Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,354 members, 7,826,386 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House (29772 Views)

Should I Pack My parents Out Or Go To Rent My Own House? / Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This / My Mother Wants To Remarry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by abanihenry(m): 3:26pm On Nov 18, 2022
Congrats bro, your Mum really loves you and want you to be responsible
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by 1gbdata: 3:27pm On Nov 18, 2022
If you have a girlfriend then it is time to leave.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Fatherfamous: 3:28pm On Nov 18, 2022
You are not making enough money to move up. Don't listen to her still you are strong enough.why does she want you out of the home so young in Nigeria bad economy without a good paying job.i repeat stay with her.
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by adecz: 3:29pm On Nov 18, 2022
Maybe you are eating her food and
not contributing, also her boyfriend
says if he continues seeing you around
her house, he will leave her❗️❗️☹️☹️☹️

You could also tell her and her boyfriend
to assist in paying the first year's rent
to get started ☑️☑️☑️

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Ventura1: 3:30pm On Nov 18, 2022
Your mum is a good woman, she understands the meaning of liberty, and decision making.
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 18, 2022
Desusi:
The children of nowadays are indeed indomie generation. I was 18 years
old when l started living on my own.if there's anyone to be well pampered it should be me because lam the babe of the home.Now one of my sons aged 30 years is crying like you saying l would not give him 3 meals in a day. My dear your mummy is a star.You would understand later.

I can feel you. May God help us

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:31pm On Nov 18, 2022
Maybe u r the one changing the narrative here....u want to go rent ur own house alone where u go see change follow women n *uck them but ur mum no gree u....
Which mama go allow him 20 years sonwey no dey earn much to go pay for house
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by BaddestQueen(f): 3:31pm On Nov 18, 2022
Moh247:
cool

As long as you are 18 she has every right to kick you out

For this Economy, your mum is probably stressed out or she needs her privacy for mekwe with your new step father

Beg her to borrow you your first rent that you will pay her back

shatap stop talking nonsense

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Roseey0(f): 3:32pm On Nov 18, 2022
You are completely useless to her at home that's why she wants you to face life and see how it feels ,to go out there and work so hard to feed a family that can't be usefull to her.

Make your presence count and she will never bring it up again
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Advancedman(m): 3:33pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:
This issue has been eating me up for so long and i don't know what to do. My mother began pressurizing me to rent my own house and leave her alone.

It was unprecedented and i don't expect that from her. I'm barely 20 and I teach in a private school. I also do home lessons so my monthly income ranges from 25k to 30k or thereabout.

This money will not be enough for me to rent a house, buy my food and take care of myself. I have tried to explain but she refused to understand with me. She told her friends to advice me to leave; that I'm matured enough to live alone.

I'm pressed and I need your advice.

Praise God for your mum she want you a king unlike those that will bury you physically and spiritually.
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by nedekid: 3:34pm On Nov 18, 2022
If only you stayed abroad. At that age it is not strange to move out as you would have learned a trade be schooling and working, at worst get a student loan to support your studies.
Nigeria has failed lots of youths.
I think your mum should be more understanding.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by noskcid(m): 3:35pm On Nov 18, 2022
I sensed your mom lost your father to the cold hands of death and at the moment because you are still a small boy you won’t understand that your mom needs someone.

She wants to have some time out with her man friend I guess

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Streetmovement(m): 3:36pm On Nov 18, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Lol, me wey don jazz out even before I was your age but your mum is the opposite of my mum grin
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Kobicove(m): 3:36pm On Nov 18, 2022
Incredible128:
The people here are wicked, which kind of mother do u have? That's very unthoughtful of her considering how harsh the economy is and who the hell pushes a 20year old out of the house?

His mates in advanced countries leave home at 18!

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by int0x80(m): 3:38pm On Nov 18, 2022
20yrs is too soon to push someone out considering the situation of things in Nigeria. If she's a single mom, then you are probably cock-blocking her.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Isabi4lov: 3:38pm On Nov 18, 2022
This your story no clear
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Ara21(f): 3:39pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:
You kudos my mother without putting yourself in my shoes.

Which shoes
Maybe you are very rud to her.
I rented my first house at age 19, I was alone, working and training myself in school. I wonder why children these days want their parents to die for them.
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by olaeffect(m): 3:39pm On Nov 18, 2022
Jovialjune1:
What kind of mother is that pushing you out of her house at age 20? Even mature adults are finding things hard in this present naija, not to talk of kids your age, except you are stubborn or not contributing for upkeep, I suggest you go to a relative close by for your peace of mind.

Modified:
I keep saying it that most nl peeps didn't come from a healthy family background, they always see their upbringing as the basis and right, see how most of them are supporting the mother, this is not the western world for goodness sake, their standard of living and way of life is not same as ours, Op's mother is suppose to look for how to secure admission to a University for him at that age 20, that is what concerned and caring parents would do

Op where is your dad?

On point.
Me I started working after graduations/NYSC @24yrs, and even got married in my father's compound @29yrs grin grin, dad was late, compound had 4 flats.

Few years after my wedding I was transferred to a faraway state so I had to leave the family house/compound.

Now I live in my own personally built house/compound grin

Op should tell us the whole story. No body should use a dysfunctional family setting as a standard/norm.
It is not normal for a Mom to chase out her 20yr old male child.
Note: I am not condemning her ooo, because Op has not told us the whole story.

