Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,930 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:38 AM

My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House (30317 Views)

Should I Pack My parents Out Or Go To Rent My Own House? / Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This / My Mother Wants To Remarry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by baralatie(m): 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2022
Evidenx:
lol
Leaving very early helps alot,you will learn surviving skills and how to hustle and be a man for yourself.
Ehn!
As long as you are dealing with women!(mom,wife,fd,side chick,sisters)
They follow the money
embarassed

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Biafraaa: 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2022
Bro no matter what some people say here don't allow the pressure to get to you. Some moms are the reasons why there's a high rate of young boys joining Yahoo and other fraudulent activities. I know a few of them who let the pressure from their mother get to them and they end up committing one crime and the other. Stay in that house until you are financially stable to rent an apartment of yours and properly take care of yourself. Just make sure once in a while you provide for the family too. if your mother talks too much, remind her she's in your father's house. Let the vawulence begin.
Some mothers are something else. Spits

13 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:
This issue has been eating me up for so long and i don't know what to do. My mother began pressurizing me to rent my own house and leave her alone.

It was unprecedented and i don't expect that from her. I'm barely 20 and I teach in a private school. I also do home lessons so my monthly income ranges from 25k to 30k or thereabout.

This money will not be enough for me to rent a house, buy my food and take care of myself. I have tried to explain but she refused to understand with me. She told her friends to advice me to leave; that I'm matured enough to live alone.

I'm pressed and I need your advice.

That’s a mother you got!

Trust me, she wants the best for you!

She is aware it will be difficult for you, but wants you to confront the challenge!

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Emmex45(m): 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:
This issue has been eating me up for so long and i don't know what to do. My mother began pressurizing me to rent my own house and leave her alone.

It was unprecedented and i don't expect that from her. I'm barely 20 and I teach in a private school. I also do home lessons so my monthly income ranges from 25k to 30k or thereabout.

This money will not be enough for me to rent a house, buy my food and take care of myself. I have tried to explain but she refused to understand with me. She told her friends to advice me to leave; that I'm matured enough to live alone.

See that your monthly salary is enough to take care of yourself if you plan well.
Except you day fear to stay alone.

3 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:

After this, she will pressure you to marry, brace up.
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by FuckTheMod: 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2022
VictorDivine:
use her for rituals.
Ho low Ree buu ruu kuu ọmọ ẹran

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by ptkoncept(m): 2:54pm On Nov 18, 2022
pele ooo babay of the house, i rented my first apartment - mini flat while earning 29k , its not about age ,its about determination

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Bestrolland(m): 2:54pm On Nov 18, 2022
You have a good mum bro,she want u to learn more abt life,with 20k bro u wil survive and have saving.defination of her action to u simply means BE INDEPENDENT

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Chemlite: 2:54pm On Nov 18, 2022
nenyewrites:

Where's your father? If your mum is a single mum, she might want to ...
[color=#990000][quote author=nenyewrites post=118491851]

You know too much!
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by ajadematanle: 2:54pm On Nov 18, 2022
Your mom love you and want you to succeed in life. She knows you’re complacent and pressure is not mounted on you, you might not get married and settle down.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by meobizy(f): 2:54pm On Nov 18, 2022
This boy again? How many accounts? I blame moderators since all they and Seun care about is participation on the forum.
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by NigeriaIsGreat: 2:55pm On Nov 18, 2022
Eriokanmi:
You're not at fault, neither your mum is. Nigerian leaders will face God's judgement in the last day and I doubt they'd be set free. In their time, many if not all of them married in their early 20s. Obviously before they attained that age, they must have been living independently cos everything was pretty fine. Before graduation, you already had a job waiting. Teachers were driving new cars, living comfortable life, etc. What do we have today? Leaders owning private jets which they reaped people off to buy. Placing their children in strategic positions while the masses keep suffering. They stash money in their homes and turn their mansions into banks. I hope this generation would be wise someday
honestly this country is just too difficult. My father who isn't working in the corporate organisation got married in his mid 20s and he was doing pretty fine then not now anymore. Here i am the son jobless with my strong 2.1 results and marketable skills. I have friends with first class jobless. There are guys in their 40s single and still living with their parents

Nigeria isn"t fair with my generation seriously and it's really unfair. Not everyone will indulge in cyber fraud for crying out loud

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Fearyourcreator: 2:56pm On Nov 18, 2022
Rolexxxy:
you are a fool.
Definitely it's rubbish... But why will she be sending him out since he is not staying idle... Mounting pressure on him to go do what excatly

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by OgbanjeProphet: 2:56pm On Nov 18, 2022
"adulthood na scam" grin

Welcome to adulthood my friend. Allow your mother to rest now. At 20, you are old enough to be on your own. Free that woman abeg.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Jokkarm2: 2:57pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:

is time for you to leave your house , that is the meaning. if you are an igbo man, you will understand. just plan and leave .if you dont leave , you wont get a better job.
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Maxxim: 2:57pm On Nov 18, 2022
Nobleou:
Bro ur mum wants to be bringing men in.

Truth is always bitter
I saw most pple have been avoiding to say this cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Lexusgs430: 2:58pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:

I left home at 19 (although nobody pressured me)...... When it's time to go, it's time to go ....... wink

3 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Josbreed: 2:58pm On Nov 18, 2022
Anf what is your father saying about it?

