Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child (24345 Views)

15-Year-Old Tore Her Aunt's Level 16 Promotion Letter Because She Was Scolded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by okooloyun1(m): 9:29pm On Nov 26, 2022
ibechris:
This is horrible!

Call brekete on the line below.

To join in the Brekete Family Programme, You can call this number Monday - Friday

090-99-88-77-00 - International Calls only
080-33-22-11-49 - Local calls only

She does not need any police. She needs a lawyer and an organisation such as NAPTIP and Brekete.

TOLL FREE LINE
0800CALLNAPTIP (08002255627874)
SHORT CODE: 627
Email: info@naptip.gov.ng
Phone: 07030000203
ADDRESS
No. 2028, Dalaba Street
Wuse Zone 5, FCT Abuja. Nigeria

Call them and narrate all this to them...u are sure of getting justice from the first organisation as listed above.

If u can't get then reply me. I will send another number from next week.

Thanks and good luck to u.
This is the best solution.

1 Like

Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by ahnie: 9:39pm On Nov 26, 2022
Odward:
Forget about the child and conceive a new one naundecided
Are you sound in the head at all?
Them really needs to check some people switch boxes.

2 Likes

Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by Mindlog: 9:43pm On Nov 26, 2022
Daniel058:
if the Man paid Lobola , then the child belong to the man and his family, that's Igbo tradition (assuming the late husband was from Igbo tribe)

The child belongs to both father and mother, now the said child's father is late, the woman has 100% right to the custody of their child and not the man's relatives.

The South African mother is getting custody of their son, irrespective of the late husband's tribe

5 Likes

Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by magicminister: 9:43pm On Nov 26, 2022
Regardless of the circumstances, how do you abandon your child for 11 years?

5 Likes

Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by Odward(m): 9:46pm On Nov 26, 2022
ahnie:

Are you sound in the head at all?
Them really needs to check some people switch boxes.
Go and sit down ekuke.
Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by ElGood: 9:55pm On Nov 26, 2022
The mother of the child should contact NAPTIP and lay a claim of forceful child adoption. Within 7 days she will get her child back and the people will be arrested and punish.

1 Like

Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by unclejb2(m): 10:03pm On Nov 26, 2022
Lummoni:
I hop someone will be able to assist.
So my Aunt is a South African woman who was married to a Nigerian man she met in South Africa.

They had a child & when he turned 9 months her husband suggested they visit his family in Nigeria.

A few hours before leaving for the airport back to South Africa, his parents sat her down and told her the baby would have to stay.

After many words & tears her father in law and husband assured her that he would be back in a 6 months to fetch the baby.

True to his word, 6 months later my Uncle in law returned to Nigeria to fetch his children, but 2 days after he arrived he got seriously sick & passed on a few days later.

My Aunt traveled to Nigeria to lay him to rest & had to extend her stay because her in laws kept giving her the run around about why she couldn't take her child (apparently some rituals had to be done for the child since his father had just passed).

She eventually left after her father in law warned her that if she keeps pushing, they (his wife a daughter) would do to her what was done to her husband.

Fast forward 11 years later, her father in law, & mother in law are both late, she sends money to Nigeria every month for her sons upkeep but her sister in law is withholding the child, does not allow him to communicate with her.

When a neighbor tries to let him speak with his mother, they beat him up, sometimes he doesn't go to school and has to go sell water at the market.

My Aunt has tried going with the Nigerian police but failed, has involved the Nigerian embassy but they are dragging their feet. We really do not know what else to do.

Why would they withholding someone's child (a mother who desperately wants her child back) when they can't even take care of his needs.

Maybe someone has been through a similar experience and may be able to help with suggestions of how to get the child back to his mother.
let her go NAPTIP

2 Likes

Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by BRATISLAVA: 10:25pm On Nov 26, 2022
Kobonaire234:

Yes, though at the end, marriage is hard work.

While I agree with your point...we still have cases where the broken up relationship come from the same culture, race and country, and still one parent is prevented from seeing the child by the other parent and his or her family.

