Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,654 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:20 PM

What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? (48462 Views)

What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? / The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. / 1 Year After Marriage, I Am Already Tired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 2:30pm On Nov 27, 2022
xynerise:

This is what my problem is grin

Somebody always want to cuddle you and make your hand uncomfortable undecided

I'm telling you. I hate cuddling. I love to sleep facing the ceiling
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 2:37pm On Nov 27, 2022
This is scary.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Greenfaces: 2:41pm On Nov 27, 2022
MufasaLion:
If you're not financially buoyant, you will regret it.
Marriage is actually 96% finance and 4% what i dont even know. I just said 96% so i don't appear irrational. Anyone can now find out what occupies his own 4%

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Bahamas95(m): 2:42pm On Nov 27, 2022
Banbanna:

Try buy a bigger bed na. Except she's the type wey dey like use you do teddy bear.
It's not about the bed size, even if it's king size I would still change my sleeping pattern if she's with me......I love that skin to skin contact with my girl in bed. Preferably spooning position, it makes me sleep better.

The feeling of rubbing my JT on her soft bumbum is heavenly.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by mercy87(f): 3:32pm On Nov 27, 2022
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Fayek(m): 4:09pm On Nov 27, 2022
Add me. my Whatsapp number 07031289203
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by faithfull18(f): 4:09pm On Nov 27, 2022
wonderr:
such man does not exist
He exists, they exist. You can change to become one, don't you like good things

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by faithfull18(f): 4:25pm On Nov 27, 2022
olaniyilukman:
My lady, please stop, is there anyone who is 100% honest...
Yes.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by achimendy(m): 4:43pm On Nov 27, 2022
Helpout12345:
All pretence will end from both parties. You will see each other in 3D.

You will be offended and re-offended. Your tolerance and forgiveness will be tested over and over again.

No marriage is perfect as no one is perfect.

If you marry for the wrong reason or married a wrong person, or if marriage is not for your type of person,
the marriage will be terrible.

If marriage is meant for you, you marry the right person for the right reasons, you have the compatibility, both of you truly love each other, finance is adequate for both of you, you will enjoy the marriage.

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by xynerise: 4:51pm On Nov 27, 2022
Pharaoh4rin:

I'm telling you. I hate cuddling. I love to sleep facing the ceiling
Best sleeping position

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by MufasaLion: 4:56pm On Nov 27, 2022
Greenfaces:

Marriage is actually 96% finance and 4% what i dont even know. I just said 96% so i don't appear irrational. Anyone can now find out what occupies his own 4%

Right.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by otikpoko(m): 5:02pm On Nov 27, 2022
Karleb:
People who have been pressuring to marry will not give you shishi. grin

You go need to send me your account number.

You need like 100k likes for this.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by MufasaLion: 5:04pm On Nov 27, 2022
mercy87:
I have a question...my guy doesn't call me but when I call him, he picks. He's not based in Nigeria. Do I continue calling him or I should stop?

If you are an independent and ambitious lady, you should know that there are some bullshit shouldn't accept from anybody. A supposed guy dating you and doesn't have the will to call you is likely not into you, even if you call and he picks. Most ladies that men treat as trash are jobless, unintelligent or useless and have nothing to offer the man.

Check within yourself and know why he's acting that way. An average Nigerian guy living abroad knows that things are difficult in Nigeria and any Nigerian lady living in Nigeria is likely to withstand all sorts of bullshit because of poverty, unemployment, low self-esteem etc.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Karleb(m): 5:09pm On Nov 27, 2022
otikpoko:

You go need to send me your account number.

You need like 100k likes for this.

Freely have I received, freely shall I give. grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Whitemagic: 6:06pm On Nov 27, 2022
jelel6:

This brought back memories and got me hysterical. grin grin

I was very recently close to a girl for about a year, not romantically but quite close and good friends. Naturally, we both did help each other out as our capacity permits.

We had a week-long quarrel once and as we both sat down to talk things through, she said with a straight face that I don't ever help her with a particular "issue". worse thing, she said that in passing without any prompt from me. I was so shocked I said goodnight and went to sleep. I just had to pretend that was never said so we could both move on.

Guess what cause our initial quarrel? At the course of me helping her with THAT same particular "issue". undecided grin Something I've been helping with every now and then for over 8 months. Rude awakening!

I was shocked. I thought I was in cuckooland. I don't easily get flustered but she easily did got me that day. It'd much easier for you to convince me 2 + 2 = 0 than make me understand why she said what she said.

