Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,894 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Old Covenant?? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Old Covenant?? (3483 Views)

Eternal Life Belonged also To The Righteous in the Old Covenant / If You Are Still Under The Law/Old Covenant, You Have ZERO Hope In Christ / Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Covenant?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:45pm On Nov 30, 2022
guysbewise:

So what did the people of Nineveh change their way to that is not in the Torah. You need to read all 613 laws of the Old Testament https://www.jmu.edu/dukehallgallery/exhibitions-past-2018-2019/the-613-mitzvot.shtml to know that Jonah must have told them about the laws in the Torah

Guy stop speculating!

Then Joʹnah entered the city, and walking a day’s journey, he was proclaiming: “In just 40 days more, Ninʹe·veh will be overthrown.” Jonah 3:4

That's just what the runaway prophet said! smiley
Re: Old Covenant?? by guysbewise: 7:59pm On Nov 30, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Guy stop speculating!

Then Joʹnah entered the city, and walking a day’s journey, he was proclaiming: “In just 40 days more, Ninʹe·veh will be overthrown.” Jonah 3:4

That's just what the runaway prophet said! smiley

Do you just go from house to house telling people that in 40 days Jesus is coming back and they will be judged?
Re: Old Covenant?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:18pm On Nov 30, 2022
guysbewise:

Do you just go from house to house telling people that in 40 days Jesus is coming back and they will be judged?

Jesus taught his disciples for three and a half years how to go about this preaching and teaching campaign. He promised us that if we get things right we will form a global family of peace loving worshipers and that we have achieved today!

So if someone tells you Jesus never lived then tell me what you've achieved with your Torah! smiley
Re: Old Covenant?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:43pm On Nov 30, 2022
When talking about TEACHING it's illogical for a person who was never taught to claim he wants to teach someone else.

The God of Israel promised that a male child will be born in Israel who is the wonderful counselor that will counsel people globally {Isaiah 9:6} so if anyone says that child has not been born then you have no reason whatsoever to think you can TEACH your neighbour anything about the God of Israel because apart from the promised child the Israelites God never sent anyone to teach gentiles anything about Him.

That's the indisputable fact we have about Jesus of Nazareth! smiley
Re: Old Covenant?? by sonmvayina(m): 8:57pm On Nov 30, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
When talking about TEACHING it's illogical for a person who was never taught to claim he wants to teach someone else.

The God of Israel promised that a male child will be born in Israel who is the wonderful counselor that will counsel people globally {Isaiah 9:6} so if anyone says that child has not been born then you have no reason whatsoever to think you can TEACH your neighbour anything about the God of Israel because apart from the promised child the Israelites God never sent anyone to teach gentiles anything about Him.

We have talked about these before..I told you the passage is about future king Hezekiah..he was already born. It is not a messianic prophesy...

"A child has been given to us...

Why are you sneaking it in again...

1 Like

Re: Old Covenant?? by sonmvayina(m): 8:59pm On Nov 30, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

God gave his laws to all of humanity..

The Jewish version is called the Torah..

God's laws are universal..

1 Like

Re: Old Covenant?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:06pm On Nov 30, 2022
sonmvayina:

God gave his laws to all of humanity..
The Jewish version is called the Torah..
God's laws are universal..

So i don't need the Jewish version because it's for the Jews not me! wink

1 Like

Re: Old Covenant?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:09pm On Nov 30, 2022
sonmvayina:
We have talked about these before..I told you the passage is about future king Hezekiah..he was already born. It is not a messianic prophesy...
"A child has been given to us...
Why are you sneaking it in again...

Because you said something doesn't change what i know is working out benefits.
That's your own cup of coffee my conviction about the Messiah stands! smiley

1 Like

Re: Old Covenant?? by sonmvayina(m): 8:39am On Dec 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Because you said something doesn't change what i know is working out benefits.
That's your own cup of coffee my conviction about the Messiah stands! smiley

Why do you keep quoting text out of context?
Just to maintain a lie..

Christianity is scam..
Re: Old Covenant?? by sonmvayina(m): 8:40am On Dec 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

So i don't need the Jewish version because it's for the Jews not me! wink

Yes, it's not for you..