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by juniorstar(m): 2:58pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:

Are you done schooling?
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 18, 2022
I started staying on my own at the age of 19. Now in my 30s living alone doesn't scare me anymore.

But I don't support your mother's decision. There must be something you're not telling us.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Coldie(m): 3:00pm On Nov 18, 2022
If u can, do it, u won’t regret it. You are still young so if u make mistake u can always fall back home.

Only thing if u want to do this mind d company u keep

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by 360Master: 3:00pm On Nov 18, 2022
Are you sure that your mum is genuinely your mum? shocked
Let me tell you something; do not let her pressure you to leave your home cos you’ll not be able to survive with that pay, given the current economic realities.

Is it a rented apartment or she/your dad own the house? If it’s your dad’s house, stay put, do not leave. If it’s hers, still do not leave but start saving up or look for a place you can manage elsewhere. Apply wisdom with her and buy as much time as you possibly can.

Try improve your income by asking your current home lesson parents to refer you to their friends and families.

This is one of the many pressures a man is faced with in life. God Abeg!

5 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by VERDA: 3:00pm On Nov 18, 2022
DaddyFreeze2020:
In some countries with high standard of living, you would be married with a child.
Move out and stop staying with your mother.

You people should keep quiet abeg, where were you when you were 20 years old?...in as much as it's good to be independent...what exactly will salary do for him staying in his own, unless he is not helping out in the house or children too plenty.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by SimpleGuy001: 3:01pm On Nov 18, 2022
Richy4:

I do not mean to quote you..I just have to clarify something...The age an individual is considered a young adult is 18yrs in Nigeria...which means he/ she is no longer considered as minor..

And these are the thing that an 18yrs can do;
<<Get a credit card
<<Sue someone
<<Get a job
<<Buy stock
<<Buy or rent a house without his/her parent consent
<<Buy a car
<<Get married
<<Be tried as an adult for a crime..

The fact that many families were not asking their children to leave the house @ that age in the country due to some circumstances best known to them does not mean that it's a total taboo for those families that decides to do it..

This isn’t American sir, it is easier to do that there because they have a working system. A 20 yr old here sometimes hasn’t even gotten a clear direction especially regarding “renting a house alone”. Not saying it’s not possible but then it’s tough in this part of the world.

Maybe he isn’t helping his mum and that is the reason why

7 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by tefortayo: 3:01pm On Nov 18, 2022
VictorDivine:
use her for rituals.
Chai, See advice

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Biafranodogwu55: 3:02pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kooldon:
She is right and it is time you left.
The fear of uncertainty is what you are scared of but to me it is a blessing in disguise. So leave and pay her a visit once in a while
Is that really your ass
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by VERDA: 3:02pm On Nov 18, 2022
Incredible128:
The people here are wicked, which kind of mother do u have? That's very unthoughtful of her considering how harsh the economy is and who the hell pushes a 20year old out of the house?

Don't mind them, saying rubish...as if most of them were not dependent on their parents until late 20's for some of them. The dude is just 20 for heaven's sake.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by livinbygrace: 3:02pm On Nov 18, 2022
She Is indirectly telling you to go do Yahoo.Ger The Code!!

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Fira09(m): 3:03pm On Nov 18, 2022
VictorDivine:
Big.CowHornn cool cool cool Holy.Man12 Je.on talks about attention..whenever any of my posts hits front page it made me wonder who gets more attention on nairaland.

Hmmmm

grin
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Adonkia(m): 3:04pm On Nov 18, 2022
Karleb:

Quick question, when did you leave your parents house and where did you go from there?
i started living alone in 1991 at 20 so if your mum wants you to leave you just have to. you are working so that is a plus for you, just go and rent one room and start from there. That's being a man.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Eriokanmi: 3:05pm On Nov 18, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
honestly this country is just too difficult. My father who isn't working in the corporate organisation got married in his mid 20s and he was doing pretty fine then not now anymore. Here i am the son jobless with my strong 2.1 results and marketable skills. I have friends with first class jobless. There are guys in their 40s single and still living with their parents

Nigeria wasn't fair with my generation seriously and it's really unfair. Not everyone will indulge in cyber fraud for crying out loud
I agree with you. We are also responsible for some decisions we make in life. It's up to all of us, February 2023 isn't far. Don't fall for their lies..vote wisely.

In the 70s when all todays corrupt leaders were boys, there were good government programmes in place, which most of them also enjoyed. There were farm settlements, agric loans, government scholarships, etc geared at encouraging graduates and youths. Same leaders today who enjoyed the benefits had succeeded in killing it. I had an Indian girl as my classmate cos education was so strong in Nigeria. They allowed universities to go on strike for 8 good months while their children are schooling overseas. Vote wisely.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by jummex8228(f): 3:06pm On Nov 18, 2022
Maybe your mum has a new man. And she doesn't want him to know about your

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Husband Beats Wife To Pulp Over Disagreement On Election Results / Landlord Beats Pregnant Woman Into Coma, Loses Her Pregnancy (Photo) / 60-year-old Woman And Husband Welcome First Baby After 36 Years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.