Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House (29709 Views)

Should I Pack My parents Out Or Go To Rent My Own House? / Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This / My Mother Wants To Remarry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by achimendy(m): 4:34pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:
This issue has been eating me up for so long and i don't know what to do. My mother began pressurizing me to rent my own house and leave her alone.

It was unprecedented and i don't expect that from her. I'm barely 20 and I teach in a private school. I also do home lessons so my monthly income ranges from 25k to 30k or thereabout.

This money will not be enough for me to rent a house, buy my food and take care of myself. I have tried to explain but she refused to understand with me. She told her friends to advice me to leave; that I'm matured enough to live alone.

I'm pressed and I need your advice.

Pack out of her house and leave her alone.
It's not easy, but make preparation and leave. I hate somebody complaining about one thing to my ear.

Just leave so you can have focus.
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by November24(f): 4:39pm On Nov 18, 2022
Incredible128:
The people here are wicked, which kind of mother do u have? That's very unthoughtful of her considering how harsh the economy is and who the hell pushes a 20year old out of the house?

Lived with mine til 27...
It doesn't mean I'm not responsible.

Thank God today, I'm bringing her to stay with me till she joins God

4 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by FireUpNow(m): 4:41pm On Nov 18, 2022
Where is your dad guy?
For me I will say move out and get a room apartment and get a trusted friend your mate not a girl oo but a fellow starter like you that the two of you can start together. You can survive.
Take note please: flea from that species called girls or women
I guess your mother must have divorced from your dad and she has another she is dating.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by achimendy(m): 4:41pm On Nov 18, 2022
Romanoff:
If you are treating your mother well doing chores around the house, supporting her in paying bills, she wouldn't be so eager for you to leave at 20 so start telling the truth.

How can you be so fast to conclude, are you part of his family??

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Rubbiish(m): 4:42pm On Nov 18, 2022
Romanoff:

Not every child will get a degree. Just know this. As long as you're earning money and living under your parent's roof, you should be able to contribute to the bills.

It's just the responsible thing to do.
Of course I know not everyone will have a degree, but it is a measure of how tough things are out there. At his age, the child is not under any obligation to contribute! He is still young & should be in college. If it happens he is working, the money should be for his personal use. These are the disadvantages of being raised under failed parents! His mates are all going back to school after the ASUU strike, but he is being pushed out of his own parents house, that is unfair!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by ojodombe(m): 4:42pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:
This issue has been eating me up for so long and i don't know what to do. My mother began pressurizing me to rent my own house and leave her alone.

It was unprecedented and i don't expect that from her. I'm barely 20 and I teach in a private school. I also do home lessons so my monthly income ranges from 25k to 30k or thereabout.

This money will not be enough for me to rent a house, buy my food and take care of myself. I have tried to explain but she refused to understand with me. She told her friends to advice me to leave; that I'm matured enough to live alone.

Bro, most times men need to be pushed before they can move.
Why not try living alone and see how it goes. Live within your reach. You must not rent flat nor self-con.
A room apartment is a good start. With that you will see motivation to move on.

The Lord is your strength.
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by SmartyPants(m): 4:42pm On Nov 18, 2022
alimiadedayo1:

can you survive the pressure with 20k in a month

Yes i can. I wouldn't pray for it...but i have trained myself to be able to adjust to my economic reality at any moment.

First off, he should find someone to share a room with.

Then he should immediately think of how to add a second income stream.
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by membranus: 4:43pm On Nov 18, 2022
GistFullGround:
Be responsible!
You ought to have moved out at 18 years old.

And when did you moved out from your parents' house? 16yrs?

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Ayomivic(m): 4:45pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:
No matter what my mother do to me I'll never use her for rituals..I'll rather die.

My friend , your response to that senseless comment make me happy.

Don't see what your mum said as bad thing. Thay is actually where journey to be a man actually started.

It was a friend that advice me to move out of my parents house . When they said that I felt embarrassed because what I was thinking that prevents me of doing so is what you are thinking. Finance .

Then I was thinking that the money i was realizing were not enough to live alone but I took the bold step and I was not lack.

