Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,147 members, 7,835,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup (36161 Views)

Ajax Ball Boy Throws Ball Angry At Roma Player For Time Wasting (Photos, Video) / Sadio Mane Angry At Mohamed Salah In Touchline Bust-up (Photos) / Which Cheap Satellite Television Provider Will Show World Cup Matches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 25, 2022
It has always been like that,but I got you covered by you just downloading the ELIOR TV APP on your phone, laptop or your Smart Tv & you get to stream all the world cup matches & other premium channels for free...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jb2pe0ouh59136f/Elior_TV.apk/file

Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by FarahAideed: 1:08pm On Nov 25, 2022
NinaArsenal:

Same here too, I subscribed for GotvSupa 5500 and all the channels are opened

Don't mind them , they want to watch all 64 matches with 1800 ( 2 dollars)

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by SlyCharlie(m): 1:08pm On Nov 25, 2022
bisqit:
nta hardly shows the matches. They ve been going off air and showing wike projects
Not the Normal NTA, NTA Sport24 on Startimes(ANTENNA) has been showing games. Yesterday was Ghana v Portugal and Cameroon v Swiss. The other day I think they showed Canada v Belgium.
They have rights to about 30 games in total

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by DavSagacity(m): 1:08pm On Nov 25, 2022
mployer:
I am watching all the matches.

It depends on your subscription.
on what Package pls...??
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by COOL10(m): 1:10pm On Nov 25, 2022
udomonday:
Before the coming of DStv,where Nigerian stations not always showing the world cup matches?so what went wrong?

DStv bought the exclusive rights to show the matches in West Africa.
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by ZombieTERROR: 1:10pm On Nov 25, 2022
Passionate888:
Gotv is showing.
Some people will pay #1000 naira subscription and expect to watch the world cup

i paid for Supa 5500

I'm not getting all the matches
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by Ifyz0001: 1:12pm On Nov 25, 2022
They must be SUED.

They are MAD, VERY MAD.

This is not champions league or english premier league.l, the world cup doesn't have any patent right.

So you mean if Nigeria had been at the world cup we will not be able to watch Nigeria's games??

They should do something about it or faced been SUED, for FAILING on their promises .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by ZombieTERROR: 1:12pm On Nov 25, 2022
FarahAideed:

Don't mind them , they want to watch all 64 matches with 1800 ( 2 dollars)

I paid for supa 5500

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by SlyCharlie(m): 1:13pm On Nov 25, 2022
sprints1:
you just dey yarn nonsense world cup is a global event why must we pay overboard to view what we were watching on nta for free in those days
Because, NTA can no longer afford to pay upward of $10million so that you can watch ball, when the agency itself has not remitted 1naira to government coffers in over 13 years.
Even the private stations like AIT can no longer afford it because of inflation and the how the global tv rights market is now..

NTA sports is showing about 28games as FTA, but you need Startimes antenna decoder to access it. Obviously they'd lose money but it's just Startimes way to fulfill all righteousness..
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by COOL10(m): 1:13pm On Nov 25, 2022
blowjohn:
Pla what's 'fan zone?'

You'll be watching the faces and reactions of the fans instead of the match itself.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by Watinhapen(m): 1:13pm On Nov 25, 2022
GOTV is showing live matches but you need to subscribe to their highest subscription package which is GOTV SUPA to access the channel.
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by sulaimania2003(m): 1:13pm On Nov 25, 2022
ZombieTERROR:

i paid for Supa 5500

Update you decoder .Super package will show all the 64 matches
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by pope191: 1:14pm On Nov 25, 2022
SlyCharlie:
All the matches are on DStv Compact, 9k subscription and GOtv Supa, 5k subscription.

Nigerians like going overboard ad crying about nonsense.
U expect to watch all the matches of the world cup with 2800 subscription, when dollar is > ₦700, plus massive inflation?

Comon

Check your head well obo. What happened to the days of BON? What happened to the days you can turn local TV with loved ones gathering to see a match? So you think an average Nigerian can sub 5k abi? Obo we hail they.
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by ejieddy: 1:14pm On Nov 25, 2022
Instead of watching on paytv, watch on live stream. There's a lot of streaming app sand sites showing the match. Even on Twitter, you can watch. It may only cost you Data
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by SlyCharlie(m): 1:14pm On Nov 25, 2022
COOL10:

DStv bought the exclusive rights to show the matches in West Africa.
They didn't buy any exclusive rights, the thing is No other company bid..
Economy ain't smiling.. so by default DStv is the exclusive English Language broadcaster in subsaharan africa

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by fawaz050(m): 1:15pm On Nov 25, 2022
quentin06:
Dstv is showing it na, it depends on the bouquet.

How much dey show am
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by Nko1: 1:16pm On Nov 25, 2022
Go for free to air it’s free and they are showing the matches check online for fta decoders and dish
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by Fearyourcreator: 1:16pm On Nov 25, 2022
SlyCharlie:
All the matches are on DStv Compact, 9k subscription and GOtv Supa, 5k subscription.

