Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,924 members, 7,835,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) (13818 Views)

The Origin of Na.kedness / "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" / The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by mantraa: 8:57pm On Aug 25, 2011
Now here is where things become laughable . . . if indeed Sutherland's experiment is right, it means phosphate did NOT EXIST for millions of years while the basic components of RNA were already formed and lying around waiting patiently for phosphates?
Considering the FACT that phosphate must have been an initial part of the primordial soup, Sutherland's experiment is a very strong argument for why RNA would not spontaneously form in nature and still does not today. Because as long as phosphate was a starting material, you had no RNA!

"A phosphate, an inorganic chemical, is a salt of phosphoric acid. In organic chemistry, a phosphate, or organophosphate, is an ester of phosphoric acid. Organic phosphates are important in biochemistry and biogeochemistry or ecology. Inorganic phosphates are mined to obtain phosphorus for use in agriculture and industry. At elevated temperatures in the solid state, phosphates can condense to form pyrophosphates."

In other words, phosphate is a naturally occuring inorganic chemical.
I admit that the chances of these chemical all combining together in the right combinations to form the first self replicating molecule were probably a billion to one. But when you have had a billion years between the formation of the earth and the first evidence of life on it the chances comes down to one. If all the inorganic elements are there on a planet with thousands of different and changing environments, its just a matter of time,  In our case about a billion years.

Now if you dont believe that the earth is billions of years old then i can understand why you would have a problem with this scenario. All the evidence points to the earth being around 4.5 billion years old with organic life beginning around 3.5 billion years ago.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 25, 2011
BABE!:

Mr. David.

At quote 1: Me saying they have a knowledge of the bible doesn't mean I'm saying they understand it the way christians do. And trust me, for anyone to know that the bible is full of contradiction, means they know something about it. A good number of christians still argue that there are no contradictions in the bible. Or rather, they say contradictions are "continuation" of stories. I'm like "Really?"

1. Lets get serious here, i can point you to 50 websites that carry variations of the same long list of "bible contradictions". That an atheist posts maybe 2-3 does not mean he/she has ever even opened the bible. You can easily borrow arguments from the web. Dont get easily impressed by all you read here.

2. I know a lot of contradictions in the quran . . . and i know next to nothing about it.

3. No serious christian argues that there are no "contradictions" in the bible, the question is are those REALLY contradictions or a failure of understanding?

BABE!:

At quote 2: Errrrm, I do understand that the biblical stories are to tell lessons. If I can't comprehend that, then why am I a christian Damnit?! (lol).
However, it's still inevitable that Mr. samson, an overrated character, is very much one of many overrated fellows in the bible.

Because you say so doesnt make it right.
If you understood the bible at all like you claim, then you realise that all the characters point to only one thing - the redemption story.

That you call samson over-rated says a lot about your own idea of what christianity is. It is NOT about a cast of goodly people but a story of love, grace, mercy and forgiveness. It is about falling and being humble enough to acknowledge this and seek help to rise again. Would David or Solomon also qualify as "over-rated" too? Afterall they stole wives, lied, killed . . . or because Samson doesnt have a long long book dedicated to him too?

BABE!:

At quote 3: Who's talking about "why he made the choices"? Of course he chose them for a reason. Duh! I'm talking about why he decided to choose those chracters. Why them? Why not someone else? And those are fo[i]o[/i]lish questions sef. Read the couple of sentences I typed after the ones you highlighted, to get a meaningful comprehension of my point.

I'm not sure you read my comment . . . here it is again and pay attention to the key detail - and exactly WHY did God make those choices? the answer is there in the bible, you should dig deeper and find it.

You made no meaningful point my dear. Many of you have an overhyped opinion of your own writings, i guess because you think you are a pre-med student we should bow down in awe. My brother is about finishing med school so what have you achieved?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 25, 2011
mantraa:

"A phosphate, an inorganic chemical, is a salt of phosphoric acid. In organic chemistry, a phosphate, or organophosphate, is an ester of phosphoric acid. Organic phosphates are important in biochemistry and biogeochemistry or ecology. Inorganic phosphates are mined to obtain phosphorus for use in agriculture and industry. At elevated temperatures in the solid state, phosphates can condense to form pyrophosphates."

