Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? (47737 Views)

What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? / The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. / 1 Year After Marriage, I Am Already Tired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by jaxman007(m): 7:54am On Nov 27, 2022
CaveAdullam:
1. The chances of achieving your goal become impossible or ultra slim.

2. As a father you will hardly have time for yourself because you are bothered about family bills.

3. Your only joy as a father is that your kids are healthy, intelligent, and becoming responsible.

4. As a father, the love your family has for you is predicated on the magnitude of your food storage and the depth of your pocket.

5. As a father when things go sour, the respect from nuclear and extended family plummets.

6. As a mother, you must serve your husband and children. You don't have time for vacations or rest.

7. As a father you will have at least one child that will behave in such a manner that it is as if he/she hates the family and wants to ruin the family name intentionally.

8. As a father only loyalty to your vows will keep you from infidelity because your wife will become boring by the day. Ditto for the mother.

9. The flames that run the marriage don't burn on their own. To keep the marriage fresh and the union alive the husband and wife must fan the flames.

10. As a father you'll one day be shocked and remain long-standing with mouth wide open, eyes gazing far when you are being asked "what have you done for me that you are using to boast".

11. As a mother you'll be expected to lead and provide even though it is not within your jurisdiction.

Marriage is a dreadful but enjoyable journey and must only be engaged by men and women who will be accountable and deliberate enough to hold to their specific marriage vows. Because marriage is the building block of civilization. The man and woman must be buoyant in the financial, physical, and spiritual angles (not religious) with no emotional baggage.

Thanks.
this comment is very well applauded

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by OneMillionBTC: 7:59am On Nov 27, 2022
jelel6:

This brought back memories and got me hysterical. grin grin

I was very recently close to a girl for about a year, not romantically but quite close and good friends. Naturally, we both did help each other out as our capacity permits.

We had a week-long quarrel once and as we both sat down to talk things through, she said with a straight face that I don't ever help her with a particular "issue". worse thing, she said that in passing without any prompt from me. I was so shocked I said goodnight and went to sleep. I just had to pretend that was never said so we could both move on.

Guess what cause our initial quarrel? At the course of me helping her with THAT same particular "issue". undecided grin Something I've been helping with every now and then for over 8 months. Rude awakening!

I was shocked. I thought I was in cuckooland. I don't easily get flustered but she easily did got me that day. It'd much easier for you to convince me 2 + 2 = 0 than make me understand why she said what she said.

I can only imagine how a married man (woman? hardly) must feel if their loving wife just bloat out "what have you ever done for me?" in the middle of an argument. grin

Our sisters, and wifeys them, that are guilty of the above in the heat of the moment, why Una dey yarn that talk. I would truly like to know? wink

They can do much more than this oooo, they can tell you, i have never been happy since you married me, you have never made me happy since you married me. It is only suffer 1 have been suffering since you married me. You have not done one thing for me since you married me......... Na wa!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Medalb: 8:03am On Nov 27, 2022
When u marry the wrong partner you are gone otiku,just call your people to dig ground for you.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Nettybrown(m): 8:03am On Nov 27, 2022
Munzy14:

Nawa o.

If truely you aren't, try clarify issues with her and give her your assurance and re-assurance.

We no want hear ugly stories o.

God knows I've done that severally!
I don't know what else to do.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by clinician2x: 8:10am On Nov 27, 2022
jelel6:

This brought back memories and got me hysterical. grin grin

I was very recently close to a girl for about a year, not romantically but quite close and good friends. Naturally, we both did help each other out as our capacity permits.

We had a week-long quarrel once and as we both sat down to talk things through, she said with a straight face that I don't ever help her with a particular "issue". worse thing, she said that in passing without any prompt from me. I was so shocked I said goodnight and went to sleep. I just had to pretend that was never said so we could both move on.

Guess what cause our initial quarrel? At the course of me helping her with THAT same particular "issue". undecided grin Something I've been helping with every now and then for over 8 months. Rude awakening!

I was shocked. I thought I was in cuckooland. I don't easily get flustered but she easily did got me that day. It'd much easier for you to convince me 2 + 2 = 0 than make me understand why she said what she said.

I can only imagine how a married man (woman? hardly) must feel if their loving wife just bloat out "what have you ever done for me?" in the middle of an argument. grin

Our sisters, and wifeys them, that are guilty of the above in the heat of the moment, why Una dey yarn that talk. I would truly like to know? wink

You've been helping her with the issue for over 8 months only on friends level and u get nothing in return, no act of service, no gifting just zero. You are a mumu man

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Emmanuel602(m): 8:11am On Nov 27, 2022
Karleb:
People who have been pressuring to marry will not give you shishi. grin

This one off me grin
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by 3verblazing(m): 8:13am On Nov 27, 2022
Azularis:
Marriage is over rated. It takes the Grace of God for it to last. Though married at times I wish I was single. If not for God, I for don run.
how old is ur marriage? grin
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Elsueno: 8:13am On Nov 27, 2022
As elders say, marry ur friend if possible, as the euphoria of love fades & changes form, dat of friendship stays with us....

