Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,506 members, 7,836,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka (25612 Views)

How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion / Any Religion or Secret group that entices people with money Is satanic / Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Laeroy(f): 7:35pm On Nov 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If you believe He does exist, then why not direct your question at Him? undecided

Do you really need to know the purpose of His numerous creations of the purpose of you instead? undecided

I can't direct my question to him , cos he doesn't rule the world nor is he in charge of it.....
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Dtruthspeaker: 7:35pm On Nov 21, 2022
Roycemadeit:

I doubt that
God doesn't know what he wants that's why he would die to appease himself

Damn! Where did you get this? Is that how far gone in stupidity that you are accustomed to it?

That is why you people are destruction worthy. Your stupidity is beyond measurement and irreparable.
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Laeroy(f): 7:36pm On Nov 21, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:

Abeg shey nah only me dey read this one? embarassed

Well I' didn't articulate my thoughts properly, but now you know I believe he does exist ....Shikena
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Achorise: 7:38pm On Nov 21, 2022
davodyguy:

Why?

Despite not worshiping any deity or go to Church or mosque, have you achieved what he has achieved?

This man is close to 90 years on earth. He is yet to die, meaning he is living a long life
This is where most folks miss it ,even Idol worshipers live long,the Bible said sinners live longer sometimes because there’s no life for them after here.
Achievements in life is not a function of religion but seriousness in life and building of capacity,a religious person without a good sense of judgment and understanding will be at disadvantaged in life because God gave us will and the power of choices.
Also no one comes to Jesus unless God drags him to himself.
Jesus is foolishness to the world but for us he’s the wisdom of God and the power of God unto salvation.
God bless Wole Soyinka he’s indeed a rare gem,one does not need Jesus to become like him because God has already given us all it takes to be great on earth our choices makes us or mar us .For me Jesus is the best thing that can happen to anyone on earth not religion oo �
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On Nov 21, 2022
Laeroy:
I can't direct my question to him , cos he doesn't rule the world nor is he in charge of it.....
So you believe in a deity who doesn't rule the world not is in charge of it? OK. undecided

Can you at least ask your deity of his value to you or yours to him?, undecided
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Semaj77(m): 7:48pm On Nov 21, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:
Foolish man! cheesy

You're the fool
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Nnamaka1: 8:04pm On Nov 21, 2022
Roycemadeit:

Why do you think the God that says the earth is flat, that erected pillars to support the sky or that stopped the sun from rotating over the earth grin is true?
How the hell could he confuse his creation bro grin cheesy

[b]Which of the gods said this brother? Definitely not the one known as the Almighty God/The MOST HIGH GOD

You have to be very wary of something bro. Even when we claim to be godless, we are actually serving a god whose mode of religion is godless. The honest truth is that there is no demilitarized zone. You are either on the Almighty God side or the god of this world side.

Look at the Toyota cars for example, if the makers of Toyota didn't come together and build Toyota and still in existence to support the Toyota cars, there would not be a Toyota car as we have it today.

If someone decided to abuse and misuse the Toyota cars and they become broken like the human race is today, you can't blame Toyota/or the Maker.

Most people blame The Almighty God for the imperfections in the world which We brought upon ourselves.

If we are humble enough to return our broken Toyota cars to the Real maker and abide by the Maker rules on how to use the Toyota cars, you will be surprised how everything will start going smoothly.

The world today is planting selfishness and evil but wants to harvest good things. Not possible na

This is how much I understand of this complicated world [/b]
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:13pm On Nov 21, 2022
He doesn't need any religion, but yet needs his pirate fraternity which he established to use and ruin the youth. Such hypocrisy
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Positiveme2020: 8:14pm On Nov 21, 2022
branham890:
Glo 1k for 6gb
Dm me if Interested

Airtel offers 20gb for 3k
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Positiveme2020: 8:15pm On Nov 21, 2022
APOSTLECHUMA:
Wole Soyinka learn from Tai Solarin who was an atheist, while here on earth. Tai didn't believe in God but his last words while he was dying in his sick bed in a Lagos hospital, was "God help me" Before one's death angels or demons will surround the person to welcome the person home and Tai cried out unto God whom he didn't believe in to help him when he saw the demons coming to welcome him into the spiritual wicked world for not believing in his Maker.

