Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) (29853 Views)

I Don't Have A Political Relationship With Odili, We Don't Work Together - Wike / Peter Obi Didn’t Take Pictures With Simon Ekpa - Vanguard / Atiku: Peter Obi Didn’t Consult Me Before Leaving PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by HydraFeeds(m): 10:25am On Nov 18, 2022
propsvilla1:

Is it all your secondary school senior that you met in ur school?
any senior you did not meet in school is called alumnae /alumnus
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by rollywise(m): 10:26am On Nov 18, 2022
That's why Obi will never respond to some funny talks about him. To them it's politics. Same dirty style of politics that brought us to this sorry level
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by SirJerrie(m): 10:26am On Nov 18, 2022
sonso:

You think we are daft.
If Odili was his senior boy, it means they were
In school together. Odili could be in Final year while 9bi was in the first year,
74-5 years t= 69.
By this, Obi is at least 69

Small nyash dey shake
Dr PETER ODILI was senior prefect CKC 1967 but he and his mates could not write their O'levels in 1967 because of the outbreak of Civil war.
Dr Peter ODILI Wrote his ()levels 1971 in CKC and spent another 2 years for his Alevels (HSC ). Peter ODILI was a legendary footballer in CKC . PETER OBI met Peter ODILI as a class 1 junior student while ODILI was in his upper 6th form .
ODILI was in CKC 1962-67 then 71-73.
Dr. Peter Odili was my Senior Boy in Secondary School. We couldn't have played football in CKC without Odili. Any day he is not in the match we've lost, so we know. I have people in Rivers state that went to school with me, some people nobody have seen people who went to school with them. So we must say this," he added.
So PETER OBI is right . Peter ODILI was his senior they probably did not play together, but he is right about CKC the school .
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by booblacain(m): 10:29am On Nov 18, 2022
Moh247:

* He also used the pronoun "We couldn't have played"

So when an Arsenal fan here in Nigeria says, we beat Chealsea yesterday, does he mean that he personally played in the match.

When a Nigerian says, we are going to beat Ghana in the next friendlies, does it mean he will personally be in the field playing on that day?
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by rollywise(m): 10:29am On Nov 18, 2022
Thandiubani:
This is what Gazette wrote:

And these are not the words Peter used. He said "we couldn't have played football without Peter Odili"
And by the way, has Odili come out to say Peter lied on him? Some people stupid o. Who lies with such frivolous things??
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by wonder233: 10:30am On Nov 18, 2022
Yesterday, I was telling my wife World cup is starting soon. I told her how WE played Argentina in 1994. I was just 11 years old in 1994, I wasn't part of super eagles. The "WE" pronoun here refers to my identifying as a Nigerian.
As a Man U fan, I can tell you WE hired Alex Fergusson in1986, when I was just 3years old, shebi that means I sat on the board that hired him abi?
Urchins, make una dey try get sense, haba!
Moh247:

Obi claim Peter Odili was his senior boy In school

*How exactly is a 6 year old in Secondary school, to have a senior boy as Peter Obi in senior class form 5 or SS3?!

Question remains how does a 6 years old in primary knows Odili a senior boy and graduating student of SS3 to use we as a personal pronoun

This is why SouthEast have ridiculous Governors since 1999, from drunkard like Obiano, to Statue molder like Okorocha, to Hopeless Uzodingba, to Kerosene Ikpeazu, to chronic lair Obeer

Nobody would allow such charlatans near Aso Rock

Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by SirJerrie(m): 10:30am On Nov 18, 2022
naijapips04:

Cut and join IPOB Photoshop.

We believe gazette news as we have been believing them when they post exposé on Tinubu and Buhari.

Talk say no get data or you no understand english...
or you no wan understand because you hate the man because he's igbo....
Atleast we go understand where your pain dey come from..
everybody wey no support drug-de@ler na ipob...
ozuor

Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by Lanre1st(m): 10:30am On Nov 18, 2022
kk2027:
Very nice one
They think they can hoodwink the youths with propaganda in 2022

We're wiser, Nigeria cannot continue like this

*Is Obi not lie about the statement* PO did not meet Odili in secondary school, how was Odili his Senior Boy. Odili finished secondary school while PO is 6yrs. Obi only heard story of Odili he did not witness it. How will Obi tells the stories of his school mate quoting Odili that have finished University before he entered high school?

Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by ATLIEN2027: 10:31am On Nov 18, 2022
Pandora pathological liar Obi tuary is a lying SOB.
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by newnigerdelta1: 10:35am On Nov 18, 2022
Thandiubani:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdA4TVekoHU

Peoples Gazette used a fake quote to fact-check Peter Obi's statement. In the process, the online platform ended up spreading fake news about what Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi said in Port Harcourt yesterday.

Here's a transcript from the video vs what Peoples Gazette reported:

Transcript from video:

What Obi said:

"And that is why we want people to follow us. Everybody knows their age. They know where we were born. They know where we live. They know the school we attended. We have classmates. This morning, I was telling somebody about Peter Odili, and said Dr. Odili was my senior boy in Secondary School. We couldn’t have played football in CKC without Odili. Anyday he’s not in the match, we have lost. So we know. I have people in Rivers state that went to school with me. Some people, nobody have seen who went to school with them. So we must change this."

What Peoples Gazette wrote:

“Peter Odili was my senior at (CKC); we played football together. If Odili is not able to play, just know we have lost that day,” Mr Obi while taking an apparent swing at the credibility of Bola Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress at a rally in Port Harcourt.

Verdict:

The person that rushed to do a fact-check is either mischievous, unintelligent or a purveyor of fake and adulterated news.

My name is Alexander Thandi Ubani, I fact-check the fact-checkers. Facts are sacred!

OBI You nor really know how to campaign..... what you saying about class mate has no meaning
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by kcpumping(m): 10:35am On Nov 18, 2022
We had just concluded our old school association day which I was actively involved in, I finished 99 but some of the graduants of 82 were presents and you know what? I recognised them as my seniors....how about that?
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by Devil1Messenger: 10:35am On Nov 18, 2022
Moh247:

No it's not, but saying you can't play a match without Fashola who graduated 3 to 5 years before you gained admission is a lie

And that's what people's gazette and other news outlets pointed out
For your information
They were actually in school together

Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by kcpumping(m): 10:37am On Nov 18, 2022
newnigerdelta1:

He never said class mate but senior boy....

OBI You nor really know how to campaign..... what you saying about class mate has no meaning
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by Omodua(m): 10:39am On Nov 18, 2022
Sonyboom:
OP this is still thewronh clip as Pandora lying bastard Obi clearly stated any they play ball without Odili in the match they lost.

The Pandora criminal never met Odili in School so how was he anke to watch him play any match or know when Odili was not in a match ? Make this foolish bastard softly de lie.
PeterObi is a foolish bastard? For sure,you were raised in the gutters with no atom of manners.
I think its your father who is a foolish bastard,if you have any.
Agbero with no commonsense!
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by drlateef: 10:43am On Nov 18, 2022
Thandiubani:

Peoples Gazette used a fake quote to fact-check Peter Obi's statement. In the process, the online platform ended up spreading fake news about what Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi said in Port Harcourt yesterday.

Transcript from video:

What Obi said:

"And that is why we want people to follow us. Everybody knows their age. They know where we were born. They know where we live. They know the school we attended. We have classmates. This morning, I was telling somebody about Peter Odili, and said Dr. Odili was my senior boy in Secondary School. We couldn’t have played football in CKC without Odili. Anyday he’s not in the match, we have lost. So we know. I have people in Rivers state that went to school with me. Some people, nobody have seen who went to school with them. So we must change this."

“Peter Odili was my senior at (CKC); we played football together. If Odili is not able to play, just know we have lost that day,” Mr Obi while taking an apparent swing at the credibility of Bola Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress at a rally in Port Harcourt.

Verdict:

The person that rushed to do a fact-check is either mischievous, unintelligent or a purveyor of fake and adulterated news.

My name is Alexander Thandi Ubani, I fact-check the fact-checkers. Facts are sacred!

What you have done is further fact check that will land Obi in jail. He claimed to be in same secondary school as junior to Odili, when he should have been 6 years old, about to start primary school based on his age claim.
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by Timmi: 10:43am On Nov 18, 2022
Ddokie:

You are the one telling us what his statement implies, but he is the only one who will tell us what he meant.

