Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup (36157 Views)

Ajax Ball Boy Throws Ball Angry At Roma Player For Time Wasting (Photos, Video) / Sadio Mane Angry At Mohamed Salah In Touchline Bust-up (Photos) / Which Cheap Satellite Television Provider Will Show World Cup Matches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by lookgood4us(m): 2:48pm On Nov 25, 2022
They want us to be watching the fans watching the matches live.
Akinsete19:
Gotv is a waste of money, they were showing fans zone instead of the matches.
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by porthouse7(f): 2:49pm On Nov 25, 2022
yusuff214:
gotv 5,000 supa package is showing all matches even in 5 different languages
not dstv
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by Lordsonn: 2:49pm On Nov 25, 2022
mployer:
I am watching all the matches.

It depends on your subscription.
Thank you. I'm watching all the matches too. I sub for GoTV SUPA. All matches are showing
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by od4life(m): 2:50pm On Nov 25, 2022
What about free to air decoder?
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by kingmsookwagh(m): 2:54pm On Nov 25, 2022
They be showing fan zone and already played matches that aren't live like an angry danfo driver who has decided to blow empty...
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by emmanuelpopson(m): 2:59pm On Nov 25, 2022
i sent them a deep curse on twitter and i will not sub for their decoder again... i will be boycotting their services till further notice.. they will call and call but i wont be move. they did themselves a good deal.. now i will be using that money to do something else.. like paying 4k to be seeing fans faces and reactions..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by Amehdan(m): 3:01pm On Nov 25, 2022
tuoyoojo:
Instead make I do gotv , I would rather stick with my tstv

I get dstv Internet explorer to sell o with extra view decoder with dish

The thing just dey occupy space for my house
Your location and how much?
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by SlyCharlie(m): 3:05pm On Nov 25, 2022
KanoSeller:

Bleep you and your dollar non sense we Nigerians not americans. is people like you that hyping dollar to the point it is, not knowing the purchasing power of naira is still not as bad
You so in over your head ain't u?
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by Originality007: 3:07pm On Nov 25, 2022
How can I pay 5400 on my Dstv and still not me showing all world cup matches

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 25, 2022
SlyCharlie:

You so in over your head ain't u?
seems u work for them?
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by SlyCharlie(m): 3:08pm On Nov 25, 2022
COOL10:

I laugh at the emboldened.

What a way to excuse their inconsideration, discrimination and blatant wickedness. Who is the economy not affecting? But it's fine. It's only a matter of time.

Very soon they'll be the ones begging Nigerians to buy their products but by that time Nigerians would have moved on with a reputable alternative. Let them enjoy their little time on the top for the time being.

If you have any sort of affiliations with them, tell them what I said. It's gonna happen wink
Who's fault is it that Startimes and others didn't bid?
In 2018, didn't all have the right?
Like I said, NTA is also showing about 30 games on Startimes. That is an alternative, and it's free... Or u ain't patriotic enough to watch national television?
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by SlyCharlie(m): 3:09pm On Nov 25, 2022
patoski39:
seems u work for them?
Yea, I'm the MD/CEO undecided
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 25, 2022
SlyCharlie:

Yea, I'm the MD/CEO undecided
don't u think u would've made more profits if all the bouquets was airing it?
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by mployer(m): 3:24pm On Nov 25, 2022
ufotunang:
.. which subscription of gotv...how much is the subscription

Gotv supa. 5,500
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by goksman2(m): 3:27pm On Nov 25, 2022
Am on Gotv Max a 4kplus sub and yet they are showing me fan zone.
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by brown3: 3:32pm On Nov 25, 2022
tuzle:
I guess 1800 not so sure because I don't watch tv. It is just this world cup that carried me to the tv and even without the subscription the nta sport is for free and showing all the matches.
ok thanks bro. How much is startime and do they show African magic
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by 7Randall: 3:33pm On Nov 25, 2022
Tinubu is to blame for this
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by Charly500(m): 3:35pm On Nov 25, 2022
Gotv packages comes with several content like sports especially Soccer for Gotv Max, while Gotv Supa has extra entertainment.

So it was a bit surprising that Gotv Max is not showing the 64 games of the world cup, this is a tournament that comes every four years for Goodness sake, Gotv Max subscribers that have been loyal deserve better than this.

Imagine subscribing for 11 months non stop on Gotv Max and still get to miss watching the full 64 games of Qatar 2022 World Cup just because you didnt upgrade to a package (Gotv Supa) which according to them was not tailor made only for football. I believe the idea is for people to get a taste of Gotv Supa by forcing them because of the world cup, in order for them to start subscribing for the package.