Mahn am really old, but i don't wanna get married at all

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by streetwise2015: 8:18am On Nov 27, 2022
In all my experiences so far in relationships this is best lady for you to marry..The one that loves you more than you love her..It’s a cheat code

Tayorshd2:
Am planning on getting married soon but d few problem is I DONT REALLY LOVE HER
but she loved me 100 % with her life and have tested her in many ways infact she told her elder sister secretly Abt it too and her friend on her chat which she didn't know i saw all of this proclaiming the love she have for me ....

With ur idea can I still marry such a lady ??

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by kansoboy: 8:19am On Nov 27, 2022
Your wife or husband will change ....you will wish at times or moment , that u did not get married to Ur partner

Life is harsh...Marriage is wicked

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by kansoboy: 8:22am On Nov 27, 2022
Medalb:
When u marry the wrong partner you are gone otiku,just call your people to dig ground for you.

Quickly dirvoce her and move on...get another reasonable woman and move on, mostly when the marriage is at early stage...I did it and I am thankful to God I was fast to dirvoce and move on
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:22am On Nov 27, 2022
SMJay:
What is the brutal truth about life after marriage?

Life after wedding, not life after marriage.

Life after marriage means life after a divorce.

Life after wedding means marriage.

Now, what do you expect in a marriage?

It all depends on one thing -- YOUR SPOUSE.

Your spouse: your spouse can make or mar your married life. If your spouse is unwilling to grow, unwilling to be responsible, have unreasonable expectations of you or of the marriage, you are DOOMED.

As a former marriage counselor, I have heard many unreasonable expectations, especially from wives.

Remove that belief that there is a Zee World fairy tale marriage in reality. All those overdone love stories do not exist and cannot work in reality. You are only going to push your spouse to the wall.

Secondly, a spouse that is unwilling to grow will frustate the marriage. You can't enter into a marriage and still want to live like a single. Marriage is a life of compromises. It is not for those who are single at heart. This point goes well with responsibility. You now have a partner, and so you must always include them in many of your plans, unlike when you were single.

Some people will talk about money, and all that.

If you marry a bad spouse, money will not help you.

If your husband is richer than Dangote, that would not automatically make him a responsible man.

That is why marriages depend entirely on the type of partner you have.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by harbarzzy(m): 8:26am On Nov 27, 2022
faithfull18:
If you marry the right one who truly understands what marriage is about, truly loves God and keeps his commands, doesn't cheat or sleep around, is 100% honest and transparent about everything, is diligent and you both can work together to achieve common goals, you will enjoy heaven on earth wink
Even a pastor's or Imam wife does not have all this trait...Marriage is submissiveness and take this jingle with you(women love money)..They are like Peter obi..Dem fit take but dem no dey give shishi

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by kansoboy: 8:31am On Nov 27, 2022
Shadysen:
i believed, there is no love without money.

I don't believe so..if u marry a reasonable woman when things are good for u..if misfortunes come, the woman will stay and manage and pray for better life..

But is you marry a useless woman or retired runsgirl when things are good, if misfortunes come she will show her true colours.frusyrate your life.

Look out for a reasonable woman before u marry....

No be every Nigeria woman bad..at atleast my mother, my second wife I married and my daughter and even my grandmother mother no useles....I no know of my sisters ooo ����

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Basiljoe: 8:46am On Nov 27, 2022
Exceed15:
She will turn tiger in the house especially after giving you a child.
"Women default to using their children as cat’s paws to assume primary authority of the family, and men are already Blue Pill preconditioned by a feminine-centric upbringing to accept this as the normative frame for the family." - Book 3, Positive Masculinity

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Tayorshd2(m): 8:49am On Nov 27, 2022
streetwise2015:
In all my experiences so far in relationships this is best lady for you to marry..The one that loves you more than you love her..It’s a cheat code

Thanks bro for d info

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by A1kennedy(m): 8:51am On Nov 27, 2022
The brutal truth of life after marriage, is that it will only last with the love of God. Not money, wealth, sex,food etc.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by sharone21(f): 8:53am On Nov 27, 2022
CaveAdullam:

2. As a father you will hardly have time for yourself because you are bothered about family bills.

3. Your only joy as a father is that your kids are healthy, intelligent, and becoming responsible.

4. As a father, the love your family has for you is predicated on the magnitude of your food storage and the depth of your pocket.

