Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,556 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

The Folly In Atheism - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Folly In Atheism (2507 Views)

From Nihilist To Pastor & Theologian: How Dr. Greg Boyd Lost Faith In Atheism / Atheism VS Christianity, Which One Is A Result Of Indoctrination? / Atheism By Definition Is Problematic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Folly In Atheism by triplechoice(m): 11:44am On Nov 18, 2022
HisSplendor:

We're talking about an abstract and intangible realm that's fully open to research. Meanwhile, it's also an experiential and relational realm very individualistic in nature.

Find your own proofs because I'm not responsible for your life.

And if you can't make the research, then keep on affirming your unverified claims if that's the wisest decision you can make.

You're making me laugh . What's the meaning of "experiential and relational realm and very individualist in nature? You know it's meaningless, but just typed it to sound intelligent.

You don't need to do that. It wouldn't help you,but instead prove you lack the capacity to express yourself intelligently.

I have not made any unverified claims, I only made you understand that your heaven is imaginary as there's no evidence for it. That was a rejection of your imaginary destination..

You say you have evidence for it, then provide it so I can start making arrangements to buy a red cap" to prevent my head from being cut off,.

1 Like

Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 11:55am On Nov 18, 2022
triplechoice:

You're making me laugh . What's the meaning of "experiential and relational realm and very individualist in nature? You know it's meaningless, but just typed it to sound intelligent.

You don't need to do that. It wouldn't help you,but instead prove you lack the capacity to express yourself intelligently.

I have not made any unverified claims, I only made you understand that your heaven is imaginary as there's no evidence for it. That was a rejection of your imaginary destination..

You say you have evidence for it, then provide it so I can start making arrangements to buy a red cap" to prevent my head from being cut off,.

So, you come to this forum only to sound intelligent and not pass a message?

Let me break it down for you.

It's experiential. You can experience it. It's relational. You can relate with it. It's individualistic, you are the only one who knows what you see or feel.

Now having said that. Can you now prove to me that heaven is an imaginary place? At least, before affirming that to yourself, you must have proved it? Or are you dealing with an unproven affirmation?
Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 11:56am On Nov 18, 2022
Maynman:

Read again slowly: If you eat rice and you get stomach ache, that’s not proof that rice causes stomach ache.

I agree. But read my post again. We're not talking about the cause but the effect.

It's one proof that stomach pain exists.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by Maynman: 11:57am On Nov 18, 2022
HisSplendor:

I agree. But read my post again. We're not talking about the cause but the effect.

It's one proof that stomach pain exists.
How can there an effect without cause?

It’s not proof that rice causes stomach ache.

Stomach ache is not natural, so something definitely must have caused it.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 12:10pm On Nov 18, 2022
Maynman:

How can there an effect without cause?

It’s not proof that rice causes stomach ache.

Stomach ache is not natural, so something definitely must have caused it.

You're not on track.

We're not disputing the cause. The question is "does stomach pain exist?" What caused the stomach pain isn't the subject.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by Maynman: 12:14pm On Nov 18, 2022
HisSplendor:

You're not on track.

We're not disputing the cause. The question is "does stomach pain exist?" What caused the stomach pain isn't the subject.

The question was never “does stomach pain exist”
You formed that in your mind, totally off point and shows desperation.

This is what i said, read slowly “If you eat rice and you get stomach ache, that’s not proof that rice causes stomach ache.” It was a reply to when you said “ Find your own proofs because I'm not responsible for your life.”
Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 12:23pm On Nov 18, 2022
Maynman:

The question was never “does stomach pain exist”
You formed that in your mind, totally off point and shows desperation.

This is what i said, read slowly “If you eat rice and you get stomach ache, that’s not proof that rice causes stomach ache.” It was a reply to when you said “ Find your own proofs because I'm not responsible for your life.”

Are we talking about the cause of God or the existence of God?
Re: The Folly In Atheism by Maynman: 12:25pm On Nov 18, 2022
HisSplendor:

Are we talking about the cause of God or the existence of God?

You and who is talking about that?

This is what i said, read slowly: “If you eat rice and you get stomach ache, that’s not proof that rice causes stomach ache.” It was a REPLY to when you said “ Find your own proofs because I'm not responsible for your life.”
Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 12:28pm On Nov 18, 2022
Maynman:

You and who is talking about that?

This is what i said, read slowly: “If you eat rice and you get stomach ache, that’s not proof that rice causes stomach ache.” It was a REPLY to when you said “ Find your own proofs because I'm not responsible for your life.”