In other words, phosphate is a naturally occuring inorganic chemical.
I admit that the chances of these chemical all combining together in the right combinations to form the first self replicating molecule were probably a billion to one. But when you have had a billion years between the formation of the earth and the first evidence of life on it the chances comes down to one. If all the inorganic elements are there on a planet with thousands of different and changing environments, its just a matter of time,  In our case about a billion years.

Now if you dont believe that the earth is billions of years old then i can understand why you would have a problem with this scenario. All the evidence points to the earth being around 4.5 billion years old with organic life beginning around 3.5 billion years ago.

this is metaphysics pure and simple. No relation to common logic. So for billions of years, the components of RNA sat around STABLY waiting for phosphorus to show up?

You said phosphorus is a naturally occuring inorganic chemical . . . so are you suggesting it wasnt occurring at one point to allow the other RNA components to form then appeared to complete the RNA cycle? Even you know that is statistically impossible but of course you have to beat your drum for your atheistic faith. I understand.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 25, 2011
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 25, 2011
mantraa:

Now[b] if you dont believe that the earth is billions of years old then i can understand why you would have a problem with this scenario[/b]. All the evidence points to the earth being around 4.5 billion years old with organic life beginning around 3.5 billion years ago.

that's beyond silly.

1. I believe the earth is far far older than a mere 6000 yrs so please dont project that to me.

2. The age of the earth has nothing to do with my understanding of the SCENARIO (no idea if this is empirically true or not).

3. Lets take you up on your nonsense . . . if the age of the earth is 5 billion yrs . . . then we assume that the time taken for phosphorus to appear by magic and form RNA is roughly 1 billion yrs (by your own estimation) . . . then is it your claim that this pre-RNA probiont then took 4 billion years to go from a primordial soup to a full-fledged human like you? lol what are the odds? Nil!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by dare2think: 9:09pm On Aug 25, 2011
davidylan:

you are too easily carried away by verbose words. You are too easily swayed by copy-paste jobs from other sites. When i read from the atheists i don't see "how deep they have searched" or a "level of sound mind", i only see a lot of obfuscation, ignorance cloaked with highfalutin jargon (that impresses the ignorant) and insults of course.

Sorry, but are you aware of the contradiction in that post ^^? Displaying the very points you are accusing others of.

undecided
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 25, 2011
omo_to_dun:

It is always interesting and heartwarming to see someone who insults others simply because they have differing opinions. H[b]ow you came to the conclusion that HAIRCRAFT is impressionable simply because he stated his opinion is both miraculous and breathtaking.[/b] I wish I had your discerning mind. The irony of your post is daunting: the obfuscation and ignorance that you see in others' posts are deeply buried in yours. Take that peck out of your putative genius eyes before condemning others.

Dumb. you can easily read that from his posts.

I have read a lot of the posts here . . . if i wasnt into science myself it would have been so easy to be swept away by folks like Idehn who give us nature and JBC articles as "proof" of their claims. Unfortunately since i publish myself, i know a lot of this papers are not worth the paper they are written on. 3 citations in less than minor journals in 2 yrs is enough to tell you.

I always maintain . . . the only atheist here who ever had a sound grounding in science was KAG . . . and she left here 3 yrs ago. The rest of you just parrot what you see on wikipedia then come to impress the ignorant like haircraft.

If you see obfuscation in my posts then kindly point them out, i am not afraid to break it down. Neither will i dodge them with the escapist "i wont spoonfeed you".
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 25, 2011
dare2think:

Sorry, but are you aware of the contradiction in that post ^^? Displaying the very points you are accusing others of.

undecided

Its a two-way street. no contradictions here. The default mindset of the atheist is that the religious person is ignorant, in delusion and half as smart because he/she is not busy on talkorigins copying faulty claims for evolution. That much was evident from the very first 10 posts here.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 25, 2011
Notice how they all strenuously avoid having to debate their scientific reasons for debunking the "myth" that is the bible.

you all hang your hats on science you dont understand then turn around to claim the religionist is deluded? lol
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by dare2think: 9:21pm On Aug 25, 2011
davidylan:

Its a two-way street. no contradictions here. The default mindset of the atheist is that the religious person is ignorant, in delusion and half as smart because he/she is not busy on talkorigins copying faulty claims for evolution. That much was evident from the very first 10 posts here.