The only statements PO made that cannot be misrepresented or taken out of any context are: Peter Odili went to CKC; Peter Obi went to CKC. Peter Odili was Senior Boy in CKC; Peter Odili was a key footballer in CKC. Can you identify any false information here?

PO can tell you tomorrow that he has a tradition of personalizing everything that happened in CKC before and during his stay at CKC. Will you beat him because he has that tradition? Do football fans today not use the "We" tag under every circumstance, including in defining events that happened in the clubs history years before they were born?

Lets leave silly inconsequential matters aside and focus on real issues like the forfeiture of 460k by BAT, the obviously forged university of chicago certificate submitted to INEC, the rufusal of BAT to reveal his primary and secondary schools.

These are tangible issues. Not what a statement implies. Go to a court of law and see whether you can use 'implies' to win a case.

These ObiZombies are irredeemable
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by 00FFT00(m): 10:46am On Nov 18, 2022
Moh247:

*How exactly is a 6 year old in Secondary school, to have a senior boy as Peter Obi in senior class form 5 or SS3?!

Question remains how does a 6 years old in primary knows Odili a senior boy and graduating student of SS3 to use we as a personal pronoun

This is why SouthEast have ridiculous Governors since 1999, from drunkard like Obiano, to Statue molder like Okorocha, to Hopeless Uzodingba, to Kerosene Ikpeazu, to chronic lair Obeer

Which primary school did Tinubu attend?.
Which Secondary school did he attend after that?.
Who were his schoolmates?.
Who were his neighbors?.

Name one, just one person who has ever validated his litany of lies and spurious claims.
I find it hard to believe that the best southwest can offer Nigeria is a chronic liar, a drug dealer and addict with a voracious appetite to steal anything that is not bolted down. A complete fraud, to summarize.

That's who Southwest is offering Nigeria. We reject him completely.
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by nedekid: 10:50am On Nov 18, 2022
Are you minding them? Charlatans. They hear but cannot comprehend.
Who they want to hear is a person that wants to be "pressent"
Anyway, Nigerians are not agberos, we are wiser, smarter, educated.
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by Made1414(m): 10:55am On Nov 18, 2022
Thandiubani:

Transcript from video:

What Obi said:

Verdict:

Urchins when you fact check Tinubus age Drug dealing? Bullion van?
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by Ikukuchi: 10:57am On Nov 18, 2022
That's like choosing evil against good. First and foremost, southwesterners should apologize to southeasterners for their wicked political calculation of joining to foist Buhari on us. Thank God we all suffered his(Buhari) docility as a result of age. Killing everywhere including the southwest. God cannot be mocked. Support evil and it shall be your portion. What a man or woman sows, that's what you reap bountiful
Sonyboom:
Fools that do not believe Tinubu went to School after Chicago University released many confirmation he did want us to reasoning outside the box with a lying bastard like Peter Obi. I have said it before the 2023 Presidential election Will be the only time Peter Obi will ever dare to contest the presidency of Nigeria, the disgrace shame n humilation he will suffer will never allow him dare such a venture ever again

Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by Made1414(m): 10:59am On Nov 18, 2022
ATLIEN2027:
Pandora pathological liar Obi tuary is a lying SOB.

Urchins is pains... Drug dealer supporter, what us the actual age of Tinubu? A criminal supporter of bullion van thief supporter, may ewa, cassava and agbado must be your feeding in Gods name... While you die in sambisa forest after joining armt where you will be paid 70k monthly.... Snake
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by Ddokie: 11:04am On Nov 18, 2022
Timmi:

These ObiZombies are irredeemable

Obviously. Just throw a jab and escape an argument that will show how shallow you are.
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by Chrismania100: 11:13am On Nov 18, 2022
Stop sweating over foolishness. Are you well at all? You saw a clean man called Peter obi, out of envious tribalistic idiot and hate you have for igbos,you choose a dead man walking Tinubu.A certified notorious drug criminal who has been slaving lagos people for years.on top of that, he included his fellow devil in Shettima, a well known boko man sponsor and you didn't see anything with it.Some times,I wonder why your parents did not use Condom when he was fucking your mum some people were not supposed to come in to this world as He cow.

Are you well at all? if not a mental problem,how do you see your self as normal, when out of hatred you choose to campaign for Tinubu just people hate igbo and do not want them to smell the Aso seat thereby submitting millions of Nigerians to suffering,does it make sense to you?