I can only imagine how a married man (woman? hardly) must feel if their loving wife just bloat out "what have you ever done for me?" in the middle of an argument. grin

Our sisters, and wifeys them, that are guilty of the above in the heat of the moment, why Una dey yarn that talk. I would truly like to know? wink

You no wan talk say you Na you de spend on her steady abi … hehe grin

Negotiated desire is never genuine. Money can get you a woman but won’t keep her. Seek out for the one who respect you for who you are… recognize the fact I didn’t use “love”
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by holocron: 6:27pm On Nov 27, 2022
Desusi:

If that be the case,what would you do where no kids available after years of marriage?

In that case marriage becomes the business of trying to get the kids. A perpetual striving to get the kids. The marriage works as long as the hope that the kids will come remains alive.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Pickmycall: 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2022
Bahamas95:
It's not about the bed size, even if it's king size I would still change my sleeping pattern if she's with me......I love that skin to skin contact with my girl in bed. Preferably spooning position, it makes me sleep better.

The feeling of rubbing my JT on her soft bumbum is heavenly.
She also feel excited when your JT is rubbing her.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Bahamas95(m): 8:49pm On Nov 27, 2022
Pickmycall:
She also feel excited when your JT is rubbing her.
Ya, it's 50-50.

We sleep completely n@ked most times.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by jawalis(m): 10:07pm On Nov 27, 2022
This thread is so enlightening and insightful. Thanks to those who took their time to write advises and open our eyes to realities. I read everything from line to line and it’s worth it.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by jrobbins: 10:31pm On Nov 27, 2022
Emaprince:
Anyway any man getting married should be very sure that he is financially capable of taking good care of his wife and kids. No man should be out there looking for what a woman brings to the table. A womans gift sef is like the devils gift. If she do anything for you today, it will be used against you tomorrow. So pray against becoming a man that may, at one point, need a woman as your helper..rather be the helper of women. You really have to work your socks off to make sure your wife and kids are well taken care of. Pray as well that God bless the works of your hands. Do not make any sacrifices for your wife which will make your only means of income which place s you as the provider slip away. I have heard of men quit their jobs just to join their wives who are working abroad or in another state..only to get their and become a house boy.

Never ever trust a woman!!!.... not even your wife. This will help you cushion the effect of the heart break or heart attack you might get on finding out that becoming a wife doesn't make any woman a saint. In todays world of social media..where women will do anything for validation. she won't even need to move out. Just indoors posting sultry pics on tiktoks..IG etc getting likes and the consequent advances and hence may end up sneaking around. Just know your wife is not exempted from wanting attention from other men. Every women wants a piece of the attention from the wolves out there.

If you are igbo grin..prepare to have your wives siblings coming over to stay regularly. Your own siblings will be distanced from you cos they will never be comfortable in your home anymore. Thanks to your wife's hostility towards them. Women that makes their inlaws comfortable are 1 in a million. Do not stop rendering help to your siblings, but they don't have to come to your place to get it. If you have the capacity, you can set them up to stand on their own.

Do not beat your wife. Never ever do it. See eh..silent treatment pains women more than physical abuse. If she annoys you to a point you feel like hitting her, give her the silent treatment and stay the Bleep away from her for a while. But she will only feel the effect if you are financially important o..cos she can't stand thinking of another woman giving you peace of mind and possibly snatching you. A rich man is a jewel to his wife...you see as E money wife dey praise the guy? If you no get shi shi... she may not care. This means in all you do, strive to get your pocket phat.

Lastly. NEVER fall in love. You will be acting like a fool in the name of love. Treat your woman well provide for her. But run from falling in love, so you won't be applauding her for behaving badly. Or commit suicide if you find her chat with another man. Every woman is replaceable.

Golden piece all these youngies need to hear

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Emanodimo(m): 11:22pm On Nov 27, 2022
mariahAngel:

You should've reminded her of all the ones you've done for her before.

@bolded, we're naturally entitled beings. cheesy

Meaning, she forgot? Or loss of memory or what other excuses?

Oooopps, naturally entitled being.... OK, I guess she is entitled to a reminder to remind her...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by jelel6: 12:18am On Nov 28, 2022
Whitemagic:

You no wan talk say you Na you de spend on her steady abi … hehe grin

Spend on her? I know somebody will misconstrue the "issues". That "issue" has nothing to do with money, my friend. Not everything has to do with spending money.

Negotiated desire is never genuine. Money can get you a woman but won’t keep her. Seek out for the one who respect you for who you are… recognize the fact I didn’t use “love”

I probably shouldn't reply to this because your opinion is based off of assumptions. But you seem to honestly ignorant so permit me...

I know that because I posted this on a thread about marriage, it'd seem that she's my girl, which is not the case.