And you base your conclusion on the amount of Atheists that you have come across or what? Most Atheist that I have come across are quite passive and tolerant to other people's views. however you still get the militant ones as you would in every other aspect of humanity including Christians.

Please, refrain from undue generalizations and accept the fact that we can't all think in the same direction. (A healthy debate should be encouraged though)
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by mantraa: 9:23pm On Aug 25, 2011
You said phosphorus is a naturally occuring inorganic chemical  . . . so are you suggesting it wasnt occurring at one point to allow the other RNA components to form then appeared to complete the RNA cycle? Even you know that is statistically impossible but of course you have to beat your drum for your atheistic faith. I understand.

It is not statistically impossible for abiogenisis to happen if it is a billion to one chance with a billion years to happen. Once abiogenisis has occurred then natural selection can occur. With the imperfections of self replication and a constantly changing environment only those that survive successfully will continue to evolve. It has taken 3.5 billion years for life to evolve to what we have today, although 99% of the life on this planet was unsuccessful and became extinct.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 25, 2011
mantraa:

It is not statistically impossible for abiogenisis to happen if it is a billion to one chance with a billion years to happen. Once abiogenisis has occurred then natural selection can occur. With the imperfections of self replication and a constantly changing environment only those that survive successfully will continue to evolve. It has taken 3.5 billion years for life to evolve to what we have today, although 99% of the life on this planet was unsuccessful and became extinct.

Based on your own statistics . . . that is bull. If it takes 1 billion years to generate the smallest RNA strand then it took a mere 3 times that to move from a protobiont to a fully functional multicellular organism capable of logic and complex reasoning? cheesy cheesy cheesy If you believe the above then i have an island to sell you.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Enigma(m): 9:49pm On Aug 25, 2011
davidylan:

In my experience, most evangelical atheists are sciolists, usually repeating the same stock arguments, challenging the same particular set of passages from the Bible, often parroting old arguments some of which the original proponents have accepted to be obsolete or superseded by superior arguments etc etc. smiley
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by mantraa: 9:49pm On Aug 25, 2011
Based on your own statistics . . . that is bull. If it takes 1 billion years to generate the smallest RNA strand then it took a mere 3 times that to move from a protobiont to a fully functional multicellular organism capable of logic and complex reasoning?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy If you believe the above then i have an island to sell you.

Abiogenisis from inorganic chemicals and evolution via a process of natural selection are two completely different processes. You do know this.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by mazaje(m): 9:50pm On Aug 25, 2011
davidylan:

Firstly evolution has nothing to do with atheism, a lot of the proponent of evolution are Christians. . .Secondly enough of your crazy talk about scientific knowledge because you are no scientist, your contribution to science and the scientific process is WHAT?. . .

If you know what you are talking about you won't be crying here on nairaland telling us about your scientific knowledge, we will be reading about your scientific findings and  theories you have proposed. When will this fooool go and challenge the evolutionist and win himself a Nobel peace prize?. . .If you TRULY know what you are talking about as you claim why aren't you challenging the evolutionist with your points in an open forum, where are your papers and scientific findings or theories that disprove evolution? Why haven't you presented it to scientist? If you truly know what you are saying you should have already done that by now. . .Do that and win a Nobel peace price. . . . Evolution according to scientist is a theory that has yet to be disproved. . . . .If you have what it takes and truly know your onions as you claim then you should be out with papers that disprove evolution already instead of crying here on nairaland all the time. . .Thought you claim to be a scientist? Why is your mouth not where your money is?. . . .
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 25, 2011
mantraa:

Abiogenisis from inorganic chemicals and evolution via a process of natural selection are two completely different processes.

Makes no sense. Are you trying to claim that evolution through natural selection is way much faster than abiogenesis?

