Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House (29710 Views)

Should I Pack My parents Out Or Go To Rent My Own House? / Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This / My Mother Wants To Remarry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by BATified2023: 2:39pm On Nov 18, 2022
A
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by BATified2023: 2:40pm On Nov 18, 2022
duduade:
You are not ready to be a man ni

Kudos to your mum for saying you should move out o
so u think 30k a month will b ok for him?

Suffer pro max loading

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by MITCHELL96: 2:40pm On Nov 18, 2022
Pressure Nigerian mother's be putting on their kids to make money is something else.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by merieam16(f): 2:41pm On Nov 18, 2022
VictorDivine:
If she's my mom, I'll use her for rituals.
Mind what u say on the internet,the internet never forget.U think people don't know you, continue wallowing in ignorance

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by GistFullGround: 2:41pm On Nov 18, 2022
Be responsible!
You ought to have moved out at 18 years old.

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by SmartyPants(m): 2:41pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:
This issue has been eating me up for so long and i don't know what to do. My mother began pressurizing me to rent my own house and leave her alone.

It was unprecedented and i don't expect that from her. I'm barely 20 and I teach in a private school. I also do home lessons so my monthly income ranges from 25k to 30k or thereabout.

This money will not be enough for me to rent a house, buy my food and take care of myself. I have tried to explain but she refused to understand with me. She told her friends to advice me to leave; that I'm matured enough to live alone.

I'm pressed and I need your advice.

Man up bro. You are 20 and your mom owes you nothing more.

At best have a chat with her and ask her to give you a specific amount of time to raise the needed money.

Then don't eat in the house. Leave first thing in the morning and dont come back till late.

Double your hustle my man.

4 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by AutoRedux: 2:41pm On Nov 18, 2022
Romanoff:
If you are treating your mother well doing chores around the house, supporting her in paying bills, she wouldn't be do eager for you to leave at 20 so start telling the truth.

Lol. Facts.
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by jimyjames(m): 2:41pm On Nov 18, 2022
VictorDivine:
If she's my mom, I'll use her for rituals.
Ritual is fake kid

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by SMARTMOTORS(m): 2:41pm On Nov 18, 2022
You're mom is one of the best in the world....much Respect for her! I wish mine did same to me at 20.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Mctalkaktive571: 2:41pm On Nov 18, 2022
My mama still Dey call me to come back house since I left ��bro just move out she go call you back maybe you no Dey contribute for house

3 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Moh247: 2:42pm On Nov 18, 2022
cool

As long as you are 18 she has every right to kick you out

For this Economy, your mum is probably stressed out or she needs her privacy for mekwe with your new step father

Beg her to borrow you your first rent that you will pay her back

4 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by baralatie(m): 2:42pm On Nov 18, 2022
The Lord is your strength
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 18, 2022
Dear Nairalanders, if you are above twenty and still leaving with your folks, ensure u have something doing that brings Money in so you can help with bills.... If not they'll get tired of you if they aren't rich enough!

To Op, just double your hustle. It's a cruel and merciless world out there. I wish you the best!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Angel55555(m): 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2022
Richy4:

I do not mean to quote you..I just have to clarify something...The age an individual is considered a young adult is 18yrs in Nigeria...which means he/ she is no longer considered as minor..

And these are the thing that an 18yrs can do;
<<Get a credit card
<<Sue someone
<<Get a job
<<Buy stock
<<Buy or rent a house without his/her parent consent
<<Buy a car
<<Get married
<<Be tried as an adult for a crime..

The fact that many families were not asking their children to leave the house @ that age in the country due to some circumstances best known to them does not mean that it's a total taboo for those families that decides to do it..

I'm guessing you don't live in Nigeria or you're not realistic.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by baralatie(m): 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2022
Hobbiton:
Dear Nairalanders, if you are above twenty and still leaving with your folks, ensure u have something doing that brings Money in so you can help with bills.... If not they'll get tired of you if they aren't rich enough!

To Op, just double your hustle. It's a cruel and merciless world out there. I wish you the best!
Point
cool
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Evidenx(m): 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:
This issue has been eating me up for so long and i don't know what to do. My mother began pressurizing me to rent my own house and leave her alone.

It was unprecedented and i don't expect that from her. I'm barely 20 and I teach in a private school. I also do home lessons so my monthly income ranges from 25k to 30k or thereabout.

