Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady (35037 Views)

Men Don't Want Me Because I Have 3 Kids - Single Mum Cries Out (pix, Vid) / My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me / My Parents Don't Know I'm Rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Hassanmaye(m): 9:13am On Nov 21, 2022
Nonexisting1:
I don't blame them. After working very hard to get to a certain level in life, stupid children like to always drag their parents back to the mud because of nonsense love. The moment my children begin loving certain people in life, I will downgrade their lives to meet that standards. You can't be driving Lexus to go and visit your boyfriend that rides okada. It's better you ride okada to his house instead. Some children are from hell. Some people are of the opinion that you leave the children to be who they want to be but I'm of the opinion that they can be who they want to be in their own domain, not under my roof and definitely not bearing my surname.

Hahahahhahah
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Hassanmaye(m): 9:18am On Nov 21, 2022
lilvicky68:
Since you already have a child for him.. your parents should be happy he's still interested in marrying you..

Maybe they can upgrade him from a mechanic to mechanical engineer
Hahahahhahah
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Hassanmaye(m): 9:19am On Nov 21, 2022
irunoko:
You nor know say him be mechanic before you fvck am? Now mechanic don nack you belle your parents dey complain.if they didn't want you to marry him why didn't you abort his pregnancy at the earliest stage of the pregnancy,carry your L and move on? lipsrsealed
Haha what a good question May be he has big gbola

1 Like

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by IMASTEX: 9:29am On Nov 21, 2022
Nonexisting1:
I don't blame them. After working very hard to get to a certain level in life, stupid children like to always drag their parents back to the mud because of nonsense love. The moment my children begin loving certain people in life, I will downgrade their lives to meet that standards. You can't be driving Lexus to go and visit your boyfriend that rides okada. It's better you ride okada to his house instead. Some children are from hell. Some people are of the opinion that you leave the children to be who they want to be but I'm of the opinion that they can be who they want to be in their own domain, not under my roof and definitely not bearing my surname.
I quite understand your point and the burning desire to ensure economic safety & been protective of ones kids as a parents, especially with the economic reality experienced while trying to build them up. But we equally know that life itself is very unpredictable to the point that just one miscalculated risk and all could be gone & vis a vis. Nevertheless, it's better to equip them with the necessary information inline with how things work very early enough with close followup. Thus giving them the mental ability to make very informed choices in life, at least she wouldn't give herself so cheaply to be inserted and perhaps trying to be deduce into marrying the guy simply because a child is involved. Now given her current situation, the parent should just question her to be sure her choice isn't solely base on the child or that the man isn't trying to use her. Also stating to her that you wouldn't be a financial backup plan in case she doesn't any valid point.
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Bearfruit(f): 9:31am On Nov 21, 2022
Evil parenting,this same parent will still say dump the rich man should anything go wrong tomorrow. money is most people's God in this last days, and that is why the wrathful of God is coming.
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Spaldino(m): 9:35am On Nov 21, 2022
Nonexisting1:

Indi God! Rubbish!
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Savvy19: 9:40am On Nov 21, 2022
Nonexisting1:

Kinda tough but it's just the truth with people who attained success through hardwork.
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Advancedman(m): 9:41am On Nov 21, 2022
jaybenugo:

https://m./2443977612304623/permalink/5653668904668795/

You need a councilor, and those commenting anyhow all of you are wrong for neglecting the primary course of discourse as thee are questions to be asked to have the full gist before saying anything at all.
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by mmsen: 9:51am On Nov 21, 2022
Nonexisting1:

A good mechanic will never starve.

Instead of the useless family to look into how they can grow his business so that he can better take care of their daughter and grandchild they're trying to destroy the relationship.

Foolish people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by sooperrescue(m): 9:59am On Nov 21, 2022
Nonexisting1:
Mechanic naim dey reign now abi na generator mech
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Nectarval8: 10:16am On Nov 21, 2022
Unless your parents can provide a man to marry you after giving birth for another man, go ahead and marry your baby daddy legitimately.
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Tum1990: 10:21am On Nov 21, 2022
That's one of the problems we have in Nigeria.
The rich is meant to marry the rich says by who?
If your parents are rich enough,why not raise the young man to the standard they want if they really care for joy and fulfilment since you are in love with the guy? No wonder there are many broken homes today because people no longer follow the will of God for their lives.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by cigaricon(m): 11:13am On Nov 21, 2022
I bet you guys mocking the guy for being an auto mechanic take your vehicles to a doctor or a lawyer when it breaks down. What had the world turned into FFS? He's a mechanic stained with grease and dirt, so what! Does it mean he doesn't deserve good things in life. I bet you guys downgrading the guy don't know what it takes to fix the simplest component in a car. Most of y'all don't even like the lives you live.
Let's see the parents of this lady first before i say anything further.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by cigaricon(m): 11:17am On Nov 21, 2022
Nonexisting1:

I bet they started working very hard from the top to get to the level they are. What happened to humble beginnings? Why are you people like this? God!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by gohanDBZ: 11:30am On Nov 21, 2022
It's always best to follow your heart - even if you're and adult! Your family will have to accept your choice before long...
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by hometutorslagos: 11:43am On Nov 21, 2022
jaybenugo:

It's so unfortunate how we look down on some professions.
So if he was "Banker" be it a contract staff or take home notbworth anything, people and your parents would have given their consent right?

