Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? (30427 Views)

Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. / Do Nigeria Banks Have The Right To Retain 10% From A Deceased’s Account? / Payoneer Has Stopped Giving Cards!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Ololademrmoney2(m): 3:50pm On Nov 22, 2022
Can you offer naira for dollars? Large offshore to offshore is available at #700/$. The least you can get is $1m. You can link me with a capable hands that you know should you fall short of this.
GreaterFuture:
I can Run Offshore to offshore for you
If you need dollars in the USA, come to me, rates is good, at least far better than Black market

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Parachoko: 3:51pm On Nov 22, 2022
Kobonaire234:

Because I called out your party.?

We can pretend that APC, PDP, and LP are the answer, or we can face facts and vote them out.
In terms of generating money in the non oil sector, no other Govt have done better than the APC.

If you know of one, tell us
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by chatinent: 3:51pm On Nov 22, 2022
Wema is the worst of all. Their dollar cards are also disabled.

Anyways, try Eversend. It's virtual tho. Just created a dollar card. Just note that the rates are high.

5 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by HardMirror(m): 3:51pm On Nov 22, 2022
Nadingo:
2wks ago, I had $250 in my fidelity bank Dom account so I decided to take advantage of the hike in dollars then to withdraw and sell it to aboki. I went to the only two fidelity bank branches in my state and they both claimed they don't have dollar in cash to give me. I later sha narrated to a friend my ordeal who told me that if I want, he can link me with a staff in one of the same Fidelity Bank I was told dollar no dey and that I'll be paid the $250 cash instantly if I'll agree to grease palms. I played along and got my $250 given to me after giving N12k bribe. Smh
haaaa!!! It is finished. How much my own bribe go come be? They should hold the money.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by bodmas11(m): 3:54pm On Nov 22, 2022
GreaterFuture:
If you need dollars in the USA, come to me, rates is good, at least far better than Black market
What’s your number please?
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by HardMirror(m): 3:54pm On Nov 22, 2022
YoobaNesan:
But can be spend for online transaction?
they have disabled dollar card for 2 weeks now
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by kkins25(m): 3:54pm On Nov 22, 2022
chatinent:
Wema is the worst of all. Their dollar cards are also disabled.

Anyways, try Eversend. It's virtual tho. Just created a dollar card. Just note that the rates are high.
Very high! LOL.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by ScamHunter: 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2022
Revolva:

Na today u know day na 20usd limit be naira cards monthly

Bro no bank will deny you of opening a dollar dorm acc and even if there is no card wait for a while they will give u dollar dorm card

I use gtb dorm card for all my online payment and i buy things smoothly with it ..its the best

I also have one yeye uba dollar prepaid card its also good to make payment but its has certain restriction on withdrawal of inflow comes in it

I have a dorm account, but they say no dollar card for now. Wish i can get bitcoin to make the payment, been having verification issue with these exchanges.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by HardMirror(m): 3:56pm On Nov 22, 2022
NoToTerrorists:
to deposit is not a problem, na to withdraw grin
yes. They are taking my deposits. Na withdrawal be problem
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Ayomipoe(m): 3:58pm On Nov 22, 2022
I want to hope so. I still feel very reluctant, just maybe the lack of trust in the system. I already have significant challenges in accessing USD on demand locally. I am not sure Emefiele will be there by this time next year, I will be surprised if the new administration does not fire him.
Dexyity:

Just the news alone will collapse all Influx on dollar into the country. We wey already have fx issue, they will now say they want to automatically change Innocent lying USD in domiciliary account.

Our economy is healthy, forget the current exchange issue. Emefiele can never try this shit. Check the influx of dollar into the country every month, now imagine if CBN tried such policy you mentioned! Those influx will stop and problem will loom for the country.

That is why CBN never even attempt such, rather, they are dealing with other loopholes that encourage frauds, black market exploiters etc.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Revolva(m): 3:58pm On Nov 22, 2022
ScamHunter:

I have a dorm account, but they say no dollar card for now.

Oh dude, wait for a while , it will be available or find another branch of GTB

I de rock my dollar card anyhow and i can fo transfer of dollar from my App to another GTB dorm acc
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by HardMirror(m): 3:59pm On Nov 22, 2022
solomto:
Can I open domicilary account online.
yes
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 22, 2022
HardMirror:
I went to a Wema bank branch yesterday to withdraw from my Domicillary account, but i was told they have stopped giving dollars. I wanted to make transfer and they said that was also impossible.

Who else is facing this challenge?

Note i still was able to withdraw last week. Could this be from CBN?

You don't have mobile app?
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 22, 2022
telim:
the issue is from your bank. I sent about 250 usd to dedipath and digital ocean to clear pending server payment and the transaction was smooth without any issue.

What bank?
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by ScamHunter: 4:05pm On Nov 22, 2022
Revolva:

Oh dude, wait for a while , it will be available or find another branch of GTB

I de rock my dollar card anyhow and i can fo transfer of dollar from my App to another GTB dorm acc

I've already checked two branches. Won't even mind checking another branch in another city if I'm sure they have it. If you by any means know a branch that have them at the moment, I would check it up if its not too far. It's urgent. These are what people suffer because the country isn't working like a normal country. Why would a financial service be unavailable on a bank?

1 Like

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by ItsTutsi(m): 4:05pm On Nov 22, 2022
What about international transaction?
Anfieldboss:

You can deposit cash but you can't withdraw
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Penboy: 4:06pm On Nov 22, 2022
First bank has stopped.
I can categorically tell you this.