Ask for the version of your ancestors and learn it. Not to follow an ideology that is based on lies . Don't be deceived..

1 Like

Re: Old Covenant?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:26am On Dec 01, 2022
sonmvayina:

Why do you keep quoting text out of context?
Just to maintain a lie..
Christianity is scam..
Your personal opinion!

sonmvayina:

Yes, it's not for you..
Ask for the version of your ancestors and learn it. Not to follow an ideology that is based on lies . Don't be deceived..
Deceit doesn't yield positive results so you don't know what deceit means! wink

1 Like

Re: Old Covenant?? by sonmvayina(m): 9:33am On Dec 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Your personal opinion!

Deceit doesn't yield positive results so you don't know what deceit means! wink

Christianity (Jehovah's witnesses) seems to be an exception..

The brain washing really worked..
Re: Old Covenant?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:37am On Dec 01, 2022
sonmvayina:

Christianity (Jehovah's witnesses) seems to be an exception..
The brain washing really worked..

If i worship with people who will never think of using weapons to settle disputes among themselves then i will always love to be BRAINWASHED along with them Sir! smiley
Re: Old Covenant?? by sonmvayina(m): 9:41am On Dec 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

If i worship with people who will never think of using weapons to settle disputes among themselves then i will always love to be BRAINWASHED along with them Sir! smiley

It is not by being in a group..

It is about learning the truth and being set free by the knowledge of it..

Not being in a peaceful cult..(whatever that means)
Re: Old Covenant?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:36pm On Dec 01, 2022
sonmvayina:

It is not by being in a group..
It is about learning the truth and being set free by the knowledge of it..
Not being in a peaceful cult..(whatever that means)

There's no reason for you and i to believe in the same thing if we have nothing to do together.

The dumbest person knows that! smiley

1 Like

Re: Old Covenant?? by guysbewise: 8:20pm On Dec 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The Ark is physical the organization is spiritual so only friends of peace could find peace inside while enemies of peace takes their leave! wink

How are these millions of £££ spent in your spiritual organisation? I'm sure you must be getting your share to be so active on this forum for your organisation?

"At the same time, records show that King dom Hall Trust’s (KHT) income has risen significantly. In 2019, it was £6.66mn, jumping to £104.41mn in 2020, before reaching £133.23mn for the financial year ending 31 August 2021."
Source:
Re: Old Covenant?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:31pm On Dec 01, 2022
guysbewise:

How are these millions of £££ spent in your spiritual organisation? I'm sure you must be getting your share to be so active on this forum for your organisation?
"At the same time, records show that King dom Hall Trust’s (KHT) income has risen significantly. In 2019, it was £6.66mn, jumping to £104.41mn in 2020, before reaching £133.23mn for the financial year ending 31 August 2021."
Source:

Walk up to any of our stands and get a copy of the Bible in any country throughout the world!

That's how rich our God is, but try buying the same quality out there then you will know that God's organization is WORKING what benefits all.

1 Like

Re: Old Covenant?? by sonmvayina(m): 12:11pm On Dec 04, 2022
Hahahahaha, funny Maxindhouse.

Being in a cult does not quite cut it..

Learn the truth and be free from indoctrination..
Re: Old Covenant?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:41pm On Dec 04, 2022
sonmvayina:

Hahahahaha, funny Maxindhouse.

Being in a cult does not quite cut it..

Learn the truth and be free from indoctrination..

Learn the truth about PURE WORSHIP! smiley

1 Like

Re: Old Covenant?? by sonmvayina(m): 5:53pm On Dec 04, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Learn the truth about PURE WORSHIP! smiley

The ONLY worship the creator recognises is obedience to his laws..which includes prohibition of idolatry..

