Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka (25606 Views)

How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion / Any Religion or Secret group that entices people with money Is satanic / Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by kkins25(m): 6:14pm On Nov 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Is that any different from what you many religious leaders do? undecided
Don't mind them. They hate rich people, i dont know why. But are willing to literally lick the ass for their Wealthy Daddy G.Os.
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Johel(m): 6:15pm On Nov 21, 2022
fasho01:
You're simply confused sir

U wey no confuse, how your life??

1 Like

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by AfonjaConehead: 6:16pm On Nov 21, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:
Foolish man! cheesy
You can say it again...he had religion during GEJ era where he was up and going, calling PEJ shepopotamus!!!

Balless mofo
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by doggedfighter(f): 6:17pm On Nov 21, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:
Foolish man! cheesy

A Jehovah witness fanatic
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 6:19pm On Nov 21, 2022
Johel:
Even in death, no one needs religion.
I concur! undecided
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by BJanta: 6:21pm On Nov 21, 2022
[quote author=AkinwaleJJ post=118571528]Foolish man! cheesy[/quo
te]

Very FOOLISH IDIOT.
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by GloriousGbola: 6:23pm On Nov 21, 2022
africandollar:
My namesake Wole has been saying this even while I was a youth…personally I pray he sees the light before he goes to the other side but yes, every man has the right to believe whatever they want to believe.

Unlikely. His mother (Wild Christian) was borderline fanatic and was probably at least partially responsible for this.
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by EvangelistChuks(m): 6:27pm On Nov 21, 2022
Prof. ,a deity or God is anything or anyone you fascinates, Attracts you. Whatever that owns your time and resources.
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Charlie2020(f): 6:28pm On Nov 21, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:
Foolish man! cheesy
why do you think he's foolish?
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Fearyourcreator: 6:29pm On Nov 21, 2022
Kingpele:
Ok suit yourself but now I realise that old age doesn't define wisdom a man of 85years with great experience and knowledge of the universe can still be foolish human, because only God can give u accurate information about himself and his creation..It takes a higher being to led lower beings into true life experiences...RIP dad we love you
And you wan grow old too
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Frankfury2022: 6:30pm On Nov 21, 2022
EKONGKING:
Only broke ass people think there is a white or Arab god watching them and saving them and yet still leaving them poor.
No wonder 133 million people are believer's in SKY daddy and Sky daddy rewarded them to live in country with most number of poor people grin grin grin grin

Modified
Unfortunately it is those who don't believe in sky daddy that have kept the 133 million people poor.

One of the 133 million people.living in multidimensional poverty spotted just above me ,
Awaiting for his SKY daddy to come and save him.
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Elliotwaveforec: 6:33pm On Nov 21, 2022
Wisdom!
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2022
Nigeria will make you not believe in religion

1 Like

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 6:44pm On Nov 21, 2022
NJyoruba12:
Nigeria will make you not believe in religion
Religion is a virus that no one needs. To allow men hack and control your mind by way of their lies... make no sense. undecided
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by xeju: 6:45pm On Nov 21, 2022
Kingpele:
Ok suit yourself but now I realise that old age doesn't define wisdom a man of 85years with great experience and knowledge of the universe can still be foolish human, because only God can give u accurate information about himself and his creation..It takes a higher being to led lower beings into true life experiences...RIP dad we love you
Abeg leave foolishness out of it, if not you too are foolish because to Muslims you're foolish, to Buddhists you're foolish, etc
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by kazyhm(m): 6:47pm On Nov 21, 2022
Kingpele:

Funny dude.....I guess you're a pastor. This sheep is safe without you (shepherd)
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Laeroy(f): 7:01pm On Nov 21, 2022
Realist777:

God exists but religion is just a political tool used by the arabs and the wests

If God exist, tell us what he really wants from man....

1 Like

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 7:02pm On Nov 21, 2022
Laeroy:
If He doesn't exist to you, why do you wish to know? undecided
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by AkinwaleJJ(f): 7:03pm On Nov 21, 2022
Only fools don't acknowledge GOD! Psalms 14:1

Most people think when the world honour someone that makes him wise shey?

