Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

The Folly In Atheism - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Folly In Atheism (2500 Views)

From Nihilist To Pastor & Theologian: How Dr. Greg Boyd Lost Faith In Atheism / Atheism VS Christianity, Which One Is A Result Of Indoctrination? / Atheism By Definition Is Problematic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 9:28am On Nov 17, 2022
Maynman:

Since it’s a rumor, what if they got it all wrong, or the rumor was actually spread by the enemy? and it is actually those that wears the red cap that get killed?
Red is an hostile color.
Since it’s a rumor how sure that the right color of the cap is red and not green, and that red cap actually signifies war?

And your conclusion is wrong, god is a title not a person, we have different gods claiming different things.
Yahweh is not same with allah, allah is not same with brahma, brahma is not the same with Akal Mura, so as the other thousand gods, you’ll have to wear hundreds of different color of caps(believe in hundreds of gods)then.

The Folly of Theism.

Story.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 9:30am On Nov 17, 2022
Maynman:

god is a title not a person, you are quoting “satan” that’s only found in your religion.
In judaism where Christianity originates from, “satan” is not an entity but a title, only in your Christianity that “satan” became an entity.

“god” is an English word, was new or Old Testament written in English?
What was written in the place of “god” before the books were translated to English?
From your statement we know your god is a mere male(he, him).
You’ve been brainwashed and indoctrinated to worship yahweh, the israelite god.

I’m sure you are educated, yahweh is a god, yahweh and allah are 2 gods. Singular and Plural.

You using capital “G”, for your own deity doesn’t change anything, i wonder how you pronounce “god” and “God”

Story, story.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 9:34am On Nov 17, 2022
LordReed:

What did you call it? Unknown. Those fellows KNOW there is city enroute their destination, we on the other hand don't know anything after death.

You only don't know what may happen after death. The similarities between you and those city people is that:

1. You both have not taken the journey before.

2. You both don't have anyone who has gone there and returned.

3. You both don't know what to expect on that journey.

4. You both are hearing rumours about what may be encountered on that journey.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by Maynman: 9:39am On Nov 17, 2022
HisSplendor:

Story, story.

All the deities you believe in exist in a story.

1 Like

Re: The Folly In Atheism by Maynman: 9:40am On Nov 17, 2022
HisSplendor:

Story.
Bible literally means collection of books.

Storybooks wink

1 Like

Re: The Folly In Atheism by LordReed(m): 9:54am On Nov 17, 2022
HisSplendor:

You only don't know what may happen after death. The similarities between you and those city people is that:

1. You both have not taken the journey before.

2. You both don't have anyone who has gone there and returned.

3. You both don't know what to expect on that journey.

4. You both are hearing rumours about what may be encountered on that journey.

Except the rumors are by people who also have not taken the journey before in our case so we are all staring at an UNKNOWN. You believe the rumors, I don't.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 10:00am On Nov 17, 2022
LordReed:

Except the rumors are by people who also have not taken the journey before in our case so we are all staring at an UNKNOWN. You believe the rumors, I don't.

Then you belong to the third group.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 10:01am On Nov 17, 2022
Maynman:

Bible literally means collection of books.

Storybooks wink

Story.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 10:02am On Nov 17, 2022
Maynman:

All the deities you believe in exist in a story.

Story, story.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by Maynman: 10:05am On Nov 17, 2022
HisSplendor:

Story, story.
That you base your life on
Re: The Folly In Atheism by Maynman: 10:05am On Nov 17, 2022
HisSplendor:

Story.

Same one you worship.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by LordReed(m): 10:12am On Nov 17, 2022
HisSplendor:

Then you belong to the third group.

Except as far as we know death is the end so even if I say we shall see, it's practically meaningless. I choose to focus on my life now, not dreaming of what will come after I die, when it's not something I can even know.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 10:30am On Nov 17, 2022
Maynman:

That you base your life on

Another story.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 10:31am On Nov 17, 2022
Maynman:

Same one you worship.

Sorry o.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by Maynman: 10:31am On Nov 17, 2022
HisSplendor:

Another story.

That you base your life on.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by Maynman: 10:31am On Nov 17, 2022
HisSplendor:

Sorry o.

You need the sorry more.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 10:32am On Nov 17, 2022
Maynman:

That you base your life on.

Oh sorry.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by Maynman: 10:32am On Nov 17, 2022
HisSplendor:

Oh sorry.

You need the sorry more
Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 10:32am On Nov 17, 2022
Maynman:

You need the sorry more.

Sorry.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by Maynman: 10:33am On Nov 17, 2022
HisSplendor:

Sorry.
You need the sorry more.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by triplechoice(m): 12:01pm On Nov 17, 2022
HisSplendor:

There was an old man in this city. The oldest of them all. After the 100 men had departed, he summoned his numerous children and said, 'Do you see this travelling company? Those who have a red cap are wise because, if in case, this rumour turns out to be true, these wise ones would save their heads a million times. And if it's a false rumor, they actually have nothing to lose. But those who journeyed without a red cap are fools, for if this rumour turns out to be true, they'll certainly lose their heads."

