much as i'm itching to reply you, I WONT do so On THIS THREAD!

Thats' WHY ALL ATHEISTS are CONFUSED! THEY ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS & REFUSE ALL THE ANSWERS?  SO INTELLIGENT if you ask me!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 1:04pm On Aug 25, 2011
IbroSaunks:

im exhausted man, its okay, u can believe religious peeps don't know what they are doing and all, its ok, i pray God guides you though.

Also man, one thing, u said u have thought about things alot, spent 17 years, wow, thats a lot, but u haven't given us insight about your thought process, or the things that actually went through your mind.

Could u like, try to do that, maybe a summary!! wink

Are you seriously asking me this? Coz the way i see things, the only thing you religious folks are looking for are holes to pick on to make up for your insecurities and not necessarily to exchange perspectives. All this same, here goes :

I was raised as in a Christian household. Between the age of 13yrs-14yrs, i observed a lot of things i was taught in church from the bible didn't just add up e.g i wondered why they say god is a kind and merciful god and yet he has made up his mind to punish his own creation all because another of his creation (the devil) deceived mankind. Second, i wondered why they say he's an "all knowing god" and yet, he didn't know they would fall into temptation in the garden of Eden and thus, receive punishment. Third, i wondered how Cain managed to get married whereas the bible depicts only three humans remaining after the death of Abel (i opened a thread on this about 18 months ago). Fourth, i wondered why a god that supposedly created the world had to sacrifice his son to save his own creation whereas all he had to do was snap his fingers and everything would return to normal. I can go on and on but these are a few of the questions that ran through my mind at that tender age and i went as far as questioning bible class leaders and you know what happened? THEY REBUKED ME! Some even said i was possessed and one of them told my mom i "needed prayers". That's just how phucked up it was. Here was a little teenager trying to understand the scriptures and all he got was a brick wall.

I kept my questions to myself, got very active in the church to the extent i actually became a bible class leader (lol). . .later on, in my mid-twenties, i started asking questions again. Same old cold shoulders. I then went on a sabbatical to study the bible (and other manuscripts i could get my hands on), i started debating with preachers and the like. . .still cold shoulders. To cut the story short, i went on another sabbatical again but this time, i had more than enough to let me know i have been wasting my time all along and i am yet to see ONE PERSON that can prove me wrong (look at all the rigmarolling,beating about the bush and snide remarks that have been used to avoid direct questions on this thread and you know the rest of the story).

I can go on and on but the little I've said is more than enough to get the message across.

Nuff said!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 25, 2011
apocalypse:

@ martol
essentially what you are saying is since science can't come up with a definite explanation it doesn't mean it is wrong
NO? WHAT HE MEANS IS THAT SCIENCE DONT KNOW! & are UTTERLY CONFUSED! WORSE THAN THE ATHEISTS IF YOU ASK ME?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 25, 2011
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I AM NOT REJECTING SCIENCE. NO? I AM SIMPLY REJECTING THE INTERPRETATION OF SCIENCE ON THIS THREAD BY ATHEISTS!!!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by IbroSaunks(m): 1:14pm On Aug 25, 2011
my friend was right!!!

firstly, im not a christian, but God has his reasons for doing everything, most times to us we see an obviously better simpler way to do something, but we are not able to understand a seemingly tougher, flawed way, but in the long run, better. That u can't see the reason to this don't mean they are messed up.

secondly, i don't want to attack the christians, but u are not the only one with the questions about their religion. ill prefer to avoid that, but like i said earlier, u don't know much about my religion!, see, u don't know well enough about it man.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 25, 2011
Which of the following MAKES MORE SENSE?

a) Someone Built this WEBSITE called NAIRALAND!
b) The WEBSITE called NAIRALAND EVOLVED from other EXISTING WEBSITES!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Whether YOU FIGHT this or NOT! There is A VERY INTELLIGENT BEING behind the[b] ORIGIN of LIFE![/b] If you doubt it, pls NAME ONE ORDERLY PROCESS (like the CREATION OF NAIRALAND) that did not require some directing intelligence and I’ll kiss your ATHEISTIC ARSE! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by kandiikane(m): 1:34pm On Aug 25, 2011
sexkillz:

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I AM NOT REJECTING SCIENCE. NO? I AM SIMPLY REJECTING THE INTERPRETATION OF SCIENCE ON THIS THREAD BY ATHEISTS!!!
These are not interpretations of opinions by people but what they have learnt in regards to what science says. . There are different theories to it and the search is still going on. Which is what science is about explaining and looking for answers.

You don't have to look at these theories and accept them because it is silly for you to go out and ask people to prove to you other origins of life so you can "convert" when you are not willing to read it for yourself(you can only learn and understand directly). Plus, you cannot prove to anyone here your origins of life.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by kandiikane(m): 1:36pm On Aug 25, 2011
sexkillz:

Which of the following MAKES MORE SENSE?

a) Someone Built this WEBSITE called NAIRALAND!
b) The WEBSITE called NAIRALAND EVOLVED from other EXISTING WEBSITES!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Whether YOU FIGHT this or NOT! There is A VERY INTELLIGENT BEING behind the[b] ORIGIN of LIFE![/b] If you doubt it, pls NAME ONE ORDERLY PROCESS (like the CREATION OF NAIRALAND) that did not require some directing intelligence and I’ll kiss your ATHEISTIC ARSE! grin grin grin grin grin grin

I want you to look at Intelligent design which is different to the evolutionary theory or hypothesis whatever you want to call it.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 25, 2011
kandiikane:

I want you to look a Intelligent design which is different to the evolutionary theory or hypothesis whatever you want to call it.
Come Again?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by snthesis(m): 1:56pm On Aug 25, 2011
hw come no one has answered my question

kandiikane:

I want you to look a Intelligent design which is different to the evolutionary theory or hypothesis whatever you want to call it.
abeg rewind grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? / The Haunted House / Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.