Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man (35035 Views)

8 Qualities Of A Desperate Husband/boyfriend Snatcher / How I Refused Sex In Campus From A Desperate Young Girl / Ten Signs That A Man Needs To Be Cheated On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by eagleeye2: 2:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
In the dating world, a desperate man is one who is over-eager, anxious, presumptuous and willing to be with any woman to avoid being alone. Women can spot desperation in a man from miles away, and if you suffer from it, you’ll never stand a chance at getting any girl. A man who is desperate may have a strong want and desire to have a relationship; however, his behaviors can indicate low-self esteem and a host of other issues that turn women off and can actually be viewed as creepy and disturbing.
Here are 10 warning signs that can help you determine if you fit under the portrait of a desperate man:

1. Dropping your standards Desperate men are prepared to drop their dating standards to fill the huge emotional void in their life. Whether they want children or intimacy the desperate man will date who they have too to avoid being alone. They will be with any woman just for the sake of being attached while failing to realize that it’s better to be single and wait for the girl who is their type.

2. Constantly fishing for compliments The desperate man has low self-esteem, a poor self-image and needs to constantly hear how great he is and be assured of things. It doesn’t take long for women to get tired of constantly stroking your ego.

3. Overly Calling/Emailing/Texting Her If you want to run a woman off quickly, one of the best ways to do it is to overly call, email or send text messages early in a relationship, especially when she hasn’t returned any of your messages. The desperate man makes the fatal mistake of calling the woman he’s dating and asking “Did you just call me?” after receiving a call from an unrecognized number.

4. You’re always available Always being available makes women think that you don’t have a life of your own and actually lessens your own attractiveness, making you far less desirable. Being a challenge to women makes you more desirable.

5. You move too fast in relationships The desperate man will spend every single day with a new girl for weeks and never know basic information about her that normally should have been covered in the first few dates. Although finding love is based on each individual relationship and some people move quicker than others, the desperate man will move so quickly with things like intimacy and s*x that he will turn a woman off with his frantic desire for a relationship.

6. You’re constantly buying her gifts A desperate man constantly showers a woman with gifts without realizing that eventually she will become less thrilled and even annoyed receiving them. Even though the thought is nice, after a while the concept will begin to lose its meaning and she is going to get tired of always getting something.

7. Not giving her enough time and space Desperate men tend to be a bit on the invasive side when they always need to hang out at a woman’s home for hours on end, not respecting the fact that she has a life of her own life. Women don’t always want to hang out with you day in and day out and will quickly end relationships with guys not respecting their need for space.

8. You’re in constant agreement with everything she says Desperate men just sit there and agree with everything a woman says, thinking that’s what she wants. In reality, women want someone who is going to stimulate their minds and are not turned on by men they can completely control has no backbone.

9. You make her the center of your life too fast Desperate men tend to make the first woman that will go out with them the only person in their life and not take the time to continue dating and getting to know other women. Telling a woman “You’re the only woman in the world for me” before the three-week period will have her running for the hills.

10. Being overly nice all the time If a guy is too nice, too accommodating and tries to be the most giving person to a woman, she will begin to think he’s being insincere and will lose romantic interest quickly. She’ll also think that he’s only trying to achieve one thing: to get into her pants.

25 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by Prodigee: 2:07pm On Jan 14, 2013
Interesting!
Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by eagleeye2: 2:08pm On Jan 14, 2013
Nos, 4 and 9 are my fault. No4 because my job and business gives me time to pursue other interest. No 9 because am naturally a good person, and both ladies and guys take an undue advantage of this.
But I can't change my nature (talking about no 9), but recently I have been very cautious.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by doyinmolah: 3:38pm On Jan 14, 2013
I think i portray all the listed points, so i got to start checking myself from now onwards

4 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by Prodigee: 3:42pm On Jan 14, 2013
doyinmolah: I think i portray all the listed points, so i got to start checking myself from now onwards
Wow!...u sure do.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by eagleeye2: 3:45pm On Jan 14, 2013
doyinmolah: I think i portray all the listed points, so i got to start checking myself from now onwards

You have ask yourself, what actually makes you desperate?
Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by Prodigee: 4:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
eagle,eye:

You have ask yourself, what actually makes you desperate?
sad
Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by REMMEI(m): 4:05pm On Jan 14, 2013
I am never desperate..didn't know that though cos I've never been in any relationship before.
Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by ghettodreamz(m): 5:07pm On Jan 14, 2013
Present Sir grin
Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 14, 2013
CRAP...... THIS IS COMPLETE BULL-SHYT. TELL A NIGERIAN GIRL THAT YOUR FATHER IS A MAJOR SHAREHOLDER IN THE BANK BELOW, DESPERATION WILL DISSAPPEAR FROM HER DICTIONARY! grin grin grin grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by baby124: 5:09pm On Jan 14, 2013
Bogus. So just being who you are makes you desperate? A lot of these points except number 1, is about a man who has found a woman his heart truly wants. Keep pretending to be what you are not and miss the right woman, who cant stand a jerk or a pretender. You think it is not easy to see through the bullsh#it?

9 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by promisengr(m): 5:11pm On Jan 14, 2013
Majority if not all of the above listed indicates that the guy cares and nt desperation.Wat do u reali want from us men?Wen we show dat we care u term it as desperation wen we dont u term it that he is either a player or not mature enough

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by Bolt2011(m): 5:12pm On Jan 14, 2013
If you are not nice, they complain that you are not. Now that you are, they say you are desperate. BTW which mumu guy agrees with all a lady says?
Guys just be yourself joor & don't fake anything. There's a gurl for every guy.

