Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,143 members, 7,815,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House (29713 Views)

Should I Pack My parents Out Or Go To Rent My Own House? / Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This / My Mother Wants To Remarry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:35pm On Nov 18, 2022
Tzar:
Your mum is the best ever!!
You are getting that from her because you are likely very selfish!
You probably do nothing in the house financially to support her. So you are as useless and obstructing as a roadside rock!
Buy things for the house, load her phone with some credit , do significant house chores and shower her with kind words to show you appreciate her efforts at accommodating your entitled ADULT ass and watch her change her mind!

On top how much? Is she doing him a favour? Isn't he supposed to be her son again?

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Nnamaka1: 6:35pm On Nov 18, 2022
You will never know what gifts or blessings Almighty God has given to you till you are independent. Take it as a challenge. If you die, You die and if you succeed, you succeed.

Don't be afraid to step outside brother. I did it and I have never regretted. The only thing is that when you step out and your light starts shinning. Be very careful of people that will try to sneak into your life and destabilize you

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by olar2g(m): 6:38pm On Nov 18, 2022
30k per month is a lot bro, it is time for u to be a man o. Some graduate are not receiving that kind of cash u see as small or not enough o.
Just start with a room in a face me I slap u.
Plan very well things go work out for bro

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Barims(m): 6:50pm On Nov 18, 2022
Nobleou:
Bro ur mum wants to be bringing men in.

Truth is always bitter

Best comment grin grin
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by ASB717: 7:08pm On Nov 18, 2022
Go and hug your sweet mother and thank her. Na in future you go appreciate watin she do for you.
A lot of adults still home with "mummy and daddy" expecting manna from heaven.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by ObiaboAdoka(m): 7:16pm On Nov 18, 2022
duduade:
You are not ready to be a man ni

Kudos to your mum for saying you should move out o
Some pipu talk as if dem no get sense. Wer will 30k take him to in dis present Nigeria economy. Pls, don't b angry oo, is ur mum a widow or single parent?

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by storm001(m): 7:17pm On Nov 18, 2022
Remain there bro. Do the dish, wash her plate and plead with her.

Whatever you do bro, REMAIN THERE.
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by bosstim(m): 7:20pm On Nov 18, 2022
Most of you shouting move out, move out at that age was still in their parents house. Hypocrites everywhere

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by JoyousFurnitire(m): 7:24pm On Nov 18, 2022
VictorDivine:
use her for rituals.

I wonder why dey won't remove comments like this.

And the stupid manabbgrills disguising as the foolish Nairalandpolicewoman or something won't see this.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 18, 2022
Jovialjune1:
What kind of mother is that pushing you out of her house at age 20? Even mature adults are finding things hard in this present naija, not to talk of kids your age, except you are stubborn or not contributing for upkeep, I suggest you go to a relative close by for your peace of mind.

Modified:
I keep saying it that most nl peeps didn't come from a healthy family background, they always see their upbringing as the basis and right, see how most of them are supporting the mother, this is not the western world for goodness sake, their standard of living and way of life is not same as ours, Op's mother is suppose to look for how to secure admission to a University for him at that age 20, that is what concerned and caring parents would do

Op where is your dad?

Thumbs up for your comment

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by candygist: 7:31pm On Nov 18, 2022
DaddyFreeze2020:
In some countries with high standard of living, you would be married with a child.
Move out and stop staying with your mother.

Is Nigeria part of these countries ?

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Pat081: 7:44pm On Nov 18, 2022
You don't tell us maybe you have brothers or sisters and what of your father If you are the only one maybe your mum needs someone to keep her..., ........ you know that

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by favour32(m): 7:51pm On Nov 18, 2022
Wey ya papa for the picture if you want best response.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by tivta(m): 7:55pm On Nov 18, 2022
Evidenx:
lol
Leaving very early helps alot,you will learn surviving skills and how to hustle and be a man for yourself.

When people use the word hustle it just means criminal activities.
No wonder there's high rate of fraud amongst the youths of today, get rich or die trying abi? I hope you survived it...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by tamcamp253: 7:58pm On Nov 18, 2022
From the story, and as you said you give her 50% of your pay then I will ask, where is your dad, If he’s not in the picture then sorry to say this you mom might have a boyfriend and need some privacy
Greattestman:
There's nothing i dont do. I give her 50% of my salary every month.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Octopusssy(f): 8:02pm On Nov 18, 2022
Incredible128:
The people here are wicked, which kind of mother do u have? That's very unthoughtful of her considering how harsh the economy is and who the hell pushes a 20year old out of the house?
God bless you. The fellow was a teenager last year. Haba mana

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by litaninja(m): 8:02pm On Nov 18, 2022
Your moniker is quite the irony.
Greattestman:
This issue has been eating me up for so long and i don't know what to do. My mother began pressurizing me to rent my own house and leave her alone.

It was unprecedented and i don't expect that from her. I'm barely 20 and I teach in a private school. I also do home lessons so my monthly income ranges from 25k to 30k or thereabout.