Secondly, formation of pre-RNA is itself a minor step in developing a functional single-celled organism because it fails to take into consideration that energy needs of this protobiont which cannot be generated by RNA.
How long did it take proteins to evolve from inorganic chemicals? The mitochondria? lysosomes? Nucleus with a superbly organized DNA?

Yeah dude, the nucleosome just appeared by natural selection. Wonder why the single cell hasnt changed at all in the last 100 million years.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 25, 2011
mazaje:

Firstly evolution has nothing to do with atheism, a lot of the proponent of evolution are Christians. . .Secondly enough of your crazy talk about scientific knowledge because you are no scientist, your contribution to science and the scientific process is WHAT?. . .

your opinion is solely yours. I work on a daily basis with RNA, building genome-wide classification models for select immune-reactive chemicals . . . and what do you do by the way?
I am cited on pubmed . . . perhaps you have another criteria for who is a scientist and who is not but of course you can bleat all you want.

mazaje:

If you know what you are talking about you won't be crying here on nairaland telling us about your scientific knowledge, we will be reading about your scientific findings and  theories you have proposed. When will this fooool go and challenge the evolutionist and win himself a Nobel peace prize?. . .If you TRULY know what you are talking about as you claim why aren't you challenging the evolutionist with your points in an open forum, where are your papers and scientific findings or theories that disprove evolution? Why haven't you presented it to scientist? If you truly know what you are saying you should have already done that by now. . .Do that and win a Nobel peace price. . . . Evolution according to scientist is a theory that has yet to be disproved. . . . .If you have what it takes and truly know your onions as you claim then you should be out with papers that disprove evolution already instead of crying here on nairaland all the time. . .Thought you claim to be a scientist? Why is your mouth not where your money is?. . . .

Because id[i]i[/i]ot . . . my field is in immunology not evolution. This is a frankly stup[i]i[/i]d comment.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by BABE3: 9:58pm On Aug 25, 2011
E ma gbami lowo Mr. David ke.

LOL @ because I think I'm pre-med. I do not think I'm Pre-med. I am Pre-med.

I'm not asking you to bow down in awe fam. Chei!! I've not hinted that, have I? Where are you getting your faux gists from?

Biko, What's my business with your brother in med. school? That piece of info. was quite unnecessary.

What have I achieved? What's your business with what I've achieved?

Because you think my post is meaningless doesn't mean you should insult me. You've not insulted me point blank, but I see we are gradually getting there. You don't need to get emotional. Relax.

Quote 1: It's like you think you have superpowers! Can you read minds? What made you think I am impressed by atheists (what I read on here)? I know and I'm freinds with Atheists in real life, so I know what I'm talking about. Correct Atheists are "hard-core." Not all of them dig up random stuffs. Internet or no Internet, they are very controversial in nature. They like questioning theists. The more they do that, the more they "dig out contradictons", and the more find out about the bible.  Like I said, that doesn't mean they have a full/any understanding of it though.

At your question: They are contradictions. However, I do read past all of those.

Quote 2: Refer to what you quoted. Quit repeating yourself.
Btw, I think there's a form of misunderstanding here. I seriously hope that you know the meaning of overrated -? Good.

Quote 3: I'm not sure you read my comment either. Quit haif-quoting me,and endevour to digest the point I'm trying to make. Again, read beyond what you highlighted.
If you can't still understand, then never mind.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 25, 2011
BABE!:

Quote 1: It's like you think you have superpowers! Can you read minds? What made you think I am impressed by atheists (what I read on here)? I know and I'm freinds with Atheists in real life, so I know what I'm talking about. Correct Atheists are "hard-core." Not all of them dig up random stuffs. Internet or no Internet, they are very controversial in nature. They like questioning theists. The more they do that, the more they "dig out contradictons", and the more find out about the bible.  Like I said, that doesn't mean they have a full/any understanding of it though.

1. Having atheist friends is no guarantee your understand the mindset of an atheist.
2. Atheists like "questioning theists" because that is there only way to assuage their own consciences.
3. finding out about the bible is different from having a thorough understanding of it.

