Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) (29808 Views)

I Don't Have A Political Relationship With Odili, We Don't Work Together - Wike / Peter Obi Didn’t Take Pictures With Simon Ekpa - Vanguard / Atiku: Peter Obi Didn’t Consult Me Before Leaving PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by wonlasewonimi: 9:57am On Nov 18, 2022
There's a drug baron trying to be president in addition to him being using a stolen identity, these unfortunate people are fact checking someone that said he played football in school. Talk about major in minor.
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by Mysticbabe: 9:58am On Nov 18, 2022
Sammy07:

Haba, how Odili go leave CKC in 1973, when he graduated from college of medicine in 1977.

Plz put down the pics, it all shades of lies

Or are you telling us he studied medicine without O level?

And even, if we assumed you were correct.

Obi was born in 1961
Odili was in ss3 in 1965

You said civil war.
Didn't civil war also stopped Obis education?

Or he jumped to sec school immediately the war stopped?

Choi...see analysis ...you get sense abeg....100 gbosa for you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by kitombo: 9:59am On Nov 18, 2022
Funflipper:

There was no 6th form. Class 5 was the highest level untilbthe 6-3-3-4 system was introduced.

How do you mean "there was no sixth form"?
At that time, after Form 5, you can progress to the Higher School Certificate class (2 years). Your HSC grants you direct entry to universities. After the civil war Odili came to continue his truncated education at CKC in 1971 and concluded his HSC in 1973. Peter was in JSS 1 when Odili was in the 6th Form.

Get your facts right, except you want to stick to your jaundiced narrative at all cost.
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by frankson1(m): 9:59am On Nov 18, 2022
kk2027:
Very nice one
They think they can hoodwink the youths with propaganda in 2022

We're wiser, Nigeria cannot continue like this

"Odili was my senior boy in secondary school"

How could Odili be his senior boy when he was 6 years old at the time undecided
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by OscarDboss: 9:59am On Nov 18, 2022
So you guys problem is he used senior Boy instead of ALUMNI or COMRADE or PEER Or Schoolfellow
And also he said WE couldn’t instead of CKC couldnt have won any match without peter Odili
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by OscarDboss: 10:01am On Nov 18, 2022
So you guys problem is he used senior Boy instead of ALUMNI or COMRADE or PEER Or Schoolfellow
And also he said WE couldn’t instead of CKC couldnt have won any match without peter Odili
Why una dey do like this ….this is not fair,,,acting dumb when you have sense
Una dey do una self
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by Mitsurugi(m): 10:01am On Nov 18, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Obi claim Peter Odili was his senior boy In school

*How exactly is a 6 year old in Secondary school, to have a senior boy as Peter Obi in senior class form 5 or SS3?!

* He also used the pronoun "We couldn't have played"

Question remains how does a 6 years old in primary knows Odili a senior boy and graduating student of SS3 to use we as a personal pronoun

This is why SouthEast have ridiculous Governors since 1999, from drunkard like Obiano, to Statue molder like Okorocha, to Hopeless Uzodingba, to Kerosene Ikpeazu, to chronic lair Obeer

Nobody would allow such charlatans near Aso Rock

Don't be a madafaka! I attended Kings College. When I speak about my school's exploits I use we because I am KC and KC is me. These sentiments are too complex for your ilk to grasp I guess.
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by Maliqcious: 10:02am On Nov 18, 2022
Forget sentiment I can understand the human factor no man is a Superman stress is real. Peter OBI no give him narration well enough. Senior boys means say OBI for second of which dem no met for the school. If him say I used to hear about how Peter Obi is to captain the school team it explains it better. Regardless OBI is doing well.
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by HRMK: 10:04am On Nov 18, 2022
defending the indefensible!when a man says he was the classmate of a man who left school in 1967 but still 61,one needs not be told that obi is a bloody liar!he is worse than popular minister of the nation!!

1 Like

Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 18, 2022
them urchins are so daft in their reasoning to think they can taint obi's sterling reputation before the electorate with their cheap lies and propagander.. eno work. nigerians are wiser now.
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by madapcmod: 10:04am On Nov 18, 2022
Na d kind fact check mynd dey do be this.