3 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Karleb(m): 3:39pm On Nov 18, 2022
Adonkia:
i started living alone in 1991 at 20 so if your mum wants you to leave you just have to. you are working so that is a plus for you, just go and rent one room and start from there. That's being a man.

unfortunately, time has changed.

Both kid and mum might live to regret this action.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by NigeriaIsGreat: 3:40pm On Nov 18, 2022
Berankis:

I feel like your "strong 2:1" and your "first class jobless friends" are part of the reasons you haven't gone ahead with your life. The day you decipher life and ready to battle, is the day you to start to overcome.
please how do you mean? I have done everything within my reach to secure job but all to no avail. I have businesses I'm willing to kickstart but capital is out of reach, I don't have anybody at the top who could help me as it is often done in our climes, I volunteered for a particular organisation but stopped since i couldn't afford transportation fare and i wasn't paid, I've done poultry (chicken and farming) but i couldn't continue due to finances, I got a transcribing job to work remotely but i couldn't continue with the job because i don't have a laptop, I hardly eat two square meal daily, I still live with my poor parents in my mids 20s and the landlord is already threatening us as usual for rent

Please tell me what have i not done to help myself and family? Please tell me what I've done wrong or what i need to do to salvage my condition?

I'd appreciate your sincere advice

Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by FavouredNK: 3:40pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:
No matter what my mother do to me I'll never use her for rituals..I'll rather die.

Why are you wasting your time responding to comments that doesn't deserve your energy? Pray about it and make a move, the best way to start is to start and I bet you that's what your mum is teaching you. You may think she's being mean to you now but you will later realize what she did for you and thank her. If you sit down and plan very well, you will definitely put that your small salary to good use and have the opportunity of starting your life independently early. It's all about putting your head down and being focused to make it in life.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Cde1: 3:41pm On Nov 18, 2022
Really are you a pest at home or predators
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by DropsMic(m): 3:41pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:
This issue has been eating me up for so long and i don't know what to do. My mother began pressurizing me to rent my own house and leave her alone.

It was unprecedented and i don't expect that from her. I'm barely 20 and I teach in a private school. I also do home lessons so my monthly income ranges from 25k to 30k or thereabout.

This money will not be enough for me to rent a house, buy my food and take care of myself. I have tried to explain but she refused to understand with me. She told her friends to advice me to leave; that I'm matured enough to live alone.

It’s obvious your dad is no longer in the picture. Personally i think your mom just need the house to herself so she can do whatever it is she wants and also invite whomever she wants to invite into her home. Life is short.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by VULCAN(m): 3:42pm On Nov 18, 2022
Correction: It's not the people here, it's Nigerians in general.

Incredible128 post=118486940:
The people here are wicked
, which kind of mother do u have? That's very unthoughtful of her considering how harsh the economy is and who the hell pushes a 20year old out of the house?
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Sirchiboy: 3:42pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:

Your mother is the best woman in the world
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by luscious5454: 3:43pm On Nov 18, 2022
VictorDivine:
use her for rituals.
Then use the proceeds buy house for banana island :- undecided kiss
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by fixitbyjal(m): 3:47pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:

Where is your dad

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by olaeffect(m): 3:50pm On Nov 18, 2022
Richy4:

I do not mean to quote you..I just have to clarify something...The age an individual is considered a young adult is 18yrs in Nigeria...which means he/ she is no longer considered as minor..

And these are the thing that an 18yrs can do;
<<Get a credit card
<<Sue someone
<<Get a job
<<Buy stock
<<Buy or rent a house without his/her parent consent
<<Buy a car
<<Get married
<<Be tried as an adult for a crime..

The fact that many families were not asking their children to leave the house @ that age in the country due to some circumstances best known to them does not mean that it's a total taboo for those families that decides to do it..

Dj Cuppy is above 30yrs and she is yet to be chased out, infact she got a house as a birthday gift.
We should not allow poverty and poverty mentality to make us start misquoting norms.
It is wrong to chase out a young man of 20yrs old in this times, considering all things being equal.

But we need to hear from the Mom too. She may have her valid reasons.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by fixitbyjal(m): 3:50pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:

If you want advise answer our question tOo shey you no get papa again
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by mediclife1987(m): 3:50pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:
Fear of uncertainty is just part of it, but my problem is that in Jalingo where I live, houses are expensive. I just need time.

Jalingo?

You mama just wan force you out cos you dey disturb the díck wey she dey collect on low-key before from one man.
Now she wants to be collecting it with peace of mind and you're standing in her way...
Leave her alone make she dey collect her tin wotoporiously.
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Tinsim: 3:54pm On Nov 18, 2022
Thank your mother for preparing you for the future.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Everbryte: 3:56pm On Nov 18, 2022
Your Salary cannot sustain you, if you have to move out.

If you have a trusted friend who is also willing to start live, you can come together to rent a place, but you have to be very careful about this,

If your Mum is bent on you leaving her place at 20yrs only, there is nothing you will do to please her, she loves you but perhaps not enough to protect you any more, she want you to go.

Discuss with a close aunt or cousin who can accommodate you for an agreed specified time, so you can plan, save money & rent you own place.
You also need to consider if your mum is single & has a relationship and especially if the person involved is married, the pressure is external.

God favour you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? / Man Rejoices After Finalising His Divorce. Photos / What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.