What you said is figurative, and I've stricken a parralel with it on the main discourse.

If you're here to discuss about rice and stomach ache, I think you should find the nearest lab to discuss that.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by Maynman: 12:30pm On Nov 18, 2022
HisSplendor:

What you said is figurative, and I've stricken a parralel with it on the main discourse.

If you're here to discuss about rice and stomach ache, I think you should find the nearest lab to discuss that.

What do you understand by figurative?

If you don’t know what “proof” means, I think you should find a dictionary.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 12:32pm On Nov 18, 2022
Maynman:

What do you understand by figurative?

If you don’t know what “proof” means, I think you should find a dictionary.

Okay. I'm not here to discuss rice if what you said is literal.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by Maynman: 12:34pm On Nov 18, 2022
HisSplendor:

Okay. I'm not here to discuss rice if what you said is literal.

And you are here to discuss “ does stomach pain exist?"
Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 12:38pm On Nov 18, 2022
Maynman:

And you are here to discuss “ does stomach pain exist?"

I'm here to discuss nothing literal about your rice and stomach ache.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by Maynman: 12:39pm On Nov 18, 2022
HisSplendor:

I'm here to discuss nothing literal about your rice and stomach ache.

Let me go and find my “own proof” that’s figurative cheesy

Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 12:40pm On Nov 18, 2022
Maynman:

Let me go and find my “own proof” that’s figurative cheesy

I wish you well.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by Maynman: 12:41pm On Nov 18, 2022
HisSplendor:

I wish you well.

I wish you a dictionary.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 12:47pm On Nov 18, 2022
Maynman:

I wish you a dictionary.

You can't wish someone what he already has.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by Maynman: 12:48pm On Nov 18, 2022
HisSplendor:

You can't wish someone what he already has.
Exactly, listen to your advice.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 12:51pm On Nov 18, 2022
Maynman:

Exactly, listen to your advice.

Smiles.

All is well.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by Maynman: 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2022
HisSplendor:

Smiles.

All is well.
A dictionary will make it better wink
Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 12:55pm On Nov 18, 2022
Maynman:

A dictionary will make it better wink

Get one if you need it.

Or create a group to discuss about your rice and stomach ache.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by Maynman: 12:57pm On Nov 18, 2022
HisSplendor:

Get one if you need it.

Or create a group to discuss about your rice and stomach ache.

I’m not the one that needs it or asking “does stomach pain exist”
Re: The Folly In Atheism by triplechoice(m): 1:00pm On Nov 18, 2022
HisSplendor:

So, you come to this forum only to sound intelligent and not pass a message?

Let me break it down for you.

It's experiential. You can experience it. It's relational. You can relate with it. It's individualistic, you are the only one who knows what you see or feel.

Now having said that. Can you now prove to me that heaven is an imaginary place? At least, before affirming that to yourself, you must have proved it? Or are you dealing with an unproven affirmation?

It's still meaningless as it concerns the op. Your submission concerns a large group of persons that are expected to act the same way, buy "red cap" because they're going to experience the same thing ; their heads cut off by a certain rumoured king who lives in a certain land "heaven" , and with all of them experiencing it only at death. That's not individualistic or subjective experience in any way.

I keep saying it, you don't even understand your own op.

An imaginary place,"heaven" is a no place because there's no evidence for it. And that's why I affirmed what I have affirmed.its as simple as that.

Why do you find it difficult to understand this simple explanation and keep asking for proof?

Look up a dictionary to learn the meaning of the word, imaginary .You don't seem to know what it means.

What you have been attempting to do is to place the burden of proof on me for what you claimed which I rejected for lack of evidence. This is not smart.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 1:07pm On Nov 18, 2022
triplechoice:

It's still meaningless as it concerns the op. Your submission concerns a large group of persons that are expected to act the same way, buy "red cap" because they're going to experience the same thing ; their heads cut off by a certain rumoured king who lives in a certain land "heaven" , and with all of them experiencing it only at death. That's not individualistic or subjective experience in any way.

I keep saying it, you don't even understand your own op.

An imaginary place,"heaven" is a no place because there's no evidence for it. And that's why I affirmed what I have affirmed.its as simple as that.

Why do you find it difficult to understand this simple explanation and keep asking for proof?

Look up a dictionary to learn the meaning of the word, imaginary .You don't seem to know what it means.