Take a bold step . It makes you to think like a man

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by mecuries(m): 4:48pm On Nov 18, 2022
VictorDivine:
use her for rituals.
your stupidity limit is out of range

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Romanoff(f): 4:48pm On Nov 18, 2022
Rubbiish:

Of course I know not everyone will have a degree, but it is a measure of how tough things are out there. At his age, the child is not under any obligation to contribute! He is still young & should be in college. If it happens he is working, the money should be for his personal use. These are the disadvantages of being raised under failed parents! His mates are all going back to school after the ASUU strike, but he is being pushed out of his own parents house, that is unfair!

I do not believe his mum just woke up and decided to push him out. I believe there's more to the story.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Romanoff(f): 4:49pm On Nov 18, 2022
achimendy:

How can you be so fast to conclude, are you part of his family??

"If".
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:56pm On Nov 18, 2022
Rubbiish:

That is how they force kids into crime
There is higher chances of that boy going into crime to survive once he moves out. Most parents don't give kids the necessary foundation they need to stand before moving out. What they are unable to do as adults, they expect a kid to do it

Irresponsible behaviour. The way people are supporting his mother on this thread makes me cringe. I am scared for the next generation of kids and parents. Irresponsible lots.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by BigYash: 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2022
VictorDivine:
use her for rituals.
I have seen your comments several times. I go check the Monica thinking its that Wicked somebody.. E blike say una relate.. All these advice wen you dey give people " There is God o" cool

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by armyofone(m): 4:58pm On Nov 18, 2022
If you are done with university, I don't see any reason for you to continue living in the same home you were born and raised. It is not good - And most Nigerians refused to get it into their heads that there is a time limit to everything in life.

When you leave home, go forge your life and make choices, you grow, gain experiences, exposures and learn better.

Parents should let go after university. And children should learn to leave the nest in their adult years Come visit that same environment but not live there.
Continuing to stay home and your comfort zone might work against your pursuit of progress in life.

You are working- so leave!! Go create your own path in life.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:01pm On Nov 18, 2022
SmartyPants:

That's why i suggested he talk with her and make a plan. He can save up and leave and she may be more patient when she sees that he has plans. Abi is it until she changes the locks on him?

Many people have it far worse and they survive so this guy must take his life by the scruff of the neck and grow.

Now, would i do this to my kid? Never.

I'm sorry but this boy is just a boy who under right circumstances should still be under supervision and in school like his mates. What's with forcing kids to become adults?

I truly hope you won't do that to your child as you claim.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by TheSameGuy(m): 5:04pm On Nov 18, 2022
At age 20 your mum wants you out of her house angry

Some are even saying maybe he's not contributing financially, financial what? At 20?

This is surprising to me.
So I was a lucky dude then as I fought to even leave close to 30 because the pampering couldn't make me think of settling down despite earning a living already grin

Different strokes for different folks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by BigCowHornn: 5:04pm On Nov 18, 2022
VictorDivine:
BigCowHornn cool cool cool HolyMan12 Jeon talks about attention..whenever any of my posts hits front page it made me wonder who gets more attention on nairaland.

Or whether the mods are born to lubricate your ass

Eh HolyMan12 Shebi you dey doubt

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Cravemore: 5:05pm On Nov 18, 2022
what are saying, the content of age in u.s is from 18 above, you are ready in street or should he bring is babe to is mom home to have sex. @op just hustle because you need freedom. though your mom has reasons.
Incredible128:
The people here are wicked, which kind of mother do u have? That's very unthoughtful of her considering how harsh the economy is and who the hell pushes a 20year old out of the house?
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by 007L: 5:06pm On Nov 18, 2022
Drop your mom’s number lemme speak with her.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by LyfeJennings(m): 5:08pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:

U SHOULD MOVE OUT MAN
BIGGEST REGRET WAS STAYING IN MY DAD'S HOUSE TILL I WAS 34
U WILL BE WISER
MOVE OUT MAN

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Housing(m): 5:21pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:

She may want to remarry or wants some privacy. I konw it may be difficult for you, but that is all she wants. Please respect her decision, it will only make you stronger and think out of the box. In the long run it will be at your advantage. It's a big task be committed and remain focus. Good luck

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by etrouble: 5:23pm On Nov 18, 2022
duduade:
You are not ready to be a man ni

Kudos to your mum for saying you should move out o

This toddler that posted this nonsense is still being house and fed by his parents
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Bigzigg(m): 5:34pm On Nov 18, 2022
Jovialjune1:
What kind of mother is that pushing you out of her house at age 20? Even mature adults are finding things hard in this present naija, not to talk of kids your age, except you are stubborn or not contributing for upkeep, I suggest you go to a relative close by for your peace of mind.