I was upgraded to Gotv Supa earlier in the year, aside watching rok studio channel, there was nothing too special about the package.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by AfonjaConehead: 3:35pm On Nov 25, 2022
But it's being beamed live on Got. World cup Centre nah.
We had to upgrade
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by paradigmshift(m): 3:35pm On Nov 25, 2022
workchopNG:

I'd rather boycott poverty and pay any amount to watch all the matches. The supa package is 5,150 which is probably the cheapest you can find around the world for all matches.

Those guys pay huge sum to get the license. We should put that into consideration.
it's not about poverty bro . How many times are u even home to watch d match? The supa package don't even show all d match, maybe you want to be paying 9-18k . I have dstv and they are not useful in anyway,take away football from it, it's useless. When there's no EPL, you see Dem calling your phone to come n subscribe bla bla bla .. in all I blame our gvt cos they don't even try this their rubbish in their country. For now, what I do is stream all my matches online and when am done, I switch to my free to air cable with many stations.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by tuzle(m): 3:44pm On Nov 25, 2022
brown3:
ok thanks bro. How much is startime and do they show African magic
no Africa magic belongs to multi choice. But I think they have their own African station and I don't know the price of a new startime.
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by tuzle(m): 3:46pm On Nov 25, 2022
Charly500:
Gotv packages comes with several content like sports especially Soccer for Gotv Max, while Gotv Supa has extra entertainment.

So it was a bit surprising that Gotv Max is not showing the 64 games of the world cup, this is a tournament that comes every four years for Goodness sake, Gotv Max subscribers that have been loyal deserve better than this.

Imagine subscribing for 11 months non stop on Gotv Max and still get to miss watching the full 64 games of Qatar 2022 World Cup just because you didnt upgrade to a package (Gotv Supa) which according to them was not tailor made only for football. I believe the idea is for people to get a taste of Gotv Supa by forcing them because of the world cup, in order for them to start subscribing for the package.

I was upgraded to Gotv Supa earlier in the year, aside watching rok studio channel, there was nothing too special about the package.

I agree with u, there is one tv my uncle uses. I can't remember the name now but u will buy something called stick, they subscribe to that tv less than 15dollar and u have unlimited access to multiple stations even dstv stations are there. The only thing is u would have to subscribe to a large data plan.
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by SlyCharlie(m): 3:47pm On Nov 25, 2022
patoski39:
don't u think u would've made more profits if all the bouquets was airing it?
Wat do u mean by 'u'? Lol...I'm not DStv.
If the matches are allowed on the lowest 2k sub, you'd have more subscribers yes, but your revenue and profit margin won't reflect it...
Better you have 300 pple, paying 9k, than 1000 pple, paying 2k
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by tuzle(m): 3:50pm On Nov 25, 2022
OvertheTop:

You will spend more than 5,500 GOtv subscription on internet sub
I would prefer sub thou. I do 3500 for 24gb normally, if I add that 5500 to my 3500 is that not enough for me to watch all the matches at my own convenience without being bothered by nepa light and even at work.
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by adeolamighty: 3:53pm On Nov 25, 2022
I'm watching it life for free on StarTimes on channel 258 Sporty tv, NTA Sports 24 on channel 270 and NTA Channel 103.
Qatar 1-3 Senegal.
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by phemmyfour: 3:55pm On Nov 25, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I've been watching the world cup matches on gotv so far.
plan matters. Highest package dey show
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by Inali: 3:56pm On Nov 25, 2022
tuoyoojo:
Instead make I do gotv , I would rather stick with my tstv

I get dstv Internet explorer to sell o with extra view decoder with dish

The thing just dey occupy space for my house
how much
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by henrijin: 3:57pm On Nov 25, 2022
Na wa for people o. You subscribe for GOTv Smallie and you want to watch world cup. Are you not a juju man.
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by specialofficer: 3:58pm On Nov 25, 2022
IRIEBOY:
same here , I had to update to the 5500 package
how do one update? I did Max sub but don't know how to update it to super which is 5500, I already payed 4100
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by Goalnaldo(m): 4:00pm On Nov 25, 2022
The worst world cup ever for me. Except the Belgium game which I streamed for about 20 minutes before MTN data warning came, I haven't watched any

Goalnaldo:
8:15 pm, PHCN brought light. Excited me rushed the TV and GOtv remote. Happy that I'll watch my first Qatar world cup match. Flipped to the first sport channel, it was showing a review of the opening match, changed to the next "Your bouquet blabla"

Same with the next. The most annoying one was the fourth channel. How can you be showing me the faces of the fans rather than the players on the pitch? cry I've never been so disgusted. When are we going to enjoy simple quality service in this country?
Re: Nigerians Angry At Multichoice GOTV For Failing To Show World Cup by debbaron2011: 4:01pm On Nov 25, 2022
THE MATCH IS SHOWN LIVE ON GOTV SUPA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Spanish Tax Authority Gives Cristiano Ronaldo Reason To Leave Spain: / Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches / World Cup 2018: Messi And Argentine Team-mates Lands In Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.