Well this man is FOOLISH because with all his stuff the wise atheists kept him in a corner to continue talking trash while they're looting the treasury and the old guy could do nothing but speak foreign language claiming professor thinking he meant something when he is actually nothing! smiley
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Roycemadeit(m): 7:08pm On Nov 21, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:
Foolish man! cheesy

He is not...
It's you who is foolish
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Roycemadeit(m): 7:09pm On Nov 21, 2022
wiseone28:
You will know you need one when you can't open your eyes anymore or move your body.

Ask those who died if they needed one... grin

1 Like

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Dtruthspeaker: 7:09pm On Nov 21, 2022
Laeroy:

You already know! Don't let Him find you as one of those who He has marked as "To be destroyed" when He returns!
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Laeroy(f): 7:09pm On Nov 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If He doesn't exist to you, why do you wish to know? undecided

Kobojunkie You again.......

No where in my statement did I Say God doesn't exist....

I believe he does exist, but I don't know the purpose of his numerous creations....
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Roycemadeit(m): 7:12pm On Nov 21, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:
Only fools don't acknowledge GOD! Psalms 14:1

Most people think when the world honour someone that makes him wise shey?

Well this man is FOOLISH because with all his stuff the wise atheists kept him in a corner to continue talking trash while they're looting the treasury and the old guy could do nothing but speak foreign language claiming professor thinking he meant something when he is actually nothing! smiley

When you say God, which one?
Is it the one of Israel or Allah or which one? Cuz there are at least 4000 Gods and more are coming up everyday...

The people who brought you God are the looters fam... You should read your history to see how much the church made off the back of every slave or better still look through your bible and tell us how God made Abraham rich... grin

1 Like

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 7:12pm On Nov 21, 2022
Laeroy:
Kobojunkie You again.......No where in my statement did I Say God doesn't exist....
I believe he does exist, but I don't know the purpose of his numerous creations....
If you believe He does exist, then why not direct your question at Him? undecided

Do you really need to know the purpose of His numerous creations of the purpose of you instead? undecided
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Roycemadeit(m): 7:13pm On Nov 21, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You already know! Don't let Him find you as one of those who He has marked as "To be destroyed" when He returns!

I doubt that
God doesn't know what he wants that's why he would die to appease himself
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by AkinwaleJJ(f): 7:13pm On Nov 21, 2022
Laeroy:

Laeroy:

Kobojunkie You again.......

No where in my statement did I Say God doesn't exist....

Abeg shey nah only me dey read this one? embarassed
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Roycemadeit(m): 7:18pm On Nov 21, 2022
Nnamaka1:

Pls enlighten me , if there is no God, how did we come into existence? Why is the Earth still maintaining the right distance from other heavenly bodies if there isn't someone monitoring it.

Please enlighten me maybe I can learn one or two things from you

Why do you think the God that says the earth is flat, that erected pillars to support the sky or that stopped the sun from rotating over the earth grin is true?
How the hell could he confuse his creation bro grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Sweetvie: 7:22pm On Nov 21, 2022
Roycemadeit:

Why do you think the God that says the earth is flat, that erected pillars to support the sky or that stopped the sun from rotating over the earth grin is true?
How the hell could he confuse his creation bro grin cheesy
I don't get you
Are you saying he is not in existence?
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Sweetvie: 7:24pm On Nov 21, 2022
Roycemadeit:

When you say God, which one?
Is it the one of Israel or Allah or which one? Cuz there are at least 4000 Gods and more are coming up everyday...

The people who brought you God are the looters fam... You should read your history to see how much the church made off the back of every slave or better still look through your bible and tell us how God made Abraham rich... grin
what is your own ideology abt God and his existence?
What's your own believe?
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by favour32(m): 7:24pm On Nov 21, 2022
Everyone has got the right to personal belief.
Those using derogatory terms on the professor know less.
They are not different from boko haram which religious beliefs based on their own only.As any contrary beliefs, will be met with instant death!

Everyone has got the right to make a choice or path to enlightenment.

Do not force your religion on anyone.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Belteshazzar1: 7:28pm On Nov 21, 2022
theenchanter:
far reknowned than all ur generation combined!

How dare u call a national treasure a foolish man because of religion? Like, are u alright?

Sannu professor.... Go and beat him nah....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice / Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates His 60th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.