Mischievous fact check
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by frankson1(m): 10:04am On Nov 18, 2022
Moh247:
cool

*How exactly is a 6 year old in Secondary school, to have a senior boy as Peter Obi in senior class form 5 or SS3?!

Question remains how does a 6 years old in primary knows Odili a senior boy and graduating student of SS3 to use we as a personal pronoun

This is why SouthEast have ridiculous Governors since 1999, from drunkard like Obiano, to Statue molder like Okorocha, to Hopeless Uzodingba, to Kerosene Ikpeazu, to chronic lair Obeer

They will soon come to defend how Obi came to Rivers state to negotiate for his votes at the expense of Beatrice, the Governorship candidate of LP.

If Obi gets one vote in Rivers state, then they'll be zombies for life.
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by hardeyincah(m): 10:05am On Nov 18, 2022
propsvilla1:

Is it all your secondary school senior that you met in ur school?

If u didn't meet him, how do u go ahead and say without odili you won't win that day...

He talks too much

1 Like

Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by Abokilongthing: 10:05am On Nov 18, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by Ddokie: 10:06am On Nov 18, 2022
Timmi:

Mr. Ubani or whatever you call yourself, this statement “Odili was my senior boy in Secondary School” implies your OBI was in school during the time of Odili though Odili was his senior. Got it. English is not that complicated if you do not belong to the Ibo/Igbo/IPOB nation of lies, propaganda, misinformation and fraud.

You are the one telling us what his statement implies, but he is the only one who will tell us what he meant.

The only statements PO made that cannot be misrepresented or taken out of any context are: Peter Odili went to CKC; Peter Obi went to CKC. Peter Odili was Senior Boy in CKC; Peter Odili was a key footballer in CKC. Can you identify any false information here?

PO can tell you tomorrow that he has a tradition of personalizing everything that happened in CKC before and during his stay at CKC. Will you beat him because he has that tradition? Do football fans today not use the "We" tag under every circumstance, including in defining events that happened in the clubs history years before they were born?

Lets leave silly inconsequential matters aside and focus on real issues like the forfeiture of 460k by BAT, the obviously forged university of chicago certificate submitted to INEC, the rufusal of BAT to reveal his primary and secondary schools.

These are tangible issues. Not what a statement implies. Go to a court of law and see whether you can use 'implies' to win a case.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by madapcmod: 10:08am On Nov 18, 2022
HRMK:
defending the indefensible!when a man says he was the classmate of a man who left school in 1967 but still 61,one needs not be told that obi is a bloody liar!he is worse than popular minister of the nation!!

Where did you hear classmate?

He mentioned he was his senior. He never mentioned they played together. He said when CKC plays and he is not there, they lose.

Don't be mischievous

2 Likes

Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by amp01(m): 10:09am On Nov 18, 2022
Moh247:

Only a foolish idiot would even believe a 6 years old in a different Primary school, knows a Senior Prefect of Another school

Are Zombidiots born without sense or they are cursed

How can a dishonest man lead you to Vahala

No wonder SouthEast is how it is

Zero logic, only emotions

And as you wish your self to perish in your own comment so shall it be
Relax,na you confuse.
E nor mean say,obi was in the same sets with Odili,he is simple talking about PETER ODILI BEEN A GOOD SOCCER PLAYER IN THE SCHOOL FOOTBALL HISTORY.
IF YOU GO BOARDING SCHOOL,U GO UNDERSTAND,WHEN WE GO FOR END OF YEAR PARTY FOR OLD BOYS,YOU DONT CALL YOUR SENIOR BY IS NAME WITHOUT PUTTING SENIOR FIRST,LIKE SENOIR MIKE NOT MR MIKE.
THERE ARE SENOIR,I DIDN'T MEET IN GOVERNMENT COLLEGE UGHELLI,BUT WHEN WE MEET AT MEETINGS,I MUST SURE THEN THAT RESPECT BY PUT SENIOR TO GREET THEM.
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by OscarDboss: 10:10am On Nov 18, 2022
Ddokie:

You are the one telling us what his statement implies, but he is the only one who will tell us what he meant.