This money will not be enough for me to rent a house, buy my food and take care of myself. I have tried to explain but she refused to understand with me. She told her friends to advice me to leave; that I'm matured enough to live alone.

leave...you will survive. If you don't leave now you will be trapped by the time you are read y to leave it will become very hard.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Nobleou(m): 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2022
Bro ur mum wants to be bringing men in.

Truth is always bitter

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by BarrElChapo(m): 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:

Won’t you go to the university?
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Honchoslim16(m): 2:46pm On Nov 18, 2022
It's cool to be alone!

Just work towards it in the coming year.

Don't listen to those telling you shit like it's high time you leave.

Give yourself some target and take your time to hit it!
Don't rush cos of pressure.....if you do, you might get stuck and people telling you to leave asap won't be there for you

5 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by kunle75(m): 2:46pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:

Fear of the unknown........

1 Like

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by baralatie(m): 2:46pm On Nov 18, 2022
Evidenx:
leave...you will survive. If you don't leave now you will be trapped by the time you are read y to leave it will become very hard.
I bet you I'd the op has a job that pays good
The mom will be the first to be crying that he is living too far
She will move in to his house

6 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by VictorDivine: 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2022
BigCowHornn cool cool cool HolyMan12 Jeon talks about attention..whenever any of my posts hits front page it made me wonder who gets more attention on nairaland.
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Eriokanmi: 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:

You're not at fault, neither is your mum. Nigerian leaders will face God's judgement in the last day and I doubt they'd be set free. In their time, many if not all of them married in their early 20s. Obviously before they attained that age, they must have been living independently cos everything was pretty fine. Before graduation, you already had a job waiting. Teachers were driving new cars, living comfortable life, etc. What do we have today? Leaders owning private jets which they reaped people off to buy. Placing their children in strategic positions while the masses keep suffering. They stash money in their homes and turn their mansions into banks. I hope this generation would be wise someday

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Illegal1(m): 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2022
Gud 4 u bro.,
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Evidenx(m): 2:48pm On Nov 18, 2022
baralatie:

I bet you I'd the op has a job that pays good
The mom will be the first to be crying that he is living to far
She will move in to his house
lol
Leaving very early helps alot,you will learn surviving skills and how to hustle and be a man for yourself.

3 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Gentlevip: 2:48pm On Nov 18, 2022
Where is your father?

Where are you aunts and uncles?

Abi una family na only mama and pickin
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by NigeriaIsGreat: 2:49pm On Nov 18, 2022
Angel55555:

I'm guessing you don't live in Nigeria or you're not realistic.
don't mind him

Even if he's super rich like Dangote, his common sense should tell him that this country is pretty hard. Over 133millions Nigerians are basically poor

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by GolDRoger: 2:49pm On Nov 18, 2022
Greattestman:
There's nothing i dont do. I give her 50% of my salary every month.

Where's your father?

Before I talk wetin they my mind.
Your guess is as good as mine

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by Angel55555(m): 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2022
Jovialjune1:
What type of mother is that pushing you out of her house at age 20? Even mature adults are finding things hard in this present naija, not to talk of kids your age, except you are stubborn or not contributing for upkeep, I suggest you go to a relative close by for your peace of mind.

Modified:
I keep saying it that most nl peeps didn't come from a healthy family background, they always see their upbringing as the basis and right, see how most of them are supporting the mother, this is not the western world for goodness sake, their standard of living and way of life is not same as ours, Op's mother is suppose to look for how to secure admission to a University for him at that age 20, that is what concerned and caring parents would do

Op where is your dad?
Exactly, if he decides to do Yahoo the same people telling him to move out and grow up, are the ones who would crucify him once he's arrested. Nigeria is the word poverty capital for a good reason, most youths down here in the south are into Yahoo, it's a known fact and there is a good reason for it. Parents don't even criticise their children because they help out with the bills.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by osuolale95(m): 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2022
The fact is we're in different shoes, my brothers want my dad to chase me out of one of his house cause i want to sell my uncompleted house so as to start a business... Though i've been living depedently for about 3 years now. Be man sir
Re: My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House by omowolewa: 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2022
Your maturity is not obvious so, start learning

Whoever can pay rent can parent.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? / Things A Man Should Do For His Wife All The Time (Part 1) / Siblings Prank Their 10-Year-Old Sister For Stealing Their Mum's Wine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.