Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady (35049 Views)

Men Don't Want Me Because I Have 3 Kids - Single Mum Cries Out (pix, Vid) / My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me / My Parents Don't Know I'm Rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Reminderz: 3:08am On Nov 21, 2022
Nonexisting1:
I don't blame them. After working very hard to get to a certain level in life, stupid children like to always drag their parents back to the mud because of nonsense love. The moment my children begin loving certain people in life, I will downgrade their lives to meet that standards. You can't be driving Lexus to go and visit your boyfriend that rides okada. It's better you ride okada to his house instead. Some children are from hell. Some people are of the opinion that you leave the children to be who they want to be but I'm of the opinion that they can be who they want to be in their own domain, not under my roof and definitely not bearing my surname.
your mentality is flawed.. very flawed

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by goslowgoslow(m): 3:25am On Nov 21, 2022
Nonexisting1:
I don't blame them. After working very hard to get to a certain level in life, stupid children like to always drag their parents back to the mud because of nonsense love. The moment my children begin loving certain people in life, I will downgrade their lives to meet that standards. You can't be driving Lexus to go and visit your boyfriend that rides okada. It's better you ride okada to his house instead. Some children are from hell. Some people are of the opinion that you leave the children to be who they want to be but I'm of the opinion that they can be who they want to be in their own domain, not under my roof and definitely not bearing my surname.
Somebody like you will easily fall prey to ritualists.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by odovonnestor: 4:03am On Nov 21, 2022
My dear just take it easy!.

One thing you should have in mind is that your parents love you, wants you to be happy and have a good life.
So don't be mad at the them please.

The challenge here is that your parents want you to be happy and they are going about it in a different ways from yours.

I will advise you to not pick issues with either your parents or your man. Let your man understand that your parent wants your happiness but they are going about it in a different ways than you want.
You and your man should maintain a low key meetings while you allow your parents time to come to accept your man.

Your man should keep caring for his child and through that way will convince your parents that he is a good man for you.

Time solves some of our challenges and don't trade your parent for any man neither do you trade your man for your parents.

Don't pressure your parents, and show them that you are making a right decision. Step up your game, care for them and make them happy in that way they will trust your decisions.

And to the rest of the young people, try and bring your man close to your home so that he can get familiar with your parents.
There are different interests in marriage; from the parents, brothers, relations, and from the young man/woman.

While the parents look for a Son/Daughter in in your partner, the young men and women do look for sexual partner in addition to a companion.
NB: your parents doesn't consider your sex life in this case, since they will not be having sex with your partner. So try and strike a balance or rather carry your parents along with your thought processes so that you all will be on the same page.

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by almarthins(m): 4:18am On Nov 21, 2022
Iliveforever:
What do you want us to tell you??

Oya run away from your family.

You must be very stupid, after they suffered for you, you now paid them back with an unwanted pregnancy and still have the guts to talk about marrying a mechanic?

You deserve hardship and poverty

Please tell her to marry dangote or bill gate!

Our society have been badly programmed to think like Cinderella, as a result of her parents past expenditures; she must marry prince charming money bag. So as to get back return on their investment.

If u be man why not marry a woman wey go pay Ur parent return on investment.
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by almarthins(m): 4:20am On Nov 21, 2022
Reminderz:

your mentality is flawed.. very flawed

I tell you! I am just ashame of this kind of people. They are often partial and highly stupid.
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Nursepepeye(f): 5:10am On Nov 21, 2022
lilvicky68:
Since you already have a child for him.. your parents should be happy he's still interested in marrying you..

Maybe they can upgrade him from a mechanic to mechanical engineer
best advice so far so I seconded
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by MeetDx(m): 5:13am On Nov 21, 2022
eddie7:
Before commenting on this poster, I need to know what kind of mechanic that we're talking about here ..... Aeroplane Mechanic or Motorcycle Mechanic?

Excellent! Too many kids on this thread. I don't know what's shameful in being a mechanic. A skilled job, some people downgrade things they don't understand that's why their kids end up with ritualists and whatnot. Smdh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Mac2016(m): 5:59am On Nov 21, 2022
The parents may not be wrong afterwards. The level of English she typed makes it look like she must have been heavily invested in education wise. If he's a graduate and a mechanic, we may say she should marry. I really doubt if the parents issue with her is marrying a rich man but see how the lady twisted it all. May God not give us a child with distorted view that can shag anyone regardless of class. Chai.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Mamaab: 6:02am On Nov 21, 2022
Beebah321:
Na your parents go marry you??
You better follow your heart.
One of the mostly deadly counciling line that has led many to regrets..