This money will not be enough for me to rent a house, buy my food and take care of myself. I have tried to explain but she refused to understand with me. She told her friends to advice me to leave; that I'm matured enough to live alone.

I'm pressed and I need your advice.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Berankis: 8:03pm On Nov 18, 2022
AgentGoat:
Which year was this?

Don't compare 2010 with 2022.
You are right in a way but the point is not in the earning but in the determination. I can see you have done a lot, but you must continue.
I never thought I could get to this point too, I had almost given up on myself. The struggle continues and there is still more room for growth. Take your time, continue to work, you will break through soon.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Dearlord(m): 8:03pm On Nov 18, 2022
Ogbeni just do what you wanna do with your life.

I left my family house at the age of 12 years,
went to different states doing any legit work I see around the vicinity and by 18 I have explored few west African countries and settled down with my handful of dried green vegetables, popping up refreshing smoke into the air everytime giving account how fun and useless life is at the same time.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by frozen70(f): 8:04pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:
This issue has been eating me up for so long and i don't know what to do. My mother began pressurizing me to rent my own house and leave her alone.

It was unprecedented and i don't expect that from her. I'm barely 20 and I teach in a private school. I also do home lessons so my monthly income ranges from 25k to 30k or thereabout.

This money will not be enough for me to rent a house, buy my food and take care of myself. I have tried to explain but she refused to understand with me. She told her friends to advice me to leave; that I'm matured enough to live alone.

I think your behavior must have prompted that

Where is your dad, is he separated from your mum, if yes then your mum needs freedom to entertain visitors

So brace up, get a room and start your life there

If you are lucky you will get a woman that will give you her love and you guys will plan properly

If you are not financially able to afford, ask her to get money for you to rent house
Buy bed and pots for cooking

Then take it up from there

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Tewqewtii(m): 8:08pm On Nov 18, 2022
OP Your mama wan dey carry man come house grin
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Saintinoo(m): 8:09pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:
Fear of uncertainty is just part of it, but my problem is that in Jalingo where I live, houses are expensive. I just need time.

I was about to support you until i saw jalingo.

Oga pack out of her house, probably you are bringing girls to her house, because Jalingo families i know do accomodate even their sons in 40s.

Go to Nukkia, Mayo dasa, there are cheap houses there, try ATC too.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Evidenx(m): 8:17pm On Nov 18, 2022
tivta:

When people use the word hustle it just means criminal activities.
No wonder there's high rate of fraud amongst the youths of today, get rich or die trying abi? I hope you survived it...
You speak like one without sense... go check the word hustle mean in the dictionary.. If your information am a genuine Christian and I don't do fraud or yahoo either do I encourage it. There are people who still do legit stuff.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Innobee99(m): 8:18pm On Nov 18, 2022
DaddyFreeze2020:
In some countries with high standard of living, you would be married with a child.
Move out and stop staying with your mother.
Since he's not in those countries, he should come and kill himself ni?
In my father's house fa? Haba.

Fear God abeg

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Bensam2040(m): 8:30pm On Nov 18, 2022
All moms ain't like that Jor im 32 my mom still gives me money and has never pressurized me before any reason or so ever.......
Abfinest007:
All mom are like this. Look for a roommate and rest d house together believe me u do more better

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by AfonjaConehead: 8:48pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:

Try and save or save and start a biz.
Or use your salary to take care of yourself and stop depending on her or anybody for provisions
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by AfonjaConehead: 8:50pm On Nov 18, 2022
Bensam2040:
All moms ain't like that Jor im 32 my mom still gives me money and has never pressurized me before any reason or so ever.......
I hope she's not changing your diapers for you as well grin

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by RealTalkNoBull: 8:54pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:

Youre a grown man. Where I come from youd have been kicked out the house at 18yrs old or once you graduate High School (whichever comes first). A lot of Nigeria adults are leeches. They are not innovative at anything. Thats how youll see a Nigerian 25yr old adult calling himself "Youth".

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by jmichael259(m): 8:56pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:
There's nothing i dont do. I give her 50% of my salary every month.

are you staying in family house or rented apartment? If ur popsy is not in the picture then she wants freedom to run some things.

If it's family house, tell her to find her own apartment if e dey pain am.
She's trying to push you out the nest but that is more harm in this generation of APC and cost of dollar and food with just 20k income.

Anyways, make u find more hustle to add that job or leave the job start bizness even if na hawking or okada level. I don't judge, I just really hate hearing somebody mentioning nonsense like 20k salary in this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by deavicky(m): 9:42pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:

she only training u to be a man that u are. Are u a graduate?.
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Thekaghan: 9:48pm On Nov 18, 2022
To be sincere your mom needs her space maybe you have been spoiling parol for her. If she is a single mom kindly note that I mean no offense
Greattestman:

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Matthew2925(m): 10:04pm On Nov 18, 2022
VictorDivine:
use her for rituals.
It is evident that your prefrontal cortex is still developing.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? / Things A Man Should Do For His Wife All The Time (Part 1) / Siblings Prank Their 10-Year-Old Sister For Stealing Their Mum's Wine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.