BABE!:

At your question: They are contradictions. However, I do read past all of those.

because you dont have a good grasp of the bible yourself. Note how you claim to "read past all of those" . . . serious people dig deep for answers not just gloss over what they dont understand then paint them as "contradictions".

BABE!:

Quote 2: Refer to what you quoted. Quit repeating yourself.
Btw, I think there's a form of misunderstanding here. I seriously hope that you know the meaning of overrated -? Good.

maybe you dont. i do. What does it mean to claim samson is "over-rated"? When did the bible become all about "rating" its characters?

BABE!:

Quote 3: I'm not sure you read my comment either. Quit haif-quoting me,and endevour to[b] digest the point I'm trying to make.[/b] Again, read beyond what you highlighted.
If you can't still understand, then never mind.

beyond shouting hoarsely i cant see the "point" you claim to be making. We just have a lot of prepubescent folks jumping around here thinking they know something because they are "pre-med" i.e. in glorified biology class.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 25, 2011
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by mazaje(m): 10:11pm On Aug 25, 2011
davidylan:

your opinion is solely yours. I work on a daily basis with RNA, building genome-wide classification models for select immune-reactive chemicals . . . and what do you do by the way?
I am cited on pubmed . . . perhaps you have another criteria for who is a scientist and who is not but of course you can bleat all you want

Good, you claim to work on a daily basis with RNA , you made some objections to it and the role it plays in evolution, where is your scientific paper challenging the assertions made by evolutionist?. . . .Am a soft ware engineer by the way. . . .

Because id[i]i[/i]ot . . . my field is in immunology not evolution. This is a frankly stup[i]i[/i]d comment.

What then have you been blabbing about since you foooool?. . . .Now that I have challenged you to put your mouth where your money is you are foolishly running away and claiming your field is immunology. . . .
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 25, 2011
Enigma:

In my experience, most evangelical atheists are sciolists, usually repeating the same stock arguments, challenging the same particular set of passages from the Bible, often parroting old arguments some of which the original proponents have accepted to be obsolete or superseded by superior arguments etc etc.  smiley

The dudes still talking about the RNA theory of abiogenesis come to mind. I dont know of any other serious scientist pushing this. But of course we should take the publications of a guy from the journal of cosmology serious.

omo_to_dun:

Mr davidylan, if it is not asking too much, may I have a link to your publications and/or research?

Only on a mutually agreed assurance that my anonymity will remain intact.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 25, 2011
mazaje:

Good, you claim to work on a daily basis on RNA , you made some objections to it and the role it plays in evolution, where is your scientific paper challenging the assertions made by evolutionist?. . . .Am a soft ware engineer by the way. . . .

immunology has nothing to do with evolution. It however doesnt preclude anyone from having an opinion on a broad range of science.
Working with RNA however gives me the opportunity to read some of the tripe written here in terms of its role in abiogenesis and laugh my belly off.

mazaje:

What then have you been blabbing about since you foooool?. . . .Now that I have challenged you to put your mouth where your money is you are foolishly running away and claiming your field is immunology. . . .

This statement lacks any form of intelligence. So because i major in immunology i should have absolutely no idea what evolution is about and thus have no idea whether i believe it or not? Its like saying a math teacher should have no idea what work, energy or power is since he is not a physics major. Really that makes sense to you?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by mantraa: 10:18pm On Aug 25, 2011
Makes no sense. Are you trying to claim that evolution through natural selection is way much faster than abiogenesis?

Yes. That is the case, It took about a billion years for the earth to cool enough and the severe meteorite bombardments to subside enough and for the right conditions to develop to allow abiogenisis to occur. Once self replicating molecules had formed they would have spread and evolved relatively fast compared to inorganic molecules.

This planet is in orbit around a massive nuclear fusion reactor energy source. This favoured the first organic molecules that mutated chemicals that could react to this energy through photosynthisis and develop into more complicated organisms whilst releasing oxygen into the atmosphere as a waste product.  After this an exponential growth in organic life occured.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 25, 2011
mantraa:

Yes. That is the case, It took about a billion years for the earth to cool enough and the severe meteorite bombardments to subside enough and for the right conditions to develop to allow abiogenisis to occur. Once self replicating molecules had formed they would have spread and evolved relatively fast compared to inorganic molecules.