5. As a father when things go sour, the respect from nuclear and extended family plummets.

6. As a mother, you must serve your husband and children. You don't have time for vacations or rest.

7. As a father you will have at least one child that will behave in such a manner that it is as if he/she hates the family and wants to ruin the family name intentionally.

8. As a father only loyalty to your vows will keep you from infidelity because your wife will become boring by the day. Ditto for the mother.

9. The flames that run the marriage don't burn on their own. To keep the marriage fresh and the union alive the husband and wife must fan the flames.

10. As a father you'll one day be shocked and remain long-standing with mouth wide open, eyes gazing far when you are being asked "what have you done for me that you are using to boast".

11. As a mother you'll be expected to lead and provide even though it is not within your jurisdiction.

Marriage is a dreadful but enjoyable journey and must only be engaged by men and women who will be accountable and deliberate enough to hold to their specific marriage vows. Because marriage is the building block of civilization. The man and woman must be buoyant in the financial, physical, and spiritual angles (not religious) with no emotional baggage.

Thanks.

Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you....
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by DonroxyII: 8:53am On Nov 27, 2022
Sendero:

It's purely a business relationship between the man and the woman, the kids are the business.

Anyone who works with a different concept of marriage will lose out big time
Marriage is a Simple Patnership to Journey life together ... Approach it from Business then you start conceptualizing Costs, Revenue, Profits, Loss Before You Realise it... You will start Failing !

Marriage is for a MAN and a woman!

If You ain't a Man no go there !

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by 89Elpazziano(m): 9:01am On Nov 27, 2022
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Tayorshd2(m): 9:09am On Nov 27, 2022
Yes sure i found her acttractive
But sometimes if she is angry to extent that she will stop loving me that's when I will realise that i need her and don't want her to leave me

So a friend of mine was telling me that maybe because of my bad past experiences Abt falling in love that's why I am too hard to fall again ..
That not that i don't like d girl in d picture but am just too afraid

Emaprince:
If she truly love you, its very good to wife her. You may not really be in love with her. You don't need to fall in love.. Falling in love is feminine..it is designed for women, not men. As long as you find her attractive and believe you won't be bored with her soon, you are good. She will treat you like a king if she truly love you. But don't take it for granted and treat her bad. I am one that loves to return every good gesture in double fold. Her love for you should motive you to work hard and be the best man you can be and make her proud for choosing you.

If you are not attracted to her..then bail out. If I am not attracted to a woman sexually, even with the best of good morals, I no do...I'm not interested in breaking any ones heart.

Be sure she doesn't have any one on the corner though. Women dey confuse me these days. They will love you and still be getting humped by some unserious folks. Guess its the Badboy thrill.

They are easily influenced and swayed too. So the love you see today may dissappear tomorrow. You should hope for the best but always expect the worst so you dont get knocked out by the worst surprise.

I wish you luck.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Tayorshd2(m): 9:11am On Nov 27, 2022
What i noticed is that my past experiences Abt loving the wrong people and later finding my wanting that's why am finding it hard to fall again ...cos if she is angry sometimes to an extent of leaving and not dating me again that's when I realise i won't want her to go or leave me alone

Meaning i like hard and found her acttractive but the love is not yet in me cos am afraid of women ..

My experience is really hectic Abt them

Desusi:

Wow,you don't really love her and you're about to marry her despite what you have heard her saying about you?Marriage is a relatioship between two people who are deeply in love with each other.if the love is on one sided love, l doubt if it could work.Where there's a mutual love by both,you would always fall in love with her over and over again, no matter what be tides. Marriage is a life's journey, and lots of things are associated with it.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by alphaNomega: 10:05am On Nov 27, 2022
For men, one of your top 3 best financial decisions will be choosing the type of mother you want for your children
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Ginomel(m): 10:07am On Nov 27, 2022
MoneyMustBMade:
My marriage is very sweet... Have a good woman and enjoy marriage... Forget beauty although my wife is very beautiful. If you love your wife you will make her beautiful. Marriage is reality not fiction. Choose someone with same ideology like you, keep beauty aside and you will see your self enjoying her.

I'm very sure she is very loyal despite your shortcoming, she is very submissive and accept all your faults.

Probably you are a great provider or she provides and is still very submissive.