And you witnessed all this or hear say

1 Like

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by ReacherSaidNoth: 8:24pm On Nov 21, 2022
GreatVocalist:

You must be delusional to think that belief in God (the creator of the universe) will depreciate with time. How does your submission even make any sense? How can the very essence of existence cease from the hearts of men? I tell you what, you'll be greatly disappointed.
Your unfortunate slowness will not allow you to see that the Israelite god Yahweh is just one of thousands, and also an imaginary character that did not create a single grain of sand let alone the bloody universe grin

1 Like

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by CodeTemplar: 8:27pm On Nov 21, 2022
EKONGKING:
Only broke ass people think there is a white or Arab god watching them and saving them and yet still leaving them poor.
No wonder 133 million people are believer's in SKY daddy and Sky daddy rewarded them to live in country with most number of poor people grin grin grin grin

Modified

One of the 133 million people.living in multidimensional poverty spotted just above me ,
Awaiting for his SKY daddy to come and save him.
Poverty isn't not a random thing God takes away. Even if you credit every African with N10B equivalent, in 6 months, there will be poor people. Poverty is synonymous to lack of needs.
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by CodeTemplar: 8:30pm On Nov 21, 2022
ReacherSaidNoth:
Your unfortunate slowness will not allow you to see that the Israelite god Yahweh is just one of thousands, and also an imaginary character that did not create a single grain of sand let alone the bloody universe grin
you have kidney problem.
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Ferdinandu(m): 8:35pm On Nov 21, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/1594700545155076097?s=20&t=sy718DsZXHMp8T3THItG_Q
Religion is just a creative something made up to regulate Man's excesses.They create fear within you, they tell you about a reward of heaven when you die you believed because you can't comprehended the fact that you will just go into oblivion at death. You never sit down to understand that what makes you human is just the series of memories stored within you, right from birth, once that memory wipes out you just become nothing.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 21, 2022
omonnakoda:
You made some sense but for the part about the African man

Wole Soyinka is African I presume you are .

It is lazy and foolish to gratuitously insult Africans at the slightest opportunity.

I am African, Wole is African and you are African as well. I am not insulting anyone I am merely looking at an outcome that has plagued us Africans and try to find out a solution to it. There are people like that in the US as well and their lives are just like what you see in Nigeria.
Most of the Bible thumper you see are not good people, they are just people propelled by fear. Their actions are the reason people think religion is bad. When you meet someone who worships God out of love and faith, you will understand the power of religion and how it can be a force for positive change. That is all I am trying to say.

Cheers
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by abidem4real: 8:41pm On Nov 21, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:
Foolish man! cheesy
If there is any foolish man here, I think you are undoubtedly the one.
What makes him a foolish man? Is it by believing in what he believes or by not believing in what you believe? Always censore your brain before you type.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by JohnOkolo: 8:42pm On Nov 21, 2022
AkinwaleJJ:
Foolish man! cheesy

Worthless what have ur deity done for you and your generation.
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by ReacherSaidNoth: 8:51pm On Nov 21, 2022
GreatVocalist:

You type as though you have an explanation for the beginning of life and existence in a whole. You refuted a claim without providing an explanation or at best putting forward an argument. You say that Yahweh did not create the universe, how did you know that he did not? Come forward with a reasonable submission before you refute a claim, and stop displaying your ignorance shamefully here.
You can shut me up and convert me at the same by providing concrete, testable and verifiable evidence that Yahweh the Israelite god is the creator of the universe. Are you ready grin
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 8:57pm On Nov 21, 2022
ReacherSaidNoth:
You can shut me up and convert me at the same by providing concrete, testable and verifiable evidence that Yahweh the Israelite god is the creator of the universe. Are you ready grin
YHWH is the Law of Moses - the National Constitution of the State of Israel designed and given by God the creator to the people of Israel in the Land of Israel, a forever agreement/Covenant between the people and God. undecided