The only statements PO made that cannot be misrepresented or taken out of any context are: Peter Odili went to CKC; Peter Obi went to CKC. Peter Odili was Senior Boy in CKC; Peter Odili was a key footballer in CKC. Can you identify any false information here?
Exactly what I explained
Is not like they don’t understand ooo
They just choose to play dimb

PO can tell you tomorrow that he has a tradition of personalizing everything that happened in CKC before and during his stay at CKC. Will you beat him because he has that tradition? Do football fans today not use the "We" tag under every circumstance, including in defining events that happened in the clubs history years before they were born?

Lets leave silly inconsequential matters aside and focus on real issues like the forfeiture of 460k by BAT, the obviously forged university of chicago certificate submitted to INEC, the rufusal of BAT to reveal his primary and secondary schools.

These are tangible issues. Not what a statement implies. Go to a court of law and see whether you can use 'implies' to win a case.
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by trutht828: 10:11am On Nov 18, 2022
Acidosis:
We know the moderators working for Tinubu.

One of them campaigned heavily against GEJ. He did the same against Atiku in 2019 and now Obi.

Facts are different from claims. How do you rely on an unapologetic Tinubu blog for news about Obi when there's a clear video for everyone to watch and get their facts and interpretation?

Which one is "Nigerians react to...." when you could simply say that "Tinubu Fanboys react to.."?

These people you even support have done nothing but inflict pains on Nigerians. The forum has lost a good number of advertisers due to the policies of the current regime. Most sections are practically empty with no one to advertise but that one no concern una.

Are you saying Mynd44 is an APC moderator?
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by OscarDboss: 10:12am On Nov 18, 2022
Ddokie:

They know
Just acting dumb
But I thankGod we have people like you to unless remind them how stupid they look
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by trutht828: 10:14am On Nov 18, 2022
Moh247:
cool

He said in the video that "wd could hsve played football together". In case you are too daft to reason, let me tell you that it is different from "we played football together"

Stop copying ihordspy in desperation and stupidity, dear drug dealer defender.

1 Like

Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by Abokilongthing: 10:14am On Nov 18, 2022
This one na die ooo no mercy we will continue pressing till una mumu don doo
AyePappy:
Obi is a fraud and a serial lying bastard osu

Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by amp01(m): 10:15am On Nov 18, 2022
madapcmod:

Where did you hear classmate?

He mentioned he was his senior. He never mentioned they played together. He said when CKC plays and he is not there, they lose.

Don't be mischievous

That guy na government school e attend.
That's why den lack comprehension.

1 Like

Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by GoldSantana: 10:15am On Nov 18, 2022
Stop defending the indefensible. The truth in Obi's lies is that he wasn't born in 1961.
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by anyilalaz: 10:15am On Nov 18, 2022
Thandiubani:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdA4TVekoHU

Peoples Gazette used a fake quote to fact-check Peter Obi's statement. In the process, the online platform ended up spreading fake news about what Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi said in Port Harcourt yesterday.

Here's a transcript from the video vs what Peoples Gazette reported:

Transcript from video:

What Obi said:

"And that is why we want people to follow us. Everybody knows their age. They know where we were born. They know where we live. They know the school we attended. We have classmates. This morning, I was telling somebody about Peter Odili, and said Dr. Odili was my senior boy in Secondary School. We couldn’t have played football in CKC without Odili. Anyday he’s not in the match, we have lost. So we know. I have people in Rivers state that went to school with me. Some people, nobody have seen who went to school with them. So we must change this."

What Peoples Gazette wrote:

“Peter Odili was my senior at (CKC); we played football together. If Odili is not able to play, just know we have lost that day,” Mr Obi while taking an apparent swing at the credibility of Bola Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress at a rally in Port Harcourt.

Verdict:

The person that rushed to do a fact-check is either mischievous, unintelligent or a purveyor of fake and adulterated news.

My name is Alexander Thandi Ubani, I fact-check the fact-checkers. Facts are sacred!

Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by OscarDboss: 10:19am On Nov 18, 2022
GoldSantana:
Stop defending the indefensible. The truth in Obi's lies is that he wasn't born in 1961.
I hope you know Obi has primary and secondary school cert.
So he can’t lie about his age because everything I there for you to go and verify
The school is there , you know the school , I know the school
Just go and verify
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by Ddokie: 10:19am On Nov 18, 2022
[quote author=OscarDboss post=118487565][/quote]

I really don't want to believe that these Tinubu guys are as senseless as they appear on social media. My take is that their sentimental attachment to Tinubu's candidacy has made them suspend their sense of reasoning.

Most of them are likely to return to normal human beings when the elections are over. But until then, they are complete zombies.
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by Alpharey: 10:20am On Nov 18, 2022
AyePappy:

Ewu Jerusalem sacrificial scape goat to Satan

OSU bastard slave cretin

You are bitter, I know. But it is not my fault. Am not the ones that embezzled Nigerian money and asked you to keep supporting them based on ethnicity while you rot away. Sorry oo. Calm down
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by IamV: 10:20am On Nov 18, 2022
Moh247:

Let me point two and three

That name on that archive is not Tinubu.
Just pointing it out to you.
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by SirJerrie(m): 10:21am On Nov 18, 2022
Moh247:

Only a foolish idiot would even believe a 6 years old in a different Primary school, knows a Senior Prefect of Another school

Are Zombidiots born without sense or they are cursed

How can a dishonest man lead you to Vahala

No wonder SouthEast is how it is

Zero logic, only emotions

And as you wish your self to perish in your own comment so shall it be

It's your fear for a change of Government I don't understand...
You're most-likely benefiting from the proceeds of corruptions of your paymaster

Dr PETER ODILI was senior prefect CKC 1967 but he and his mates could not write their O'levels in 1967 because of the outbreak of Civil war.
Dr Peter ODILI Wrote his ()levels 1971 in CKC and spent another 2 years for his Alevels (HSC ). Peter ODILI was a legendary footballer in CKC . PETER OBI met Peter ODILI as a class 1 junior student while ODILI was in his upper 6th form .
ODILI was in CKC 1962-67 then 71-73.
Dr. Peter Odili was my Senior Boy in Secondary School. We couldn't have played football in CKC without Odili. Any day he is not in the match we've lost, so we know. I have people in Rivers state that went to school with me, some people nobody have seen people who went to school with them. So we must say this," he added.

So PETER OBI is right . Peter ODILI was his senior they probably did not play together, but he is right about CKC the school .

Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by sonso: 10:22am On Nov 18, 2022
Thandiubani:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdA4TVekoHU

Peoples Gazette used a fake quote to fact-check Peter Obi's statement. In the process, the online platform ended up spreading fake news about what Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi said in Port Harcourt yesterday.

Here's a transcript from the video vs what Peoples Gazette reported:

Transcript from video:

What Obi said:

"And that is why we want people to follow us. Everybody knows their age. They know where we were born. They know where we live. They know the school we attended. We have classmates. This morning, I was telling somebody about Peter Odili, and said Dr. Odili was my senior boy in Secondary School. We couldn’t have played football in CKC without Odili. Anyday he’s not in the match, we have lost. So we know. I have people in Rivers state that went to school with me. Some people, nobody have seen who went to school with them. So we must change this."

What Peoples Gazette wrote:

“Peter Odili was my senior at (CKC); we played football together. If Odili is not able to play, just know we have lost that day,” Mr Obi while taking an apparent swing at the credibility of Bola Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress at a rally in Port Harcourt.

Verdict:

The person that rushed to do a fact-check is either mischievous, unintelligent or a purveyor of fake and adulterated news.

My name is Alexander Thandi Ubani, I fact-check the fact-checkers. Facts are sacred!

You think we are daft.
If Odili was his senior boy, it means they were
In school together. Odili could be in Final year while 9bi was in the first year,
74-5 years t= 69.
By this, Obi is at least 69
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by GoldSantana: 10:22am On Nov 18, 2022
OscarDboss:

I hope you know Obi has primary and secondary school cert.
So he can’t lie about his age because everything I there for you to go and verify
The school is there , you know the school , I know the school
Just go and verify
this is Nigeria bro. Anybody can write whichever year they want on their primary school cert

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant / Many Electron Winners Will Return INEC Certificates – Festus Ogun / Benue Gov, Deputy In Auto Crash!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.