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by MasterKernel: 6:09am On Nov 21, 2022
Nonexisting1:

You lack maturity of an adult. You prefer riches over your kids happiness, I presume.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by GOSPELTRUTH31: 6:14am On Nov 21, 2022
This mentality has killed the pride of the nation.

Every handwork is now being addressed with the word common mechanic
Common hair dresser
Common plumber

Wish this guy's can update the price they charge here in 3rd word nations, your parents will be the one on the receiving end

These guys don't know their onions
When you meet mechanics that know their onions
You will understand the importance of every profession
With this mentality, Africa will continue to be a shithouse were we celebrate Delusion and empty brains walking the street with a decorated A4 papers.

For the op .
Your parents need reoreintation on what marriage stands for.

Marriage is not a means to acquire wealth
And if marriage is a means?
What are you bringing on the table to achieve that aim?

Marriage was introduced by God for many healthy reasons

And one of the healthy reasons is to avoid sexual immorality for our own good

Have a blessed day readers.

For the Gospel of Jesus
Check my post on Facebook
And may they bring you light into Christ.

@Attamah Chijioke David

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by NamelessOGBENI(m): 6:21am On Nov 21, 2022
franchasng:
I feel your pain and kind of agree with your points.

Some girls, especially between the age range of 17 to 24yrs like to reinvent love by doing nonsense love based on things they watch on movie thinking makebelieve is the same with real life.

Parents should always watch their female kids closely from age 16 to 24yrs, that is when they believe nonsense Romeo and Juliet story which they always try to replay and most times end up ruining their life completely angry
In a nutshell, marry from your social class, never aim higher.

And the instructions is for the males and females.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Basiljoe: 6:41am On Nov 21, 2022
“I hope this brief intensive has given you some food for thought as you enter a feminized world legally and socially dedicated to the benefit of optimizing hypergamy.” - Rational Male
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by virginchaser(m): 6:48am On Nov 21, 2022
BABANGBALI:
Is mechanic not a human bean?

No, na human rice.
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Shaev7(m): 7:05am On Nov 21, 2022
Nonexisting1:
I read your line over and over, thought I would see something meaningful, but none!
Say what you feel, I respect your opinion.
Your point drifted at a certain part in your comment.
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Shaev7(m): 7:10am On Nov 21, 2022
Originalsly:

So no problem with you if your daughter .... driving a Lexus ... is going with a guy who drives a Benz. It is all about matching status..... character is not as important. And we blame the young girls for going with Yahoo boys .
That guy tried to prove a point but missed it. He did not even see the outcome of his statement. He forgets that, many girls are living in bondage in wealthy marriages. This I don't need to be told, I see and know them.
A lady once told me, her husband is very rich, but she does her things. All she knows is she bares children for the guy. Now, what happens if that guy finds out? He will certain be traumatised and may get paralysis some day. Imagine that guy this was his son, he will be looking for satus quo...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Engr1(m): 7:17am On Nov 21, 2022
Smile....
Which one is mechanical engineering again?
Is mechanic not an engineer

lilvicky68:
Since you already have a child for him.. your parents should be happy he's still interested in marrying you..

Maybe they can upgrade him from a to mechanical engineer

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Menclothing: 7:23am On Nov 21, 2022
Useless people full that front page marry yiur hrt
Your parent want you to marry a ritualist because of money Na them he go use 1st

Are the one to help you live your life in marriage marry the person you love

High rate of divorce among rich
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Danthemariner: 7:27am On Nov 21, 2022
Please note!!!!.. it is not a most that once you have a child for someone you must marry that person....

You keep on hearing follow your Heart, follow your heart naso your heart go carry you enter wahala..

Follow wat is right instead, speak with your parent thier reasons may be beyond just him been a mechanic
Pray also i mean pray very well

I wish you all watch Anikulapo..