This planet is in orbit around a massive nuclear fusion reactor energy source. This favoured the first organic molecules that mutated chemicals that could react to this energy through photosynthisis and develop into more complicated organisms whilst releasing oxygen into the atmosphere as a waste product.  After this an exponential growth in organic life occured.

straying into metaphysics there my dear. We've now moved into the realm of evangelical atheism . . . faith in pseudo-science. And i thought that was an area reserved only for us empty-headed religionists.

Is growth the same as active synthesis of new cellular components most of which require energy that the protobiont has no capacity to generate?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Enigma(m): 10:23pm On Aug 25, 2011
davidylan:

. . .
Only on a mutually agreed assurance that my anonymity will remain intact.

David, I will recommend please don't grant the request. I'm sorry to the requester and I mean no disrespect ----- but David should only do it if he accepts that his anonymity is indeed likely to be compromised ultimately.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 25, 2011
Enigma:

David, I will recommend please don't grant the request. I'm sorry to the requester and I mean no disrespect ----- but David should only do it if he accepts that his anonymity is indeed likely to be compromised ultimately.

Thanks bros. I think its best to ignore the "request". Appreciated.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 25, 2011
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 25, 2011
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by BABE3: 10:33pm On Aug 25, 2011
BABE!:

The more they do that, the more they "dig out contradictons", and the more find out about the bible.  Like I said, that doesn't mean they have a full/any understanding of it though.
davidylan:

3. finding out about the bible is different from having a thorough understanding of it.

You see yourself?!

Quote 2: Though I do dig deep, I don't need to dig deep to know the bible is full of contradictions. It's there. It's in your face. I don't think there's a crime in me being verbal about it.

Quote 3: Since you know the meaning, let's drop it. Go figure. Who here insinuated that the bible was all about rating characters? You have superpowers se.

Quote 4: lol @ shouting. Ok, I'll stop shouting?! So because I told you I'm PreMed now--we won't hear word again? That's your new song? Ma kolo.

What's wrong with you sef? Is this how you are all the time? Always quick to degrade people and -- so unfriendly? Ish! Epele o. Mr Einstein. Ko easy!  Cool down ehn-- Everything will be fine--I promise.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by mazaje(m): 10:34pm On Aug 25, 2011
davidylan:

immunology has nothing to do with evolution. It however doesnt preclude anyone from having an opinion on a broad range of science.
Working with RNA however gives me the opportunity to read some of the tripe written here in terms of its role in abiogenesis and laugh my belly off.

You claim to be a scientist and Mantraa posted a scientific paper that was done by some scientist in England, you dismissed it off compleletly on the grounds that you work with RNA every day. . .My position is this, if you TRULY know what you are talking about then you should have your own scientific papers challenging their claims, no?

This statement lacks any form of intelligence. So because i major in immunology i should have absolutely no idea what evolution is about and thus have no idea whether i believe it or not? Its like saying a math teacher should have no idea what work, energy or power is since he is not a physics major. Really that makes sense to you?

You clearly are trying to dance around what i said. . .As a scientist, how do you challenge the assertion or works of other scientists, do you do that by crying blue murder on nairaland? I thought you said you were a scientist and your scientific knowledge has shown you that evolution isn't science but a fantasy. I just want you to write a paper that destroys the scientific claims of evolution and win a Nobel peace price. . .If you truly know what you are talking about as you claim then you should be able to do that, no?. . .Don't you want to become a famous scientist?. . .Why are you hoarding your scientific knowledge that tells you that evolution is false?. . . .Will you put your mouth where your money is or will you continue to shamelessly claim that you are into immunology? What has that got to do with anything?. . . cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Enigma(m): 10:35pm On Aug 25, 2011
omo_to_dun:

Your recommendation is good. But how can anyone take anything said here seriously if folks cannot back up their statements? If you are a scientist, I'd think you'd be proud to share your work, or is my thinking problematic?

I think it is better not to be taken seriously than to have your anonymity compromised contrary to your desire.  smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

What was the traditional religion of the Hausas or fulani before Islam / The Haunted House / What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.