8 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by dridowu: 5:12pm On Jan 14, 2013
Let me think 1st
Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by simdam500(m): 5:14pm On Jan 14, 2013
Ok
Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by mumumugu(m): 5:14pm On Jan 14, 2013
2 much list in nairaland. Una neva tire

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by JoannaSedley(f): 5:14pm On Jan 14, 2013
You have a point there op
Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by ghettodreamz(m): 5:14pm On Jan 14, 2013
Hmmmmm Nice 1 @OP..... Lol @ #3 & 10. gringringrin
Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 14, 2013
ON TOPIC BY THE WAY, IF A GIRL LIKE YOU, SHE DON LIKE YOU SHIKENAH! DESPERATE KO, UNWORRIED NI....MTCHEEEW cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by Decapo: 5:17pm On Jan 14, 2013
I hear o
Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by illuminutty: 5:18pm On Jan 14, 2013
shocking

4 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 14, 2013
tongue

Bullshit. angry

Is this list for Nigeria or what? Because I don't understand the part about buying gifts. So naija girls will get tired of you buying them gifts

You never hala.

3 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by kittykat1(f): 5:19pm On Jan 14, 2013
I need a desperate hot guy. Nonsense post

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 14, 2013
kitty kat: I need a desperate hot guy. Nonsense post

Inotherwords, you need a dream cheesy

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by zumarock8(m): 5:20pm On Jan 14, 2013
permit me to disagree to that NO.6
not a born nigerian girl will reject gift

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by Bambela(m): 5:21pm On Jan 14, 2013
I hav all of them but am not desperate
Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 14, 2013
I'm always desperate to hit their honeypots at the first date.
Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by femzy(m): 5:23pm On Jan 14, 2013
Most of these don't apply to a typical Naija lady IMHO. In other words; these are the exact things that make them percieve you as not desperate.
Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 14, 2013
I don't do any of those things yet I cant get the girls I want so while u shouldn't be desperate u should be aggressive if not u get nada
Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by amakawhite: 5:28pm On Jan 14, 2013
My bf has a lot of dese signs A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ we hav been dating 4 4years naw.I dnt Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴͡ d̶̲̥̅̊A̶̲̥̅t as desperation but d real him.he's very nice,kiarn.always calling all d tyme(even dou dats kinda annoyin),A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ luvs 2 be pampered A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ praised.I wudnt want anytin else 4rm any man.tellin smeone 2 act Ī$
A specific way which isn't his real self just 2 impress a girl isn't right.an indecent guy wil always remain an indecent guy,a gurl hu has sense A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ decency wil Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴͡ him 4 wat he Ī$
.Ɣ☺ΰ do not nid 2 change hu Ɣ☺ΰ are 2 impress a girl.if d girl dosnt like Ɣ☺ΰ 4 hu Ɣ☺ΰ are den she shud find hu she's compatible wit.I know wen a guy Ī$
Sincerly nice A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ wen he's being nice just 2 get in2 ma pants,it'l only tek sme minutes ,days or weeks.wud Ɣ☺ΰ rather want d guy 2 be mean ?maybe dats wat sme girls want A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ cherish,  mean,heartless guy,d̶̲̥̅̊A̶̲̥̅t dosnt prove he's manly abeg.guys be urself joor,Ɣ☺ΰ'l find who Ɣ☺ΰ'r compatible wit,Ɣ☺ΰ dnt nid 2 pretend.

3 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by Prodigee: 5:31pm On Jan 14, 2013
amaka white: My bf has a lot of dese signs A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ we hav been dating 4 4years naw.I dnt Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴͡ d̶̲̥̅̊A̶̲̥̅t as desperation but d real him.he's very nice,kiarn.always calling all d tyme(even dou dats kinda annoyin),A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ luvs 2 be pampered A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ praised.I wudnt want anytin else 4rm any man.tellin smeone 2 act Ī$
A specific way which isn't his real self just 2 impress a girl isn't right.an indecent guy wil always remain an indecent guy,a gurl hu has sense A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ decency wil Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴͡ him 4 wat he Ī$
.Ɣ☺ΰ do not nid 2 change hu Ɣ☺ΰ are 2 impress a girl.if d girl dosnt like Ɣ☺ΰ 4 hu Ɣ☺ΰ are den she shud find hu she's compatible wit.I know wen a guy Ī$
Sincerly nice A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ wen he's being nice just 2 get in2 ma pants,it'l only tek sme minutes ,days or weeks.wud Ɣ☺ΰ rather want d guy 2 be mean ?maybe dats wat sme girls want A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ cherish,  mean,heartless guy,d̶̲̥̅̊A̶̲̥̅t dosnt prove he's manly abeg.guys be urself joor,Ɣ☺ΰ'l find who Ɣ☺ΰ'r compatible wit,Ɣ☺ΰ dnt nid 2 pretend.
I could hardly comprehend ur speech!! undecided angry

8 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man by nollywood20: 5:32pm On Jan 14, 2013
[size=18pt]@poster, TWO THUMBS UP![/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Girls Do You Like Black Dicks? (what White Girls Think About Black Dicks) / My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady / Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 180
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.