Modified:
I keep saying it that most nl peeps didn't come from a healthy family background, they always see their upbringing as the basis and right, see how most of them are supporting the mother, this is not the western world for goodness sake, their standard of living and way of life is not same as ours, Op's mother is suppose to look for how to secure admission to a University for him at that age 20, that is what concerned and caring parents would do

Op where is your dad?

Excellent comment!

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 18, 2022
I speak into ur destiny , u shall be used for rituals to make money. It’s either ur child use u, or a random person. I see ur skull being mined for money. I see ur bones drying up in the sunshine. I see ur flesh getting torn by leopards. I see ur blood drying up like the sahara desert. I can see ur veins opening up in terror. Blood money calls ur soul and you shall answer dis year. U are the one to be used for rituals not his mother. Ur evil thoughts will consume u like a furnace . Start weeping for ur days are numbered on earth. Start gnashing ur teeth in pain knowing u shall reap all u sow. Let wickedness follow u wherever u go
VictorDivine:
use her for rituals.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Sixfeetbelle: 5:39pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:

Can you "rent" your room in that house? You don't necessarily have to move out if money is what she's after.

Try to reach an agreement with her where you'll be paying rent for your own room and see if it will help you for the mean time until you get your own place.

My opinion: 20 is too young to force you to move out, but life happens, I guess.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Truvelisback(m): 5:41pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:

Don't see it as a punishment or hatred. Ur mum wants u to man up. Start saving to get urself an apartment, atleast one room for a start. Start by saving atleast 10k every month. Furthermore, double ur hustle to achieve it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by rickleye: 5:48pm On Nov 18, 2022
Rubbiish:

Where were u at 20?
At 20 this boy should be in school studying, not being pressured to assume the position of a breadwinner. He is still young!
These things u listed are no fault of the boy & the blame should not be shifted to the poor boy. He is not responsible for his mom having him early, him keeping his earnings at this age is very excusable. Pushing that boy out at this stage is very unfair. He deserve to be happy like every other kid his age in school out there.

At 14 kids where I am start babysitting to earn little change.
At 16 they start working at fast food restaurant.
At 18 the boy can join the army and legally kill someone
At 18 he can vote
At 21 he can drink alcohol
The govt considers a person at 18 no longer a child and parents will start telling their kids to leave their nest . It’s when they are off to college .
What I am trying to say is that he is making money , he should start showing maturity.
He has not given the whole reason why the mother would ask him to leave the house.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by chimaxx: 5:58pm On Nov 18, 2022
I quess your mother wants to bring home a male friend and your presence is withholding her, just tell her to loan you some money to rent the house.
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Tzar(m): 6:06pm On Nov 18, 2022
Your mum is the best ever!!
You are getting that from her because you are likely very selfish!
You probably do nothing in the house financially to support her. So you are as useless and obstructing as a roadside rock!
Buy things for the house, load her phone with some credit , do significant house chores and shower her with kind words to show you appreciate her efforts at accommodating your entitled ADULT ass and watch her change her mind!

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by AgentGoat: 6:17pm On Nov 18, 2022
ENDTIMEISNEAR:
the best comments here. maybe the op is not helping in paying bills at home or there's something bad the op is doing. Op come tell us the truth

You right.

It's harsh out there. This is a child for God sake. Most people commenting unreasonably here still have parental support despite their ages. What dfuvk mehn?

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by AgentGoat: 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2022
Berankis:
I was earning 35k when I left home too to far away Jos from Lagos. But I was 26yrs old and a graduate.
Which year was this?

Don't compare 2010 with 2022.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? / Things A Man Should Do For His Wife All The Time (Part 1) / Siblings Prank Their 10-Year-Old Sister For Stealing Their Mum's Wine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.