If you had read my initial post attentively, you'd have seen where I said we weren't involved romantically. She wasn't my girlfriend. I didn't ask her to be my girlfriend. I never wanted her to be my girlfriend. No be everything about man and women be lovey-dovey. Atleast, not with me.

The reason I narrated that incident was because a guy-friend go hardly say something like "watin you done ever help me with", unlike the women dem.

As for your advice @bolded, even though it's a little out of place, you're 100% right and I agree with you.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by jelel6: 12:33am On Nov 28, 2022
mercy87:
I have a question...my guy doesn't call me but when I call him, he picks. He's not based in Nigeria. Do I continue calling him or I should stop?

Only you can't continue to do the calling alone, he has to meet you halfway. The next time you talk, let him know that he needs to put more effort and prioritize communication with you. That's the least you both can do since you're so far away.

Then, stop calling and let him do the calling.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by nancyug72(f): 12:50am On Nov 28, 2022
bills.it can pull away love if bills are not met
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by rumenase(m): 2:12am On Nov 28, 2022
MufasaLion:
If you're not financially buoyant, you will regret it.
OP if you forget every other thing don’t forget this one

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by JustforMen: 3:08am On Nov 28, 2022
cadet222:
Unlimited Sex
wrongly wrong!
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by CEwog91(m): 3:50am On Nov 28, 2022
mercy87:
how do u know his your guy?
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by poweredcom(m): 10:19am On Nov 28, 2022
DonroxyII:
Ashawo no be you useless dem finish All Over Ndokwa tongue

Look young man, i am a principled man ok , bo be me send any girl to become a prostitute
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by DonroxyII: 11:32am On Nov 28, 2022
poweredcom:

Look young man, i am a principled man ok , bo be me send any girl to become a prostitute
Your Left Blokos, You be Brolosho too Na Brostitute dey parol prostitute!
Principle tongue

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by FreshFarmAgro: 11:47am On Nov 28, 2022
Emaprince:
Anyway any man getting married should be very sure that he is financially capable of taking good care of his wife and kids. No man should be out there looking for what a woman brings to the table. A womans gift sef is like the devils gift. If she do anything for you today, it will be used against you tomorrow. So pray against becoming a man that may, at one point, need a woman as your helper..rather be the helper of women. You really have to work your socks off to make sure your wife and kids are well taken care of. Pray as well that God bless the works of your hands. Do not make any sacrifices for your wife which will make your only means of income which place s you as the provider slip away. I have heard of men quit their jobs just to join their wives who are working abroad or in another state..only to get their and become a house boy.

Never ever trust a woman!!!.... not even your wife. This will help you cushion the effect of the heart break or heart attack you might get on finding out that becoming a wife doesn't make any woman a saint. In todays world of social media..where women will do anything for validation. she won't even need to move out. Just indoors posting sultry pics on tiktoks..IG etc getting likes and the consequent advances and hence may end up sneaking around. Just know your wife is not exempted from wanting attention from other men. Every women wants a piece of the attention from the wolves out there.

If you are igbo grin..prepare to have your wives siblings coming over to stay regularly. Your own siblings will be distanced from you cos they will never be comfortable in your home anymore. Thanks to your wife's hostility towards them. Women that makes their inlaws comfortable are 1 in a million. Do not stop rendering help to your siblings, but they don't have to come to your place to get it. If you have the capacity, you can set them up to stand on their own.

Do not beat your wife. Never ever do it. See eh..silent treatment pains women more than physical abuse. If she annoys you to a point you feel like hitting her, give her the silent treatment and stay the Bleep away from her for a while. But she will only feel the effect if you are financially important o..cos she can't stand thinking of another woman giving you peace of mind and possibly snatching you. A rich man is a jewel to his wife...you see as E money wife dey praise the guy? If you no get shi shi... she may not care. This means in all you do, strive to get your pocket phat.

Lastly. NEVER fall in love. You will be acting like a fool in the name of love. Treat your woman well provide for her. But run from falling in love, so you won't be applauding her for behaving badly. Or commit suicide if you find her chat with another man. Every woman is replaceable.

I do not agree the basis men's sibling are not close after marriage is due to the hostility of wives. Let's stop misinforming people please

It's purely life. A man's brothers are also busy building their lives. Simple
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by FreshFarmAgro: 11:49am On Nov 28, 2022
For me, I'd say the bitter truth about marriage is you stick with your choice. grin
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by swagguElite(m): 12:11pm On Nov 28, 2022
Emaprince:

Words of wisdom. Abegg open thread and educate us more, if you still have more. Your comment is overtly realistic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? / My Lazy Girlfriend Lacks Ambition And She's Pregnant For Me!!! / How Can I Control My Sex Craving Toward My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.