You will understand that your heart and love can lead you to serious future disgrace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Allisgud: 7:27am On Nov 21, 2022
FreeIgboho:

Handwork is beautiful but you should also marry your female counterpart. Or who would marry them??
I see why marriage don't last again
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Akalia(m): 7:30am On Nov 21, 2022
Nonexisting1:
There is no tinge of wisdom in your write-up, no offence. There are certain life choices you don't get to make for your children.
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by MeetDx(m): 7:33am On Nov 21, 2022
GOSPELTRUTH31:
This mentality has killed the pride of the nation.

Every handwork is now being addressed with the word common mechanic
Common hair dresser
Common plumber

Wish this guy's can update the price they charge here in 3rd word nations, your parents will be the one on the receiving end

These guys don't know their onions
When you meet mechanics that know their onions
You will understand the importance of every profession
With this mentality, Africa will continue to be a shithouse were we celebrate Delusion and empty brains walking the street with a decorated A4 papers.

For the op .
Your parents need reoreintation on what marriage stands for.

Marriage is not a means to acquire wealth
And if marriage is a means?
What are you bringing on the table to achieve that aim?

Marriage was introduced by God for many healthy reasons

And one of the healthy reasons is to avoid sexual immorality for our own good

Have a blessed day readers.

For the Gospel of Jesus
Check my post on Facebook
And may they bring you light into Christ.

@Attamah Chijioke David

5 million likes for you there brother!!!
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by vickydevoka(m): 8:06am On Nov 21, 2022
Mac2016:
The parents may not be wrong afterwards. The level of English she typed makes it look like she must have been heavily invested in education wise. If he's a graduate and a mechanic, we may say she should marry. I really doubt if the parents issue with her is marrying a rich man but see how the lady twisted it all. May God not give us a child with distorted view that can shag anyone regardless of class. Chai.
But education na scam unless she will be traveling to UK to clean shit
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by matrixme(m): 8:07am On Nov 21, 2022
Naturally people do stupid things all in the name of love. She had to go spread her legs for a social climbing sponge and a gold digger all on the name of love. I'm sure she came from an average family where she got a university education. She now wants to settle down with an illiterate. I'm not saying mechanics are uncultured people, but obviously in this case, her parents want what's best for her. Not someone that will advise her to sell her parents house tomorrow to sort out an issue. And to think that some folks here are advising the parents to upgrade the mechanic to their taste. Like duhh!
The phrase "maa bo'oloshi rin" in Yoruba will jump at her someday.
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by vickydevoka(m): 8:08am On Nov 21, 2022
NamelessOGBENI:

In a nutshell, marry from your social class, never aim higher.

And the instructions is for the males and females.
All women aim higher because of their nature but most of them settle for less due to age factor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by sageb: 8:10am On Nov 21, 2022
jaybenugo:

https://m./2443977612304623/permalink/5653668904668795/

Why can't they let her choose her lover in peace.
why reject him?
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by phemmyfour: 8:11am On Nov 21, 2022
immortalcrown:
Chai!

If his character is good, his job should not be a problem as long as he doesn't depend on the girl's family for feeding and rent.

Who knows tomorrow?
He's not a rich mechanic. It has nothing to do with the profession

1 Like

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Unitedman11: 8:33am On Nov 21, 2022
Go ahead and marry him, afterall you did not seek for your parents consent when you got pregnant and have a baby for him.
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Greattha: 8:48am On Nov 21, 2022
So many questions.

How & where did they meet?

How did a mechanic manage to convince her to open up to the extent of having a baby?

I don't think their socio-economic levels are very different but her parents just want more for her.

Most times, these children think they know it all...with premium tears and regrets ahead.

What an elder sees sitting down, a child cannot see even climbing a tree.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by kizxaxa: 8:51am On Nov 21, 2022
As long as he is educated and not a tout there's nothing wrong the problems arise when girls actively seek area boys that get them pregnant. Then later want educated man to take care of them after that.( Thier head no correct).

what if she no fit find rich man marry? Is she from a rich family her self? Even rich man they find more money.
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Awesome01(m): 8:55am On Nov 21, 2022
assholemods:

So all mechanics lives from hand to mouth?

If you check my write-up, you will find out that I wrote people's mentality. I didn't say its my opinion or classification.
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Revolva(m): 9:08am On Nov 21, 2022
Your parents are evil

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man / How Can You Tell If A Man Has A Big Penïs? / Top 10 Public Alpha Figures In Nigeria, The Red Pill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.