In similar manner, Jesus Christ is the Law and Constitution in the Kingdom of God given by God as an agreement He makes with individuals who choose to become citizens of the Kingdom of God, an eternal Covenant between God and men. undecided
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by ReacherSaidNoth: 9:00pm On Nov 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
YHWH is the Law of Moses - the National Constitution of the State of Israel designed and given by God the creator to the people of Israel in the Land of Israel. undecided
Madam undecided, I am not conversing with you, go and bother someone else with your crap.
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Kobojunkie: 9:03pm On Nov 21, 2022
ReacherSaidNoth:
Madam undecided, I am not conversing with you, go and bother someone else with your crap.
Open scripture, read and digest it for yourself so you understand how before that Constitution/Law was spoken of, the Name YHWH was not even used. It wasn't until the particular Covenant from God to Israel was mentioned that the name became associated with It. undecided
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by ReacherSaidNoth: 9:09pm On Nov 21, 2022
GreatVocalist:

What is your idea of a concrete, testable and verifiable evidence?
You can look for the dictionary definition of the words there, I don't know how else to break it down.

But take for example a scientific theory like evolution, it is backed by fossil evidence, embryology, morphological similarities, modern cases of speciation and so on.

Then look at the creation story in the bible and all you have is just that, a story.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Backlaw406(m): 9:10pm On Nov 21, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Damn! Where did you get this? Is that how far gone in stupidity that you are accustomed to it?

That is why you people are destruction worthy. Your stupidity is beyond measurement and irreparable.

you're extremist. You too self is not worthy to be a christian.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Dtruthspeaker: 9:17pm On Nov 21, 2022
ReacherSaidNoth:
How can you speak of rationality and make a statement as dumb as this? The ancient Greeks with all their achievements and might believed in Zeus but today Zeus is a comic book character.

Your god Yahweh will slowly and steadily lose its relevant as education and enlightenment spreads.

See how you speak rubbish? Even the Greeks from day 1 told us zeus was a myth which if you were a balanced thinker you would have remembered that it is exactly like the stories we have of great men in our own villages eg Sango,
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by ReacherSaidNoth: 9:26pm On Nov 21, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

See how you speak rubbish? Even the Greeks from day 1 told us zeus was a myth which if you were a balanced thinker you would have remembered that it is exactly like the stories we have of great men in our own villages eg Sango,
You are not smart enough to discuss with, bother someone else.
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 21, 2022
Positiveme2020:

Airtel offers 20gb for 3k

So where is the 20gb?
The screenshot is from an Airtel sim

Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Dtruthspeaker: 9:30pm On Nov 21, 2022
ReacherSaidNoth:
How can you speak of rationality and make a statement as dumb as this? The ancient Greeks with all their achievements and might believed in Zeus but today Zeus is a comic book character.

Your god Yahweh will slowly and steadily lose its relevant as education and enlightenment spreads.

See how you speak rubbish? Even the Greeks from their day 1 told us zeus was a myth which if you were a balanced thinker you would have remembered that it is exactly like the stories we have here of our own great and mighty men in our village and tribes.

But like Sango and Ogun, The One Who Spoke to Abraham is still gets His devotion and worship with His Fame being known world wide unlike Sango and Ogun. So you are talking complete rubbish till the world ends, Christianity will always have its place.
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by Dtruthspeaker: 9:32pm On Nov 21, 2022
ReacherSaidNoth:
You are not smart enough to discuss with, bother someone else.

In other words you are looking for people who do not know more than you to deceive with your crap.
Re: I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka by balarabe01(m): 9:32pm On Nov 21, 2022
Professor has done nigeria and africa proud, as a nobel prize winner in literature, he is no doubt a critical thinker and i admire him just like many africans do. Religions have shackled africa and brought it to its knees in the mud. I agree perfectly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

German Parents Not Allowed To Name Their Child Lucifer / Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples / Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.