Upon all the calamities,christians killings, attrocities, Tinubu APC caused this country,you stil get mind they defend someone whose age, health, certificate source of income is unknown..

Your shame is even shaming me.Just becos Obi said he and Odili were in the same school, you are now building a mountain out of it,as an excuse why he is a criminal? IF A FATHER LIKE YOU WILL BE TELLING THIS KIND OF LIES,I JUAT PITY YOUR CHILDREN.
Obi is coming to decentralised Nigeria common treasury Tinubu monopolised,and he will be your president.

Moh247:

Make we see now, Obeer no go win

Me I no fit suffer see my Residency permit, na you we dey try save from voting the foolish man from Anambra

Since SouthEast have terrible decision when it comes to Governance we must always rescue you
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by goslowgoslow(m): 11:13am On Nov 18, 2022
BATified2023:
so a 6 year old who is in primary school n a senior prefect will b in d same team right?

Peter obi even said if Odili isn’t playing it’s sure they will lose that day

The most annoying thing about u obi supporters is that u employ d same ipob tactics that whoever u are supporting can never make mistakes,even if he calls black white u must defend it to make it look like white

This is madness n this is the same reason y Nigerians are scrutinizing peter obi more

Accept he made mistake n move on then people will forget about it

Tinubu have goofed a couple time same with atiku but u don’t see people hammering it cos their supporters move on n accept they make mistake but once it’s peter obi they will start defending rubbish to the extent that it will b becoming annoying n people who were not interested initially will start picking interest

Accept he made mistake like everyone on earth n people will forget it

Don't you know that Peter the liar Obi is their deity, he his probably the AMADIOHA we hear about.

Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by Timmi: 11:15am On Nov 18, 2022
Ddokie:

Obviously. Just throw a jab and escape an argument that will show how shallow you are.

No need to argue with someone that lack basic English comprehension. You said “ PO can tell you tomorrow that he has a tradition of personalizing everything that happened in CKC” - now are you then not imputing statement that OBI didn’t make to him, and if so, are you not implying that is what he meant? That is my last response.
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by goslowgoslow(m): 11:17am On Nov 18, 2022
Ikukuchi:
That's like choosing evil against good. First and foremost, southwesterners should apologize to southeasterners for their wicked political calculation of joining to foist Buhari on us. Thank God we all suffered his(Buhari) docility as a result of age. Killing everywhere including the southwest. God cannot be mocked. Support evil and it shall be your portion. What a man or woman sows, that's what you reap bountiful
Wetin this one dey talk? Dem put gun on anybody head to vote Buhari! Very silly comment.
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by Klington: 11:22am On Nov 18, 2022
Moh247:

Hope this answers your f00l!sh question

Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by BaddestQueen(f): 11:23am On Nov 18, 2022
Moh247:

Only an Akpu munching gorrila would believe Facebook post over INEC published credentials
destroying Tinubu politically is a task every patriotic citizen should embark on if you want a better tomorrow.
thunder scatter Tinubu
thunder scatter Tinubu urchins
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by ZUBY77(m): 11:24am On Nov 18, 2022
Moh247:

You totally have zero intelligence.
A trait associated with supporters of the walking dead
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by Moh247: 11:24am On Nov 18, 2022
BaddestQueen:
destroying Tinubu politically is a task every patriotic citizen should embark on if you want a better tomorrow.
thunder scatter Tinubu
thunder scatter Tinubu urchins

CC; Seun, Nlfpmod dominique Mynd44

This are the people you asked for on Twitter just now
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by Moh247: 11:25am On Nov 18, 2022
ZUBY77:

You totally have zero intelligence.
A trait associated with supporters of the walking dead

Rule 2 mynd44 Seun Nlfpmod

Don't turn Nairaland to a toxic zone
Re: Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) by ZUBY77(m): 11:29am On Nov 18, 2022
Moh247:

Rule 2 mynd44 Seun Nlfpmod

Don't turn Nairaland to a toxic zone

Like my life depend here abi ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tinubu/shettima Group Shifts Akwa Ibom Rally As CPC Chair Resigns / Floods At Isheri-North GRA Estate, Lagos As River Overflows Its Bank (Pics) / Buhari Teacher, Saida Kaita Dies

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71