There is supposed to be an international convention on the matter...but it is difficult to enforce even in developed countries (and some have even refused to sign the convention self)...

You are right. But it is worse with someone from a different culture to yours. What they see as right can be morally wrong in yours. There will be no middle ground if both of you are deeply entrenched in their cultures. I have met nice people but what kept us apart is their cultural approach to certain matters. They may seem okay with it, but later on you get to realize they really aren't and don't see anything wrong in it.

Good luck to her. She will need it.

A country like Nigeria with largely undocumented people and weak means of enforcing identity will be a haystack to work at in finding a needle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by BRATISLAVA: 10:29pm On Nov 26, 2022
Richy4:
I just dey boil here honestly... Depriving a mother of his child or the child not able to speak with the mother..
What kind of horse sh!t was that? sad

But it's something advised and tolerated on this forum. I want my children. Go and collect your children from that witch.

"My children" and men are the cause of this problem and numerous others.

1 Like

Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by culf: 10:29pm On Nov 26, 2022
Chinny024:
Get a good lawyer pls....I hate nonsense... To push out pikin no easy ooo...I can't trade my kids for anything..

very true. I'm surprise she allow the child stay with them till now.
Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by Wintonmickey(f): 10:36pm On Nov 26, 2022
Go for human right. Pls I bring to u Adloyality Estate. Inspection is 100%sure. Add me on WhatsApp and get more of infor.
Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 26, 2022
Odward:
Forget about the child and conceive a new one naundecided
Considering the xenophobic attitude of South Africans towards Nigerians in South Africa, they may not see her son as theirs. And this, perhaps, might be contributing to why the boy's family is unwilling to release him.

Also note that he may be the only child of his father, and as such, the family feels releasing him is a loss, as he may not visit them in his life time, due to his injurious mindset and the current hungry stance of the country (Nigeria).

1 Like

Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by Richy4(m): 10:41pm On Nov 26, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

But it's something advised and tolerated on this forum. I want my children. Go and collect your children from that witch.

"My children" and men are the cause of this problem and numerous others.
grin grin cheesy smiley
Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 26, 2022
GistFullGround:

Take the matter to court. The Nigerian court system will get the child from those vampires
Uhmmm, na so! Which court? Forget that thing. You think say na abroad you dey for yia. This na Nigeria where those kind ruling nor dey work, especially as e com involve a non-Nigerian.

You think a Nigerian can just go to South Africa to lay claim to a child after the demise of one his/her parents. Easier said than done! Na one chance she enter Soo; she knows. You think she has not complained to South Africa and Nigeria embassy before bringing it to social media. Uhmmm, I laff in Ibibio....

1 Like

Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by Chinny024(f): 10:54pm On Nov 26, 2022
culf:

very true. I'm surprise she allow the child stay with them till now.

How will I dash someone my child na... Haaa,after labour pains and hot fire....The only pain that has moved my brain to default setting even as a nurse...
Omo,I can't... Anywhere am going, gummed to my body ooo...How could they intimidate her to such an extent?...
They only wants that child to forget her and once detachment sets in,forget it...She will be a stranger to her own child..Tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by asahnwaKC: 11:01pm On Nov 26, 2022
She should plan and kidnap the boy…. Periodtttt

1 Like

Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by culf: 11:08pm On Nov 26, 2022
Chinny024:

How will I dash someone my child na... Haaa,after labour pains and hot fire....The only pain that has moved my brain to default setting even as a nurse...
Omo,I can't... Anywhere am going, gummed to my body ooo...How could they intimidate her to such an extent?...
They only wants that child to forget her and once detachment sets in,forget it...She will be a stranger to her own child..Tufiakwa

lol...you're very funny! Shey as nurse you suppose know the techniques and secrets na (I have seen aunty nurse that cannot bear pain, hahaha).
As a guy, I can't even let my child stay 2 months away, even one self talk more of years. Maybe because she is not a Nigerian, I will fight that fight oooo.
You're right, that boy no go know her again, they need to start all over again.