Quote me anywhere.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by lapazi(m): 4:07pm On Nov 22, 2022
tunapawizzy:

This is the reason it will be difficult for Nigeria to get out of mess....EVen if u kill all the current old useless politicians..the younger ones that will replace them are brutal...just imagine 12k bribe for $250 and i am sure the people that collected that 12k are cursing Buhari for bad leadership...this country is almost gone, corruption is endemic, no one survives without corruption, no one is clean

Both the person that collected the 12k, and the person that paid and our bad politicians are thesame.
It only shows that in times of despair we would cut corners.
The guy is even bold enough to say he paid bride.
Nonsense and ingredients

2 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by gentlekeny(m): 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2022
GreaterFuture:

Your office address and at what rate.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2022
Anfieldboss:

Yes, you can make payments online with your USD card

I tried doing that this month, didn't work. Don't know how long they've stopped it cos I noticed I can't pay for online foreign transactions with my local card since September.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by fxexperts: 4:10pm On Nov 22, 2022
HAH:
Is Nigeria currency dollar that you save in it ? What you do is called economic sabotage, you earn in naira then you convert and save in dollar thereby eroding the value of the naira
- Mumu talking. that means what your useless CBN is doing is by keeping dollar in their vault and selling crude oil in dollar too is economic sabotage. I don't know how you lots can sound so dumb most of the time.

HAH:
. Very soon savings in dollars will be banned, Physical Dollars cash may also be banned, Naira value is getting eroded because people now use dollars like is our local currency, when travelling abroad you will have to buy travellers cheque from your bank.

Soon all your FX in dorm account will be converted to Naira, there are over $20B dollars in dorm accounts, if this is converted to Naira dollar can be less than 200 Naira
This guy also doesn't have sense If your useless president tries such rubbish trust me dollar will not exchange at your dream rate, rather dollar might rise to over 10,000 naira to one dollar.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by bablon20(m): 4:10pm On Nov 22, 2022
Wema bank is presently having serious issue in all their banking services. I will suggest you make enquiry from your friends who have domiciliary account with other banks. I pity wema Bank customers, by the time wema Bank go bankrupt una eyes go clear.

https://twitter.com/TemitopeOlanip4/status/1592929350638501888?t=3c7_DCtIIRhWYN9PAYYSPg&s=08
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Dexyity(m): 4:10pm On Nov 22, 2022
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by QuoteJustOnce: 4:11pm On Nov 22, 2022
HardMirror:
baba are u using wema bank? Abi u want me to send u screenshot? Wema dollar card had been down for over 2 weeks now. I have to go to the bank for transactions and right now they are saying they cannot do it. And no withdrawal over the counter. Abeg dont tell me about a problem i am passing through.
I just want to know if other banks have this problem i dont need you to tell me what my own bank is doing.

do u think i would have commented if i wasnt using wema bank?
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2022
HAH:
Is Nigeria currency dollar that you save in it ? What you do is called economic sabotage, you earn in naira then you convert and save in dollar thereby eroding the value of the naira

People earn in dollars now Mr. Carry that your 20th century ideology and pack one side.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by ItsTutsi(m): 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2022
Bro, please help me out.. I want to do international transaction on aliexpress but because of the 20$ limit I can't.. which one do u suggest I open between Dom and prepaid dollar account?

What are the requirements?

Which bank is the best?
Revolva:

Na today u know day na 20usd limit be naira cards monthly

Bro no bank will deny you of opening a dollar dorm acc and even if there is no card wait for a while they will give u dollar dorm card

I use gtb dorm card for all my online payment and i buy things smoothly with it ..its the best

I also have one yeye uba dollar prepaid card its also good to make payment but its has certain restriction on withdrawal of inflow comes in it
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by barnaby04(m): 4:13pm On Nov 22, 2022
Economic sabotage my foot. There is a reason why Domiciliary accounts are used in financial institutions across the world. It's not mandatory for you to comment on every topic especially one you don't have information on.

I send money abroad regularly for trade related issues and hence, a Dom account is needed to facilitate such.

HAH:

14 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Fearyourcreator: 4:14pm On Nov 22, 2022
ScamHunter:
It's terrible. I've been trying to make a $100 payment but cannot because they've placed a miserable $20 limit on my naira account. For the USD account, they're saying they have no card for now. GTB is near useless.
Since when... Una sha go wan talk
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by HardMirror(m): 4:15pm On Nov 22, 2022
QuoteJustOnce:

do u think i would have commented if i wasnt using wema bank?
i am telling you authoritatively. Wema branches i have gone to are not giving dollar. Dont tell me nonsense pls.
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by usj(m): 4:15pm On Nov 22, 2022
QuoteJustOnce:

This is half baked truth. No bank will deny a transfer for the reasons you stated, after all it's electronic money.
What if you had opened your online banking app and done the transfer? Will the bank stop and reverse it?
You probably did not listen well or you're just spewing false claims. People still withdraw money over the counter

Bro, if you don't have solutions to his problems just move on and stop condemning him. I have been unable to my transfer on my USD card for 3wks now I'm even planning on visiting UBA to know why.

3 Likes

Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by Fearyourcreator: 4:16pm On Nov 22, 2022
Dialpad:
Naija is a crazy place.... why would you not be able to withdraw the same dollars you deposited in cash?

That's why investors will be uncomfortable bringing funds to Nigeria as your funds could be trapped.

Yinmu
Re: Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? by QuoteJustOnce: 4:17pm On Nov 22, 2022
conductor250:
Fidelity Bank has stopped paying USD for like 5 months now.

Not true, maybe just your branch. Withdrawal still happened 2 weeks ago

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Do I Block My SIM Card And Bank Accounts Linked To The Line? / My Journey To Make $1000 On Fiverr, Article Writing & Proofreading B4 Dec 31st / I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.