Nigerians like going overboard ad crying about nonsense.
U expect to watch all the matches of the world cup with 2800 subscription, when dollar is > ₦700, plus massive inflation?

Comon
Even on 2950 sub on my dstv I am watching two matches daily ... Nigerians no really care ... Make everything sha dey their favour even if the other person or company is running at loss...
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by sulaimania2003(m): 1:16pm On Nov 25, 2022
Thats not true.Gotv super package for #5500 is showing and will show all the 64 matches love ..It has different specially made World cup Stations on it .
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by jojothaiv(m): 1:17pm On Nov 25, 2022
U09ce:
I remember asking their customer service agent whether they'll show world cup games, a nd she assured me of that. Thank God, I opted for DSTV. This is what happens when you have weak-muscled regulators like FCCPC
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by Ajakaiye83: 1:18pm On Nov 25, 2022
I pay 4100 for max and it is not showing the games.
correct yourself
Passionate888:
Gotv is showing.
Some people will pay #1000 naira subscription and expect to watch the world cup
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by sprints1: 1:18pm On Nov 25, 2022
SlyCharlie:

Because, NTA can no longer afford to pay upward of $10million so that you can watch ball, when the agency itself has not remitted 1naira to government coffers in over 13 years.
Even the private stations like AIT can no longer afford it because of inflation and the how the global tv rights market is now..

NTA sports is showing about 28games as FTA, but you need Startimes antenna decoder to access it. Obviously they'd lose money but it's just Startimes way to fulfill all righteousness..

na wa oo Nigeria no be country I swear. Just like improverishing the masses
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by SlyCharlie(m): 1:19pm On Nov 25, 2022
pope191:

Check your head well obo. What happened to the days of BON? What happened to the days you can turn local TV with loved ones gathering to see a match? So you think an average Nigerian can sub 5k abi? Obo we hail they.

BON is dead..
Govt rn doesn have that kind of money to be throwing around for something that won't bring returns oga... especially this one wey Nigeria no qualify...
NTA sports on Startimes is showing 28 games free, you can aswell patronise them.

Until NTA is privatised, expect this kinds of dissapointments, it's just the sad reality.
DStv payed over $25million as English and local language Paytv broadcaster they have to recoup investments.
Besides this wan an open bid, not exclusive Startimes, cable plus and the rest could have bid too, but economy be Wilding
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 25, 2022
Free to Air dey show am, MBC, AMOS, JOY TV...

So people still sit down to watch TV? No wonder DSTV & GOTv uses Nigerians to shine.

Lazy youths everywhere !!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by 141samuel: 1:21pm On Nov 25, 2022
kingi777:
I think gotv is a cheat. I upgraded from Jolly to max bouquet (ie from about 3000 to 4000+) thinking it will enable me watch some world cup matches to no avail.

Just learning about their super bouquet here
call there customer care to upgrade your channels
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by blowjohn(m): 1:22pm On Nov 25, 2022
COOL10:

You'll be watching the faces and reactions of the fans instead of the match itself.

Ah ah.
How does it add to the entertainment?
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by Emola12(m): 1:23pm On Nov 25, 2022
Akinsete19:
Gotv is a waste of money, they were showing fans zone instead of the matches.
since wey dey don born me I never see that kind thing before
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by Espelbengz(m): 1:23pm On Nov 25, 2022
I am watching with my gotv subscription na..
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by Lukuluku69(m): 1:24pm On Nov 25, 2022
SlyCharlie:

Name that middle eastern country that EPL and co are free to air abeg, I wan laugh

Why would you want to laugh?
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by SlyCharlie(m): 1:25pm On Nov 25, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Even on 2950 sub on my dstv I am watching two matches daily ... Nigerians no really care ... Make everything sha dey their favour even if the other person or company is running at loss...
Like all bouquet below compact, like confirm and Padi show at least 1match a day, especially involving African teams..

Most people just wanna criticize without understanding the facts sad
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by pope191: 1:28pm On Nov 25, 2022
SlyCharlie:

BON is dead..
Govt rn doesn have that kind of money to be throwing around for something that won't bring returns oga... especially this one wey Nigeria no qualify...
NTA sports on Startimes is showing 28 games free, you can aswell patronise them.

Until NTA is privatised, expect this kinds of dissapointments, it's just the sad reality.
DStv payed over $25million as English and local language Paytv broadcaster they have to recoup investments.
Besides this wan an open bid, not exclusive Startimes, cable plus and the rest could have bid too, but economy be Wilding

I understand perfectly, but leaving the fate of Nigerians in the hands of a southy firm is what I don't get. No matter how you view it, they are the biggest gangster and people benefitting from it. Let's forget about quoting figures, telecommunication can do the same if they operate under monopoly. Give other firms the right and watch these things fall into subsidised figures. Not that I can't avoid 14k, but I think of an average Nigerian first.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches / World Cup 2018: Messi And Argentine Team-mates Lands In Russia / Jose Mourinho Slams Crates Of Water Bottles During UCL Victory, Mocks Critics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.