#Aunty nurse I'm having stomach abi chest pain, what do I do?

1 Like

Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by ExudeLoveToAll: 11:13pm On Nov 26, 2022
Jovialjune1:
I don't want to go tribal, but we know the tribe that do this nonsense, a backward tribe consisting of brainless people.

Bigotic comments won't help your mental health.

Noth even an advice for the article?

OP consult SA high commission bin Nigeria and make sure custody suit is brought in court.
Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by Chinny024(f): 11:17pm On Nov 26, 2022
culf:

lol...you're very funny! Shey as nurse you suppose know the techniques and secrets na (I have seen aunty nurse that cannot bear pain, hahaha).
As a guy, I can't even let my child stay 2 months away, even one self talk more of years. Maybe because she is not a Nigerian, I will fight that fight oooo.
You're right, that boy no go know her again, they need to start all over again.

#Aunty nurse I'm having stomach abi chest pain, what do I do?
Go and sleep. grin....Wetin keep you awake till now......Having ulcer before now?....That's by the way shaa!
Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by Sayfact: 11:18pm On Nov 26, 2022
Lummoni:
So my Aunt is a South African woman who was married to a Nigerian man she met in South Africa.

They had a child & when he turned 9 months her husband suggested they visit his family in Nigeria.

A few hours before leaving for the airport back to South Africa, his parents sat her down and told her the baby would have to stay.

After many words & tears her father in law and husband assured her that he would be back in a 6 months to fetch the baby.

True to his word, 6 months later my Uncle in law returned to Nigeria to fetch his children, but 2 days after he arrived he got seriously sick & passed on a few days later.

My Aunt traveled to Nigeria to lay him to rest & had to extend her stay because her in laws kept giving her the run around about why she couldn't take her child (apparently some rituals had to be done for the child since his father had just passed).

She eventually left after her father in law warned her that if she keeps pushing, they (his wife a daughter) would do to her what was done to her husband.

Fast forward 11 years later, her father in law, & mother in law are both late, she sends money to Nigeria every month for her sons upkeep but her sister in law is withholding the child, does not allow him to communicate with her.

When a neighbor tries to let him speak with his mother, they beat him up, sometimes he doesn't go to school and has to go sell water at the market.

My Aunt has tried going with the Nigerian police but failed, has involved the Nigerian embassy but they are dragging their feet. We really do not know what else to do.

Why would they withholding someone's child (a mother who desperately wants her child back) when they can't even take care of his needs.

Maybe someone has been through a similar experience and may be able to help with suggestions of how to get the child back to his mother.
she should go to Agidigbo radio station in Ibadan ,they will fight for there right to get Access to her son

1 Like

Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by GUNITGuy: 11:19pm On Nov 26, 2022
Please get a lawyer and involve the south Africa consular in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by vickydevoka(m): 11:24pm On Nov 26, 2022
Jovialjune1:
I don't want to go tribal, but we know the tribe that do this nonsense, a backward tribe consisting of brainless people.
Igbos will never release their kids. Same thing wen I give Igbo gal belle. Pikin no be your own buh the old man way to marry her

1 Like

Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by culf: 11:30pm On Nov 26, 2022
Chinny024:
Go and sleep. grin....Wetin keep you awake till now......Having ulcer before now?....That's by the way shaa!

i'm waiting for you, I will go after you!
yeah but for awhile I was OK. meanwhile you didn't address the other stuffs I talk about. so you no sabi bear pain abi, chai aunty nurse!

come ooo, while are you still up? I don dey suspect you!
Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by E2000: 11:40pm On Nov 26, 2022
All this one sided stories anyway if I were the one you are not getting that child or children. It is what it is I can't explain why. Blood is thicker than water. You can come visit but that's it. If you want to take them come and rent a house in Nigeria and pretend like you really love the country and want to settle there. Then request for your children to come and visit you or stay with you then run away with them back to your country.
Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by Bambita: 11:52pm On Nov 26, 2022
Chinny024:

Seriously oo.. reminds me of wat I m dragging out with my hubby.. I got a job in another state recently, so we are practically doing a long distance marriage .. hubby said I shd leave my 18 months old son for his elder sister to take care of him.. I said no I rather quit the job. I can't leave my son for any one it's not by force

1 Like

Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by TheboyGhost(m): 12:12am On Nov 27, 2022
Are they Igbo?