What you're have been attempting to do is to place the burden of proof on me for what you claimed which I rejected for lack of evidence. This is not smart.

You can't make a point or understand what people write without seeing things from their perspectives.

What you call imaginary is experientially to some people. It's only imaginary to you because you've not experienced it.

The experience is individualistic too. it's you and your life. And of course, death itself is subjective.

If you want to be clear, listen to people who have had a near death experience. Or, go near a dieing old man on his death bed. You'll learn many things by so doing.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 1:18pm On Nov 18, 2022
Maynman:

I’m not the one that needs it or asking “does stomach pain exist”

Neither do I need it nor ask you if stomach pain exists. What's your motivation for talking about rice and stomach ache on this thread?
Re: The Folly In Atheism by Maynman: 1:22pm On Nov 18, 2022
HisSplendor:

Neither do I need it nor ask you if stomach pain exists. What's your motivation for talking about rice and stomach ache on this thread?

If you do you’ll know personal experience does not count as “proof”

Read slowly: “If you eat rice and you get stomach ache, that’s not proof that rice causes stomach ache.” It was a REPLY to when you said “ Find your own proofs because I'm not responsible for your life.”
Re: The Folly In Atheism by triplechoice(m): 1:47pm On Nov 18, 2022
HisSplendor:

You can't make a point or understand what people write without seeing things from their perspectives.

What you call imaginary is experientially to some people. It's only imaginary to you because you've not experienced it.

The experience is individualistic too. it's you and your life. And of course, death itself is subjective.

If you want to be clear, listen to people who have had a near death experience. Or, go near a dieing old man on his death bed. You'll learn many things by so doing.

If you had made it clear at the beginning that your "experience of heaven " was subjective, nobody would have bothered arguing with you.

But you didn't do that and tried the make it seem everybody is expected to experience exactly the same thing after death, and then further used what's subjective personal experience, not proven, to label every believers as wise and non believers unwise.

What you did was to use what is personal subjective experience to pass judgement on others. That's not reasonable and the sad thing, you want to deny everything.

I still repeat, you don't understand your own op.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 1:48pm On Nov 18, 2022
Maynman:

If you do you’ll know personal experience does not count as “proof”

Read slowly: “If you eat rice and you get stomach ache, that’s not proof that rice causes stomach ache.” It was a REPLY to when you said “ Find your own proofs because I'm not responsible for your life.”

Your rice and stomach ache example should be taken at parallel to the discussion but you're talking about the proof of the cause rather than the proof of the subject.

Have you ever dreamt in your life? How would you prove to someone who has never dreamt that the dreams are real?
Re: The Folly In Atheism by Maynman: 1:52pm On Nov 18, 2022
HisSplendor:

Your rice and stomach ache example should be taken at parallel to the discussion but you're talking about the proof of the cause rather than the proof of the subject.

Have you ever dreamt in your life? How would you prove to someone who has never dreamt that the dreams are real?

I’m talking about neither.
Your personal experience does not count as proof, you need facts and evidence to call something “proof”.

I’ll tell him what causes dream.

Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 1:52pm On Nov 18, 2022
triplechoice:

If you had made it clear at the beginning that your "experience of heaven " was subjective, nobody would have bothered arguing with you.

But you didn't do that and tried the make it seem everybody is expected to experience exactly the same thing after death, and then further used what's subjective personal experience, not proven, to label every believers as wise and non believers unwise.

What you did was to use what is personal subjective experience to pass judgement on others. That's not reasonable and the sad thing, you want to deny everything.

I still repeat, you don't understand your own op.

You're not getting it. Everyone can experience it here if they search for it. The experience is personal to those who search. It is a foretaste of what everyone MUST eventually experience after death.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by HisSplendor: 1:54pm On Nov 18, 2022
Maynman:

I’m talking about neither.
Your personal experience does not count as proof, you need facts and evidence to call something “proof”.

I’ll tell him what causes dream.

Meanwhile, that doesn't prove that dreams are real. How does telling someone what causes dreams prove to that person that dreams are real?

Meanwhile, I never came here to give you proofs. Or show me where I said so.
Re: The Folly In Atheism by Maynman: 1:55pm On Nov 18, 2022
HisSplendor:

Meanwhile, that doesn't prove that dreams are real. How does telling someone what causes dreams prove to that person that dreams are real?

I’ll tell him what causes dream and also tell him dreams are not real, just as day dreaming is not real.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Love My Pastor / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Stand Firm In The Faith / Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.