Anyways, I know a mechanic, my car mechanic, whenever I'm with him, even a sales rep of a multinational company doesnt get as much buzz on phone as he does.

That guy, very young guy, has almost ten trainees under him. This my own mechanic has class and he is good.

My sister, while I dont support anyone belittling other peoples source of income, kindly listen to your parent.
https://m./2443977612304623/permalink/5653668904668795/
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Goldbw122(m): 2:53pm On Nov 21, 2022
It is well
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by stigman(m): 2:57pm On Nov 21, 2022
Nonexisting1:

Nonsense, how old are you BOY

1 Like

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by vislabraye(m): 3:08pm On Nov 21, 2022
Nonexisting1:

You have a point, though but at the end of the day it's her choice to make.
Rich people also have their problems.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by kkins25(m): 3:41pm On Nov 21, 2022
Nonexisting1:
Guys self, una dey confuse me aswear. When girl decide to do above, dem say "gold digger" but u guys help contribute to the matter.
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Elidrisy20: 4:43pm On Nov 21, 2022
Oya continue to dey give am steady kpekus
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by princetom1(m): 4:48pm On Nov 21, 2022
Iliveforever:

This “who knows tomorrow” has led a lot to their untimely death
Person wey rich today can be poor, i was born with a silver spoon bt didn't grow up with one. My dad got sick and everything gone down the drain, he never recovered back to his feet till his dying day. So, yes, nobody knows 2moro... If they are okay with their current condition, let dem continue with wat rock their boat

1 Like

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by godwon01(m): 5:44pm On Nov 21, 2022
You didn't tell us your status. It will be better to tell us whom you are to judge your parents well.
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Ixodes(m): 5:48pm On Nov 21, 2022
Lexusgs430:
Tell them he is a mechanical engineer......... grin

Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by castro316: 7:32pm On Nov 21, 2022
But what's wrong about marrying a mechanic? With the kind of money these guys make, they do better than you salary earners earning 100k per month these guys see 5k to 10k a day excluding spare parts. My mechanic has a house built by him in mower and he also has a car. Stop labelling people that do better than you just because they wear dirty jumpsuits at work. You need to see these guys cute up while going home. You won't recognize them
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Kooldame: 8:02pm On Nov 21, 2022
;[quote author=franchasng post=118552809]I feel your pain and kind of agree with your points.

Some girls, especially between the age range of 17 to 24yrs like to reinvent love by doing nonsense love based on things they watch on movie thinking makebelieve is the same with real life.

Parents should always watch their female kids closely from age 16 to 24yrs, that is when they believe nonsense Romeo and Juliet story which they always try to replay and most times end up ruining their life completely grin grin grin grin
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by Iliveforever(m): 9:18pm On Nov 21, 2022
princetom1:

Person wey rich today can be poor, i was born with a silver spoon bt didn't grow up with one. My dad got sick and everything gone down the drain, he never recovered back to his feet till his dying day. So, yes, nobody knows 2moro... If they are okay with their current condition, let dem continue with wat rock their boat

You misquote a lot.

A lot of people has used “who knows tomorrow” and married a poor man and after many years they’re poorer with goals shattered.

Do use what happened in another persons life and act it on yours.

Don’t use “who knows tomorrow” and marry a poor man, na hunger go kill you
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by princetom1(m): 10:16am On Nov 22, 2022
Iliveforever:

You misquote a lot.

A lot of people has used “who knows tomorrow” and married a poor man and after many years they’re poorer with goals shattered.

Do use what happened in another persons life and act it on yours.

Don’t use “who knows tomorrow” and marry a poor man, na hunger go kill you
Marrying a poor man is not a disease... The family of d girl make it seems like it's a disease... Its all abt perspective, where u looking at things from... Can go on and on abt this bt wetin be my gain? Nexttttt
Re: My Parents Don't Want Me To Marry My Baby Dad Because He's A Mechanic - Lady by gforce5: 10:45am On Nov 22, 2022
So many issues in this topic. The first one is how the hell did both parties meet? From her post, one can tell that she's educated to a certain level. Her parents are either working class/middle class. The second issue is her parents narrow view of mechanics. So many Africans look down on mechanics, painters, carpenters, plumbers and other skilled workers. It is a myopic way of reasoning as these guys have essential skills that society need and make more money than many so-called graduates. Anyone who has lived abroad will you that the aforementioned professionals are high in demand and are very expensive. If you know how much plumbers charge in the UK, Nigerians will not be chatting rubbish about them.

The way I see it, I believe that the main issue is not his profession but his level of education. Most people here ignorantly believe that her parents are against the man's profession. Its the fact that he's not educated to their "standards". I can't blame them. Most African parents have that same mentality. The baby daddy didn't package himself well when he went to see his girl's folks. All the people criticizing OP's parents are hypocrites. They would do the same if they were in their shoes. Parents want the best for their children. Love is never enough. Parents want in-laws that they can proudly show off to their friends without embarrassment. It's just what it is. The guy has to step his game up if he wants the girl's parents to accept him. The parents also have to compromise as the OP already has a child for the man. My two cents.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 10 Public Alpha Figures In Nigeria, The Red Pill / Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? / Guys: Can You Cry In Front Of Yours Girlfriend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.