If yes...

Then it's a long long case to sort angry

2 Likes

Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by sisisioge: 12:39am On Nov 27, 2022
alizma:

Your approach is good but you can't take him directly to South Africa, you need passport for him. But you can arrange the movement with someone passport official in Ghana or Benin republic, hang around till the boy is sent on an errand, pick him straight to the nearest airport, then to Lagos, from their, enter Benin or Ghana by road. From their your can arrange your movement to South Africa, eliminate anything, such as processing passport for him that will delay the movement in Nigeria. So you need to move out of Nigeria within the first two days you have physical contact with the boy.

I like this planning...Dire situation with dire measures fa. It is well.
Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by LilMissFavvy(f): 1:08am On Nov 27, 2022
She is going to get her child now that she is determined. Believe it or not, she was never serious on getting her child.
BRATISLAVA:

It mostly is. "My children" rather than "our children". Same mentality his family are displaying. They believe men own the children.

1 Like

Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by jmichael259(m): 1:22am On Nov 27, 2022
Lummoni no reply to any comment yet.
I think the man knew he was sick and told the family who now schemed this.
Was the man the only son of the family? Does she solely intend on caring for her son as a mother or to really snatch him away from them forever(their fear)? Can she locate them if asked to get to the address now? Does she have nigerian accomplices? (keep the neighbor aside)

It'll cost much money!

Whatever you decide, Never ask them for the child again or feel so pained when you see him. 1st strategy is keeping your cards to your chest.
You can visit randomly for a weekend (with multiple entourage ofcourse) never stay the night in the village. Make them realise you're just coming for visit not to take the child.

2)Mark your territory. Acquaint with some neighbors, relatives school, church &villagers as their late brother's wife and the boy's mother. Reestablishing ur face to the child because if you be caught anywhere with a child that doesn't know you, you're finished.
QUOTE ME 4 OptionB!!!

2 Likes

Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by godofuck231: 2:03am On Nov 27, 2022
Lummoni:

Contact the south African embassy , f theg are dumb, then contacts an international NGO and the Nigerian agency for the prohibition of trafficking in persons , the NGO and the embassy will contact the federal government and immigration and the child's conventional rights are being denied .
Make sure before she does anything, his south African passport must , must, must be in her palm

1 Like

Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by fluffybaby(f): 2:47am On Nov 27, 2022
Daniel058:
if the Man paid Lobola , then the child belong to the man and his family, that's Igbo tradition (assuming the late husband was from Igbo tribe)

But the aunty is happy taking upkeep money from the woman shey? You people and your backward , disgusting lifestyle parading as culture. Vultures.

2 Likes

Re: Late Husband's Family Withholding Her Aunt's Child by Kentrasso(f): 3:18am On Nov 27, 2022
imadiyi:

Considering the xenophobic attitude of South Africans towards Nigerians in South Africa, they may not see her son as theirs. And this, perhaps, might be contributing to why the boy's family is unwilling to release him.

Also note that he may be the only child of his father, and as such, the family feels releasing him is a loss, as he may not visit them in his life time, due to his injurious mindset and the current hungry stance of the country (Nigeria).

How anyone can justify this senseless act is beyond me. Xenophobic what?? Irrant nonsense. Stupid tradition. A child belongs to his mom and dad. Relatives should go fin their own families and leave people alone

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars / Lady Reveals How Her Wicked Aunt Maltreated And Denied Her Of Going To School / 75-year-old Widow Ejected From Her Husband's House By Her Stepson In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.