Conclusion
The company of those who wore a red cap are the believers. If there's no God out there in death, they have nothing to lose.

But the Atheists who are taking a godless journey into the unknown eternity are simply being reckless. If in case there's a God out there. They're losers.

Interesting story which anyone can learn from, but unfortunately you have misapplied it .

You have simply ignored the fact that the story is set in a physical location and that the men were journeying to another part of it that's expected to exist even if they have never been there before.

This is unlike your imaginary non physical heaven which even you yourself doubt exist.

Since the 100 men were embarking on a journey to another physical location they expect should exist, the men who bought a cap to save their heads incase the rumor turned out to be true acted wisely.

But in a situation where somebody advise another to buy a life jacket and wear it to bed to save their life incase they have a dream of drowning and the advice is heeded to, then both the person who gave the advice and the person who obeyed it ,have acted unwisely and need their heads examined. This is exactly how you have misapplied the story.

Heaven is imaginary or is created by the imagination of those who believe in it.

It's not a known physical space that exist somewhere. Even if we accept it exist somehow in a non physical location, there's no single verified story of anyone who has gone there and back to convince everyone that such a place exist.

2 Likes

Re: The Folly In Atheism by God2man2again(m): 12:17pm On Nov 17, 2022
When there is no problem and the problem is not about money,atheism seems to come to bear but when there is wahala that is choking throat, then God comes to bear.

Besides, what message do you want to preach to an uncertain atheist who does not exist.

1 Like

Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 12:20pm On Nov 17, 2022
triplechoice:

Interesting story which anyone can learn from, but unfortunately you have misapplied it .

You have simply ignored the fact that the story is set in a physical location and that the men were journeying to another part of it that's expected to exist even if they have never been there before.

This is unlike your imaginary non physical heaven which even you yourself doubt exist.

Since the 100 men were embarking on a journey to another physical location they expect should exist, the men who bought a cap to save their heads incase the rumor turned out to be true acted wisely.

But in a situation where somebody advise another to buy a life jacket and wear it to bed to save their life incase they have a dream of drowning and the advice is heeded to, then both the person who gave the advice and the person who obeyed it ,have acted unwisely and need their heads examined. This is exactly how you have misapplied the story.

Heaven is imaginary or is created by the imagination of those who believe in it.

It's not a known physical space that exist somewhere. Even if we accept it exist somehow in a non physical location, there's no single verified story of anyone who has gone there and back to convince everyone that such a place exist.

Thanks for your submission.

Would you orove to me right now that heaven is imaginary as you stated above?
Re: The Folly In Atheism by triplechoice(m): 12:30pm On Nov 17, 2022
HisSplendor:

Thanks for your submission.

Would you orove to me right now that heaven is imaginary as you stated above?

What is the meaning of the word imaginary?

Try to know the meaning first before asking for prove
Re: The Folly In Atheism by ApostolosIisous: 12:37pm On Nov 17, 2022
Indeed there's folly in atheism.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by Dtruthspeaker: 1:32pm On Nov 17, 2022
LordReed:

Which is not the definition of practical.

Now you lie for analogies are the use of practical things.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by Dtruthspeaker: 1:38pm On Nov 17, 2022
LordReed:

Except as far as we know death is the end so even if I say we shall see, it's practically meaningless. I choose to focus on my life now, not dreaming of what will come after I die, when it's not something I can even know.

Or you know and you already know if the parameters of qualifying to either destinations are applied, you would not be arriving at the good destination. So, there is no need to ponder about it, exactly like an olodo can not be pondering about University and youth service and being a graduate, he knows already that he cannot pass jamb, so no need.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by LordReed(m): 1:40pm On Nov 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Now you lie for analogies are the use of practical things.

I don't need to lie like you do for your god and religion. Produce a dictionary definition of analogy that agrees with your assertion.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by Maynman: 1:44pm On Nov 17, 2022
God2man2again:
When there is no problem and the problem is not about money,atheism seems to come to bear but when there is wahala that is choking throat, then God comes to bear.

Besides, what message do you want to preach to an uncertain atheist who does not exist.

Which of the gods will atheist run to when there’s problem?
Yahweh or allah or brahma? Or the other hundreds of gods?
Re: The Folly In Atheism by Dtruthspeaker: 2:11pm On Nov 17, 2022
triplechoice:

He did not missaply it, the story is designed to catch people like you.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by Dtruthspeaker: 2:29pm On Nov 17, 2022
LordReed:

I don't need to lie like you do for your god and religion. Produce a dictionary definition of analogy that agrees with your assertion.

The meaning of analogy already tells you that it is doing the same thing a dictionary is doing which is to explain things.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by LordReed(m): 2:44pm On Nov 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

The meaning of analogy already tells you that it is doing the same thing a dictionary is doing which is to explain things.

I said produce the dictionary meaning that says so, not interested in stories.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Victims Of Jws Will Thank You! / What Are The Most Common Things People Think Are In The Bible That Are Not There / Women!!!! The Down Fall Of Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.