And non membership of secret cult.
Re: Old Covenant?? by Lawag3: 6:48pm On Dec 04, 2022
MindHacker9009:
God sent Jonah to Nineveh to tech them the Torah so the Torah was not for Isreal only but for any nation that wants it

Nope he sent Jonah to Nineveh to tell them to repent of their wickedness or face his anger
Re: Old Covenant?? by Lawag3: 6:53pm On Dec 04, 2022
MindHacker9009:
God sent Jonah to Nineveh to tech them the Torah so the Torah was not for Isreal only but for any nation that wants it

The Torah is just the constitution of the ancient Jews given to Moses by God it shows how the Jews were supposed to live their lives there was no teaching about heaven in the Torah the Jews just believed in the resurrection of the good on the last day so Christianity is different from the religion the Torah is from Judaism
Re: Old Covenant?? by MindHacker9009(m): 7:13pm On Dec 04, 2022
Lawag3:

Nope he sent Jonah to Nineveh to tell them to repent of their wickedness or face his anger

Then you are not aware of all 613 laws of the Torah
Re: Old Covenant?? by Lawag3: 7:26pm On Dec 04, 2022
MindHacker9009:

Then you are not aware of all 613 laws of the Torah
Nope I'm not tell me
Re: Old Covenant?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:16pm On Dec 04, 2022
sonmvayina:

The ONLY worship the creator recognises is obedience to his laws..which includes prohibition of idolatry..
And non membership of secret cult.

Speak for your own god not mine! smiley

1 Like

Re: Old Covenant?? by sonmvayina(m): 8:22pm On Dec 05, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Speak for your own god not mine! smiley

What was missing in the Jewish scriptures that the Christian scriptures addressed ?

1 Like

Re: Old Covenant?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:23pm On Dec 05, 2022
sonmvayina:

What was missing in the Jewish scriptures that the Christian scriptures addressed ?

How Isaiah 2:2-4 & Micah 4:1-3 could become a reality in the gathering of imperfect humans so they can worship shoulder to shoulder! Zephaniah 3:9

Only the Christian Scriptures addressed this no part of Hebrew/Aramaic Scripture addressed! smiley
Re: Old Covenant?? by sonmvayina(m): 9:38am On Dec 06, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

How Isaiah 2:2-4 & Micah 4:1-3 could become a reality in the gathering of imperfect humans so they can worship shoulder to shoulder! Zephaniah 3:9

Only the Christian Scriptures addressed this no part of Hebrew/Aramaic Scripture addressed! smiley

Has it happened world wide?

Is there world peace?
Re: Old Covenant?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:06am On Dec 06, 2022
sonmvayina:

Has it happened world wide?
Is there world peace?

God never promised that the world of imperfect humans will have peace but in the midst of His own people LOVE, JOY and PEACE will reign as evidence of His presence among them! wink
Re: Old Covenant?? by sonmvayina(m): 1:00pm On Dec 06, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

God never promised that the world of imperfect humans will have peace but in the midst of His own people LOVE, JOY and PEACE will reign as evidence of His presence among them! wink

You are very funny..

The book of Isaiah you quoted talked about world wide peace..

Men will hammer their swords into ploughshares...and learn of war no more....

It's a world wide thing, the true Gods Messiah will make it happen, because he has the backing of God...
Re: Old Covenant?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:08pm On Dec 06, 2022
sonmvayina:

You are very funny..
The book of Isaiah you quoted talked about world wide peace..
Men will hammer their swords into ploughshares...and learn of war no more....
It's a world wide thing, the true Gods Messiah will make it happen, because he has the backing of God...

Then wait until such a Messiah comes and make it happen after all he will force it down people's throat, so don't worry yourself arguing with those who don't accept your story! wink

1 Like

Re: Old Covenant?? by sonmvayina(m): 1:18pm On Dec 06, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Then wait until such a Messiah comes and make it happen after all he will force it down people's throat, so don't worry yourself arguing with those who don't accept your story! wink

It is not about accepting my story..

It is what you just quoted...

The Messiah is not starting a new religion that will conflict with God's laws. He will keep them in full. He is not coming to die, he will live to a very old age and his son will take over his kingship after he is gone..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Stop Going To Church Because No Pastor As Been Able To Explain This Bible Vers / Should Dreams Be Taken Seriously? / Reach Out Nigeria 2008 With Rhapsody Of Realities Campaign!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.