Outside the outlined, no man cherishes a stubborn woman unless the man is a SIMPle man.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by ravensckar(m): 10:19am On Nov 27, 2022
Tayorshd2:
Am planning on getting married soon but d few problem is I DONT REALLY LOVE HER
but she loved me 100 % with her life and have tested her in many ways infact she told her elder sister secretly Abt it too and her friend on her chat which she didn't know i saw all of this proclaiming the love she have for me ....

With ur idea can I still marry such a lady ??

If you know you don't love a lady or few that tingly sensation towards her, do not attempt to marry her o. If you do, you'd be sentencing yourself to a lifetime of sorrow and unhappiness. This is because after a year, the whole euphoria of marriage will wear off only the true feelings you both have for each other will remain. Sometimes you'll wake up in the middle of the night and see the woman laying beside you and smile especially when you love her dearly. Secondly, there's this bond of friendship that you'll form with your wife such that you can tell her anything and everything and she can do likewise with you too. It can only come when you both feel something for eachother. That one, you can't pretend about it. Bros, in summary, marriage is essentially about love & friendship between two unrelated people. In your case, the love isn't mutual, hence, the marriage is doomed to fail if you attempt it.

#My 2 Cents#

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by kumulus(m): 10:34am On Nov 27, 2022
Marry your wife, not just a woman.

Who is your wife? Your help-meet.

Perhaps before looking to get married one should ask, what will she be helping on/with?? This would bring the man to question his very own identity, who am I? What do I represent? What is my mission here?? Once a man is established in the identity of his prospect in life, knows his place and purpose, then finding his 'soulmate/help-meet' gets easier.

You don't bring a rap artist to sing an opera.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Munzy14(m): 10:51am On Nov 27, 2022
Nettybrown:

God knows I've done that severally!
I don't know what else to do.
Insist so you can clear her doubt.

A jealous wife is deadly...Small suspicion, can send a man to early grave...May God forbid!

Normally a woman into you, Should be jealous which is natural..But as wife, I always say na my wife go dey handle some of my social media page.

And a wife must be carried along for peace to reign o. cheesy

If not, she will make home uncomfortable for everyone.

Check yourself bro, search your conscience and give your woman Assurance.
Goodluck!

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by MoneyMustBMade(m): 11:01am On Nov 27, 2022
Ginomel:

I'm very sure she is very loyal despite your shortcoming, she is very submissive and accept all your faults.

Probably you are a great provider or she provides and is still very submissive.

Outside the outlined, no man cherishes a stubborn woman unless the man is a SIMPle man.

This guy is very intelligent... All you say is the truth, she is submissive and hard-working. As a Man you need to provide to the family also so as to encourage her. Shalom
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by mariahAngel(f): 11:27am On Nov 27, 2022
Munzy14:

Smh...you shock me atimes with your different way of approach to issues..

Eziokwu eeh, ugbu a ka m huru ihe ufodu ji akpo gi bro ebe a grin

O wu n'olia? cheesy

Well, you see that issue of a woman denying things done for her in the past, Ike gwuru.

Someone I helped get to where she became a sort after, ones told me what uru ka m barala ya..Na mu nwere ike delete her contact ma m cho kwa o grin grin such ungrateful gut. Not like as if she has arrived, the pride stench. lipsrsealed

Trust me, I did and swore never to cross her part in life again....That act is unforgivable.

It changed my mindset towards her type..And reaffirmed my strong support for a Bro before anyone else..A fellow man will never forget a good gesture.
Sometime last week, a female friend was having little challenge with her ride, and needed small cash to fix it, I was about helping helping her out, When a bro Called to tell me na aguru choro igbu ya, without blinking, I had to come to rescue.
Till now, ajubehu m the babe how far with the ride..Though we still dey gist.

Mgbe ufodu I laugh when kris castigate and voice his hatred here, Ufodu umu Nwaanyi extremely wicked and ungrateful(especially those from struggling homes) lipsrsealed may God guide us sha. cheesy

Uwa di egwu! grin

Okwu gbasara Kris, n'aka Chineke ka o nu.

Thread a di very interesting, by the way.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by kaymart: 11:32am On Nov 27, 2022
ibkayee:
Not being able to sleep diagonally on the bed anymore
Separate bed, one big room

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Betgold84: 11:45am On Nov 27, 2022
3 azuls for you.

CaveAdullam:

Thanks.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by MufasaLion: 11:50am On Nov 27, 2022
BunmiBie:

Very true and this is not for man alone.
As a woman it you don't have money in marriage you go suffer.

Yes, the woman suffers more if she's got no source of income.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Man's Reaction As Little Daughter Twerks Got Celebrities, Others Talking (pics) / How Can I Adopt A Child In Nigeria? / Tears Of A Woman Whose Husband Is A Porn Addict- Read Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.